Whats Lying on your Workbench MKIII

HWR MKII

can you squeeze in a pic, HWR, of your hover truck along side the 61 and maybe another modern MBT for size comparisons...pretty please with sugar on top.

:)

THOR

The armor looks great HWR.

505 - That's cool. The majority of what I have are medium caliber, aircraft rounds. The plan someday is to use them in stands with the aircraft. Anybody got a 55mm GU-11 round? :lol:

Cowie - That's funny man. Was he saving them to uproot a tree trunk or something? ^_^ Your pop could've probably just unscrewed the top, poured out the charge and set off the top primer to clear them. It would have been funny to see how everyone reacted.

There was this one guy who did some digging and found an old mortar round. He brought it into the facility workshop and was buffing it clean. Somebody asked him where he got it and he said, "I just dug it up." Everybody freaked out and called in the local EOD. We all know that buffing metal makes it hot; right!? Not cool. - MT

Another update today on my Hasegawa VF-22.

Decals are completed and another Future coating is on to prep for some washes or glazes as needed.

Vertical Stabilizers and undercarriage doors

From below

From above

Also, masking and color coating is finished on my simple display base.

Lots of tape

A night to cure and then it's on to those washes and glazes. Comments and criticisms welcomed, as always.

Kenny

Another update today on my Hasegawa VF-22.

Decals are completed and another Future coating is on to prep for some washes or glazes as needed.

Vertical Stabilizers and undercarriage doors

From below

From above

Also, masking and color coating is finished on my simple display base.

Lots of tape

A night to cure and then it's on to those washes and glazes. Comments and criticisms welcomed, as always.

Kenny

Hey Kenny, thats starting to look really good, wasn't to sure about your color scheme at very 1st, but its really coming together now!!! Are you doing it landing gear up or down for this one? Keep the pics coming!!! B))

Edited by 505thAirborne

Thats some great stuff Kenny. Cant wait to see it finished an on its legs.

Since a few people asked heres a shot of the 61 next to a initial production Tiger 1 for a size comparison.

post-2293-1236202564_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1236202579_thumb.jpg

Its an eyeball mixed meduim grey base color then misted with the ground color for a dusty effect. Im trying to give it the same look it had in the MS IGLOO 2 episode it was featured in. This is the second paint option in the kit.

I made those fingers from scratch. I used bondo putties and styrene sheets just like I did with rest of the body.

I only made one set of finger ( top, medium, and bottom part ) then I made a silicone mold, and casted them in resin. All individual fingers are connected with aluminum wire.

Here is a grainy photograph of my wip RGM-79SC conversion:

WIPGM.jpg

Not using all the conversion pieces though, I'm going to retain the original 78-2 backpack with dual sabers... the conversion backpack looks bulky and weird.

... and yea, someone please give Optimus Prime its own thread :p

WIPGM.jpg

Not using all the conversion pieces though, I'm going to retain the original 78-2 backpack with dual sabers... the conversion backpack looks bulky and weird.

nice laptop (typing this from the same model :p )

WIPGM.jpg

Is this 1/144 or 1/100? (I'm assuming MG)

Here is an update on my GM Sniper Custom. I did a rough test fit for arms / body / head, so still need to tighten everything into place:

WIPGM2.jpg

WIPGM3.jpg

This is technically a non-canon beam saber configuration XD. The original SC did not have the single saber tucked in the back, only the inline integrated saber attached on its arm, but I included both.

WIPGM4.jpg

And maiden... that Autobot logo is so well done :wub:

Edited by Ghost Train

You win +100 mecha/game/anime nerd points ^_^

Kit looks like this, and it's pretty big.

post-1187-1235729646_thumb.jpg

:blink: Oh boy! I was expecting a ZOE kit like forever: where can I buy it?

When time allows I'll get this SDF-1 Finished one day, So far its at this stage. Eventually it will be aged/weathered and panel lined. For now on the mantel she sits. B))

I am wondering if you used Gundam parts to make the arms work?. I am surprised the tinier 1/8000 counterpart has more mobility on the arms that the 1/5000 and why Bandai just wouldn't make that bit more of an effort. Have to love the 80's.. Did you also mod the hip joints on it? I am not touching any of the models again, buy the 1/5000 wave or anything like that; I am waiting for the 1/2000 Yamato to come out and focus on detailing that one instead... it would be the next grail kit or toy for that matter.

WIP of my repainting of HT AVP queen figure.

Damn my camera, it sure doesn't look so blue in real life, it's way darker. Need to fix this next time.

avpqueenrepaint01.jpg

Here is an update on my GM Sniper Custom. I did a rough test fit for arms / body / head, so still need to tighten everything into place:

WIPGM2.jpg

WIPGM3.jpg

This is technically a non-canon beam saber configuration XD. The original SC did not have the single saber tucked in the back, only the inline integrated saber attached on its arm, but I included both.

WIPGM4.jpg

And maiden... that Autobot logo is so well done :wub:

Nice sniper custom kit. I have one waiting for me with a semi built RX-78 OYW kit and have been just to lazy to finish it up.

Edited by shenphong