VF-0S vs VF-1S ver2.

wwkkim

On my 0S Ghost combo the "broken back" is barely noticeable, not at all like the first edition VF-0S where it was impossible to avoid (and my VF-0A was the tightest of all there).

Well I guess that demonstrates the variability in production - my VF-0A cannon fodder was just as floopy in fighter mode as my v1 VF-0S.

On my 0S Ghost combo the "broken back" is barely noticeable, not at all like the first edition VF-0S where it was impossible to avoid (and my VF-0A was the tightest of all there).

Sorry Jenius

Do you mind explaining what "broken back" is?;;

I have no idea what that is..

Did they care to justify why the latter models (YF-19, VF-17, VF-25, etc) get bigger again? In the story, of course.

Simply a matter of trying to cram more technologies onto an aircraft, I suppose-- bigger, more powerful engines, internal missile bays, pin-point barrier system etc.

Sorry Jenius

Do you mind explaining what "broken back" is?;;

I have no idea what that is..

I'm at work or I'd show you a picture from my review of the 0S first edition on Anymoon.com (you can go and click the VF-0 link to see for yourself). The broken back in fighter makes it so the nose droops and leaves some gaps in the back. Really it's just a way of saying the toy lacks sufficient structural integrity in fighter mode so it comes apart a little bit on you.

I'm at work or I'd show you a picture from my review of the 0S first edition on Anymoon.com (you can go and click the VF-0 link to see for yourself). The broken back in fighter makes it so the nose droops and leaves some gaps in the back. Really it's just a way of saying the toy lacks sufficient structural integrity in fighter mode so it comes apart a little bit on you.

PS%20160%20VF-0S%20small%2032.jpg

Is this the one? I thought it was fixed on ver 2.0

Oh, btw I didn't know you were the one writing all those reviews at anymoon.com :) I find your reviews really helpful :D

That pic isn't showing up for me (probably work firewall). If it's the one that has a hand drawn arrow to the back of the fighter in GERWALK then you've got it right. It LARGELY was fixed for version 1.5 and 2. Of all the Zero toys I've owned only my first edition was so sloppy it was problematic. My 0S 2nd edition does have a tiny bit of slop in that area though and if you're used to how solid the VF-1 feels it might make you think it's flimsy even if it holds together aesthetically.

For God's sake, go with the VF-1 version 2.0, when the choice is that or the VF-0S, it's a no brainer.

I've had both, and even though the ghost bundle pack resolved most of the issues with the VF-0S, my 1/60 version 2.0 Roy 1S is worlds above it.

My 2 cents....

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

LOL

THIS IS TOO MUCH PRESSURE FOR ME :D

OMG... What should I chooose!!!

Alright

1 Question: Will I still be able to find Hikky and Focker VF-1S like few months later? (There will be re-releases right?)

If so, I'll go with VF-0S.

Oh by the way guys, how bad is YF-19 (2nd Edition with FAST Pack) compared to VF-0s? Is it even more floppy and unstable?

Oh by the way guys, how bad is YF-19 (2nd Edition with FAST Pack) compared to VF-0s? Is it even more floppy and unstable?

wwkkim, so far of all the yamato valks i have bought, the VF-0 is the floppiest and NOTHING ELSE EVEN COMES CLOSE.

the YF-19 fighter mode is not floppy at all in fact it is VERY solid.

the only downfall for the YF-19 to me is the GERWALK mode where nothing holds the upper portion together,

meaning if you hold the YF-19 upside down in GERWALK the whole upper portion will flop around.

but we already have guides on how to fix that problem in the MWF about the YF-19 go search.

You guys are crazy, the 0S is getting reissued.... they're going to be everywhere also. They don't move terribly swiftly.

wtf compared to how many re-issues Yamato would punch out for the v.2 VF-1S Roy????????

It's not about how slow it (the re-issue with arm fix VF-0S) will take to dissapear, it's what will win outright in the end of availability.

V.2 Roy will win that easily.

Ahh last time i post in this thread, getting knowhere fast lol.

flip a coin

Yes, the 19 is more solid, but really, if your going to hang it upside down expect something to give. I rate the 19 a floppy mess (battroid)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

wtf compared to how many re-issues Yamato would punch out for the v.2 VF-1S Roy????????

It's not about how slow it (the re-issue with arm fix VF-0S) will take to dissapear, it's what will win outright in the end of availability.

V.2 Roy will win that easily.

Ahh last time i post in this thread, getting knowhere fast lol.

flip a coin

Yes, the 19 is more solid, but really, if your going to hang it upside down expect something to give. I rate the 19 a floppy mess (battroid)

Ok guys, i think we are all just trying to help wwkkim in his tough decision here.

All our views given here are actually just swayed by how much we still love the VF-0 inspite of the known shortcomings and the availabilty of the vf-0.

Thus we are all divided in our opinions and have this heated debate here B))

Ok to cap my own point of view, i'll just say that eversince i got my 1/60 vf-1 ver2,

i just simpy lost my love for the vf-0.

Its sad but true...

Edited by honkhet

the supposed "updated" VF-0S isn't even out yet... it might be safer to wait for somebody from JP or HK to review it first... nobody really knows how much "updating" was really done... and it's not an exclusive and Yamato usually re-issues their stuff. there's no harm in waiting. ^_^

I don't have a V2 1/60 yet but my VF-0S is one of my favorite of my valks, even with it's "issues" (mine doesn't like being in Battroid mode, but that's OK, I prefer fighter modes on everything anyway ^_^ ).

I'm considering selling it and getting a CF VF-0A and the camo Ghost, though. I've never been one for the "flashy" paint schemes and I prefer the -0A head style.

Vostok 7

I love my 1/60 VF-1 v2s as well. Despite owning the first issue of Focker's 1S, I've had no problems with it thus far - it has a really solid feel to it, even with the fast pack on. And my recent acquisition of Hikaru's Super 1J makes the whole deal even sweeter - I'm in Booby Duck heaven! The joints of these things are really nice and tight though, if you do plan to purchase one of these, do be careful when handling them particularly the shoulder hinges. Also, they can be a little back-heavy in battroid mode when fully equipped with the fast packs though nothing that some clever posing can't handle. Whatever you decide, I hope that you can fully enjoy these toys for what they are.

I don't have a V2 1/60 yet but my VF-0S is one of my favorite of my valks, even with it's "issues" (mine doesn't like being in Battroid mode, but that's OK, I prefer fighter modes on everything anyway ^_^ ).

I'm considering selling it and getting a CF VF-0A and the camo Ghost, though. I've never been one for the "flashy" paint schemes and I prefer the -0A head style.

Vostok 7

I too prefer the 0A headstyle.

on top of that, the articulation of the 0A head is much better than the 0S head. this is bcos of the chin to neck clearance, where the 0S has very little clearance even after pulling the head to extend the neck.

thus the 0S head is unable to do the "looking down" pose

i'm sure there're plenty here who would have wished their 0S head could "look down" :D

I would just like to point out the following:

1) Questions of this nature ("which one should I get?") are somewhat moot.

2) The reason is simple: There are actually not that many Valkyrie out there. I understand that when you've got none and are wondering which one to get, then this might be a valid question, but eventually, you will end up getting every last one that you can get your hands on :)

3) You will even come to the point where (like me) you suddenly want doubles! I have only one Nora, one Ivanov, One VFOS, one VFOA...it's not enough dang nab it! I'm already making every effort to buy the V.2 1/60s as doubles (two at a time) - but failing that, you can rotate.

4) The better question would be: How do I budget a constant stream of Valkyrie?

I think the best thing for you to do is set yourself a long term goal - if you get the OS, then you obviously have to get the OA as well. And if you get the OA, then you must get the OA with Ghost. And while you're about it, maybe the OS with Ghost as well. And if you're going to get the UN valkyrie from zero, then CLEARLY you need to get the SV-51. And obviously you need both Nora and Ivanov.

And suddenly - whamo - you have the ENTIRE collection for Macross Zero. Only four fighters.

Oh - wait - then there's the cannon fodder SV-51. Maybe you can skip that :)

My point here is, however, that it's kind of pointless to get all worked up over which one you should get. Get one of them now, another one a month from now - maybe get whatever you can find at a bargain?

Just get :)

Pete

I think the best thing for you to do is set yourself a long term goal - if you get the OS, then you obviously have to get the OA as well. And if you get the OA, then you must get the OA with Ghost. And while you're about it, maybe the OS with Ghost as well. And if you're going to get the UN valkyrie from zero, then CLEARLY you need to get the SV-51. And obviously you need both Nora and Ivanov.

And suddenly - whamo - you have the ENTIRE collection for Macross Zero. Only four fighters.

Oh - wait - then there's the cannon fodder SV-51. Maybe you can skip that :)

You missed the 0A Shin. So with CF SV-51, there're 6. *Hides* :ph34r:

My point here is, however, that it's kind of pointless to get all worked up over which one you should get. Get one of them now, another one a month from now - maybe get whatever you can find at a bargain?

Just get :)

Ok, back to the very first page and first post of which to get first... :unsure: But I have to agree with VFTF1, just get any of them now!! :angry::lol:

Maybe next month there will be a thread tittled SV-51 vs VF1S ver2. :lol:

Good reviews, the photo of the VF-0A in Gerwalk mode is awesome btw!! Really speeks "You talking to me?!" B))

My first VF was the Max Jenius version of Yamato's 1/60th VF-1J with Super Parts. Still a great looking toy if you ask me, although I can just stare at it while in the box as well. I got it out a few times, but transformation is a bit difficult, and I'm afraid of breaking any parts. Next one is the SV-51 (underway from HLJ) and a 1/72nd VF-11B with Fast pack from Yamato. I plan on getting the VF-0S with Ghost fighter next (probably around January or so), as it just kicks ass! Especially with those missile pods on the fighter's shoulders. My favourite would be a VF-0D with Ghost though. Even more firepower with the larger wing area! But since there's no transformable 1/60th VF-0D (yet), I don't see that happening anytime soon.