Whats Lying on your Workbench MKIII

HWR MKII

Started working on my first macross model and first model in about 10 years. Use to be into 1/6 scale action figures but that hobbie got to expensive.

STA70062.jpg

Bandai 1/144 Vf-17 and some chara-works 1/144 valks, using alot of putty on those. Almost finished the VF-1A's, just got to find out about painting the panals before those are finished. VF-1S strike Hikaru i took apart to start working on tomorrow. Impessive detail on these little kits shame about the paint apps and ill fitting seems.

Anyone recommend a spray which can protect the paint and decals with?

Edited by RogueTrooper

Started working on my first macross model and first model in about 10 years. Use to be into 1/6 scale action figures but that hobbie got to expensive.

STA70062.jpg

Bandai 1/144 Vf-17 and some chara-works 1/144 valks, using alot of putty on those. Almost finished the VF-1A's, just got to find out about painting the panals before those are finished. VF-1S strike Hikaru i took apart to start working on tomorrow. Impessive detail on these little kits shame about the paint apps and ill fitting seems.

Anyone recommend a spray which can protect the paint and decals with?

I wish I still had my VF-17 kit, well one day soon I'll get another one. Show more pics as your models develop!! B))

Update on 24 inch Optimus Prime project;

One problem I had was that I needed tires for this big guy. I looked around some shops to see if I can find something,

but I could not find the right size. So that I had no choice but to scratch built myself.

I made one original from styrene sheet and bondo putty. It was pain in the a$$ carving all those patterns on the tread.

After that I made silicone mold, and casted them in resin.

post-6518-1235187024_thumb.jpg

post-6518-1235187059_thumb.jpg

post-6518-1235187093_thumb.jpg

post-6518-1235187215_thumb.jpg

post-6518-1235187231_thumb.jpg

post-6518-1235187507_thumb.jpg

Update on 24 inch Optimus Prime project;

One problem I had was that I needed tires for this big guy. I looked around some shops to see if I can find something,

but I could not find the right size. So that I had no choice but to scratch built myself.

I made one original from styrene sheet and bondo putty. It was pain in the a$$ carving all those patterns on the tread.

After that I made silicone mold, and casted them in resin.

Your a mad-man Maiden!! Seriously that is some serious skills right there!! B))

Klam, the VF-22 looks great!

Quick question: Didn't the -22 have internal storage of the gunpods? I like the external mounts, myself.

VERY nice job!

~Luke

From the official design VF-22S have no gunpod, but from the M7 series 22s is always with gunpod. My vf-22 is the VF-X2 version, the bottom is same as YF-21 in the game ^_^

Small update today on my VF-22 project, but a lot of ground covered.

Massive masking performed and removed to get this Misubishi F-2 Inspired scheme:

From below

From above

Color coat is finished and masking is removed, except for the clear parts. There's a little touchup remaining. I'll knock that out tomorrow and then it will get a Future coat to prep for decals.

Comments and criticisms welcome, as always.

Kenny

Update on 24 inch Optimus Prime project:

Now the wheels are done, so that I installed them on legs. I wanted to make double-wheels like the real trucks,

but none of the toys of Optimus prime have this feature that I know. So I may be the first one to get this look.

I also worked on upper body. You can see there are sliding hatches on top of body where the head goes in.

post-6518-1235874690_thumb.jpg

post-6518-1235874703_thumb.jpg

post-6518-1235874727_thumb.jpg

post-6518-1235874737_thumb.jpg

post-6518-1235874760_thumb.jpg

post-6518-1235874777_thumb.jpg

post-6518-1235874787_thumb.jpg

Update on 24 inch Optimus Prime project:

Now the wheels are done, so that I installed them on legs. I wanted to make double-wheels like the real trucks,

but none of the toys of Optimus prime have this feature that I know. So I may be the first one to get this look.

I also worked on upper body. You can see there are sliding hatches on top of body where the head goes in.

Hope you don't get tired of compliments bro, but its just amazing so far and that your building it from scratch!!! The tires and how you made it like a true Semi-Truck, super sweet!!! Keep it up!! B))

Holy hell Sean, it's perfect. For a display base, you could also go with the classic 'crew sitting around lazily in between sorties' approach with some details and such. Maybe the Krote moving around some cover with a pair of troopers as a fireteam using the cover to move as well? It's tough to decide if you want to go for action or inaction in a dio.

Holy hell Sean, it's perfect. For a display base, you could also go with the classic 'crew sitting around lazily in between sorties' approach with some details and such. Maybe the Krote moving around some cover with a pair of troopers as a fireteam using the cover to move as well? It's tough to decide if you want to go for action or inaction in a dio.

Its an AI controlled vehicle so it wouldnt have "crew". Id also like to do a more serene scene have it getting worked on or the maintainers goofing off taking pictures or something.

OK, so everyone's like "look at the cool model of a WWII German Tiger (pick your variant) or look at this cool model of this..." I think the models ARE COOL, however (yes there's a however), what a about collecting pieces of the real thing? This is what I cleaned up last week for my collection (which is getting bigger). Once again, I'm not dogging anyone's models!

post-2518-1235998299_thumb.jpg This is a vintage German 8.8cm (88mm) cannon round made COMPLETELY (don't freek out) INERT. It's complete with the primer and fuse. The round is about 3 feet long when assembled and weighs in at 13 Kilo (about 26 pounds) WITHOUT any explosives.

post-2518-1235998462_thumb.jpg This is a WWI era 37mm AA flak round. It's basically one of the earlier auto-cannon rounds. It's also complete and COMPLETELY INERT. The WWI round REALLY needed some cleaning up. The cannon this went to was a direct descendant of the Maxim machine gun. They just made it bigger (37mm). You can tell it didn't have much power (not even to shoot down Zeplins) so it didn't last very long.

This is my OTHER hobby when I'm not doing models or the Daedalus (not so sure it's JUST a model anymore ^_^). Why have a model tank when you can have a tank round I always say!

Oh yeah, one of the best selections I have found is at http://www.jcmilitaria.com/ Shipping to the States may be costly, especially if you order a 8.8cm round! - MT

Edited by MechTech

OK, so everyone's like "look at the cool model of a WWII German Tiger (pick your variant) or look at this cool model of this..." I think the models ARE COOL, however (yes there's a however), what a about collecting pieces of the real thing? This is what I cleaned up last week for my collection (which is getting bigger). Once again, I'm not dogging anyone's models!

post-2518-1235998299_thumb.jpg This is a vintage German 8.8cm (88mm) cannon round made COMPLETELY (don't freek out) INERT. It's complete with the primer and fuse. The round is about 3 feet long when assembled and weighs in at 13 Kilo (about 26 pounds) WITHOUT any explosives.

post-2518-1235998462_thumb.jpg This is a WWI era 37mm AA flak round. It's basically one of the earlier auto-cannon rounds. It's also complete and COMPLETELY INERT. The WWI round REALLY needed some cleaning up. The cannon this went to was a direct descendant of the Maxim machine gun. They just made it bigger (37mm). You can tell it didn't have much power (not even to shoot down Zeplins) so it didn't last very long.

This is my OTHER hobby when I'm not doing models or the Daedalus (not so sure it's JUST a model anymore ^_^). Why have a model tank when you can have a tank round I always say!

Oh yeah, one of the best selections I have found is at http://www.jcmilitaria.com/ Shipping to the States may be costly, especially if you order a 8.8cm round! - MT

Hey MT, nice collection of WWI-WWII Rounds & casings. Is that a sampling of what you have or much more in the garage? Reminds me of the older days when I had items like that. I still have a wooden Ammo box or 2, but the 88mm and 105mm shells I had (Both WWII) are all long gone.

Also the stores link you posted, Nice selection of deactivated weapons. Thompson's, Garand's and Carbines, very nice!! B))

Edited by 505thAirborne

Got the weathering on the Konigs Krote finished. Still trying to decide on a suitable display base. Want to do something with some figures on it jus no idea what.

Wow. That is the best armour weathering I have ever seen. Wow. Any chance of a couple of quick pointers to share your method please? Opposite colour for paint chips, drybrushing and pastels to tone the colours down? It looks amazing and is my new favourite completed kit. Well done.

My grandfather (WW2 veteran) surrendered a few interesting collectables a few years ago. Australia declared a firearm buy-back/amnesty period following the banning of semi-automatic rifles. My granddad walked into the local police station and turned in a couple of hand grenades he'd had in the basement since the war. Yes, we're talking 50 year old, LIVE pineapple grenades. He wasn't impressed by the desk officer's response when it became clear they were live. My ol' pop just didn't get it! :rolleyes: