• No
    • Meh, it's okay I guess.
  2. 2. Will you buy any DX VF-25's?

• Yes, Alto's VF-25F
    • Yes, Ozma's VF-25S
    • Yes, Michael's VF-25G
    • Yes, Luca's RVF-25
    • None
  3. 3. Which do you preffer, boobs or ass?

• Boobies,...yummie
    • Ass FTW!!1

From reading the Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.3 thread, it seems like you either love it or hate it. Good old Macross World, where there's no middle ground. ^_^

So, like the title says, are you a fanboy or a hater?

oh yeah, about the third poll option; The forum allows three questions and I didn't want to waste any so I guessed I might as well try and answer one of the more important questions in life while I'm at it.

Edited by Dante74

I think it is ok, could be a lot better, but it isn't the worst thing in the world. So I picked number 3 on that.

For second poll.. I am debating currently (as you can see in my sig) whether or not I will get a VF-25G, I wither will or won't so I selected VF-25G AND No.

For the third, I like both just fine, but I have always been more partial to the chest area in the end. Everything is good sometimes.

I think it is ok, could be a lot better, but it isn't the worst thing in the world. So I picked number 3 on that.

For second poll.. I am debating currently (as you can see in my sig) whether or not I will get a VF-25G, I wither will or won't so I selected VF-25G AND No.

For the third, I like both just fine, but I have always been more partial to the chest area in the end. Everything is good sometimes.

You like the chest area in the end? :huh: That would just look weird IMO. :blink:

:p

You like the chest area in the end? :huh: That would just look weird IMO. :blink:

:p

Heh, wouldn't be the first time word play was used against me. Well done ;) .

Good old Macross World, where there's no middle ground. ^_^

I don't believe this is the case. There seems to be a decent number of people falling in the middle ground, but they're not the loudest bunch (the middle ground generally doesn't feel all that strongly one way or the other, the loudest people are always the people who have rather strong opinons). And when anyone does post a middle-ground opinion, there are those who fall on the extremes who will jump on posts like that, making them out to be the opposite extreme.

I didnt like the way the DX was portrayed in fighter mode, which is what usually matters most to me. I have to say that I like Michael's long fighter gunpod, despite having no interest in the character, but I cannot see his gunpod mounting properly with the DX's stubby nose gear.

1 - Meh it's ok, i guess...

2 - Only if they include fast packs on release, so that's a possible. None of this gay mail order sh^t. I voted Ozma, as i want to start with the Roy'esque character first, not like Hikaru in SDF..

(haven't seen all the series yet, so i may change to Michel..)

3 - I like both equally, but look for the knockers first.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

1. No, it's subpar and certainly not a collectors grade toy. Bandai just crapped it out. Take a look at any of the toys they take their time on, they look fantastic and are great. It's a step up from the Macross 7 chunky munkies, but it's not up to what Bandai could put out.

2. Not the 1/60 VF-25.

3. Boobies. :)

I started out as a supporter of the DX but have since strayed over to the hater camp now that I've seen what the final retail toy looks like.

From the moment we saw the first prototypes and test shots, I knew we weren't getting a toy with as much attention to detail and line art accuracy as 1/60 Yamatos. It at least looked alright for a gokin toy in the promo pics but the mass release piece just looks shoddy. Cheap looking unpainted glossy plastic which doesn't match the painted die-cast parts, inaccurate scaling and wrongly scaled non-removable pilot figure among various other problems don't even qualify it as a decent gokin toy now in my book now much less a collector's grade valk.

Every cloud has a silver lining I guess. Now that I have decided not to buy any of the DX VF-25s, I have spare cash to get MP Grimlock instead.

Edited by IXTL

It’s really hard to say. My first initial reaction was immediately to go for tits. But as I took the time to mark my choice for the other poles, I began thinking to myself, “self, do you really prefer tits over ass?” because I really do love the ass, in fact if I were to view some erotic material right now I would probably seek out something that focuses on a woman’s well developed posterior region. But does that really mean that I prefer the bottom to the bosom, or could it be that I’m simply in an ass kind of mood. Considering that my first reaction was to say tits, it must mean something that my gut reaction to such a question would be to the say that I prefer the breast. But at the same time, I have a deep seeded love for the female posterior. I couldn’t decide which was better, I turned both options over in my head relentlessly. I just couldn’t make up my mind. Finally at the peak of my indecisiveness I slammed the enter key and cast my vote. And immediately began to doubt my decision.

Trying to choose between the bust and the buttocks is like asking a parent to choose between their own children. Both are so beautiful and bring so much joy to life in their own special way how can one really say that they love one over the other?

Dante, how could you be so insensitive as to ask such a question and not give us an “both” as an option?!?

oh man, are you kidding...it's nice to stare at boobies but there is not much that can be done with them, although hella fun, I'll have to with Ass all the way....a great ass will go 12 rounds all night long...

oh yes...stupid toy, 1. no, 2. none

I thank God for my crappy mediocre modelling abilities, I still have hope of owning a proper 1/72 vf-25 but not on scale with my other broken yammies, and also give thanks for my gf ass!! yehhaaa!

Dante, how could you be so insensitive as to ask such a question and not give us an “both” as an option?!?

It's a poll, so it's about choices. If I would've included an option for "both", everybody would've chosen that.

Like I said, there's no middel ground, unless you've got some belly button fettish.

Oy yeah, about the toy; I chose no and none.

It looks too much like a kids toy and I preffer my "collectables" to look as much like the line art as possible. If that means that I have to be very carefull when handling it, fine. Yamato makes models that you don't need to glue/click together and that can transform. Perfect for people like me who want an accurate representation of the VF, don't play with their toys and have no modelling skills. You shouldn't give it to a kid expecting it to survive. You wanna give your kid a Macross toy, give it a chuncky. Bandai tried to compromise between accuracy and playabillity and now no-one's happy.

Edited by Dante74

oh man, are you kidding...it's nice to stare at boobies but there is not much that can be done with them, although hella fun, I'll have to with Ass all the way....a great ass will go 12 rounds all night long...

oh yes...stupid toy, 1. no, 2. none

I thank God for my crappy mediocre modelling abilities, I still have hope of owning a proper 1/72 vf-25 but not on scale with my other broken yammies, and also give thanks for my gf ass!! yehhaaa!

?? Are you saying you can have more fun with bombs than a couple of bazookas? Both are explosive, and do about the same amount of damage.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Well, even though I share Valkyrie Addicts view of ass,and voted for ass ftw, I think that in all fairness to boobies, there is PLENTY you can do with them other than just stare.

Of course, the question is in many ways kind of terrible because it's like asking whether we prefer to live with only a right arm or only a left arm...

Obviously great pleasure can be had from both - my vote was cast on the basis of the thought that one is talking about a woman who offers both, but I still have to choose which one I prefer a bit more.

And I see I'm in the minority...again! :)

Pete

We're walking a fine line here with the boobs vs ass discussion so we might want to put an occasional "All Yamato fanboys must die!!" in there somewehere. :rolleyes:

you know what, it's all toynami's fault, and HG... those F**king bastards... (don't ask me how but it is)

1) It's OK. Not great, but not terrible either. It's a step up from Bandai over their Macross 7 DX toys, so they are improving.

2) I'll buy at least one of each.

3) I'm actually a leg man, but if the choice is just tits or ass, then I choose ass (never been much of a breast man).

Graham