What is Grace doing?

sucker4meltrans

Since the show has given us no real indication what Macross Galaxy and Grace and Co are up to. I want a thread with short simple ideas of what they are up to. I know there is a plot theroy thread but i don't want and theroycraft here just short simple things. no talk about shipping, or what hippocow ice cream taste like. I just want to know what you think they are trying to do.

And I can say for sure that her hopes and dreams get bigger with time.

Don't delude yourselves thats Despair and Nightmares she is holding as opposed to Sheryl's Hopes and Dreams.

Though back to the original topic the thread starter meant.

I think Grace's motivations will be indirectly explained once Alto speaks again with Mr. Bilrer.

Edited by RedWolf

d3v: Well, Dragonauts is a quite recent anime, which is famous for its excess use of fanservice, which of course including big boobs female characters. (Yeah, more than one. In fact, I think all of its female character has bust size that can make Nanase looks normal. :p) Edited by Sulendil Ang

Since the show has given us no real indication what Macross Galaxy and Grace and Co are up to. I want a thread with short simple ideas of what they are up to. I know there is a plot theroy thread but i don't want and theroycraft here just short simple things. no talk about shipping, or what hippocow ice cream taste like. I just want to know what you think they are trying to do.

All kidding aside....are you kidding?

The Vajra seem to naturally (or at the very least, biologically) create "fold quartz", which allows folding and communication even in regions of space where there are fold disruptions which prevent or slow down folding, and disrupt communications. So, it has been clearly established that this "fold quartz" is a valuable commodity, and as far as anyone knows the Vajra are the only source of it.

Grace, and her mysterious co-conspirators, are manufacturing a war against the Vajra. Making it appear to the Frontier fleet, and the rest of the New U.N. Spacey that the Vajra are attacking without provocation, and that they cannot be reasoned with.

It has also been strongly suggested that the Vajra are not as they appear to be, and that it may be possible to communicate with them after all.

Unless there's a curveball yet to be thrown regarding Grace and co.'s goals, it would appear they are attempting to set up an irreconcilable divide between humans and Vajra, where humanity perceives the Vajra to be nothing more than unreasonable monsters, bent on humanity's destruction.

Hunting down another intelligent race purely to kill them as a resource brings to mind words like "genocide" and "monstrous". On the other hand, who would argue against killing fearsome space monsters who would otherwise just try and kill you first?

That's what's been indicated so far, at least.

Grace was caught up in the moment! When she sensed her "fanboys" watching her in that skin tight flightsuit, she decided to do to herself what we would want to do! Only problem is she's anime and we're real! (Dang, reality can stink sometimes!)

<_<

Only problem with that theory is that that scene is what created her "fanboys". (well...except me)

B))

Obviously she was just taking care of some chaffing.

Am I also the only one that finds it amusing that she still sports the glasses? Still. Got to please the megane-ko fans now that Nanase's possibly going monocle.

What is Grace doing? Can't you see? :p

FV

:lol:

xptoya.gif

:ph34r:

With comments like the one below and even my own above, I see that Azrael's predicition about Grace gaining some fanboys just cam true. :lol:

In this scene Grace shows us that she too has hopes and dreams! And let me say those are very nice hopes and dreams!

Grace was caught up in the moment! When she sensed her "fanboys" watching her in that skin tight flightsuit, she decided to do to herself what we would want to do! Only problem is she's anime and we're real! (Dang, reality can stink sometimes!)

<_<

Well, that's cetrainly ONE thing she's doing (and doing quite well, I might add...lots of practice...?).

As for everything else she's doing, I council patience. WAFO.

And I can say for sure that her hopes and dreams get bigger with time.

Giving Nanase a run for her money!

All kidding aside......

@sucker4meltrans: It could well be that Grace wants to control the Vajra for the purpose tha her and Galaxy Anonymours becoming the supreme ruler of the universe, I guess. :mellow:

Edited by grss1982

I'm still amused by the idea that it was one of Graces other personas copping a feel while Grace (dominant) was exhorting her success.

Because I like the idea that when they find out what she was aiming for,we might get to see a scene where Grace strangles herself :3

Edited by s-girl

Errr... Last time I check, this thread is about Grace's plan, not Grace's boobs...

Back to topic: I think the problem of deducing Grace's plan is that we knows so little of Grace and her plan. We know that it involves conflicts between Vajra and Frontier, and she wished that Macross Frontier to reach Vajra homeland safely, judging from her comment about Vajra can't takes down Frontier yet in the recent episodes.

We also knows she wants to use Sherly and Ranka for unknown means (yes, we know Ranka can control Vajra with her song, but why she even wanted to use the ability at the first place?), that she is one of the members who, together with Mao and Ranshe, are trying to research about the V-type infection. She has a partnership with Leon, although I think the partnership only started when Grace and Leon's "date" on episode 10.

So here's the problem: what's the ultimate objective of Grace's plan? To eliminate Vajra? But why she wanted to do so? And how Galaxy is related to her plans, if such connection exists? I hope Episode 23 will at least answer some of our questions, since we knows too little about this 'queen b*tch of the galaxy'. (no pun intended)

I'm still amused by the idea that it was one of Graces other personas copping a feel while Grace (dominant) was exhorting her success.

Because I like the idea that when they find out what she was aiming for,we might get to see a scene where Grace strangles herself :3

Lol!! :lol: I'm betting it was the old man. Hijacked control of the arms while she herself was too busy to notice.... ^_^ ;;

Errr... Last time I check, this thread is about Grace's plan, not Grace's boobs..

Could've fooled me. Oh fandom, how I love to loath you. :wacko:

All that's apparent is that her goals are not exactly Leon's. Control of the Vajra is part of it. Now that we know a side affect of the v-virus (essentially making Sheryl similar to the queen), it explains the blood sample switches.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Could've fooled me. Oh fandom, how I love to loath you. :wacko:

All that's apparent is that her goals are not exactly Leon's.

I partially disagree. I think at least some of her objectives are in lines with Leon's ambitions, or Leon wouldn't have interested to work together with her. Conspirators must have somethings to hold them together. Seen your updated post. Yeah, gaining control of Vajra is one of their objectives, and I have a deep suspicion that Grace would likes Leon to sit on President's chair.

Which bring me to this question: why Grace wanted a shift of power in UNG political structure? How does replacing Leon with Howard will benefit her plans? Another mystery of Grace and co.

Edited by Sulendil Ang

Hence why I said "not exactly". Of course there's a common tie. Fold quartz seems to be part of it. It's the end goal that's different.

Yeah, at least three people in Frontier who are interested with fold quartz. Grace, who wants Vajra-Frontier conflicts, Leo, who wants to be President, and Bilrer who I'm not going to guess his motive until at least the next episode.

Yeah, at least three people in Frontier who are interested with fold quartz. Grace, who wants Vajra-Frontier conflicts, Leo, who wants to be President, and Bilrer who I'm not going to guess his motive until at least the next episode.

Well Bilrer already said the key to them was whomever controlled them could conceivably conquer the Galaxy the fair and legal way. It's all in who he's supporting.Obviously he set up the SMS for a reason. Leon suggests than them rebelling was part of the plan.Whether it was part of Bilrer's remains to be seen.