Macross Frontier Episode 24 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Rating  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Rating (or Ranting)

• Positive (Battle pr0n!!!!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (I have a better place for that MDE. Up Ranka's little bug queen a**)

Alto probably was looking at the flight data recorder. And he was only looking for what, couple of minutes? Ozma and the gang probably went through the research data as well as spending much more time in the area. That data probably wasn't touched after the research fleet arrived on Galia 4.

I might be recalling it wrong... but I seem to remember that Alto mentioned the data had been tempered with quite recently...

-Sergorn

Whoa, just realized, was that a "second" New Macross Class in the Frontier fleet? It showed both the Frontier still attached to Island 1, but also showed a NMC ship out in front with the rest of the fleet. We also got a side view of an NMC cruising by itself during the defold of the NUNS fleet into the Vajra system. Multiple NMCs (or City ships for that matter) is not unprecedented of course, but it comes as a surprise to me, given that we've not seen multiple NMCs in the Frontier fleet up until this point.

Edited by Mr March

you know i don't think they built the global quite as well as the Macross was built. the macross was a tuff ol' girl and the Global gets defeated by a few bugs?

the difference is the crew ;)

B))

EDIT: on second thought, you're probably right. bootlegs will never come close to the real stuff hahaha

Edited by Shun

Whoa, just realized, was that a "second" New Macross Class in the Frontier fleet? It showed both the Frontier still attached to Island 1, but also showed a NMC ship out in front with the rest of the fleet. We also got a side view of an NMC cruising by itself during the defold of the NUNS fleet into the Vajra system. Multiple NMCs (or City ships for that matter) is not unprecedented of course, but it comes as a surprise to me, given that we've not seen multiple NMCs in the Frontier fleet up until this point.

i paused that part too, but the second time i saw the City without a Battle 25 in front. Battle 25 was detached from Island 1 since last ep.

ADD pic:

snapshot20080921031331og9.th.jpg

Edited by Shun

Believe you're mistaken when you say there was one still attached to Island 1. I only see one, (not counting the split second shot of Battle Galaxy) and it's the one that's ahead of the fleet. It appears to be further back when its defolding with the rest of the fleet, then is up ahead of it in the next shot, but I don't see anything indicating there was ever more than one.

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

yeah probably many if not all folks from M:Galaxy were tricked into implants to bind them to G.A.

The one last episode seems too rush for everything. We have the Battle Galaxy to appear, SMS Quarter to return to the scene, Leon is to be killed/captured for trial of murder, Grace needs to be killed but she dont die easily, mankind making peace with Vajra and Ranka, Brera to be killed or sacrificed to save Ranka and after making peace with Alto, Bilrer to meetup with this mysterious "person" and the explanation of his real motive behind all of these, conclusion to Luca and Nanase (she needs to wake up, and Luca needs to feel guilt and remorse i hope?), and of course Alto's choice between Ranka and Sheryl... not to mention we need time for the plot explanation, the battles between M:Frontier/SMS/M:Galaxy/Vajra rematch for Alto/Brera(?), and also to wrap up the series... Too much content to stuff in 20+ minutes!! Maybe Grace will not be destroyed at the end to pose as a permanent threat in a future series? She's hard to kill, and i dont think even destroying the whole of Battle Galaxy could kill her if she is well-prepared with several network backups in various places.

BOMBA!!! B))

There is a chance that episode 25 isn't the last. Someone watching the original airing said that during the commercials a few weeks ago. Something about the last episode of Frontier is 16 October. He even pointed that out again then other people wondered where he got that info from. Besides they still haven't said how many episodes this series is supposed to be. Just a bunch of anime sites guessing wildly. Anime sites even said that Macross Frontier was only 13 episodes in the beginning.

I'm hopping for more episodes, OVAs or maybe even an other season even if that have never happened before.

Edited by panpo98

Besides they still haven't said how many episodes this series is supposed to be. Just a bunch of anime sites guessing wildly.

It's more than that. In the News Thread, someone posted the TV listings, which said that episode 25 was the final episode.

Which seems too short, but works with the Macross TV squaring principle:

SDFM: 36 episode (6x6)

M7: 49 episodes (7x7)

MF: 25 episodes (5x5)

Of course, I doubt ANYONE on the staff was thinking about this when planning the show, but it's a neat coincidence.

Finally watched... wow, there is not enough I can say about this. Amazing episode, can't wait to see the end, even though there will be no more after that (still hoping for movies or OVA).

Just had another thought (sorry if they are all pouring out like a mad man)...:)

So I guess that orange Dulfim-like ship was Grace's base of operations this whole time? This is where her VF-27 fighters come from and likely where she was "downloaded" after her "death" on Gallia IV? Makes sense and I'm kinda embarrassed that I didn't guess that was the case this whole time :)

Just had another thought (sorry if they are all pouring out like a mad man)...:)

So I guess that orange Dulfim-like ship was Grace's base of operations this whole time? This is where her VF-27 fighters come from and likely where she was "downloaded" after her "death" on Gallia IV? Makes sense and I'm kinda embarrassed that I didn't guess that was the case this whole time :)

Always figured it was the Dulfim. But it has me wondering, where was it until now? Docked with Island 1 the whole time? Who's on it? The original galaxy crew? Noone, and it's running on auto? Why didn't anyone notice it leaving then, they sure noticed the quarter quick enough. Doubt Leon would be so careless just to ignore it. As for it being Grace's base of operations, it seems likely. And you're not alone in forgetting it... but that's to be expected since we haven't really seen it in like what 16 episodes ^_^

OMG! Absolutely shocking! No Macross ever did something like that! I like the homage to Macross Plus in that episode too, especially when Alto

burst in to flames.

Man, I hope this series goes on for at least 3 more eps and a max of 4 because they have a lot of 'splainin' to do like some other members already posted. Besides the appearance of several NMC ships, I was surprised their defensive fleet was as large as it is because I surely didn't show them having a force that size. :blink:

OMG! Absolutely shocking! No Macross ever did something like that! I like the homage to Macross Plus in that episode too, especially when Alto

burst in to flames.

Man, I hope this series goes on for at least 3 more eps and a max of 4 because they have a lot of 'splainin' to do like some other members already posted. Besides the appearance of several NMC ships, I was surprised their defensive fleet was as large as it is because I surely didn't show them having a force that size. :blink:

Next episode is the last.

I wonder if the people that are hoping for a lot of explaining in the last episode and a definite conclusion have seen all the previous work before it.

Yeah... good point. Also the pacing leading up the final battle certainly doesn't feel rushed compared to Macross or Macross 7 IMO

-Sergorn

Yeah... good point. Also the pacing leading up the final battle certainly doesn't feel rushed compared to Macross or Macross 7 IMO

-Sergorn

could be worst, like Macross Zero episodes 4 and 5, many of us felt an episode was missing between them...

addition:

I wouldn't be surprised if Kawamori decides to end Frontier with the Chewbacca defense...

Edited by RichterX

I can't belive we've gone to 24 pages in two days!! I just finished the episode (My daughter is taking a nap so that gave me the chance to do it ^_^) and it Seems that Sheryl is related to Mao after all, but if she is Mao's grandchild what happend to Mao's daugther in order for Sheryl to be abandoned like she was?? Anyway maybe somebody else already posted this, but like I said 24 pages in two days is a lot of posts to go through and I doubt my Daughter will sleep for the 5 hours that I need to go through all of them :D

Edited by Macross1982

************Possible Spoiler********************

Got this from Wiki regarding episode 25 -

"The Macross Quarter crew discuss whether to help or stop the extermination of all Vajra. Meanwhile the Frontier fleet continues its attack and Battle Frontier manages to charge directly into the center of the enemy forces. However, the true faction behind the Vajra appears and Island One (the main residential area of the fleet) receives a fierce counterattack, becoming endangered. While Battle Frontier faces the enemy mothership, the silhouette of a person starts projecting on the special stage located in its bridge and end in cliffhanger."

Suggests that there might either be another series or an ova.

************Possible Spoiler********************

Got this from Wiki regarding episode 25 -

"The Macross Quarter crew discuss whether to help or stop the extermination of all Vajra. Meanwhile the Frontier fleet continues its attack and Battle Frontier manages to charge directly into the center of the enemy forces. However, the true faction behind the Vajra appears and Island One (the main residential area of the fleet) receives a fierce counterattack, becoming endangered. While Battle Frontier faces the enemy mothership, the silhouette of a person starts projecting on the special stage located in its bridge and end in cliffhanger."

Suggests that there might either be another series or an ova.

I wrote the original summary at wikipedia from official information I saw in the news thread. Someone added the

cliffhanger

thing. Will edit it back to how it was before...

Afaik, the series is going to last 25 episodes. No extension whatsoever... <_<

And I believe this comments belong in the news thread mate... :rolleyes:

Back to Episode 24 discussion...

I watched gg subs version of the Episode... Finally it has been finally confirmed that Grace wants to use the Vajra to impose the unification of mankind in a fold network intelligence with her as the main node...

Is that why she wants to get to the Queen nest? To take Ranka's place on it or what? :wacko:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

As already others said previously in this thread, my expectations are only the resolution of the triangle and the fate of the bad guys

The rest could be easily left open...

I think saying there might be a resolution to the triangle might even be pushing it at this point. I'll still gladly watch no matter what of course.

hmm, Mao Nome was the formost researcher on proto culture. What if she followed Shin and Sarah to the Varija planet? That shot of the throne of the Varija resembles the cockpit of the birdman a bit to much. Kawamori loves to play around with Mac Zero references in this episode. Would be a shocker if Shin and Sarah would still be around. Doubt they will make an apearance but but there is something with the whole Nome connection.

hmm, Mao Nome was the formost researcher on proto culture. What if she followed Shin and Sarah to the Varija planet? That shot of the throne of the Varija resembles the cockpit of the birdman a bit to much. Kawamori loves to play around with Mac Zero references in this episode.

Hell... he's been playing with Macross Zero references for the whole series. Now the question is wether or not the ending will reveal some deeper connexion. I also thought the "Queen" looked a lot like the Bird Human...

-Sergorn

ok, after rewatching the episode now subbed, still awesome!!

I have to add some things, despite Leon being a dick, they guy is pretty clever and pulled off a very good coup d' etat on Frontier and is commanding the fleet very efficiently, if stupid Ranka hadn't deserted Frontier Leon's plan would have worked perfectly

and another thing, why didn't Battle 25 just fired it's Macross cannon on the vajra queen location??? I don't think there was any evidence of the Vajra being resistant it...

can't wait for next episode...

ok, after rewatching the episode now subbed, still awesome!!

I have to add some things, despite Leon being a dick, they guy is pretty clever and pulled off a very good coup d' etat on Frontier and is commanding the fleet very efficiently, if stupid Ranka hadn't deserted Frontier Leon's plan would have worked perfectly

and another thing, why didn't Battle 25 just fired it's Macross cannon on the vajra queen location??? I don't think there was any evidence of the Vajra being resistant it...

can't wait for next episode...

Damn, now you've got me hoping for an ending where Leon says, "And I would've gotten away with it, if it weren't for you meddling kids!" ^_^

hmm, Mao Nome was the formost researcher on proto culture. What if she followed Shin and Sarah to the Varija planet? That shot of the throne of the Varija resembles the cockpit of the birdman a bit to much. Kawamori loves to play around with Mac Zero references in this episode. Would be a shocker if Shin and Sarah would still be around. Doubt they will make an apearance but but there is something with the whole Nome connection.

In that topic, the last escene of sheryl screaming reminds me too much Sara's scream when she believes that Shin is dead. We know exactly how it ends, but my point is if it is what Sheryl needs at this moment to equal or exceed the power of Ranka

Are you kidding? They want to colonize a planet not a wasteland.