25th Anniversary G.I. Joes, Wave II

Mog

I was at my local KB Toys since they are going out of business they are offering various percentages off their prices. I saw these GI-Joe figures on a minimal card. It was not the full size card you normally see. Most of the figures did not even have any accessories. They looked more like the older Joes before they started to make these newer ones. They looked pretty lame and they were like 2 for $4.98 or something.

Those are the Venom Vs Valor figures, without any accessories. Dollar General/Family Dollar stores had them with their accessories/weapons for just $2 a few years ago. With their gear they were a great bargain and decent toys, without? No.

Distribution is convoluted mess.

Waves are skipped in some areas. Some arrive in some areas two months after they do everywhere else. A state in the middle of know where will get them a month before everyone else. States along both coast will get things last. You'll find people complaining about never finding a certain hfigure and someone else saying the same figure is clogging the pegs in theirs.

Quick Matt Trakker review:

Everything's great except the color. Has "Starscream syndrome", in that instead of being distinctly light GREY, he's off-white. The card-art is perfect---light grey. But the actual figure is "Yamato valk-white". Ends up looking even more like Ace than the mold already does.

If he was actually GREY, he'd look more unique, more accurate to the original, overall better, and the red accents wouldn't make him look so "medical".

Here's a great pic of the original Matt Trakker fig: http://www.albertpenello.com/mask/trakker_thunderhawk.jpg

I'm sooo passing on that Matt Trakker figure. Remind me how he was in G.I. Joe again? If they were gonna make M.A.S.K figures, they might as well make the vehicles too with them. What's next? Miles Mayhem for cobra? He's a Venom! <_<:p

I keep missing Blowtorch. I passed on croc master and wraith a few weeks back and have yet to see them again.

I was able to score the 5th dvd pack last week. I need to go back and pick up the rise serpentor arise dvd set.

There are way too many toys to buy this month.

The walmart near my work place has several BATS. I seems that wal mart put out another endcap(not in the action figure aisle) of the older joe figs and it has flash, firefly, flint, barbecue, bats, stalker, etc.

Not really a 25th question...but has anyone else preordered the Sideshow figures? I have all three on preorder, and I'm wondering when they're gonna show up. Also, is anyone else as tempted as me to take Cobra Commanders trenchcoat and put it on Snake eyes?

If anybody in the San Diego is looking for the latest TRU 3 Packs (Air Command, Sea Command, Iron Grenadiers) or the 5 packs (Firefly vs. Greenshirts and Crimson Guards), head down to the TRU on Morena.

They have TONS of them. There's a bin full of the 3 packs right when you walk in. The rest are on the regular aisle.

Also, it looks like the Target on Convoy put out all their Rattlers. I counted at least 6 on the top shelves. The Ultimate Battle Pack was down to 54.99 at this Target.

I finally found a Sky/Ghost Hawk at my local Walmart here in the Atlanta area. I swear this is the last place in the US to get anything. As usual they only had 1 of each item out on the shelves at any given time. They had the Ghost Hawk, Water Moccasin(now called Sting Raider), Firebat, and SHARC.

It's interesting how different items will be scarce in different areas. I quite often see Rattlers at any given Target in my area. It is also interesting to note that one Target will have tons of stock while another will be almost completely void of Joe merchandise.

I'm just waiting patiently to see what the stores will start putting on sale now that the holidays are over. I have my eye on some of those 3-packs at Toys R Us like the air or sea command sets.

I'm "watching" my local Target as well for clearance prices on the Rattlers and Conquests. I may pick up one or two more, depending on price. I also still need the UBP - but it's still regular price here.

As for the TRU command 3-packs, they were on sale during a weekend in Dec for $8.99 each ... check hisstank.com for when another sale might happen.

I found this cool Navy SEAL dune buggy at Target. Some sort of a new line of toys officially endorsed by the military. My box had "Officially Authorized by the US Navy" They also had figures for the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines. The figures looked OK, but the head sculpt left much to be desired. I was just looking for something for my GI-Joes. I was going to by the Elite Operations one from Big Lots, but this one seemed much nicer.

I paid $14.99, or at least that's what the little sticker on the shelf read. You see, the check-out clerk couldn't get it to ring up. She asked me what the price was, and I told her what the sticker had on it. I assume it's correct. The thing is the figures were around $8, so now I am second guessing myself.

Freedom Ops Netowrk

http://www.freedomopsnet.com/#/Home

Some nice details are that the tires are rubber and the rope on the front is actual string. It didn't come with any instructions, but I've seen photos of the real thing and the website has detail as well.

I wish there was a way to secure the bullet belt to the front canon. The strapping just lays in loosely. The ammo box needs to have some sort of a peg to secure it as well. Ditto for the gas cans and other ammo box. The rear machine gun fits in so tightly that you cannot rotate from left to right. You can only rotate up and down. The other guns fit snugly yet can rotate freely.

The paint job seems nice. There is weathering on just about everything including the seats and guns.

The Joes I put in seem to fit reasonably well considering it is not designed for the Joes. The actual figures for this toy line seem a bit too large IMO.

Overall it is a very nice toy for the price. I wonder how it compares to the BBI Elite Forces or other higher end SEAL dune buggy toys?

post-690-1231472874_thumb.jpg post-690-1231472888_thumb.jpg post-690-1231472902_thumb.jpg

post-690-1231472907_thumb.jpg post-690-1231472912_thumb.jpg post-690-1231472926_thumb.jpg

post-690-1231472929_thumb.jpg post-690-1231472933_thumb.jpg post-690-1231472948_thumb.jpg

post-690-1231472951_thumb.jpg post-690-1231472955_thumb.jpg

Edited by sharky

Found wave 12 today at Target!!! Got 3 Cobra divers .... WooHoo!!!

^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Still no signs of the Skyhawk, Water Moccasin, or Resolute Comic Packs (that have Tunnel Rat and Shockwave).

@Mog: I have a MOC Airborne for ya if you're still willing to trade your Skyhawk - please send me a PM.

WOOT! Finally found a Skyhawk!

Okay, I am totally modifying this thing's cockpit. No pedals, nothing to even hint at a throttle control, and the (outdated) center stick is angled too far forward for any figure to actually reach.

Now, I just need to find a CORPS Skyraptor, modify its canopy, and I'm set.

"It's Fumbles; it was always Fumbles." :lol:

Two posters over at HissTank.com already did customs of this Supreme Agent of Snipe.

@Mog: I have a MOC Airborne for ya if you're still willing to trade your Skyhawk - please send me a PM.

PM'd ya back, Vermillion21. ;)

Schweet, I'll get to fully gear up my custom Crazylegs soon. B))

EDIT: Edited for grammur n' stuff.

Edited by Mog

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that's supposed to be Wave 12, the repaint wave with the Cobra Diver and a couple other repainted/reused figures. I've seen them out for a month or two now (The troopers, that is. Never the Divers.).

Rise of Cobra heads up!

Also I finally found a Ninja Viper recently(only one left in the store, bear in mind I rarely see waves 11+), and was surprised at how well it turned out. Makes me want the originally planned wave 12 Storm Shadow & accurate v2 Storm Shadow even more. Hasbro has all the neccessary parts for an accurate V2 Storm Shadow, using the Ninja Viper mold, all it needs is an accurate belt!