25th Anniversary G.I. Joes, Wave II

Mog

Just saw the first two installments.

NICE! B))

The body-count's already gone up in just these first few segments (and not just throw-away folks either :huh: ).

Not sure I dig the possible love-triangle they're alluding to here, but we'll see how the story develops.

Should be a fun ride!!

in the comic, Snake Eyes lost his ability to talk after saving her Ginger ass

:lol: Yup, dude gets his face burned and voice frakked. And the bitch up and ditches him to hang out with the higher-ranking first sergeant. Add in the fact that, in the comics, both his real family and his adopted ninja family are dead, and it's no wonder they call him Snake Eyes! :p

Just FYI, someone leaked Episode 3 out on YouTube. So, I pretty much figured out who every Joe was at the meeting, except the black dude standing next to Covergirl, Tunnel Rat, and Shipwreck. Who is that guy? :unsure:

^^Maybe it's Iceberg! Or the Fridge on Atkins! :lol:

Just can't picture ol' Albert Pine without his trademark moustache and googles.

Also, it's amazing how adding one undershirt can reduce the gayness of Gung-Ho's look by about...oh....1000 percent.

Just FYI, someone leaked Episode 3 out on YouTube. So, I pretty much figured out who every Joe was at the meeting, except the black dude standing next to Covergirl, Tunnel Rat, and Shipwreck. Who is that guy?
Someone thought Barack Obama but others are thinking it's Hard Ball, that's who I thought it was.

if I had to guess, Alpine...or maybe they changed Ripcords ethnicity like they did in the live action movie

You won't see none of that in Resolute.

The Flag looked dorky hope they don't have it in the movie.

Movie, comic, ARAH, and Resolute continuity are all different. The one G.I. Joe media that Resolute shares the most with is surprisingly the G.I. Joe Origins comic book, a series that is still going by IDW.

Wow... just saw the first 3 episodes. This is definitely for the fans who grew up with G I Joe and what Sigma Six should have been. No bullshit and no stupid battle cry. Let's hope the live action movie won't disappoint us.

The HOH and 5 pack version is much better. Chrome faceplate, goggles molded to the helmet and don't fall off, and corrected hands.

That would have been a great Army Builder otherwise. :(

What's HOH?

Someone thought Barack Obama but others are thinking it's Hard Ball, that's who I thought it was.

Thanks for the input! After looking at the filecard online, I can see the similarities between the unnamed guy in Resolute and Hard Ball.

About the only weak link I can see with that line-up we saw is that they're lacking a communications guy (like Breaker, Dial Tone, or maybe even, Mainframe).

Any other areas or skillsets lacking with that current Joe line-up?

What's HOH?

Hall of Heroes.

Basically, the GI Joe re-release/premium/collector line. Nicer packaging. More accessories and weapons. Maybe a few extra tweaks and improvements to the original 25th Anniversary figure releases. And a little bit more pricey (around US$9 or $10). I don't know if it's Hasbro's intention, but these are supposed to be the definitive releases for these figures.

I always liked Tiger Force Flint. Have yet to pick one up, though, for some reason. Anyone have the fig and can comment on it versus the v1 Flint?

I got one after opening it I wanted to sale it after a week.

I have all three Flints. Don't have the Hall of Fame One.

Of the three like the V1 even with the Diaper Crotch and Duke Arms.

Tiger Force Flint has:

Waxy shinny Skin instead of painted flesh

Muscle arms with more movement but don't look human to me.

Small head sculpt but 15% smaller in size.

He's a decent Figure just not "Flint" enough for me.

Didn't want to start a new thread, but anyone checking out the new GI Joe: Resolute show on Adult Swim's website? They've been updating it daily.

Good things:

Body count (there is one)

Flint and Baroness VA are back

Decent animation

Bad things:

that guy who does ALL THE SAME VOICE in about everything dubbed is doing Duke

Dunno things:

story, eh it's GI Joe

Think Mark Hammil's doing C. Commander, not doing anything special with it.

Just saw eps 4 and 5 just a few minutes ago.

I heard that the guy doing CC's voice now is the same person who did Starscream's voice in the Michael Bay Transformer movie.

Regarding CC, loved the speech he gave in episode 4. He's now one ruthless bastard.

Me like the change. :)

However, I'm not so sure I'm digging the revised backstory they're giving Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes. I'm cool with how they explained Snake Eye's becoming mute (Though it messes up some of the reasons why he and Scarlett would hook up.).

But I don't like how they changed SS to be an utter dick now. He may have been jealous of SE, but the bastard was loyal as hell to his family and clan. Making him some power-hungry, overzealous, young prick really messes the cool character that he truly is.

But I don't like how they changed SS to be an utter dick now. He may have been jealous of SE, but the bastard was loyal as hell to his family and clan. Making him some power-hungry, overzealous, young prick really messes the cool character that he truly is.
I don't like how he is actually evil this time around. I realize this is not in the same continuity as all of the other joe stuff, hell the closest thing to it is G.I. Joe Origins, and even that is different from this, but Storm Shadow, was never actually evil(to be honest the closest Storm Shadow to Resolute Storm Shadow in comparison would be the one from TF VS G.I. Joe Vol. 1 by Dreamwave and even then, he was a noble character). In the Marvel run he wasn't perfect, he had flaws and had a justified reason to bear a grudge against Snake Eyes, which is close to what we saw in ep. 5, however for him to actually have a hand in intentionally killing the man we can presume is Hard Master, that's a bit much for me.

I can see what he was trying to accomplish, maybe he actually does have a noble intent to continue the Arashikage clan(and a willingness to take it to extremes as we've seen), but it seems like there is no turning back for him. I just hope Warren Ellis did not write Storm Shadow in to be killed off in the finale.

Despite my criticisms, I've enjoyed each episode a great deal.

I don't like how he is actually evil this time around. I realize this is not in the same continuity as all of the other joe stuff, hell the closest thing to it is G.I. Joe Origins, and even that is different from this, but Storm Shadow, was never actually evil(to be honest the closest Storm Shadow to Resolute Storm Shadow in comparison would be the one from TF VS G.I. Joe Vol. 1 by Dreamwave and even then, he was a noble character). In the Marvel run he wasn't perfect, he had flaws and had a justified reason to bear a grudge against Snake Eyes, which is close to what we saw in ep. 5, however for him to actually have a hand in intentionally killing the man we can presume is Hard Master, that's a bit much for me.

I can see what he was trying to accomplish, maybe he actually does have a noble intent to continue the Arashikage clan(and a willingness to take it to extremes as we've seen), but it seems like there is no turning back for him. I just hope Warren Ellis did not write Storm Shadow in to be killed off in the finale.

Despite my criticisms, I've enjoyed each episode a great deal.

If Storm Shadow is not evil why does he serve Cobra?

Wow.. episode 4 and 5 continue to be pretty good. I also heard episode 6 is out there somewhere but haven't found it yet. My only complaints are the voices of Duke and Flint. Don't really like them and prefer the original from the Sunbow series.

So is Flint still second in command? And I wonder if they are going to finally kill off Duke this time around.

Saw the first 4(?) chapters that were posted on adultswim dot com. So far, so good--not without its flaws, but pretty good all the same.

New character designs will take some getting used to. Think I prefer the "Real American Hero" char designs from the 82-85 cartoon. Guess it's because that encompasses my frame of reference for GI Joe in general--watched it as a kid back in the day. Mind you, I'm NOT saying I prefer the show--with it's hokey dialogue, nonsensical plotlines, or blow-stuff-up-but-nobody-gets-hurt action--just the char designs. The pseudo-anime feel to the new ver is just a bit "off" to me.

I get it that they want this version to be "not the GI Joe you watched as a kid." I understand that they want it to come across as grittier, more sophisticated; okay, no problem--I'm with you so far.

But geez--you think they could get more than 3 or 4 actors to provide voices for all the male characters in the f'in show? <_<

One thing that really stuck out as a "are they kidding?" moment was the beginning of Ch 3. Scene opens with a shot of the U.S.S. Flagg, still making her way under her own steam--and STILL ON FIRE. Meanwhile, everybody's casually lounging around down in the comm room, holding a briefing. I'm no sailor by any means, but: HEL-LO? Isn't fire the single-most dangerous hazard to any combat ship at sea? Why the hell isn't anybody trying to put that sh*t out, man?!

Nyeerrrrmmmmmm! Pew Pew! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I always liked the Cobra Rattler

cobra_rattler.jpg

and the Dragonfly

dragonfly_box.jpg

and the V.A.M.P.

p000_1_28.jpg

'cause they reminded me of real vehicles, like the Lambo LM002

lamborghini_LM002.jpg

and of course, Cobra gunship and A-10, etc. etc...

errata: NOT the LM002, but actually more closely it's predecessor, the Lamborghini Cheetah

cheetah.jpg

Edited by reddsun1

:lol::lol::lol:

I always liked the Cobra Rattler

and the Dragonfly

and the V.A.M.P.

'cause they reminded me of real vehicles, like the Lambo LM002

and of course, Cobra gunship and A-10, etc. etc...

errata: NOT the LM002, but actually more closely it's predecessor, the Lamborghini Cheetah

The Vamp's a mishmash. It's got the Cheetah's body work, but looks to be based on the chassis of the two seat prototype the U.S. Army was developing, that the Cheetah was based on.

I never have figured out how AM General managed to take a small two seat mid engine Jeep replacement, and turn it into the Humvee. :huh:

I do share your love of those early Joe vehicles, that had real worl influence. Some of the later stuff was fun, but just didn't have the same charm.

As far as real world designs making their way into Joe vehicles, I still find it hysterical that the Cobra Rage has a scaled down M60A2 turret, complete with the gunner's and loader's hatches.

Edited by Greyryder