25th Anniversary G.I. Joes, Wave II

Mog

So, what did everyone think of the ending to Resolute?

I thought it was solid, and they certainly left the door ever so open for a potential follow-up series.

It's definitely an improvement over the old Sunbow cartoons. But there were some bits and story choices made that I didn't completely agree with.

One minor question though: I thought Wild Bill was supposed to be the one piloting the craft that dropped off and picked up Duke and Scarlett. So, why the heck was "Ripcord*" the guy that became the defacto pilot of that pickup craft?

Damn live-action movie tie-in crap! <_<

One other thing that surprised me is that credits really only listed four voice actors for all of the major parts (unless you count

"some famous actor's"

voice cameo as Snake Eyes :ph34r: ...... :p ).

I thought Resolute was awesome. I liked GI Joe back in the day, but never really followed it after. Also, Snake Eyes is uber bad-ass in Resolute. That scene where he takes over the island is sweet. I will have to buy the Snake Eyes figure after he comes out. Maybe a Scarlett too because she was pretty cool in the show, but only if they do a good job with the head sculpt.

I thought it was abrupt. I enjoyed most of the series. Snake Eyes shouldn't have been able to take out a row of Cobra Troopers that easily in the end. The 1st one I can see him destroying, but the others should have been more of a challenge.

I really wish we could have seen Cobra Commander actually fight the joes.

One minor question though: I thought Wild Bill was supposed to be the one piloting the craft that dropped off and picked up Duke and Scarlett. So, why the heck was "Ripcord*" the guy that became the defacto pilot of that pickup craft?
I think he just arranged for the transport, instead of planning to fly it.

I thought it was abrupt. I enjoyed most of the series. Snake Eyes shouldn't have been able to take out a row of Cobra Troopers that easily in the end. The 1st one I can see him destroying, but the others should have been more of a challenge.

I really wish we could have seen Cobra Commander actually fight the joes.

Well, stupid me for not finding this thread sooner. One thing I wish Resolute had were the wonder twins Tomax and Xamot. They definitely deserve to fight and die in a modern interpretation.

I wonder how their fight would play out!

The they can feel the others pain.

I just rechecked the end of episode 3, and Wild Bill definitely said, "...And then I guess I'm flying the pair of you to Siberia."

Considering he was the only primary pilot in that Joe line-up, it would make sense for Wild Bill to be the pilot of the transport and not "Ripcord*", the HALO jumper. I got nothing against "Ripcord*" tagging along for the mission (It's logical that he would be helping Duke and Scarlett out with the glider/parachute equipment, as its his specialty.).

But it kinda bugged me that the so-called "Ripcord*" became the defacto pilot and lead of the transport at the expense of Wild Bill.

Especially after they ended episode 3 with that above line from ol' Bill.

Did anyone notice the young female communications officer on the USS Flagg was named Dial Tone. Is this a case of Boomer/Starbuck gender re-assignment ^_^ ?

Edited by gerwalk25

I thought Resolute was great. A Matrix-like take on Real American Heroes for this generation. Which pretty much meant a lot of death and violence that I thought Hasbro would never have allowed for on of their oldest toy lines. I was definitely impressed and hope it continues as a series soon and not toned downed.

The only thing I disliked was the voice actors for Storm Shadow and hard master, I mean come on, were those suppose to sound like Japanese accents at all?

My interpretation was that it was a fake town that Cobra set up.

Yeah, at first I was thinking they secretly set-up shop in various locations around the town. I thought otherwise after the Joe team blew up the entire town. :blink: I guess that was the logic with calling the town Springfield, since many Springfield's exist in the US. It just seems very implausible that Cobra could actually set up an entire town like that without arousing suspicion from some authority somewhere.

Well yeah, but how could an organization like Cobra even exist in secrecy anyway? Where could they hide that they could have a factory to produce all their specialized vehicles and equipment? :lol:
In Resolute they actually mention something about not knowing where Cobra's tech comes from...something I've always wondered.

Amway. They get all their sh*t from Amway. :p

BTW, the updated HISS tanks looked pretty cool. Glad they updated the clear glass canopy into something a little more armored and fortified.

Especially after they ended episode 3 with that above line from ol' Bill.

Just watched it in it's entirety last night and I'm pretty sure there's a shot with Wild Bill in the cockpit right before they jump to the cargo hold with Duke and Scarlett suiting up for the jump.

But then after the core is activated and the Hypersonic transport comes, he's no where to be found.

Just watched it in it's entirety last night and I'm pretty sure there's a shot with Wild Bill in the cockpit right before they jump to the cargo hold with Duke and Scarlett suiting up for the jump.

But then after the core is activated and the Hypersonic transport comes, he's no where to be found.

Yeah, it's crazy. When they fly into Siberia, you see Wild Bill and a copilot, while Ripcord and Airborne are helping Duke and Scarlett get geared. When they pull Duke and Scarlett back up, there only seem to be one or two people left on the plane.

Another nefarious Cobra plot? :ph34r:

Ok, I had a couple problems with resolute. I watched it all, and I had a big problem with Zartan and Storm Shadow. I don't want to wreck it for anyone who hasn't seen it, but those who have no what I mean. I also had a problem with Flint resembling a really stupid Keanu Reeves, as well as Destro and Baroness being reduced to little more than comic relief. Overall, it was enjoyable. Does anyone know if they plan on making anymore episodes, or figures for that matter?

Does anyone know if they plan on making anymore episodes, or figures for that matter?
No word on future episodes. We have images up on our frontpage of Resolute figures that were slated to be released in waves 14 and 15. Since all of these made it as far as to having molds tooled up, and some were packaged, I think we might see some in the future, but at this point, I don't know. I really, really hope we get these though.

No word on future episodes. We have images up on our frontpage of Resolute figures that were slated to be released in waves 14 and 15. Since all of these made it as far as to having molds tooled up, and some were packaged, I think we might see some in the future, but at this point, I don't know. I really, really hope we get these though.

Well, I did notice V2 Firefly looks just like Resolute Firefly, I don't know why the hell they would make Duke and not Snake eyes. Lame. Although I just got back from the store and found all the Resolute stuff. I missed out on the 25th except for a couple figs and vehicles, and there's too much to go back and get now, so I'm just going to stick with Resolute only. I ended up buying the comic packs (The joes rock, but Destro and SS suck!), CC, 5 cobra troops, Duke, and 3 Resolute packs. It was a nice touch having the red troops in the cartoon though, now I don't just think they're lame repaints. Not to hot on the BAT though, I liked the original more. Not bad though. I don't suppose anyone here can hook me up with a V2 Firefly at less than ebay costs?

Oh yeah, and please let them make a resolute HISS, that looked awesome!

Edited by Excillon

The joes rock, but Destro and SS suck!)
I don't mind Destro at all, and in fact, I like that Storm Shadow a great deal. I gave him the sword/scabbard from Snake Eyes(the one in the wave 6 training comic pack), and the figure has great range of motion, very fun to tinker with, and is the first 3-3/4" "armored" SS out there. Reminds me of Joe Musashi from Shinobi.

Well, I did notice V2 Firefly looks just like Resolute Firefly

The Firefly you mention is actually the movie Firefly, exclusive to TRU, unless you were looking at the comic pack, or Hall of Heroes version. The movie version is the closest to Resolute, just needs a brown vest instead of black.

I don't know why the hell they would make Duke and not Snake eyes.
They did make Snake Eyes, we had it on our frontpage on Saturday morning, the question is whether it will be released or not.

I don't mind Destro at all, and in fact, I like that Storm Shadow a great deal. I gave him the sword/scabbard from Snake Eyes(the one in the wave 6 training comic pack), and the figure has great range of motion, very fun to tinker with, and is the first 3-3/4" "armored" SS out there. Reminds me of Joe Musashi from Shinobi.

The Firefly you mention is actually the movie Firefly, exclusive to TRU, unless you were looking at the comic pack, or Hall of Heroes version. The movie version is the closest to Resolute, just needs a brown vest instead of black.They did make Snake Eyes, we had it on our frontpage on Saturday morning, the question is whether it will be released or not.

I'm REALLY hoping Snake Eyes gets released. Hell, out of all the GI Joe stuff out there, I'd buy him and I haven't bought a Joe fig in 10 years (w/ the exception of Matt Trakker b/c he's a MASK fig). The Ebay fig sold for $304. All the figs look finished (like they came from molds), so I'd wager they'll get released even if they get pushed back b/c of the movie or something. I've seen it happen in the Transformers universe with some of their figs.

They did make Snake Eyes, we had it on our frontpage on Saturday morning, the question is whether it will be released or not.

I'd be more surprised, if it isn't. Looks like the unreleased Resolute stuff is going to be coming out in the movie line. Might end up being part of a store exlusive, though. The same way Resolute Gungho is being packaged with a Copperhead repaint as a wal-mart exclusive in a movie labeled two pack.

Edited by Greyryder

I'd be more surprised, if it isn't. Looks like the unreleased Resolute stuff is going to be coming out in the movie line. Might end up being part of a store exlusive, though. The same way Resolute Gungho is being packaged with a Copperhead repaint as a wal-mart exclusive in a movie labeled two pack.

As long as Snake Eyes comes out, it doesn't matter to me if Walmart wants to make it a store exclusive. ^_^

Amway. They get all their sh*t from Amway. :p

BTW, the updated HISS tanks looked pretty cool. Glad they updated the clear glass canopy into something a little more armored and fortified.

I am not kidding when I "say" this...

In the Joe-verse one of Cobra's legit fronts is called "ARBCO" and it is infact the Joe-verse's version of "AmWay".

Gosh, I really hate those accelerator suits. The mere concept of them in a GI Joe movie is stupid in my opinion, and it makes the whole film more like a superhero movie than a military one.

What's the point of having Snake-Eyes if everyone can move like him?

Edited by Ivan