Gundam Plamodel Thread III

Hey, I posted a Wanted listing as well, but I figured I'd ask here as well... I really need the conical parts of the MG Z'Gok claws ASAP for a model I'm working on... I seem to have lost the ones I had. I'd even take a recast, I just really need replacements for these parts to keep working on this kit. PM me if anyone can help me out.

• 2 weeks later...
Latest work complete smile.gif Slightly non-canon Sniper Custom from the OYW.

Nice one Ghost Train. I'm thinking of building a bunch of HG UC kits - to get the basic MSG crew down...

but first...must do Ozma...uhh...

Model building is like a full time job! :)

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Lovely Z'Gok...Especially like the muddy feet :)

I think I'm going to build my v.2 Char's Zaku II now... and also I think I'm gonna go panel line my other Gundams...

Maybe I'll do the Z'Gok next...

Pete

Thanks for the comments... I got a couple comments on another board about the background. I built a new cheapie lightbox for photos from a cardboard box and some white fabric, and it definitely helps keep the colors true and the general lighting good, but some people mentioned that the wrinkles in the fabric were distracting... what do you guys who looked at the photos think? The center part of the backdrop can be changed out for some smooth posterboard if it's a problem, so I'm looking for feedback.

Firstly the model looks great. As for the backdrop, I didn't even notice the wrinkles until after I read your post and went back and looked.

Same here.

Great stuff!!

OK, thanks for the feedback. I took the photos today for my VF-11B review for CDX today tho, and the rough cut between the middle piece of sheet and the sides sticks out in some wider shots, so I'm going to have to fix it up a little.

UGH... This hobby makes me want to go back to buying valks again... I just ruined some parts on my zaku 2.0 MG kit... Sent an email to bandai japan which I heard offers free replacement parts for any missing or damaged kit parts...

This can only be done once per customer and a pic of the parts you need must be provided also with the item number as proof of purchase for any bandai japan kit..

Unfortunately this service is only offered to resident's of japan USA or Canada. There is no service for any country in europe or china that I know of for this. Response is sometimes slow depending on the amount of demand for parts on bandai's service... Hopefully I get a favorable reply soon.

Unfortunately this service is only offered to resident's of japan USA or Canada. There is no service for any country in europe or china that I know of for this. Response is sometimes slow depending on the amount of demand for parts on bandai's service... Hopefully I get a favorable reply soon.

Not true. I live in Germany and requested the parts I needed.

Bandai (a lady by the name of Hana) replied and wanted the shipping address.

One month later I got the parts I wanted, completely free of charge.

I must say, fantastic customer service on Bandai Hobby's behalf.

UGH... This hobby makes me want to go back to buying valks again... I just ruined some parts on my zaku 2.0 MG kit... Sent an email to bandai japan which I heard offers free replacement parts for any missing or damaged kit parts...

This can only be done once per customer and a pic of the parts you need must be provided also with the item number as proof of purchase for any bandai japan kit..

you can buy the whole tree, it just takes a while. most of the on store can handle it for you, but I heard folks have done it with hlj, I think they have a faq on ordering replacement parts.

• 2 weeks later...
ANy one pre-ordered the MG Exia? i got mine initial supply at 4000 yen... did not realise till now.. supposedly to be some ignition mode and such.. any one know what it contains??

Gotta remind myself to pre-order it.

Comes with:

• 2 LEDs
  • Chrome plated GN Long and Short Blade, GN Sword and GN beam rifle muzzle
  • Comes with parts for Exia Repair

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2009/06/mg-...res-others.html

yep, better hurry with your preorder folks, Rainbow Ten is offering it at JPY 4000, that's more than JPY 1000 off than the already discounted price for the first batch...

you mean these?

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN959452

or

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN960226

what's the different?

chrome only cause more work to remove it.

Edited by Vince

@Vince: I was referring to azrael's post before mine, so yes it's the latter link: http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN960226

What's the difference you ask? It's not just the chrome, but all the other stuff that azrael listed down in his post are included in the Ignition Mode, the regular version doesn't have those.

But take a look at HLJ's price: "Preorder this item by June 7 to get it for 5% off the regular price of 5,000 yen!" That would work out to be 4,750 yen in actual, with the 5% discount.

Rainbow Ten on the other hand is offering it at 4,000 yen. Got mine reserved already. If you're buying the regular from HLJ, then consider that you only have to add 390 yen and buy the Ignition mode from Rainbow Ten, and you get all the other stuff.

However, I checked their site just now and preorder for the first batch is already closed, so...

Edited by valkyriepilot

@Vince: I was referring to azrael's post before mine, so yes it's the latter link: http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN960226

What's the difference you ask? It's not just the chrome, but all the other stuff that azrael listed down in his post are included in the Ignition Mode, the regular version doesn't have those.

But take a look at HLJ's price: "Preorder this item by June 7 to get it for 5% off the regular price of 5,000 yen!" That would work out to be 4,750 yen in actual, with the 5% discount.

Rainbow Ten on the other hand is offering it at 4,000 yen. Got mine reserved already. If you're buying the regular from HLJ, then consider that you only have to add 390 yen and buy the Ignition mode from Rainbow Ten, and you get all the other stuff.

However, I checked their site just now and preorder for the first batch is already closed, so...

Thanks, I hope the extra part would fix a none MG kit.

Can I get any opinions/reviews of the PG Skygrasper? How complicated/detailed is it? Does anyone have a comparison pic with the 1/60 Valkyries? I always loved that design and I have never built any Gundam model bigger than the 1/144 scale Wing models released in the US. I decided to try this kit first if the reviews are good and then I would move on to another PG. Thanks in advance guys

Can I get any opinions/reviews of the PG Skygrasper? How complicated/detailed is it? Does anyone have a comparison pic with the 1/60 Valkyries? I always loved that design and I have never built any Gundam model bigger than the 1/144 scale Wing models released in the US. I decided to try this kit first if the reviews are good and then I would move on to another PG. Thanks in advance guys

Here are dalong's reviews of PG Sky Grasper and PG Strike Rouge + Sky Grasper . Can't seem to find comparison pics of the Sky Grasper against Valks at the moment though...