A wishlist for Capt. America

Excillon

Just thought I'd do this, although I'm sure he's extremely busy. I would have started a poll, but with so many macross items not getting proper love in 1/72 scale, I figured it would be better to leave it open. Personally, I don't consider myself a battroid or fighter guy, but the lack of proper Battroids in 1/72 scale leads me to wish for some:

1. YF-19 battroid

2. YF-21 battroid

3. Proper GBP for hase battroids

4. VF-11 fighter and battroid

5. Elint battroid

6. SV-51 battroid

7. 1/72 fold booster for the YF-19

8. More diorama stuff

9. Some battle damaged pieces to build into an existing kit, either battroid or fighter

10. A solid, non kitbash gerwalk conversion kit!

Also, while I'm wishing for the moon here, I'd love some actual good, updated Mospeada stuff.

1. YF-19 battroid

2. YF-21 battroid

3. Proper GBP for hase battroids

4. VF-11 fighter and battroid

5. Elint battroid

6. SV-51 battroid

7. 1/72 fold booster for the YF-19

8. More diorama stuff

9. Some battle damaged pieces to build into an existing kit, either battroid or fighter

Also, while I'm wishing for the moon here, I'd love some actual good, updated Mospeada stuff.

1. YF-19 battroid A propers cale one would be nice although I have all the wave ones

2. YF-21 battroid Has anyone done one properly in 1/72

3. Proper GBP for hase battroids Like I need to say yes to that one, Jon knows what I thinks about this

4. VF-11 fighter and battroid Yup to go with my fighter I would like a Battroid

5. Elint battroid You could make a hasegawa conversion kit, in the same way that there is/was a Vf1-d that Starship modler did

6. SV-51 battroid no one has done one iirc

7. 1/72 fold booster for the YF-19 nice quick one

8. More diorama stuff not my bag but im sure it will sell well

9. Some battle damaged pieces to build into an existing kit, either battroid or fighter oh yes now your talking

10. A solid, non kitbash gerwalk conversion kit! Now your talking it would sell like water in the desert

11. Glaug

12. Pittie Cola machine in 1/6th or bigger

Edited by big F

John, due to the econimic times, and the fact that it is Christmas I will not be able to buy a $350.00 Doller kit at this time. I have bought every kit you have ever made. But during this time I just cant afford it. I would love to get this kit but I would suggest to wait a few months, maybe April.

Now if you went with something thats in the 130.00 Range I can deal with it. But I think people are going to be hurting to Pay for 300+

Thanks for what you do john.

John, due to the econimic times, and the fact that it is Christmas I will not be able to buy a $350.00 Doller kit at this time. I have bought every kit you have ever made. But during this time I just cant afford it. I would love to get this kit but I would suggest to wait a few months, maybe April.

Now if you went with something thats in the 130.00 Range I can deal with it. But I think people are going to be hurting to Pay for 300+

Thanks for what you do john.

Not to worry, I am all too aware of the financial downtime we're currently in, and as Cobywan said, I currently still have my hands full with the Commanchero, so a Glaug won't begin until February, and I probably won't be requesting more than a fractional downpayment at that time anyway. If necessary, I'll do a 3 phase payment to break it down into more manageable chunks, but I'll cross that bridge (gingerly) when I come to it.

...And you shouldn't be thanking me, it's I who thank all of YOU for your support. You guys helped make this dream a reality; I just shared ^_^

Not to worry, I am all too aware of the financial downtime we're currently in, and as Cobywan said, I currently still have my hands full with the Commanchero, so a Glaug won't begin until February, and I probably won't be requesting more than a fractional downpayment at that time anyway. If necessary, I'll do a 3 phase payment to break it down into more manageable chunks, but I'll cross that bridge (gingerly) when I come to it.

...And you shouldn't be thanking me, it's I who thank all of YOU for your support. You guys helped make this dream a reality; I just shared ^_^

Thanks John, That I am sure I can manage.

Carl

I'm very happy to be a Macross fan in this time. John comes to reality my dreamed collection. After Glaug, I would like to see:

1.- N-Ger (with pilot)

2.- Fan Liner

3.- Miria figure, with Zentradi pilot uniform (TV version)

4.- Q-Rau (TV version, with pilot)

5.- 1/72 Breetai figure

6.- ARMD ship

7.- Zentradi battleships (all 4)

Edited by cool8or

LOL complete with accesories like milling machine, casting supplies and 1/6 scale cottage cheese sorting trays :)

Boy, I'm never gonna live down the cottage cheese thing am I? :lol::lol::lol:

For the record, those containers were amassed over a period of MANY YEARS. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :ph34r:

The tv-version power-suits are also something I plan to tackle down the road; I feel that the plastic kits never did these valuable designs justice, and the later resin offerings also left me feeling somewhat unfulfilled. It was virtually inconceiveable when I was a boy to think that I'd one day be able to make my very own kits just the way I wanted to see them, so I totally plan to make the best of it B))

A macross Plus or DYRL version of the N' Ger would probably be more profitable. Seems that after DYRL all the designs used and made for it have become the accepted canon in terms of detail and form. Lets not get into the retconning that has been done. Im talking purely in terms of line art here.

i know i've been asking for a yammie glaug for ages, but from what i've seen, cap's would look a LOT nicer. the only problems now are A) my modeling skills are crap. seriously. B) i have a sinking feeling that my choices will be either a) cap'n glaug or b) my wife. looks like i've got till february to see which one's more important.

1. YF-19 battroid Really need a 1/72 scale

2. YF-21 battroid maybe you can buy Conversion

3. Proper GBP for hase battroids NG has one but I don't like their style

4. VF-11 fighter and battroid Club-m & RETPPU

5. Elint battroid

6. SV-51 battroid

7. 1/72 fold booster for the YF-19 Club-m YF-19

8. More diorama stuff

9. Some battle damaged pieces to build into an existing kit, either battroid or fighter VF-4 battroid?

what about 1/72 VF-17S/D VF-19S/F Fighter? VF-14 or VF-9 also sounds good ^_^

i know i've been asking for a yammie glaug for ages, but from what i've seen, cap's would look a LOT nicer. the only problems now are A) my modeling skills are crap. seriously. B) i have a sinking feeling that my choices will be either a) cap'n glaug or b) my wife. looks like i've got till february to see which one's more important.

Can't help with the money angle because quality and small runs like this aren't cheap. For the quality of product John has been turning out, these kits have been I have yet to feel any buyer's remorse and I have picked up a couple of each of the kits he has done so far. On the modelling skills end of things, you shouldn't be too intimidated. Cap'n's kits are among the best resin kits I've dealt with, you just need to be a little patient and take your time on initial clean up, for the most part he makes sure that the pour marks are on places where the kit is assembled so even if you do screw up a little on the pour stubs it isn't visible on the finished kit.

Get a couple cheap plastic model kits and put them together for practice if they come out OK you'll be able to handle these. I have to tell you that while I was in love with the Yamato Valks, I have much more attachment to and care more for the Moscato Macross kits in my display case.....because I built them. It's that little somethign extra that makes them special.

This tread is never, ever going to end...

no,

and I'd also like to cast my vote for a cat's eye, but more than that I want a VF-4 fighter,

if you make a 1/72 VF-4 fighter, I will send you a signed blank check with you're name on it, and let you fill in any number you like... PLEASE!!!

Edited by anime52k8

Boy, I'm never gonna live down the cottage cheese thing am I? :lol::lol::lol:

For the record, those containers were amassed over a period of MANY YEARS. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :ph34r:

Sorry John, it was the first thing I thought of when I pictured a John Moscato Fugure packaged in a plastic blister :)

if you make a 1/72 VF-4 fighter, I will send you a signed black check with you're name on it, and let you fill in any number you like... PLEASE!!!

Captain you'll be needing to get a pen that can write on a black check.

I am definitely in for a Glaug. As for the TV version power suit I am now trying to sculp one myself :p .

Hi guys.

Yup, I'm still up for oing a Cat's Eye if I can swing the numbers. Perhap after the Glaug, assuming I survive making it.

Man all you on the Glaug. Thats going to be one BIG kit! I will have to start saving now, but I am in for the Glaug.

I have always wanted to do a Diarama of 2 Cats eyes, sitting next to a Velk on a Runway.

Captain you'll be needing to get a pen that can write on a black check.

I am definitely in for a Glaug. As for the TV version power suit I am now trying to sculp one myself :p .

I was typing after 6 strait hours of typing, I'm a little keyboard fried right now... (and when you quote it helps to start with

)

thanks for the words of encouragement, ghadrack! but, i doubt i'll be in for one. i can put stuff together, but finishing is my flaw. usually, one of the last things that one can possibly screw up, i screw up, generally bad enough that it can't be fixed. what can i say? i'm talented with my lack of talent. and with the quality and low production numbers of cap's kits, only a fool would/could ask for a lower cost (another limiter). so i'll get to dream about it, stare raptly at all the WIP's come march, and if i'm lucky, mod the hell out of an old exosquad officer's pod to look moderately acceptable next to my 1/48 vf-1s. i've always liked the glaug design, plus it takes me back to my old battletech days when it masqueraded as a 'marauder'.

good luck to those that get them, and POST PICS of the moscato macross madness W'sIP!