The Future of Macross - Where will it go from here??

taksraven

Sounds good. Perhaps they could add the scenes from the Playstation I game intro... It was a prequel of sorts to the DYRL movie... ^_^

And Macross Flashback 2012 should be added as the real ending (the important parts only, hehe)... B))

Boinger's More Macross Loving edit includes these scenes as part of the movie, along with a prologue using the track from Episode 1 of SDFM.

Ok then, how about this:

one of the colonization fleets has been traveling so long that its citizens are already in despair. Therefore, the government had no choice but to mindwipe and brainwash every citizen to make them believe that they're on earth all the time, so that they won't complain so much, and as a finishing touch, they add a minmei look-alike virtual idol to entertain everyone, and then....

wait, what?

oh.

never mind. :p

Ok then, how about this:

one of the colonization fleets has been traveling so long that its citizens are all dead. Therefore, the government had no choice but to turn them into zombies and make them believe that they're on earth all the time, so that they won't complain so much, and as a finishing touch, they add a minmei look-alike virtual idol to keep the zombies under control, and then....

wait, what?

oh.

There, I fixed it for you :lol:

There, I fixed it for you :lol:

uughhhh...braiinnnssss...bombaaaaa...uughhhh

:lol: wow. me likee! Macross and zombie movies, my two favorite things in one package!! best.idea.ever. :D

So that's what the V-type infection does. Quick, call STARS before someone attempts to blow up the colony ship with a Dimension Eater!

Edited by d3v

yeah! and we'll finally get to see just what the protoculture's version of "anima spiritia" looks like! :D

(i have a sudden spine-tingling feeling that it was also Basara that time.) :ph34r:

Basara's singing caused a rift in the space time continuum sending him back all those years where he helps seal away the Protodeviln. He ultimately settles in that time period and his DNA becomes the basis for humanity, in other words, we all are BOMBAAA!

Edited by d3v

Basara's singing caused a rift in the space time continuum sending him back all those years where he helps seal away the Protodeviln. He ultimately settles in that time period and his DNA becomes the basis for humanity, in other words, we all are BOMBAAA!

omg. basara is the root of all humanity.

gee, when he finally got that mountain to move, BOY DID IT MOVE! :lol:

I'd be interested in a prequel series or oav focusing on the protoculture and what lead up to the collapse(?).

I agree that would be interesting, but it wouldn't really feel like macross then. Cuz it'd have no macrosses in it... and no valkyries :mellow: The latter being the assured reason of why it'll never get made.

Ok then, how about this:

one of the colonization fleets has been traveling so long that its citizens are already in despair. Therefore, the government had no choice but to mindwipe and brainwash every citizen to make them believe that they're on earth all the time, so that they won't complain so much, and as a finishing touch, they add a minmei look-alike virtual idol to entertain everyone, and then....

wait, what?

oh.

Tell you what...you make that movie, and then I'll take it, splice in some footage from an almost forgotten, completely unrelated giant robot show, turn the hero into Hikaru's cousin, and tack on a happy ending.

It'll be GREAT!

I agree that would be interesting, but it wouldn't really feel like macross then. Cuz it'd have no macrosses in it... and no valkyries :mellow: The latter being the assured reason of why it'll never get made.

Not if it involves Basara going back in time with his Fire Valkyrie and taking on the Protodeviln back then, right before he becomes the template for all humanity.

Not if it involves Basara going back in time with his Fire Valkyrie and taking on the Protodeviln back then, right before he becomes the template for all humanity.

Somewhere during the Zentraedi holocaust

Random advisor: "Lord Bodolza, we found that the miclones are reincarnated Basara soul"

Bodolza: "What? cease fire at once, tell them we surrender"

Suddenly SDF-1 barges in and perform M3.

Edited by Morpheus

Well, I love Frontier. Its different to the originals enought o have some surprises (Maybe im alone, but i didnt see Michaels death coming...) and yeat as overtones of the original.

i dont know where to go from here, and im no fanfic writer so i wont try to guess. *

but so far Mac7 is the only Macross i didnt love from start to finish, and even then i didnt HATE the show. 1 out of 5 is a good record.

do what u gotta do Macross gods. So far Ill keep following you!

*Im afraid of the Duke, and choose not to incur is wrath at this time.

I'd be interested in a prequel series or oav focusing on the protoculture and what lead up to the collapse(?).

As VF-25 Messiah has pointed out, that wouldn't work. Above love triangles and music, there's one prime element that has always been present in every Macross series: Valkyries. And in every production aside from Zero, there's been a Macross ship of some kind. Something focusing on the Protoculture will have neither, and thus no kits to sell. It's the same with Gundam - I've seen plenty of people saying it'd be good to have an OVA about the history of UC, or the events leading up to the One Year War. But the one truth in every Gundam series is that it will always have mobile suits of some kind, and anything set too far before the OYW wouldn't have that. Because of this, I don't think we'll ever see any Macross OVAs set before around 2008 when you wouldn't have transforming Valkyries.

As VF-25 Messiah has pointed out, that wouldn't work. Above love triangles and music, there's one prime element that has always been present in every Macross series: Valkyries. And in every production aside from Zero, there's been a Macross ship of some kind. Something focusing on the Protoculture will have neither, and thus no kits to sell. It's the same with Gundam - I've seen plenty of people saying it'd be good to have an OVA about the history of UC, or the events leading up to the One Year War. But the one truth in every Gundam series is that it will always have mobile suits of some kind, and anything set too far before the OYW wouldn't have that. Because of this, I don't think we'll ever see any Macross OVAs set before around 2008 when you wouldn't have transforming Valkyries.

Meh. Who says that Protoculture can't have something similar? I siad it would be interesting, some people don't need to see that same thing over and over hehe. Then again, some do. Hell, maybe reveal why supervision army and/or protoculture ships were made to be modular. ^_^

Edited by Max Jenius

There is only ONE thing I fear about a potential "meet the Protoculture" plot line...

Namely that the protoculture end up being underwhelming.

See - I think part of what makes Macross work is that the element of mystery is very very drawn out.

What if they screwed up the Protoculture and made them cheesy and 'jut another villain' or plot point?

I think it is best to leave the Protoculture as they are - a legend.

Instead - I think we need MORE spunky cute anime girls!

How about Macross: Chicks ?

It will be about a group of fashion models who get together to form their own music group and fly Mecha in an attempt to win a weekend vacation with Nekki Bassara?

Pete

Meh. Who says that Protoculture can't have something similar? I siad it would be interesting, some people don't need to see that same thing over and over hehe. Then again, some do. Hell, maybe reveal why supervision army and/or protoculture ships were made to be modular. ^_^

Protoculture having valkyries is something I wouldn't want to see. Would take something away from them if that happened.

Modular SA ships? Sure why not.

Anyway, I'm not against the idea, but it wouldn't be Macross. Sure make the story, say it happens within the same timeline... but slap a different name on it, since it's going to be a different product anyway.

Anyway I like what Macross currently is doing, and that is looking forward, and evolving. Just my opinion though.

That could work actually. If you threw in culture somehow. It'd make for a rather stale and impersonal (not to say dull) story otherwise.

Going in a different way completely, I'd like to see a show dedicated to a Megaroad fleet. Not THE megaroad, as I think at this point it could never be done satisfactory, nor am I sure I would want even if it could be... but some other Megaroad fleet based launched somewhere between flashback and plus, perhaps the one that discovers Eden even. Show some retro valks and ships, perhaps even the Global before it was turned into the flagship of the 117th. Could work :mellow:

EDIT: pondering the ASS-1 idea further, what if say they hid on a planet where some protoculture generated species resided, who cultured them? They break off from the SA, but the Zentradi eventually find them and the planet is wiped out, forcing them to run... Would pretty much be assured to having a bad end though, as the ASS-1 will end up crashing to earth with no survivors...

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

I am always hoping for a Macross with classical music and opera singer B))

I think the only theme left untouched by now is meeting the Protoculture itself. We've got the Supervision Army covered, the human evolution intervention covered, the fold dimension covered... it's time to have something that actually moves things forward.

FV

Some thoughts:

- to move things forward, what about the enemies the Protoculture were fighting against? Before they fought themselves, the PC made the Zentradi to fight their wars but there was no mention of whom they're fighting against. Perhaps even amidst the PC civil war, their common enemy was still posing a big threat to the PC, and maybe even contributed to a huge part in the PC's downfall, or was the cause of the start of the PC civil war? That could bring out another triangle aspect of the series - 2 factions of PC vs 1 enemy.

- regarding stories about the fate of Megaroad, hopefully no. You guys can watch Robocrap for that. However, perhaps a story about Megaroad (or other colony fleets) colonizing Eden or some other planets might be interesting, but i hope that Hikaru, Misa and Minmay are background characters (if they appear).

- why not a series made in a common soldier's point of view? the regular pilot who's not such an ace, not so much of an important life-and-death-for-mankind role in the Macross universe, but still there can be lots of stories about the common soldier (something like Gundam: 08th MS team?). A singer or musician who just can't make it big.

:unsure:

- why not a series made in a common soldier's point of view? the regular pilot who's not such an ace, not so much of an important life-and-death-for-mankind role in the Macross universe, but still there can be lots of stories about the common soldier (something like Gundam: 08th MS team?). A singer or musician who just can't make it big.

:unsure:

I'm starting to think that is Alto in the grand scheme of things.

He seems like a less strong, less passionate version of Hikaru. With all the parallels Mac:F draws with the original M:SDF, we go from simple stuff like "What if Hikaru rescued Minmei from 'falling up' into vacuum rather than falling down to Macrloss City?" to "What if 'Big Brother' survived?" I think that through a combination of Alto's inner nature and the outcome of certain events, Alto hasn't had much of a chance to grow so much as Hikaru did in M:SDF. Seeing Alto in M:F vaguely reminds me of seeing Jean Luc Picard in the TNG episode "Tapestry". Certain events led to missed opportunities, which turned the most famous captain of the federation into a nobody.

Whatever the outcome of M:F, I doubt Alto will be anywhere near as prominent as Hikaru was in the history of Macross, but we shall see!

Edited by Dervish

EDIT: pondering the ASS-1 idea further, what if say they hid on a planet where some protoculture generated species resided, who cultured them? They break off from the SA, but the Zentradi eventually find them and the planet is wiped out, forcing them to run... Would pretty much be assured to having a bad end though, as the ASS-1 will end up crashing to earth with no survivors...

Or do they?

The same planet Bodolzaa demonstrated being wiped out to Hikaru, Misa and Kakizaki?

Perhaps providing the answer why flower girl was also present in 2010 as a Minmay fan.

What if they were the first to develop variable fighter technology. So far we haven't seen the Protoculture develop any VF tech.

Which would answer why a technological deadend the Orguss Valkyrie appear during the final battle of Space War 1.

to move things forward, what about the enemies the Protoculture were fighting against? Before they fought themselves, the PC made the Zentradi to fight their wars but there was no mention of whom they're fighting against. Perhaps even amidst the PC civil war, their common enemy was still posing a big threat to the PC, and maybe even contributed to a huge part in the PC's downfall, or was the cause of the start of the PC civil war? That could bring out another triangle aspect of the series - 2 factions of PC vs 1 enemy.

The PC were boasting that they were the first to develop culture.

The PC were boasting that they were the first to develop culture.

Only for THIS galaxy.

there are more than 80 billion galaxies in our known universe.

Even if we restrict the story to this galaxy alone, it's still very possible there were other intelligent civilizations who might have had shorter histories but still advanced enough to fight against the PC. And who knows if the PC were telling the truth or were accurate in their deduction that they were the first civilization? (although it doesn't really matter except for an egoistic race to boast of themselves - though the PC were obviously a very egoistic n proud race).

IMHO, its more interesting to imagine there there were indeed other contender(s) to the galactic hegemony which resulted in the PC's emphasis in technologies esp for use in warfare (e.g. Zents). :unsure:

Hell, why not make it about the ASS-1 before it crashed. Show the Supervision Army in action. You could still call it Macross. :p

That's the problem Messiah, I keep wanting to watch a different Macross show and in most cases it's the same show. :)

Make your own Macross show if you want to see a different one. :rolleyes:

Taksraven

if i may add... no singing idol pls :lol:

You should already know that no singing idols = no macross.

Just like no valks = no macross

or no love triangles = no macross

I think that these are the three main pillars of any Macross series. Not every series has to have every pillar but at least two should be there.

Taksraven