Macross Frontier stuff.

ruskiiVFaussie

Stay away from the Macross Solid Archive figures (the Valks firing missiles), unless you are really, really desperate for a 3D representation of the VF-25F and VF-0 w/Reactive Armor.

These were released yesterday here in Hong Kong and are widely available in most hobby shops (dunno what's up with Bandai making these widely available, but not the much better model kit?)

Anyway, many shops here are offering either just the entire set of 5 as a set, or just the first three (VF-25F Battroid & Gerwalk & VF-0S w/Reactive Armour) as a set. I bought the first three only for HK$100, as I have no interest in Nos 4 & 5, the 2 x VF-1 fighters.

Just unpacked them from the boxes. Nice boxes by the way. They are typical PVC gashapon and being PVC have lost the sharpness that the original resin sculpts had. Also, the parts fitting is terrible on these. Had a reallydiificult time gettng many parts on and getting them to stay on is a nightmare. The VF-25F gerwalk is probably the worst. in this regard.

These are not going on display. Heck they are going straight back in the box and in a drawer.

Yuck.

Graham

It looks like COSPA is going all out with Frontier merchandise.

In addition the the SMS, VF-25, and Skull Squadron patch they've got more coming.

$100 for a replica Mihoshi Academy dress shirt...

http://www.amiami.com/shop/ProductInfo/product_id/105249

COS-3195M.jpg

....and don't forget an extra school patch.

COS-3196.jpg

that looks terrible for the price... is the patch accurate?

woo hoo! pays to be sneaky, The Macross F Characters is up on early bird again for those who missed out! *Glee*

:edit: ahh crap it's the newer box, i still need to order the first one. Oh Well. :p Sorry for the false call.

The finish is a little to be desired (only seen the pics first time today previous page) ... What are peoples opinons?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Stay away from the Macross Solid Archive figures (the Valks firing missiles), unless you are really, really desperate for a 3D representation of the VF-25F and VF-0 w/Reactive Armor.

These were released yesterday here in Hong Kong and are widely available in most hobby shops (dunno what's up with Bandai making these widely available, but not the much better model kit?)

Anyway, many shops here are offering either just the entire set of 5 as a set, or just the first three (VF-25F Battroid & Gerwalk & VF-0S w/Reactive Armour) as a set. I bought the first three only for HK$100, as I have no interest in Nos 4 & 5, the 2 x VF-1 fighters.

Just unpacked them from the boxes. Nice boxes by the way. They are typical PVC gashapon and being PVC have lost the sharpness that the original resin sculpts had. Also, the parts fitting is terrible on these. Had a reallydiificult time gettng many parts on and getting them to stay on is a nightmare. The VF-25F gerwalk is probably the worst. in this regard.

These are not going on display. Heck they are going straight back in the box and in a drawer.

Yuck.

Graham

bummer. I might just cancel mine then after this review, thanks G-Man.

Gives me reason to cancel the Tomohawk and wait for the weathered version now then! Or the sale...

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I'll have to see a finished version of the Macross Characters trading figures, since they don't look that good. I do like their choice of Klan Klan in school girl outfit though... :D

hell yeah, i'd be happy if i cancelled the box and just bought her. I do like the Ranka version.

Prefer the first box overall, for all the characters.

I hope they don't plan on releasing secondary character and a Sheryl, Alto, Ranka trio for each set.

Please make wave three Ozma, Kathy, Grace, and Leon (in Hawaiian shirt).

Edited by UN Spacy

NEW STUFF (hlj.com early bird)

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN955647 - Soundrop Compact Macross Frontier: 1 Box 10pcs (gashapons)

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN953673 - Macross F Nyan Colle 1 Box 15pcs (trading cards)

more trading cards? And wtf is a soundrop.

Anyone in the know yet? Pics? Details?

closed already? That was very fast. I'm not sure if i want to keep my pre-order. It seems there is alot of stuff getting punched out

and i'm finding it harder to warrant me needing all this stuff even if it's Macross. I'll have a think about what i got ordered, and cancel some...

Should just keep to collecting the big stuff. :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Well i just cancelled all the mini figs of Macross F due to the poor ass quailty. I can't see these figs being that small, they'd be a fair

size that could have been sculpted far better. I got little figs that are probably half the size of them and they are detailed (face) just as

good as a 1/8 scale. And as for those trading cards nyan Call whatever, i'll just collect singles that i want most. I'll save me money for

figs like 1/8 Klan Fig. Sheryl would have to be next.

If your going to get these and you want to put them together....

The 2 words. Super Glue. Only way they'll stay together.

sad, the Gashapons i have collected over the years are super tight, no problems at all. (dragon ball Z, misc others)

Got no worries with using glue though. :) Thanks man.

Did you get any more?

And i wonder what are the sizes compared to the Gashapons released previously? (like that GBP-1S VF-1J hik and now Roy's 0S Reactive)....

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Wow these look pretty good, have mine on preorder.

post-3169-1224098379_thumb.jpgpost-3169-1224098386_thumb.jpg

Sure looks good, don't know if these are the figures somebody was cancelling the preorder for? I want them all, and :ph34r: I actually like Ranka in Nyan uniform! am I alone?? (Of course I love Klan in full Meltran glory, and wished she was made to scale!