25th Anniversary G.I. Joes, Wave II

Mog

if I had to guess, Alpine...or maybe they changed Ripcords ethnicity like they did in the live action movie

You won't see none of that in Resolute.

I don't know shin, I think after this last episode that might be Ripcord. Can't be outside the realm of possibility considering they changed Dial Tone into a girl.

I don't know shin, I think after this last episode that might be Ripcord. Can't be outside the realm of possibility considering they changed Dial Tone into a girl.
You're right it is Ripcord. Nonetheless, the changes from RAH in Resolute are not as extreme as the ones from RAH in the movie.

Despite that, both Resolute and the movie, despite being based on RAH, are all new continuities so nothing neccessarily has to stay the same as RAH.

Interesting that Zartan is still the guy that kills him. Wonder if he's as ninja-ish as he was in Marvel.

Did storm shadow have his uncle killed in the original cartoon and comics I don't remember a origin story for snake eyes in the original cartoon?

I don't remember them giving him an origin in the cartoon

In the comic, Snake Eyes had surpassed Storm Shadow in the use of the sword, but Storm Shadow was extremely gifted with the Bow and Arrow.

They depicted him shooting an arrow and hitting a target in the bullseye and continuing through a wall and hitting a squirrel that was on the other side.

They used this example of Storm Shadow's disregard for life as starting to drive a rift between him and Snake Eyes.

The hard master was killed by an arrow while he was imitating Snake Eye's breathing pattern during a demonstration of the blind sword technique.

At first we're led to believe it was Storm Shadow, because he was the only one gifted enough with the bow to accomplish that.

We find out later on that it was Zartan using a technology assisted compound bow & disguised as Storm Shadow who actually killed the Hard Master.

Storm Shadow joined Cobra so that he could infiltrate their ranks to hopefully find out the identity of his Uncle's assassin.

Edited by chowyunskinny

I don't remember them giving him an origin in the cartoon

In the comic, Snake Eyes had surpassed Storm Shadow in the use of the sword, but Storm Shadow was extremely gifted with the Bow and Arrow.

They depicted him shooting an arrow and hitting a target in the bullseye and continuing through a wall and hitting a squirrel that was on the other side.

They used this example of Storm Shadow's disregard for life as starting to drive a rift between him and Snake Eyes.

The hard master was killed by an arrow while he was imitating Snake Eye's breathing pattern during a demonstration of the blind sword technique.

At first we're led to believe it was Storm Shadow, because he was the only one gifted enough with the bow to accomplish that.

We find out later on that it was Zartan using a technology assisted compound bow & disguised as Storm Shadow who actually killed the Hard Master.

Storm Shadow joined Cobra so that he could infiltrate their ranks to hopefully find out the identity of his Uncle's assassin.

Thanks.

I wonder if they might reshow the cartoon on Cartoon Network.

Edited by miles316

Thanks.

Considering the webisodes are on the Adult Swim website, it's almost guaranteed. I'm actually hoping for a nice cheap DVD release. After all, it's only 60 minutes.

In the comic...
Cool. Thanks for the recap. I'd forgotten some of the details. Edited by RD Blade

Thanks.

12AM Saturday which is Friday night. 1 hour special. Though some say it will show at 9PM Friday too, I'm not sure. The finale will be shown for the first time, the last 10 minutes of the special.

We have the 8th episode up over at HissTANK, available for streaming.

The ninjas have a final duel....

WOW, I am definitely loving Resolute. Episode 8 was the best yet. I have no complaints about this show at all. Now I just want to find some of the Resolute figures besides Duke, Cobra Commander, and troopers.

Just watched Web Episodes 4 to 8. :)

My thoughts.....

* Its totally cool to be laughing maniacally while shooting people in the back? :huh: Man THIS IS NOT YOUR DADDY'S G.I. JOE!!!! :ph34r:

* 4 Joes Die in Web Episode 7. :(

* Storm Shadow vs. Snake Eyes was AWESOME!!! :ph34r:

Yes, SS and SE were an awesome duo in those old Marvel comics.

But for a minute there in episode 8, I was half-expecting SE to pull the "I'm a good guy; I'm gonna come this close to killing you. But I'm just gonna walk away and not deliver the killing blow" bit.

I'll have to rewatch the episode again, but we can't be certain that those four or so Joes died. Tunnel Rat's crew were all wearing parachutes, so there's a possibility they survived the fall (granted they're 20 miles up, but still). As for the other two big-name Joes, we never see them actually get blown up.

Has anyone seen the Sky Hawk/Water Moccasin wave of vehicles in the stores yet? I haven't seen one, now the shelves are flooded with Firebats and AWE Strikers.

Back in Nov-Dec. 2008. I've yet to see anymore since. I have come across a Fang/Claw pack last week. I thought I would never see them in a store again, so you never know. They are an elusive bunch. I really wonder if it's just that people snatch them up so quickly, or that they are simply not being stocked on the shelves anymore.

Did Storm Shadow brain explode out back of his head? If so how could he still talk before dying?

No that was not his brains it was the back of his hood being blown off like the back of his rob when Snake eyes hit him with the Karate from H**l.

Has anyone seen the Sky Hawk/Water Moccasin wave of vehicles in the stores yet? I haven't seen one, now the shelves are flooded with Firebats and AWE Strikers.

I saw these at retail once, back in early Jan and picked 'em up. Never seen 'em again.

All the fans that love Resolute after episode 8 are whining after episode 9.

Fans of Zartan are mad that he was killed. Fans of the Snake Eyes & Scarlett are pissed that she picked Duke and the the Cobra Troopers didn't shot Duke in the heart. I can think a good reason why Duke is the better man.

In Resolute Snake Eyes took a bullet to the throat. His face wasn't burned off. So why the mask? He must be as ugly a swollen baboon's butt.

Cool, this is the first time I was glad to see a parachute in a GI Joe Cartoon.

Those people that complain about characters dying don't realize that it's what makes a story good. Zartan had a better scene in this show than in any past cartoons.

The one thing I don't like are the faces... and maybe the Destro design, but I'm not complaining... rather have that than a crappy G rated cartoon. This kinda brings back that feeling of watching the first mini-series as a kid, without being treated as a kid. Still won't buy the toys though... I wish I can afford the Medicom ones.

Okay, I love the Snake Eyes and Scarlett pairing. (The comics were always so much cooler than the cartoon.)

But what I found even more annoying than that is this:

• Duke and Scarlett are literally surrounded by Cobra Troopers;
  • Were only armed with sidearms at that point;
  • AND THEY STILL MANAGED TO WIPE OUT A WHOLE SQUAD OF HIGHLY SKILLED, WELL-ARMED TERRORISTS?!!
W...T...F? :angry:

Scarlett walks away pretty much unscathed. And Duke only suffers a gut-shot wound. <_<

That was arguably the worst action sequence of this entire series so far.

At least with the other fights, they were semi-believeable. Snake Eyes uses divide-and-conquer and sneak attacks to whittle down his enemies to a manageable number. Roadblock, Gung-Ho, Stalker, and Beachhead used a two-pronged, misdirection operation to get the job done. Even Duke and Scarlett's first skirmish was smart in that they used a blown steam pipe to get some adequate cover and change the momentum of their fight.

But that last little we're-surrounded-but-every-shot-we-fire-kills-every-one-of-them-while-our-enemies-can't shoot-the-side-of-a-barn "shootout"? That was just crappy.

• Duke and Scarlett are literally surrounded by Cobra Troopers;
  • Were only armed with sidearms at that point;
  • AND THEY STILL MANAGED TO WIPE OUT A WHOLE SQUAD OF HIGHLY SKILLED, WELL-ARMED TERRORISTS?!!
Geeee Eyeeeee - Joooeeeee! :D

Corrected

You forgot to mention that they survived a direct hit from Zartan's rocket/grenade.

Edited by sharky

As good as this has been I can forgive the Duke/Scarlet shootout as simply being something to move the story forward. I have to admit that I didn't have a problem with it when I orginally watched it, as a matter of fact I thought "WOW, This is the Duke I always wanted as a kid."

I simply can't wait to get this on DVD and watch it start to finish uninterrupted.

Umm it is a cartoon. How is it different from any other cartoon? How is it different from any other pop corn action movie? How are Snake Eyes fights even semi-believable and Dukes/Scarlett not? Snake Eyes about 50 feet away from a Cobra Trooper starts running at him with sword. The Troopers (it happen twice) has Snake Eyes running straight at him. They fire and miss. Is that semi-believable? Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow have an anime style super fight is the that semi-believable? No one is bitching about that.

You're all a bunch of whiney little girls.

Hmm.. I know nothing about military operations, but since all the joes including the leaders are spread out in various missions, shouldn't there be at least someone at headquarter overseeing everything? In other words, where the heck is Hawk?

My guess is that Flint in charge while Scarlett's breaking Snake Eye's heart with Duke.

This is as it should be. She is best with Duke, whoever heard of a hard-a$$ ninja guy who is all sulky and quiet like (regardless of why is quiet) with a girl friend???

Resolute is the best G.I.Joe cartoon ever.

You're all a bunch of whiney little girls.

Thanks! ;):D

Honestly, if it was SE who was surrounded like that, I probably would've bitched about that too.

Just to clarify, I did like the begining of Duke and Scarlett's mission. It's just that I would have preferred a different way for the endgame to have gone down. Maybe have Duke act as bait, draw the enemy's fire, and slide into those barrels. The troopers surround his position. Scarlett pops up from somewhere else and starts sniping them off from above. Once the troopers realize what's going on and start firing at Scarlett's position, Duke pops out from his spot and starts taking out the remaining troops (while their attention and fire is focused on Scarlett).

A little more strategy; that's all I would have asked for in that scene.

Regarding your comments Stram8777: In the comics, SE and Scarlett were on an early Joe mission when their chopper got hit. Scarlett got trapped somehow as the chopper was going down and ordered everyone to leave her and bail out of the chopper. SE, of course, ignored that and worked to get her loose.

And for his trouble, a gas line or something else blew up and burned his face. They manage to both get out of the chopper, but SE is horribly scarred and his voicebox is damaged. Despite all this, SE denies medical treatment and tells his fellow Joes that he wants to continue and complete the mission.

Heroic sh*t like this is probably why the comics version of Scarlett chose SE.

That and the whole "His parents and only sister were killed by a drunk driver, while on the way to pick him up after his tour in Vietnam was up" bit and the "My adopted uncle was killed by my best friend, who I think was trying to kill me instead" bit probably made her more sympathetic to him.

Chicks dig that whole tragic life stuff. :p

And for his trouble, a gas line or something else blew up and burned his face. They manage to both get out of the chopper, but SE is horribly scarred and his voicebox is damaged. Despite all this, SE denies medical treatment and tells his fellow Joes that he wants to continue and complete the mission.
Well that and the windows blew up, severing his vocal cords in the process. When he emerged from the wreckage with Scarlett in his arms, he was trying to scream, but no sound came from his mouth.

Also he and Scarlett were already close before that whole mission occurred.