Latest 1/48

wasabi-elephant

Honestly. Did anyone else get caught off guard (at the release of the Hikaru VF-1S)?

I totally forgot that this was being released, talk about being under the radar......... :ph34r:

When it was orginally announced, it caught me off guard. I am a bit surprised that it's hitting the shelves before the re-release of the Hikaru 1A and Roy 1S, but I'm not complaining.

Please, Graham,

if you get a second, please take a couple of pics of your brand new vf-1s Hikaru valks... since it's going to be my first 1/48... I wanna see!!! Pleaaaseeee!!! Mercy, master!! ;)

My promise to make all .xls files you need! My promise do dirty work! :lol:

Damn... I don't believe I can stand the wait... Tammin, please, don't make me wait too much!!! :(

a (somehow) desperate mcpaz

PD: I have just lost my last nail. I'm beggining to eat my fingers. In fact, I'm writing with my ears, but that's just because I can't reach them with my teeth. Damn wait... :(

That's a rip if I ever seen one.  You're telling me I have to spend $120 for a different head???  *Sigh*, when will the greed ever end?

You're getting an entire valkyrie, not just a head. :rolleyes:

plus the box too :p:lol:

And all of the weapons, accessories, etc. MIMB :)

That's a rip if I ever seen one.  You're telling me I have to spend $120 for a different head???  *Sigh*, when will the greed ever end?

and the carrier bag :lol:

And a lighter wallet... :(

And a lighter wallet... :(

with a heavier credit.... :unsure:

Loose Canopy .......Again? 

I'm willing to chalk it up to an individual fluke until I hear more feedback (particularly Graham's review).

Just got my Hikaru VF-IS everything is ok except for the loose canopy ..............

Loose Canopy .......Again? <_<

Funny how I got a little worked up about a possible problem with another loose canopy until i realized one important thing.

Not once have I ever posed the valk with an open canopy for more than 30 seconds.

Really, who cares?

In all the pictures of the 1/48 that members have posted, open canopy poses are pretty scarce which leads me to believe that not many people leave their canopies open either. I also have a clumsy cat who loves to rub his head against things. Last thing I need is him rubbing his head up against an open canopy and breaking it off. :ph34r:

In all the pictures of the 1/48 that members have posted, open canopy poses are pretty scarce which leads me to believe that not many people leave their canopies open either.  I also have a clumsy cat who loves to rub his head against things.  Last thing I need is him rubbing his head up against an open canopy and breaking it off.  :ph34r:

I guess most people have their valks safeguarded by their pets while taking these 1/48 pictures

Edited by wasabi-elephant

My "A" had the exact opposite problem: the canopy was glued shut. The replacement canopy is loose by comparison.

My Low-Viz canopy is perfect, though. It stays open when I want it to and that makes me happy.

I compared old and new pilots last night and I can confirm that the pilot figure that comes with the 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru is a completely new sculpt and much better looking IMO.

I gotta say that this is now officially my favorite 1/48. I love this Valk.

The canopies on the two I picked up were fine, not too loose and not too tight either...."just right" as Goldilocks would say :D

However, on one of them, the air brake was very loose.

Sorry, didn't take any pics last night. Spent some quality time with my wife instead :)

Graham

Don't let him fool you. He's married so he isn't having sex. Sex is a manipulation tool women use to get you to marry them. Be warned.

:)

Edited by Skull-1

Don't let him fool you. He's married so he isn't having sex. Sex is a manipulation tool women use to get you to marry them. Be warned.

:)

You think that's bad?, wait until you are married, and they have a kid or two, then the dry spell really starts.....

It never ended for a friend of mine, 18 months later, and he still was getting none, they wound up getting divorced.

:rolleyes: that´s scarry mate , don´t ever tell that story again :lol:

back on topic :

Graham , can you confirm if the 1/48 re-issues will feature the same improvements seen in the later models (like the Hikaru 1S and Low-viz) ? that would be much appreciated , thanks.

I´m just happey we´re finally reaching the end of the VF-1 line and that new valks are coming our way.

Well, I can't 100% confirm it until I actually have one in my hands. However, I am prepared to say I am 99.99% sure that the reissue VF-1S Focker and VF-1A Hikaru will have all the improvements.

And what makes you so sure we are at the end of the VF-1 line eh? B))

Graham

And what makes you so sure we are at the end of the VF-1 line eh?   B))

Because they've milked the cow enough, her teats are cracked and bleeding!!

then she better keep bleeding until those Max and Milia -1J's get produced.

Edit: in 1/48, i mean....

Edited by Isamu Atreides 86

You know, i wouldn't mind if they made a 1/48 NON-TRANSFORMING VT-1 as long as they dropped the price to $40 or so.

Well, maybe a little bit of transformation... say... to the armless gerwalk mode. BUT NO FURTHER!

I don't need to see another bastardized battroid mode.