Macross Frontier stuff.

ruskiiVFaussie

• 2 weeks later...
3)...and the mystery set of which I have not found any pictures of: BAN956045

Can someone save me from utter ignorance and confusion please!!? :mellow:

that mistery set is the HGIF set 2 wich comes with Michel in school uniform, Alto in school uniform (WHY?) sitting down, "Ranka and Sheryl as in the cover of the Lion Single" + "Ranka and Sheryl as in the cover of the Lion Single color variant".

Quite frankly, if i only get Michel and "Ranka and Sheryl as in the cover of the Lion Single" i'll be happy, the color variant is just pointless (as in the 1st set BTW) as is another figure of Alto in school uniform.

Rather they had Luca, Nanase, micron Klan, OZMA, Kathy, Grace, Leon, BOBBY,Canaria, Captain William, the Quarter controlers, etc. etc.

There are so many great characters they could put out instead of wasting our time and money with silly color variants and the same character in new position... come on. If they wanted to put another Alto out why not in his flight suit, in EX-Gear or, just for the fun of it, in his Kabuki costume? Step up and give us more characters instead of repainted ones.

• 2 weeks later...

They're all available for preorder at HLJ.com!

SDF-1 Macross T-Shirt Indigo

http://www.hlj.com/product/CSP34731

Lovely Concert T-Shirt White

http://www.hlj.com/product/CSP34739

Bobby Trap T-Shirt Black

http://www.hlj.com/product/CSP34735

20090222 T-Shirt White

http://www.hlj.com/product/CSP34727

They're all available for preorder at HLJ.com!

SDF-1 Macross T-Shirt Indigo

http://www.hlj.com/product/CSP34731

Lovely Concert T-Shirt White

http://www.hlj.com/product/CSP34739

Bobby Trap T-Shirt Black

http://www.hlj.com/product/CSP34735

20090222 T-Shirt White

http://www.hlj.com/product/CSP34727

The SDF-1 Macross T-Shirt looks great.

Was there a Ranka doll in the tv show?

yes there was...there's a close up in episode (i forgot) when Ozma and Cathy are hiding among rumbles (they're hiding from Leon), Ozma picks one of those dolls up from the dirt, but I am not sure if it looks exactly like that toy. One suggestion though, they'd probably do better with red/orenge buttons as eyes instead of black!

As of this moment i am one happy SOB. I got the new figures (gashapon) by Bandai and got the whole set of 5. Odds are better than with the HGIF set where you got a set of 6 "eggs" and had 6 figures to get. Here you get 8 for 5 possible. I believed it were 6 but the "NYan-Nyan Musune" comes packed with Ranka's figure.

They are very nice and roughly the same size as the HGIF. What throws me off is that they keep making variations of the same figure, here is Sheryl that comes in swimsuit either with or without jersey. It still beats the HGIF in that, at least the figure is actually in a slightly different pose instead of being just a repaint.

Klan looks awesome, the outfit she wears is from episode 5 and is as "fan service" as they come but a spacesuit version would have been better. Maybe in future sets...

Ranka is very nice in her Nyan-Nyan uniform and the mascot is a nice extra (I would personaly prefer a little Ai-kun, like the one in the 1/8 Banpresto figure).

Alto is a step forward from his school uniform in the HGIF set, here he comes with the SMS uniform, looking cool and totaly bad-ass.

I have the HGIF's 2nd set on pre-order but it's a shame it doesn't add as much as this one, the only new character in the 6 figures in that set will be Michael. You have an Alto, but he is again in school uniform and the fact they put him in a different pose (taken out of OP1, it seems) doesn't help. The Ranka and Sheryl set taken from the cover of single 4, Lion, is nice, but then there come the repaints, the same two figures with black and dark pink outfits. Enough Sheryls and Rankas, give us the support cast. Here's some set ideas:

Set 3: Ozma, Michael and Luca in SMS uniform + variants in flightsuit

Set 4: Alto in flightsuit, Brera in flightsuit, Pixie Squadron-Klan, Raramia and Nene- in flightsuit, Micron Klan in SMS Uniform

Set 5:The 3 Macross Quarter bridge bunnies - Monica, Mina and Rama-, Captain Jeffrey Wilder, Bobby Margo and Canaria Berstein;

Set 6: Katherine Glass, Pres. Glass, Leon, Grace, Richard Bilra, Elmo Kurinidaku

Set 7: Luca in school uniform, Nene in school uniform, Micron Klan in some outfit, Alto in school Ex-Gear, Ai-Kun

Set 8: Child Ranka and Brera, Ranshe Mei, Younger Grace in lab coat, Yasaburo Saotome, Alto's "Brother (don't remember his name)

That would be an awesome collection. Of course they could do whole sets with just Sheryl and Ranka in several stage outfits but what i want is a well rounded set of characters. There's still a few minor characters that would be nice.

I know i'm day-dreaming here but admit it, wouldn't you love to have these too? It would totally F*** my budget but i would love it.

I'll take some pics from this new set and post them latter.

I very much agree with you on most of the selection on future sets. But for some reason, we never get the desired products when it comes to gashapons.

Look at the CMS Marcoss Collections; we have so many Minmays and we don't even have one Hikaru in his classic TV suit (pilot suit or otherwise). Or if they like to issue Minmay that much, we never have her in the red Chinese dress (but get TWO dolls in that outfit in different colors).

I am ready to pay for figures like the uniform versions for Hikaru/ Focker/ Max/ Kakizaki, same thing for SMS squad and also for their pilot suits.

Here's a photo I took earlier:

3274373304_df27366cfc.jpg

I'll wait for Michael to take photos for Khan Khan. To be in similar size with adult-shaped Khan Khan? Michael would have died for that.

As of this moment i am one happy SOB. I got the new figures (gashapon) by Bandai and got the whole set of 5. Odds are better than with the HGIF set where you got a set of 6 "eggs" and had 6 figures to get. Here you get 8 for 5 possible. I believed it were 6 but the "NYan-Nyan Musune" comes packed with Ranka's figure.

They are very nice and roughly the same size as the HGIF. What throws me off is that they keep making variations of the same figure, here is Sheryl that comes in swimsuit either with or without jersey. It still beats the HGIF in that, at least the figure is actually in a slightly different pose instead of being just a repaint.

Klan looks awesome, the outfit she wears is from episode 5 and is as "fan service" as they come but a spacesuit version would have been better. Maybe in future sets...

Ranka is very nice in her Nyan-Nyan uniform and the mascot is a nice extra (I would personaly prefer a little Ai-kun, like the one in the 1/8 Banpresto figure).

Alto is a step forward from his school uniform in the HGIF set, here he comes with the SMS uniform, looking cool and totaly bad-ass.

I have the HGIF's 2nd set on pre-order but it's a shame it doesn't add as much as this one, the only new character in the 6 figures in that set will be Michael. You have an Alto, but he is again in school uniform and the fact they put him in a different pose (taken out of OP1, it seems) doesn't help. The Ranka and Sheryl set taken from the cover of single 4, Lion, is nice, but then there come the repaints, the same two figures with black and dark pink outfits. Enough Sheryls and Rankas, give us the support cast. Here's some set ideas:

Set 3: Ozma, Michael and Luca in SMS uniform + variants in flightsuit

Set 4: Alto in flightsuit, Brera in flightsuit, Pixie Squadron-Klan, Raramia and Nene- in flightsuit, Micron Klan in SMS Uniform

Set 5:The 3 Macross Quarter bridge bunnies - Monica, Mina and Rama-, Captain Jeffrey Wilder, Bobby Margo and Canaria Berstein;

Set 6: Katherine Glass, Pres. Glass, Leon, Grace, Richard Bilra, Elmo Kurinidaku

Set 7: Luca in school uniform, Nene in school uniform, Micron Klan in some outfit, Alto in school Ex-Gear, Ai-Kun

Set 8: Child Ranka and Brera, Ranshe Mei, Younger Grace in lab coat, Yasaburo Saotome, Alto's "Brother (don't remember his name)

That would be an awesome collection. Of course they could do whole sets with just Sheryl and Ranka in several stage outfits but what i want is a well rounded set of characters. There's still a few minor characters that would be nice.

I know i'm day-dreaming here but admit it, wouldn't you love to have these too? It would totally F*** my budget but i would love it.

I'll take some pics from this new set and post them latter.

Edited by ff95gj

Are any of the Macross Frontier character sets that have been released so far around the same scale as the Macross CMS characters?

That's what I wished for when originally buying these. I would've been more than happy to have that Klan Klein figure stand next to my Miriya CMs set. I would've done some custom work to put Klan's head on one of those Miriya figs, and put her in the Q-rau. Oh well, maybe sometime later, CMs can put these out.

yes there was...there's a close up in episode (i forgot) when Ozma and Cathy are hiding among rumbles (they're hiding from Leon), Ozma picks one of those dolls up from the dirt, but I am not sure if it looks exactly like that toy. One suggestion though, they'd probably do better with red/orenge buttons as eyes instead of black!

True, though a Ranka based parody of Coraline would be pretty awesome. ^_^

we have so many Minmays and we don't even have one Hikaru in his classic TV suit (pilot suit or otherwise).

Actually, there is one, sort of. I have one replicating the fountain photo.

I've got just about all of the Frontier flight suit/jacket badges and last one on the way and i really can recommend them, excellent quality!

Also just received my Skull Squad card holder, style.

What are those card holders like? I havent seen any pics of them and i would like to see what they are like.