Gundam Plamodel Thread III

Can I get any opinions/reviews of the PG Skygrasper? How complicated/detailed is it? Does anyone have a comparison pic with the 1/60 Valkyries? I always loved that design and I have never built any Gundam model bigger than the 1/144 scale Wing models released in the US. I decided to try this kit first if the reviews are good and then I would move on to another PG. Thanks in advance guys

come to think of it, the pg sky skygrasper's pilot seems to be a bit smaller than it should? I'll need to find mine to check.

Edited by Vince

come to think of it, the pg sky skygrasper's pilot seems to be a bit smaller than it should? I'll need to find mine to check.

Here's my comparison shot to a 1/72 pilot that's made for diecast fighters.

IMG_0750.jpg

UGH... This hobby makes me want to go back to buying valks again... I just ruined some parts on my zaku 2.0 MG kit... Sent an email to bandai japan which I heard offers free replacement parts for any missing or damaged kit parts...

This can only be done once per customer and a pic of the parts you need must be provided also with the item number as proof of purchase for any bandai japan kit..

Unfortunately this service is only offered to resident's of japan USA or Canada. There is no service for any country in europe or china that I know of for this. Response is sometimes slow depending on the amount of demand for parts on bandai's service... Hopefully I get a favorable reply soon.

I didnt know they offered replacement parts

Could you provide the website,

thanks

Man, Bandai are a bunch of dirty motherf**kers. I just saw dalong has a review for the new 1/100 Seed Gold Frame. I bought that kit like 2-3 years ago as a limited edition Gold Red Frame, and paid TWICE what the regular was for it. I didn't care at the time, I loved the Red Frame, and thought it was worth it. Now, they come out with this?! It's the same f**king kit! Actually, it's the same kit PLUS a giant bazooka. That's bullsh*t. Yeah, I don't mess with anything other than 1/60 scale anymore, but still it's the principle. I swear, if they re-release the PG Casval RX-78 with some lame weathering BS or something like that, after I paid 350+ bucks for one, I'm gonna snap off! Last thing I want to see is Bandai start taking cues from those underhanded shady little bastards at Hasegawa with their "Limited edition" kits. Yeah, limited my ass. It's not right, I mean, if I pay money for something that's limited, what protects the rights of those who paid their share to own one? It's bullsh*t...total bullsh*t.

Edited by Excillon

That's why i don't care much for "exclusive" or "limited edition" kits... :rolleyes: Model kit companies are bound to milk their molds sooner or later, there's no one stopping them from doing that, and that's just how the business is. It's their chance to make really big bucks by selling event-limited/exclusive/limited-edition kits (not that they aren't making big bucks with their regular releases...) and justify the prices because, well, they're event-limited/exclusive/limited-edition kits :p

Well, they are releasing a HGUC version of the 1:1 Gundam.... talk about milking.

Are you refering to the improved HGUC RX-78-2? That's not exactly the same as releasing an HGUC 1:1 Gundam... or am I confused? (possibly)

Pete

Are you refering to the improved HGUC RX-78-2? That's not exactly the same as releasing an HGUC 1:1 Gundam... or am I confused? (possibly)

Pete

They are releasing a 30th anniversary RX-78-2 HGUC kit to coincide with the display of the 1:1 model.

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2009/06/hg-...undam-30th.html

Actually, it doesn't really say it's styled after the giant RX-78-2 in Shiokaze, but the events are tied together!

They are releasing a 30th anniversary RX-78-2 HGUC kit to coincide with the display of the 1:1 model.

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2009/06/hg-...undam-30th.html

Actually, it doesn't really say it's styled after the giant RX-78-2 in Shiokaze, but the events are tied together!

Even though Bandai doesn't say anywhere that it is based on the statue, it very clearly is, just look at the panel lines, and the joints.

HGUC Hi-Nu reviews:

it's a bit of disappointment, weapons molded in single color, only 2 out of 6 funnels actually work. i'm not too sold on the proportions as well..

Well, there's always MG Hi-Nu.

Well, there's always MG Hi-Nu.

i was actually wishing that the HGUC version will be a lot better than it's MG counterpart... kinda like how the HGUC Nu addressed the issues that it's MG counterpart had. but from the images in the reviews HGUC Hi-Nu looks just like a miniature version of the MG. oh well, i'll stick to HGUC Nu for now. B))

Edited by valkyriepilot

i was actually wishing that the HGUC version will be a lot better than it's MG counterpart... kinda like how the HGUC Nu addressed the issues that it's MG counterpart had. but from the images in the reviews HGUC Hi-Nu looks just like a miniature version of the MG. oh well, i'll stick to HGUC Nu for now. B))

I guess your one of those die-hards that prefers the original bulkier interpretation of the Hi-Nu.

Quite frankly I like both the original and the MG styling. If Bandai ever makes the original as a MG (or PG) I'll buy that too.

And in Bandai's defence, the comparison with the standard Nu Gundam is a bit unfair.

A lot of time has passed between the inception of the MG and the HGUC version, with the latter

benefitting from better perception and/or technology for the object at hand.

How many times are we going to discuss this in separate threads? This is already being discussed in the Gundam model and figure thread...

Which many of us do not frequent. Perhaps most of us. And I don't think one would consider this either a figure or a model.

Which many of us do not frequent. Perhaps most of us. And I don't think one would consider this either a figure or a model.

Actually, you're wrong. It is a model, in fact, it's referred to as the "1:1 Actual Grade RX-78-2" and it's also getting a miniaturized HGUC version soon. Granted, it's a huge model, but meets all the definitions of a model kit.

True. It took me awhile to find the original post talking about the 30th anniversary gundam before I could post a progress pic of it. This thing does warrant it's own post.

[a few seconds later...]

Actually, you're wrong. It is a model, in fact, it's referred to as the "1:1 Actual Grade RX-78-2" and it's also getting a miniaturized HGUC version soon. Granted, it's a huge model, but meets all the definitions of a model kit.

...it's actually considered a model kit?

Edited by shiroikaze

True. It took me awhile to find the original post talking about the 30th anniversary gundam before I could post a progress pic of it. This thing does warrant it's own post.

[a few seconds later...]

...it's actually considered a model kit?

I guess so, if they're calling it an "actual grade" kit. Too bad we can't buy one. But if you think about it, it's pre-fabricated parts that were assembled for the purpose of displaying it, so how is it NOT a model?

Edited by Excillon

You're arguing semantics for no other reason than to have a right to be "mad" at someone for posting it in this thread. Oi.

I think it's amazing.

...and here's "Chewie" with the late news... Someone started another thread about this, and then one of the mods must have put it in this one, since there was already a discussion in here about it. I think it's pointless to have 3 threads to talk about the same giant robot, and was merely pointing out there were already discussions going on about it in 2 other threads.

...and here's "Chewie" with the late news... Someone started another thread about this, and then one of the mods must have put it in this one, since there was already a discussion in here about it. I think it's pointless to have 3 threads to talk about the same giant robot, and was merely pointing out there were already discussions going on about it in 2 other threads.

Late is a matter of perspective and Duke already hit the nail on the head about it. I looked in the first thread I saw with the name "Gundam" on it. I didn't know about it until earlier this evening. I came here to see if anyone else had or hadn't only to see that they clearly had and you all in a tizzy about someone posting in the thread.

Edited by Chewie

Late is a matter of perspective and Duke already hit the nail on the head about it though. I looked in the first thread I saw with the name "Gundam" on it. I didn't know about it until earlier this evening. I came here to see if anyone else had to hadn't to see that they clearly had and you all in a tizzy about someone posting in the thread.

Tizzy? I'm not in a tizzy at all lol. Apparently you're imagining hostilities that aren't there. I just pointed out this discussion was going on in 2 other threads already. And why wouldn't it? It's a gundam, so it belongs in a gundam thread, right? Apparently who ever moved the thread thought so as well. Oh, and take this as hostile if you like, or me being annoyed, or whatever...but there's some serious grammatically incorrect stuff going on in your above post, champ. You might want to think about what you want to say before you type it.

I wasn't imagining anything. I was simply taking what I read and interpreting it and it looked like you were annoyed and trying to cover it up with semantics.

Apparently I was wrong.

As for the grammar, it was more like a series of typos but I like what you reduced it to there, champ.

Just call them like I see them, typos or otherwise. I have no desire to get into a flame war with you, because I really don't care AT ALL. You apparently assumed wrong thinking I was annoyed, I was merely redirecting the discussion. Your mistake, you took things way out of context. Then saying I'm arguing semantics, I'm not. Just pointing out FACTS. Again, your mistake. So as a parent of 2 kids, and as a parent who was once a child, I'll pass along what I was told in my youth and my kids get told from time to time: "If you can't keep up with the conversation, don't try. Go back to the kiddie table."