Macross Frontier Episode 23 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 23  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (Sheryl is getting drunk. Giggity!)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Are we done yet? Are we done yet? Are we done yet?...)

yup but u watched DYRL first before TV series.

Actually, I saw the TV-series first.

Also, in the movie she's actually actively interested in Hikaru for the most part.

The fact that she saw him as a friend almost the entire TV-series sort of makes her lose the triangle by default.

The triangle should have been resolved in episode 27, but because the show was extended so was the triangle, with Hikaru the one that comes out short

(as in his character... he was acting clueless around Misa for 2 years? ugh.)

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

regarding the V-type infection, does it mean that Ranka is special because she was conceived by Ranshe who's infected with V-type virus? i.e. if someone is infected and is pregnant, the baby will still get the "bacteria" or virus but yet will not die from it?

if thats the case, Sheryl is now in similar situation as Ranshe, and if Alto had made her pregnant, the baby could become a 2nd Ranka aka Little Queen v2. :o

regarding the V-type infection, does it mean that Ranka is special because she was conceived by Ranshe who's infected with V-type virus? i.e. if someone is infected and is pregnant, the baby will still get the "bacteria" or virus but yet will not die from it?

if thats the case, Sheryl is now in similar situation as Ranshe, and if Alto had made her pregnant, the baby could become a 2nd Ranka aka Little Queen v2. :o

If V2.0 ends up with Sheryl's looks, she'll be the physically superior specimen, but please, don't end up with HIS thermonuclear bombproof skull...

Hope V2.0 doesn't end up inferior overall to the original... :lol:

hmm we've all heard that stupidity is infectious too... :unsure:

shouldn't the Alto look be superior? i can hear yaoi girls screaming :lol:

hey maybe it'd be a boy, and we'll get a Basara v2.0 !!!

BOMBA!!! B))

BTW, noticed that initially the vajra didn't shoot at Brera - he was the one who shot first. i get the impression that the vajra just wants to bring them to the boss brain.

Edited by Shun

You guys need to know that IN NO WAY IS BASARA COMING BACK IN ANY FUTURE MACROSS SERIES EVER!!!!!

THIS I COMMAND!!! :lol:

You jinxed it, Basara is coming to save the day in ep 25, he'll defold with a bunch of spacewhales. Just watch.

TOTSUGEKI LOVE HEART!!!

Edited by RF-26AAC

he brain-washes Alto and tells him that he's the best actor, that he's still acting in his fighter-pilot role. :huh:

n the thick-skull seems to be buying it. duh.

There seemed to be a lot of acting during the Alto x Sheryl dinner as well (on both sides). The forced cheerfulness was bordering on annoying. Whatever she feels about Alto, she still cannot fully open up to him.

I've got a question, being serious for a moment; Could somebody explain to me exactly WHAT SHERYL SEES IN ALTO? I mean with Ranka, I can see that it could just be a crush( given her age) but why is Sheryl going after him? What does Alto offer Sheryl that somebody else could not? :huh:

He is her density.

I've got a question, being serious for a moment; Could somebody explain to me exactly WHAT SHERYL SEES IN ALTO? I mean with Ranka, I can see that it could just be a crush( given her age) but why is Sheryl going after him? What does Alto offer Sheryl that somebody else could not? :huh:

I've also found myself wondering that, but suffice to say love doesn't exactly operate by reason or logic.

He is the only male who doesn't fawn all over her, but treats her normally.

Vaguely reminiscent of Hikaru being one of the few guys who wasn't intimidated by Misa, his impetuousness was a challenge to her.

we can only hope that for the sake of the future of humanity that any child of alto and sheryl that the alto genes are all dormant.

I don't think that would help... I think they both have far too much estrogen to ever produce anything that looks boyish. Well... unless nature pulls a fast one and they have a girl who looks like Duke Nukem. :ph34r:

I thought that roughly applied to Michel as well. Never felt he was giving her much special treatment.

I think Michel was somewhat antagonistic toward Klan, making at least unflattering comments about her miclonized appearance. Certainly not fawning, but I'm not quite sure if I would say it wasn't special treatment :p

What he always does - he brain-washes Alto and tells him that he's the best actor, that he's still acting in his fighter-pilot role. :huh:

n the thick-skull seems to be buying it. duh.

Actually, what Alto is buying into is the pep talk from Leon and Bilrer. They both told Alto that Vajra is using Ranka as a tool to annihilate human. And Alto believes in that.

Super Ostrich

yup but u watched DYRL first before TV series.

and Minmay was quite badly portrayed in DYRL, esp with that part where she wished everyone else died.

I could see how that could've affected anyone's opinion of her (if they didn't watch TV series first).

PS > if the events only happened like in DYRL, i'd agree the Hikaru x Misa ending.

The TV version is more complex. although at first Minmay was more interested in her career, she seemed to only realize her love for Hikaru near the end, but it was too late (of coz the sly B* Hikaru would've spent a few nights with Minmay before deciding to go with Misa...). grrr :angry:

I love minmay. while i think that's it's good that Hikaru ended up with Misa, a part of me wishes that Minmay also had her happy ending. and i think Minmay is still is Hikaru's true love, til the very end.

and i never got the impression that Minmay was depicted worse in DYRL. sure she wished everyone else was dead in a time of despair, but aside from that, whet else did she do? when she dated hikaru and fell for him, she was consistent. and she was even the one who made the move to get hikaru back. she never wavered, second-guessed or flirted. once she found out hikaru was alive, she went straight to him.

from her perspective, she went from a date with hikaru on saturn's rings to meeting him again on the macross stage. who could blame her for going after his man, since she had no idea or inkling of what happened in between.

and despite being depressed and heart-broken, all it took was a slap and a few seconds for her to sing and save humanity, and make peace with misa.

SDFM Minmay was not at all bad either. her only fault in SDFM was being a wee bit flighty and dense when it came to hikaru's feelings. but all in all, she was a fantastic girl.

it was only RT which ruined her, IMO. sadly.

so to introduce myself, "Hi, i'm dreamweaver. and i'm a minmay fan."

everyone else: "gasp"!

The first image is where Sheryl and Alto have their dinner. I do not think it is Ozma's place. It could very well be in the same neighborhood, though.

Well I guess... except I think the fact that they look nothing alike at all, is even more so... :huh:

I should perhaps elaborate when I said "It makes the sense that is the same" I was not refering to the building being the same as the apartment shown in ep 23. Rather I mean that the room we saw in episode 19 (which i didn't screen cap earlier) is from inside the big lit up building.

To illustrate things more clearly:

post-9073-1221222315_thumb.jpg post-9073-1221222454_thumb.jpg

Sheryls place

post-9073-1221222379_thumb.jpg post-9073-1221222336_thumb.jpg

Where Ranka was staying when working for the goverment.

So, it is not option 3.

Thanks for the screencaps. yeah, i guess it's not 3.

but you know, we could avoid all this confusion by saying that Alto and Sheryl decided to move in together and get a new place of their own. yowza, no wonder alto's getting teased by his subordinates! :D

seeing the SDF-4 going down like that in the flash back gets me a little chocked up. alto still loves his mommy way too much. nanase's painting of ranka is a creeepy. the NUNS uniform on luca looks too big. it looks like alto and sheryl are crashing in ozma's house.

i thought that was some place else, that O's place was destroyed (based on how O and Pres's Daughter were moving around, picking up the doll, that S'cat hiding around) in Ep 22? :blink:

Anybody want to comment on when Sheryl cut her finger?

Since the V-type virus is blood-borne, I assumed she was protecting Alto by not letting him take a look at it. I don't know what they're saying here, though, so maybe someone can illuminate?

This also leads me to believe that they probably haven't, ahem, exchanged any other bodily fluids. Sheryl is too mindful of Alto's health to risk something like that.

Anybody want to comment on when Sheryl cut her finger?

Since the V-type virus is blood-borne, I assumed she was protecting Alto by not letting him take a look at it. I don't know what they're saying here, though, so maybe someone can illuminate?

This also leads me to believe that they probably haven't, ahem, exchanged any other bodily fluids. Sheryl is too mindful of Alto's health to risk something like that.

yup, that's what i supposed. alto's first instinct was to give first aid to the cut. sheryl refused, for fear of infecting alto. awwwww.. :D

some screen caps i want to share

are you hurt? let me heal you :)

t_grab6749m_26986d3.png

winner!

t_grab6965m_06f8b60.png

what food is this?

t_grab7088m_e6c75e6.png

candle-lit dinner ftw! XD

t_grab8286m_9233070.png

carry me :)

t_grab8951m_99c542a.png

don't leave me or else...

t_grab9216m_65b5a71.png

Isamu about to enter the house errr... Brera Sterne hehe XD

t_grab12098m_3d4acdb.png

darth vader eyes X_X Alto will have this too by next ep XD

t_grab12975m_909d550.png

chibi-brera to top it all XD

t_grab20567m_0f1f5ef.png

<-- obvious Sheryl fan hehe XD

Cripes (Actually someone else :lol: ) I can't wait for the subs...

what did Grace say when Ranka remembered the falling WTF-4, brere pushing her into the excape pod and then flash back to reality.... with grace looking at her (assumed etherally/ghosting/whatever). is the object inside ranka what allows grace to watch in such a fashion? is it cybernetic? obviously a fold gem is involved but what exactly?

*drools* Please... Season 2. SK, i implore you...

and do they have MF bumperstickers out? ^_^

I love minmay. while i think that's it's good that Hikaru ended up with Misa, a part of me wishes that Minmay also had her happy ending. and i think Minmay is still is Hikaru's true love, til the very end.

and i never got the impression that Minmay was depicted worse in DYRL. sure she wished everyone else was dead in a time of despair, but aside from that, whet else did she do? when she dated hikaru and fell for him, she was consistent. and she was even the one who made the move to get hikaru back. she never wavered, second-guessed or flirted. once she found out hikaru was alive, she went straight to him.

from her perspective, she went from a date with hikaru on saturn's rings to meeting him again on the macross stage. who could blame her for going after his man, since she had no idea or inkling of what happened in between.

and despite being depressed and heart-broken, all it took was a slap and a few seconds for her to sing and save humanity, and make peace with misa.

SDFM Minmay was not at all bad either. her only fault in SDFM was being a wee bit flighty and dense when it came to hikaru's feelings. but all in all, she was a fantastic girl.

it was only RT which ruined her, IMO. sadly.

so to introduce myself, "Hi, i'm dreamweaver. and i'm a minmay fan."

everyone else: "gasp"!

"Hi, my name is Aerocombatpilot, and I am a Minmay fan." I can honestly say I was not one when Robotech first aired. I could remember wondering why Rick(Hikaru) kept running behind her, especially when Lisa (Misa) became intrested in Him. It was only when I saw DYRL that I changed my mind (as a matter of fact) I even wanted Minmay to win Hikaru in the movie. When I saw an older, more mature Minmay in Flashback 2012, I was her fan whole-heartedly and still am. I think that's the reason I like Ranka so much and dislike Sheryl, because Ranka reminds me of Minmay and Sheryl is just the opposite. Maybe that's the reason why Sheryl is so popular and Ranka is so hated, because when you look at her nothing reminds you of Minmay; which (at least it seems this way to me) for most Macross fans is a good thing.

So Ranka don't be depressed, your in good company. ^_^

Returning to the much needed in-topic thread discussion...

It seemed to me that by the end of this episode Grace's fold network merged with that of the Vajra...

Ranka seemed to be trapped in the Mega-queen at the spiral in the Vajra "ring". She is now some kind of battle coordinator for the Vajra.

Brera became totally Grace's zombie.

Does this mean that from now on we will have 2 main factions fighting each other...?

a) Macross Frontier Fleet

vs

b) Vajra + Macross Galaxy

If that's so... I believe Alto and the rest are in trouble...

Maybe Ozma and the others will save Frontier in the end? :blink:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Returning to the much needed in-topic thread discussion...

It seemed to me that by the end of this episode Grace's fold network merged with that of the Vajra...

Ranka seemed to be trapped in the Mega-queen at the spiral in the Vajra "ring". She is now some kind of battle coordinator for the Vajra.

Brera became totally Grace's zombie.

Does this mean that from now on we will have 2 main factions fighting each other...?

a) Macross Frontier Fleet

vs

b) Vajra + Macross Galaxy

If that's so... I believe Alto and the rest are in trouble...

Maybe Ozma and the others will save Frontier in the end? :blink:

That much is a given but i don't think Ranka is in control of the vajra YET. They brought her there probably to try to attempt communications so alot of explosions are gonna happen 1st before she attempts to turn the vajra into good guys. Then grace being grace tries to disrupts things again by trying to brainhax the Vajra network. I would think its possible for any of Grace and Co. to control the Vajra thus nullyfying the need for an actual "queen". They just required Ranka to open this connection for them, then she'll be deemed expendable.

That's what i think.

Then grace being grace tries to disrupts things again by trying to brainhax the Vajra network. I would think its possible for any of Grace and Co. to control the Vajra thus nullyfying the need for an actual "queen". They just required Ranka to open this connection for them, then she'll be deemed expendable.

That's what i think.

Indeed. I bet they already accomplished the hacking, but still need Ranka as some type of battle coordinator/Queen for the Vajra...

I find very interesting that the hacked Vajra fold network looks like the image at the end of the new "Lion" intro... I always suspected that was important for the plot somehow... Now I understand why... ^_^