Best Macross 7 album?

Gubaba

Favorite Macross 7 Album  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you like?

• Music Selection from Galaxy Network Chart Vol.1 (PLANET DANCE!! YEAH!!)
    • Macross 7 Docking Festival (PROTOCULTURE TOILETS!! YEAH!!)
    • Mylene Jenius Sings Lynn Minmay (NO PLANET DANCE!! YEAH!!)
    • LET'S FIRE!! (TWO VERSIONS OF PLANET DANCE!! YEAH!!)
    • LIVE FIRE!! (FAKE FIRE BOMBER SINGING PLANET DANCE!! YEAH!!)
    • HEART&SOUL (EMILIA!! YEAH!!)
    • SECOND FIRE!! (AGAIN, NO PLANET DANCE!! YEAH!!)
    • Music Selection from Galaxy Network Chart Vol.2 (LARK SKYBEAUTY!! YEAH!!)
    • ACOUSTIC FIRE!! ((PLANET DANCE UNPLUGGED!! YEAH!!)
    • DYNAMITE FIRE!! (STILL NO PLANET DANCE!! YEAH!!)
    • ENGLISH FIRE!! (LYNN KAIFUN-PRODUCED PLANET DANCE!! YEAH!!)
    • RADIO FIRE!! (ELMA'S PLANET DANCE!! YEAH!!)
    • FUKUYAMA FIRE!!! (PLANET DANCE TRIBUTE!! YEAH!!)
    • Gift 25 (SHOEGAZER MYLENE!! YEAH!!)
    • I love 'em all, even English Fire! BOMBAA!!
    • Are you kidding? Only old farts with ponytails listen to Fire Bomber these days...
    • ULTRA FIRE!!! (PLANET DANCE LIVE!! YEAH!!)

Just wondering here...while opinion on Macross 7's quality (or lack thereof) varies widely on Macrossworld, most people here seem to agree that the music is pretty good. So which one's your favorite?

BOMBAA!!

As I have stated before, I am a macross whore and like pretty much all things macross. So I vote for everything (yeah I even listen to english fire :p )

That's a strange one to have as your only M7 CD...

Anyway, it's all here:

http://macross.anime.net/wiki/Category:Macross_7_audio

It was the only one the erson who bought it for me could find at the time

I was going to ask about Ultra Fire too---the only M7 CD I have is unofficial I think, but it's closest to what's on Ultra Fire. It's basically Ultra Fire + Heart and Soul. "Best Collection".

I have that one in MP3 format but not the disc itself.

Damn, where is Ultra Fire!? That's the best imo, it has both Angel voice and dynamite explosion on one soundtrack :)

I was going to ask about Ultra Fire too---the only M7 CD I have is unofficial I think, but it's closest to what's on Ultra Fire. It's basically Ultra Fire + Heart and Soul. "Best Collection".

Whhops! Forogt about that one... :wacko: It's there now, in case you haven't voted...

Which one has the Holy Lonely Light duet on it?

Second Fire and Ultra Fire both have it.

Me, I voted for Dynamite Fire...as I've said elsewhere. the music made for the M7 TV series sounds a little too polished for my taste...by D7, it sounds like Humming Bird were given a little more control over the musical direction, and it's louder, faster, and harder than any of the albums that came before it.

And Dynamite Explosion is possibly THE best Macross OP song EVER (although Lion really gives it a run for its money...).

I personally don't like Dynamite Explosion at all.

But, Holy Lonely Light (duet) is the best Fire Bomber song. Any song's better with Mylene. For raw "sound of voice" my fave is still Mylene, followed by Sharon (all of them), then Ranka, then Minmay, then Sheryl.

Heart and Soul might be the best M7 song of all though. (yes, this thread inevitably will become a "best song" discussion)

I personally don't like Dynamite Explosion at all.

But, Holy Lonely Light (duet) is the best Fire Bomber song. Any song's better with Mylene. For raw "sound of voice" my fave is still Mylene, followed by Sharon (all of them), then Ranka, then Minmay, then Sheryl.

Heart and Soul might be the best M7 song of all though. (yes, this thread inevitably will become a "best song" discussion)

That's fine...I would've done it as a "best song" poll...but there are simply too many Mac7 songs.

And I agree that Chie Kajiura as Mylene makes everything better...her solo albums are great, too, and provide an answer to the oft-asked question, "If Mylene did a lot of acid, what would her music sound like?" ^_^

Second Fire and Ultra Fire both have it.

Me, I voted for Dynamite Fire...as I've said elsewhere. the music made for the M7 TV series sounds a little too polished for my taste...by D7, it sounds like Humming Bird were given a little more control over the musical direction, and it's louder, faster, and harder than any of the albums that came before it.

And Dynamite Explosion is possibly THE best Macross OP song EVER (although Lion really gives it a run for its money...).

DYNAMITE! DYNAMITE! DYNAMITE EXPLOSION ONCE AGAIN!

DYNAMITE! DYNAMITE! EVERYDAY EVERYNIGHT EVERYWHERE!

My favorites were always the Music Selection From the Galaxy Network Chart Albums. You get most of the Fire Bomber songs you love and a smattering of other artists for variety. They're the closest thing Macross 7 had to an OST. I realize that Power of Tower, Bamboo Road Express, and the like might just be fillers, but I both enjoyed them and felt they added depth to the Macross 7 world which was centered around the music industry.

As far as a favorite song though...Angel Voice? I realize some people might be a little put off by the whale call, but I felt it best captured the emotion of Basara even if it lacked the raw energy of most Fire Bomber songs.

Also, is it just my collection of albums and MP3z or are most of the Fire Bomber recordings lacking the Basara/Mylene Duet versions? I always thought the songs were way better when it was both of them together.

Try Again was classic Firebomber to me. Planet Dance and Totsugeki Love Heart was played too often.....

Dynamite Explosion and Angel Voice are my favourite songs and often in my "repeat" list. :D

I think alot of people get put off by the whale calls in Angel Voice that they fail to notice that it's a really nice song.

BTW, best version of it IMO is the one where Fukuyama sings it with Mari Iijima - which reminds me, I'm really hoping that we eventually get a song with Fukuyama and Iijima singing along with May'N and Megumi Nakajima.

Edited by d3v

I think alot of people get put off by the whale calls in Angel Voice that they fail to notice that it's a really nice song.

BTW, best version of it IMO is the one where Fukuyama sings it with Mari Iijima - which reminds me, I'm really hoping that we eventually get a song with Fukuyama and Iijima singing along with May'N and Megumi Nakajima.

I've never heard of anyone being turned off by Angel Voice. It is, after all, the only M7 song written by Yoko Kanno.

And I love that fan-made "Duet" version as well...whoever put it together did a really good job.

I've never heard of anyone being turned off by Angel Voice. It is, after all, the only M7 song written by Yoko Kanno.

Well I've read a fair share of comments and reviews that immediately react negatively to the whole whale singing bit.

I had the first reply back when Gubaba started this thread, and voted, but by the time I had finished writing my post Azrael came over and promptly locked it... Never mind, I'll post my reply now:

Although I really cannot pick one, and didn't want to vote "love 'em all", I voted for Galaxy Network Chart 2.

The reasons are the mellow but almost sinister beauty of Lark Skybeauty, then that awesome riff on "Black/White", and a couple of outstanding Fire Bomber tracks not found anywhere else: the melancholic "Pillow Dream" and the Beatles-overload "Love Song". Note that this is not the same "Love Song" which appears on DYNAMITE FIRE; they are in fact TWO different Fire Bomber songs with the same title. This Love Song is sung by Basara and is an alternate version of "To Heart" by Hummingbird, which can be found on the "Unsweet" album.

So, because it's probably the most underrated M7 album, with a great variety of genres, I recommend this album, GNC2, for those who think they've heard all of what M7 has to offer.

Oh, yeah, and bonus points are awarded because no other Macross album has the English lyrics "F*ck you!"

And I love that fan-made "Duet" version as well...whoever put it together did a really good job.

Angel Voice was written by Kanno? I never knew...

Anyway, I had to vote "Second Fire!" if just for the fact that 'try again' and 'kimini to doke' are on there. Even though it's short I've got to give Gift 25 an honorable mention though, as well as Heart and Soul. Definitely a tough call...