Latest 1/48

wasabi-elephant

Isn't the low viz an invention? hehehe. Well, at least i'm planning on getting it.

WOAH! EVERYBODY STOP! HEY! Let's REWIND back a bit here. THE VF-1A Low Viz is an invention and WILL NOT appear in Macross Zero? I was made to understand that it was! Someone sort me out!

Isn't the low viz an invention? hehehe. Well, at  least i'm planning on getting it.

WOAH! EVERYBODY STOP! HEY! Let's REWIND back a bit here. THE VF-1A Low Viz is an invention and WILL NOT appear in Macross Zero? I was made to understand that it was! Someone sort me out!

Ok. I'll straighten you out.

The Low Viz began as a custom toy, then Yamato liked it, several fans liked it. So Yamato made one and sold it. Kawamori said he liked it quite a bit.

All the speculation that the Low Viz will appear in Macross Zero is just that. Speculation.

There are no promises that it will appear in M0... thus, it is officially (as of this point) non-canon.

As far as calling it an "invention" to be praised - if one considered a paint job as drastically different where a new head sculpt isn't... you folks are silly.

All right, Aegis has got a good point. I give up this senseless arguing. I'll buy whatever toys I want and be on my merry way. Others can think whatever they want.

:rolleyes:

Yeah. I suppose we should just leave them to their little circle jerk of self pitty over a toy they don't have to buy.

tsk tsk.

The Macross toyline is only for those with completist syndrome.  My opinion, spend the $120 so Yamato has more money to make new crap :p

That's the whole damned problem. If Yamato would put out a TV Max and Milia "J" then I would spend money on those. THEN let Yamato rip the rest of you off with the "S" Hikaru (at least a customized Bandai has a different paint job for crying out loud). As it stands they'll waste money on this stupid ripoff and we'll never see the Valks that most of us really want: M&M, CF, Elint, etc. because they won't make money to spend on "new crap."

What you keep forgetting SPO is that what YOU want isn't really what's primarily on Yamato's list. because NA is not exactly Yamato's biggest market.

About the M&M, it's just a HIkaru VF-1J with a different paint scheme.

Same BS, different day.

Ahhhh the day emotions stop running hot over yamato Valks on MW is the day hell freezes over, or when yamato stops making them.

Anyway, sure the Hikaru 1S is just another VF-1. But your not being forced to buy. Why begrudge other people who want this product? Yamato makes more money, they get the resources to engineer and produce better larger scale macross plus, Macross Zero, (pray for macross 7) valks. They also get the money to make destroids, enemy mecha, and not just that, they are also giving us escaflowne toys, votoms, Big O, and that mysterious transforming toy line that they refuse to tell us anything more about (oh Graham, yamato you are such evil teases) all being produced with the money made from rabid macross/valk fans. (hey thats me! and most of us ;)

That said I am skipping the Hikaru 1S myself as I already have one Hikaru valk. Just one head varient apiece for me please (with the low viz and perhaps a milla 1J to go with my Max 1J as an exception). And just one character. So my 1/48 line up would probably be, a focker 1S, a Hikaru 1A, and a Max 1J, and the low viz. I may be tempted by a milla, that all depends if they release them togeather or seperatly.

Also look at it this way friends. Yamato has stopped selling us spare parts. So if one wanted a 1S head for there max or Hikaru they would have to buy two extra 1S Roys just for the heads, or you would have to buy some recasts. the recasts are all fine and good for those who like to model but for the rest of us who are lazy people and only build our molded in color snap models they are not that much of an option ;)

tsk tsk.

What you keep forgetting SPO is that what YOU want isn't really what's primarily on Yamato's list. because NA is not exactly Yamato's biggest market.

About the M&M, it's just a HIkaru VF-1J with a different paint scheme.

Same BS, different day.

Yeah, and this thing is going to sell like crap... It's not going to sell as well as a Max or Milia "J" would sell. It darned sure won't sell as well as the Hikaru "J" is going to sell, either. If the Japanese prefer this POS over M&M.... Talk about a reason to roll your eyes.

Yeah, and this thing is going to sell like crap... It's not going to sell as well as a Max or Milia "J" would sell. It darned sure won't sell as well as the Hikaru "J" is going to sell, either. If the Japanese prefer this POS over M&M.... Talk about a reason to roll your eyes.

Man, first you called the Japanese morons, now you're saying they prefer POSs because they don't hire you as their marketing guru? I happen to think Yamato has an inkling on what they are doing. It may be because they have more invested in their company than you do. Just because no one would buy YOUR Hikaru VF-1A doesn't mean no one wants another Hikaru DYRL valk. If you're such a marketing genius then why did you cry about your first 1/48 being the POS that it is and still think that people would buy it? Even though you fixed what was wrong with it, it's still a used toy that you had to take apart to replace the canopy into it. And you wanted a even trade for Low-Viz? A limited version valk? Yeah... marketing genius indeed... :rolleyes:

Quit your whining... if you don't want it, ignore it...

Oh yeah, funny how you can spell POS with SPO. Good thing you switched handles...

Edited by >EXO<

I don't know what all the whining is about.. the Hikaru VF-1S is THE flagship valkyrie of the DYRL line. What's more, not all of us have modelist tendencies (or if we do, mediocre at best), we're a little less anxious to tear into $120 toys just to change something up (especially after having to PAINT it)

So WTF are the rest of us who can't change things up supposed to do if we want a VF-1S Hikaru? Commission someone who CAN to do it? Let's be honest, after labor and cost of paint it would cost us far more than $120.

Price of original valk $120 (random price, pretty standard)

Custom Valk head $15-20 (again, random, just bear with me... discount this if Roy valk is used)

Cost of paint supplies $5-10 (maybe less, but it'll do for this case)

Labor commission $40-100 (no one worth commissioning to do this would do it for cheap)

Valk and parts shipping costs $15-30 (from dealer to you, from you to customizer, from customizer to you)

so, all told, I'm looking at anywhere from $190-250 just to get a valkyrie customized to look like what I could buy for $120. Yes, I probably played it a little loose with the prices, but you get the idea. I'd have to pay a buttload more and have to wait longer to get it. People like me (who disdain cutting into their expensive items just to make them look different), this is a godsend. This rant isn't particularly aimed at anyone, just try to remember that not everyone has the option (or the funds) to have custom valkyries made. A rip off?? Hardly. This is Yamato working for US. I thank them for every variant they offer simply because I don't have the skills to make them. Do I buy every one? No.

And for those of you that argue that yamato could better spend it's time producing "new" valks like M&M J variants, all THEY are is a repaint of a Hikaru VF-1J... if you want it so bad, buy a Hikaru VF-1J and customize IT. Don't want to? Ahhh, all of a sudden you start to see why the Hikaru 1S is being made.

Price of original valk $120 (random price, pretty standard)

Custom Valk head $15-20 (again, random, just bear with me... discount this if Roy valk is used)

Cost of paint supplies $5-10 (maybe less, but it'll do for this case)

Labor commission $40-100 (no one worth commissioning to do this would do it for cheap)

Valk and parts shipping costs $15-30 (from dealer to you, from you to customizer, from customizer to you)

owning a Hikaru 1S before everyone else? Priceless

Somethings money can't buy, for everything else there is YamatoCard. Accepted at toystores all over Japan :lol:

(sorry Skull One, I could not resist saying that, no jab at you as I compleatly agree with you.)

Man, first you called them Japanese morons, now you're saying they prefer POSs because they don't hire you as their marketing guru?

If you're such a marketing genius then why did you cry about your first 1/48 being the POS that it is and still think that people would buy it?

Oh yeah, funny how you can spell POS with SPO.  Good thing you switched handles...

Uh, I called them morons when it came to coming up with catchy English names and phrases. I'm about to call you a moron for being unable to read.

My 1/48 was a POS and the things I complained about were apparently fixed in the Low-Viz. So.........just because I didn't start a million dollar anti-Yamato campaign to stop everyone from buying it I lack marketing saavy? Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. People bought it because it was the only thing out there at the time! The total lack or resale value on the thing shows that it's an inferior toy. The only saving grace for it is that it was the first ever made. That may cause it to be worth something to someone one of these days... (DOUBTFUL.)

As for spelling................ I dunno about you but I still go by SPO quite happily. Take a look at my sig if you can read it.

Edited by Skull-1

actually it was all fixed in the max.

In terms of the quality rolar coaster ride for the 1/48

The 1A Hikaru had some design flaws, but QC wasn't awful

The 1S Roy had the same design flaws + major QC problems (I sold this one and plan to use the cash towards the new improved 1S, my Hikaru 1A I am fine with so I find no need to really upgrade.)

The Max and Low viz fixed the Design flaws and also have had decent QC reports

Edited by GobotFool

I had a much larger post here complaining about bashing others for their opinions since they differ from your own. I removed it since I decided it wasn't polite to single out a specific person.

Debates are fine. They have fueled humanity since the dawn of time. Just remember, you have your own opinion, that's fine, but don't deride others for their opinion.

Edited by VF-1Guy

I had a much larger post here complaining about bashing others for their opinions since they differ from your own. I removed it since I decided it wasn't polite to single out a specific person.

Debates are fine. Just remember, you have your own opinion, that's fine, but don't deride others for their opinion.

yeah I got painfully reminded of this when I posted recently, said somethings I wish I had the time to remove, but it was too late.

Berating someone for wanting a VF-1S head for a fighter they already have is stupid. He paid for the exact same fighter with the exact same paint job. Having to pay full price again for a head -- a part far less complicated than six pieces of detatchable armour which they saw fit to release -- is being hard done by.

Uh, they are selling the armor for $45-60 because it is more complicated, being a "complicated" set of "six pieces."

In other words, there is profit in it for them.

Try not to make my arguments for me. :)

And another thing. . . I'm not berating anyone here. I am pointing out that there are other forces at work other than what people really, really want. If anything, those who post here saying that Yamato are idiots and that people who want a 1S aren't much better need to be more careful about what they say. . . or at least take into account factors other than what they want. . .

H

Edited by Hurin

I'm going to say this one more time. . . these subtle variants are pure profit for Yamato. They are probably working on M&M 1Js as we speak. . . so what the heck is wrong with Yamato making money while the work is underway? The release of the Hikaru 1S doesn't take any effort, time, or resources on Yamato's part. The parts are already probably made. . . so exactly how does the release of this thing hurt you? If anything, again, you should be happy that Yamato is making money while working on your vaunted "M&M"s so that they will actually remain in business and be able to release it! They are not "wasting" money on the Hikaru 1S (as you put it in an earlier post). There is minimal outlay on Yamato's part for a large return per each valk sold.

H

I'm no fan of Hikaru's DYRL 1S, so I'll pass. End of story. But, a post made by Monkey-Nugget last month opened my eyes as to what the future holds for Yamato. According to him, there's almost no market in Japan for Yamato, their Macross toys are languishing on the shelves. Other reports from Japan corroborate this. Now, despite the fact that so few Japanese are buying Yamato products, Yamato is relentlessly pursuing even Macross bigger projects and releases. He wondered (and I agree) just how soon it will be before Yamato 's actions put themselves out of business.

Now, let's say hypothetically, that Yamato has 2-3 years left in the business before they go under. I realize this sounds selfish, but I'd like Yamato to spend these last few years making toys of significant interest (DYRL SDF-1, VF-4, etc), instead of pissing away precious time with repaints and head swaps. No one here knows how much money Yamato is making or losing, but I think it's presumptious to assume Yamato will be around forever.

Man, first you called them Japanese morons, now you're saying they prefer POSs because they don't hire you as their marketing guru?

If you're such a marketing genius then why did you cry about your first 1/48 being the POS that it is and still think that people would buy it?

Oh yeah, funny how you can spell POS with SPO.  Good thing you switched handles...

Uh, I called them morons when it came to coming up with catchy English names and phrases. I'm about to call you a moron for being unable to read.

My 1/48 was a POS and the things I complained about were apparently fixed in the Low-Viz. So.........just because I didn't start a million dollar anti-Yamato campaign to stop everyone from buying it I lack marketing saavy? Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. People bought it because it was the only thing out there at the time! The total lack or resale value on the thing shows that it's an inferior toy. The only saving grace for it is that it was the first ever made. That may cause it to be worth something to someone one of these days... (DOUBTFUL.)

As for spelling................ I dunno about you but I still go by SPO quite happily. Take a look at my sig if you can read it.

The total lack or resale value on the thing shows that it's an inferior toy.

That or the fact that you can still buy them new (tisinc99.com or Valk Exchange until about a week ago). Or that many are aware that an improved version is on the way. I have zero problems with my 1A Hikaru. Except the crooked skull.

H

I'm no fan of Hikaru's DYRL 1S, so I'll pass. End of story. But, a post made by Monkey-Nugget last month opened my eyes as to what the future holds for Yamato. According to him, there's almost no market in Japan for Yamato, their Macross toys are languishing on the shelves. Other reports from Japan corroborate this. Now, despite the fact that so few Japanese are buying Yamato products, Yamato is relentlessly pursuing even Macross bigger projects and releases. He wondered (and I agree) just how soon it will be before Yamato 's actions put themselves out of business.

Now, let's say hypothetically, that Yamato has 2-3 years left in the business before they go under. I realize this sounds selfish, but I'd like Yamato to spend these last few years making toys of significant interest (DYRL SDF-1, VF-4, etc), instead of pissing away precious time with repaints and head swaps. No one here knows how much money Yamato is making or losing, but I think it's presumptious to assume Yamato will be around forever.

Well said.

[Quote}

That or the fact that you can still buy them new (tisinc99.com or Valk Exchange until about a week ago). Or that many are aware that an improved version is on the way. I have zero problems with my 1A Hikaru. Except the crooked skull.

H

That an improved version is on the way is further proof of the original "A" model's inferiority.

I'm not sure you can judge the health of a company by how many products are left on the shelf! Since when does a company need to sell out its stock to be a success? Are all those companys' toys that I see on the shelves of KB and TRU failing!?! My god! Poor Hasbro! :)

I think you said it best at the end. . .

No one here knows how much money Yamato is making or losing, but I think it's presumptious to assume Yamato will be around forever.

Yet your entire post is based on the idea that they aren't going to make it, and they should be expending massive amounts of capital to give you the valks you want before they inevitably fail.

If they are short on cash, I still think it makes more sense to do low over-head projects and squeeze more money out of what they've already invested in, rather than invest in new sculpts, manufacturing processes, paint schemes, and marketing. But, obviously, intelligent people can disagree on that.

I try to qualify my remarks when I think it warranted. I'm not sure that making more VF-1 minor variations is the best strategy. However, it is obvious that the VF-1S Hikaru is a low outlay undertaking for Yamato. That is just sound economics and is backed up by prior experience (the skulls on the tails being crooked for two different valks is an indication they overproduce the part in anticipation of later variants. . . which lowers cost and raises profits).

What bothers me is when people assert blindly that Yamato will go out of business if they don't start making the valks they want. . . I still remember Aegis saying that Yamato would go out of business over the 1/48 and that we were all unscrupulous for consigning the 1/60 line to death with our fixation on the 1/48s. Yet, here comes the 1/60 GBP and Q-rau.

Best Regards,

H

That an improved version is on the way is further proof of the original "A" model's inferiority.

Nope. Still love mine, as many do. It is further evidence that you have very high standards for a toy. To each their own.

But I'm confused. . . which is it? If the 1A was so terrible. . . why are you upset about an improved one being available to everyone now? Are you still just beating the dead horse over the original flaws?

And, if the quality is so terrible, why would people want a 1S head to put on such a horrible, horrible valk?!? Shouldn't you be happy there is a better one out now?

So very confused. . . ;)

H

Edited by Hurin

I'm not sure you can judge the health of a company by how many products are left on the shelf!  Since when does a company need to sell out its stock to be a success?  Are all those companys' toys that I see on the shelves of KB and TRU failing!?!  My god!  Poor Hasbro!  :)

I think you said it best at the end. . .

No one here knows how much money Yamato is making or losing, but I think it's presumptious to assume Yamato will be around forever.

Yet your entire post is based on the idea that they aren't going to make it, and they should be expending massive amounts of capital to give you the valks you want before they inevitably fail.

If they are short on cash, I still think it makes more sense to do low over-head projects and squeeze more money out of what they've already invested in, rather than invest in new sculpts, manufacturing processes, paint schemes, and marketing. But, obviously, intelligent people can disagree on that.

I try to qualify my remarks when I think it warranted. I'm not sure that making more VF-1 minor variations is the best strategy. However, it is obvious that the VF-1S Hikaru is a low outlay undertaking for Yamato. That is just sound economics and is backed up by prior experience (the skulls on the tails being crooked for two different valks is an indication they overproduce the part in anticipation of later variants. . . which lowers cost and raises profits).

What bothers me is when people assert blindly that Yamato will go out of business if they don't start making the valks they want. . . I still remember Aegis saying that Yamato would go out of business over the 1/48 and that we were all unscrupulous for consigning the 1/60 line to death with our fixation on the 1/48s. Yet, here comes the 1/60 GBP and Q-rau.

Best Regards,

H

It is an outlay of capital, high *or* low, that runs the risk of alienating consumers.

Let's get real here.... It doesn't cost *that* much money to make these stupid toys, and frankly, the only thing Yamato has to change to make the DYRL "A" or "S" into a "J" is the head. That isn't exactly a high dollar change. Throw in some blue die for the plastic and you have a Max "J" that someone will want to buy as opposed to an "S" that's going to rot on the shelf.

Most of us are not going to waste money on this "S" because we are wanting something else. I want a TV Max "J" model. Period. So, Yamato is counting on people spending money... Well, I've got three hundred bucks burning a hole in my pocket and I'm ready to spend it. However, if they expect me to waste it on an "S" ripoff of my "A" they can forget it. Go out of business and I'll do without my Max if that's how they want to play it... I'm not going to buy an "S" I don't need or want in the hope that through the graciousness of their hearts they'll put out M&M.

This is a really stupid game they are playing here, if you ask me. At the very least they should survey their markets and find out what people want. I can tell you it's not a Hikaru "S" that is for certain.

OTOH, considering how badly the original "A" did, I wonder if they haven't produced tons of Hikaru "A" Valks and need a way to dump the excess supply. Swap the head out and throw it in a new box? Stranger things....

Edited by Skull-1

But I'm confused. . . which is it?  If the 1A was so terrible. . . why are you upset about an improved one being available to everyone now?  Are you still just beating the dead horse over the original flaws?

And, if the quality is so terrible, why would people want a 1S head to put on such a horrible, horrible valk?!?  Shouldn't you be happy there is a better one out now?

If they had done the damned thing right in the first place then there would be no need for an "improved one." That's the whole damned problem with Yamato...

They put out crap knowing people will buy it then fix that crap and make it into what it should have been in the first place. The people who got rooked on the original crap want something worthwhile and fork over the bucks for it, too, or walk away pissed off. Not a very sound business model.

As for putting an "S" on a horrible Valk...let's just say I've already invested the money in it. At least if I drop an "S" head on it then it's something more along the lines of what I actually *want*.

Edited by Skull-1

Whoah, you know what I want? Psychics do exist! ;)

If they are short on cash, I still think it makes more sense to do low over-head projects and squeeze more money out of what they've already invested in, rather than invest in new sculpts, manufacturing processes, paint schemes, and marketing.  But, obviously, intelligent people can disagree on that.

Bandai went down the same route with their 1/55 repaints and head swaps. If the theory you describe:

"squeeze more money out of what they've already invested in" is accurate, then one must wonder why Bandai dropped a guaranteed "cashcow" like the 1/55. After all, Bandai's over-head expenses must have been significantly less than Yamato's. All Bandai did was restore the old Takatoku molds and add a few minor enhancements. Yamato, on the other hand, had to spend money on R & D and create an entirely new and complex toy from scratch.

Yet, here comes the 1/60 GBP and Q-rau.

Yes, and what exactly happened to the the 1/60 VF-1 upgrade parts? Again, if your profitable theory of "squeeze(ing) more money out of what they've already invested in" is foolproof, then the upgrade parts should have been a profitable venture. I believe that repaints can be profitable if the toyline is popular in mainstream culture, like Gundam and Transformers. But Macross is a niche market, and it would be presumptious to assume that the business practices of mainstream toys are guaranteed to work for niche toys.

Right now Yamato's greatest weakness is its lack of variety. Popular to begin with, but the general sentiment is the same once you have one VF-1 toy you almost have them all. Even I who love the VF-1 am a little tired of it. I want Enemy mecha, destroids, improved macross plus valks, and macross zero, and macross 7. and of course the SDF-1. So I can understand peoples concerns about Yamato's milking of the VF-1 line also being the death of them, about them going under before things other than VF-1 varients are produced.

Yamato is making an effort to expand by picking up escaflowne, votoms, and big O. How successful these lines will be has yet to be determined. There is also that mysterious transforming line that is supposed to be in the works. I think they could survive if they pick up enough neglected toy lines where ravanous fans who have been neglected will snatch up whatever they can get. That seems the be the niche Yamato is pursueing. On the other hand this aproach could be the death of them if they take on series that have no real fan base. I don't know, is there a VotomsWorld out there? with tons of ravanous fans fighting each other to get the few existing vintage toys? probably not, I have seen no evidence. Yamato if it wants to survive is going to have to pick their franchises carefully.

Edited by GobotFool

[Quote}

H

I see this a totally different way. I see the rerelease as an indication that the 1/48 line (including the Hikaru 1A) sold well enough to warrent a second release. We assume it will share the minor improvements that were introduced along the way (which makes sense, they probably changed the original molds).

That TRU bundle is one huge box!

OTOH, considering how badly the original "A" did, I wonder if they haven't produced tons of Hikaru "A" Valks and need a way to dump the excess supply.  Swap the head out and throw it in a new box?  Stranger things....

Just want to point out the FACT of how well the original A did, which completely sold out in Hong Kong and various online stores with in a month, and Yamato is re-releasing it due to the demands.

Yamato is not a total newbie in the toy market. They have made many toys with various degree of success. The high price of 1:48 translate to high profit for Yamato, I doubt they are in any kind of trouble.

Let's get real here.... It doesn't cost *that* much money to make these stupid toys

I don't know exactly how much it costs to create an all-new toy. And the point is. . . neither do you. But it is certain that it is a lot less to make a variant. Especially if the parts are already lying around.

as opposed to an "S" that's going to rot on the shelf.
Most of us are not going to waste money on this "S" because we are wanting something else.
I can tell you it's not a Hikaru "S" that is for certain.

Just because you assert this, doesn't make it true. This is your opinion. I believe they will sell well. There is a certain amount of hubris in the thinking so often seen here: "If I don't want one, nobody will." And, you don't know how many they are making. If they scale the release correctly, they will make money on it. . . and that is their goal.

At the very least they should survey their markets and find out what people want.

And what makes you think they haven't? Oh yeah, I forgot, you don't agree with what they're doing. So they must not have done any market research. That's the only explanation, right?

OTOH, considering how badly the original "A" did, I wonder if they haven't produced tons of Hikaru "A" Valks and need a way to dump the excess supply.

Uh, Yamato is re-releasing the 1A Hikaru because they have sold their stock. So, uh. . . what was your point? It did badly? I'd like to see any evidence for that other than the fact that you seem to want it to be the case so badly.

Remember, just because there are toys sitting on the shelves doesn't mean Yamato isn't making money. Yamato sells them to the stores. They've made their money. After that, it's the retailers problem. And, in the US at least, the retailers generally can't get refunds for unsold stock. However, this is all moot as I have not heard of the Hikaru 1A still sitting on shelves. Valk Exchange has only had them sporadically up until now. . . and TISINC99.com is the only place I know of where you can still buy new.

The more this goes on, the more it just starts sounding like the same old thing: "I want what I want. If Yamato won't do it, they're idiots." Nevermind all the other factors in play. Heck, you said it yourself:

I want a TV Max "J" model. Period.

Well, you're just going to have to wait. And, despite how much you seem to want to believe otherwise, it makes no sense to believe that the release of the Hikaru 1S is in any way delaying a hypothetical release of the Max 1J. They are starting with a Hikaru 1J. . . dude, you're halfway there! Why not be happy about it?

H

Whoah, you know what I want? Psychics do exist!

Don't need to be psychic. . . I just read what you wrote:

I realize this sounds selfish, but I'd like Yamato to spend these last few years making toys of significant interest (DYRL SDF-1, VF-4, etc), instead of pissing away precious time with repaints and head swaps.

You too can be a pyschic! :p

Bandai went down the same route with their 1/55 repaints and head swaps.

Last time I looked, Bandai was still in business. :)

Plus, their reissues failed (I'm not even sure you can say they "failed" considering they re-released almost every single one) not because they were all the same toy. . . but because their toy was twenty years old and there were newer and cooler ones available.

Yes, and what exactly happened to the the 1/60 VF-1 upgrade parts? Again, if your profitable theory of "squeeze(ing) more money out of what they've already invested in" is foolproof, then the upgrade parts should have been a profitable venture.

Are we sure these have been cancelled? I must have missed a memo. But, I can see them deciding to concentrate on the 1/48 line and bailing on the 1/60 upgrade pack idea. But, upgrade packs and accessories are not the same as the toy itself. The economics and market dynamics are different. I would that Yamato is more interested in selling more valks first and foremost. . . which then increases their market for accessories in the future.

Just my opinion, of course. :)

H

If they had done the damned thing right in the first place then there would be no need for an "improved one."  That's the whole damned problem with Yamato... 

They put out crap knowing people will buy it then fix that crap and make it into what it should have been in the first place.  The people who got rooked on the original crap want something worthwhile and fork over the bucks for it, too, or walk away pissed off.  Not a very sound business model.

Dude, we've been through this whole aspect of your "argument" before. And I use the term "argument" loosely. Because this is just ranting, and emotion.

To sum up the arugments made by me and others in that thread:

1. For being pieces of "crap", my VF-1A Hikaru and 1S Roy sure look great on my bookcase.

2. The 1A was essentially a prototype. It was bound to have problems. The 1S used the same parts (probably the same batch of tail fins too!). . . so you do the math on that one.

3. If you wanted it to be perfect, you'd pay more for it. Perfection is not possible. I am happy with mine, and thrilled that later ones will be better.

4. To be mad that they are fixing them and releasing them for those who still want one isn't something to be upset about. . . it's giving people a choice. Choice is good. If you don't want one, don't buy it.

5. . . .

:o Oh sweet merciful crap! I just read this, written by me:

Skull 1 isn't pissed so much about the fact that there are problems with the 1S Roy. . . rather, he's actually upset that they're fixing it as they release more. If that isn't bass-ackwards thinking, I don't know what is.

I just realized that you're the guy who started that thread. Holy crap. . . I'm done here. If 93 replies to your post couldn't convince you that being upset over a toy being fixed is bass-ackwards, I can't help you. LOL!

I'm going to actually enjoy my weekend now. :p

H

Edited by Hurin

Ack...sorry Hurin too much quoting going on for me to read :) I am curious about the 1/48 line I thought it was supposed to be a special line that wasnt going to repeat everything or most of everything in the 1/60 line. Since I have all of the 1/60's I have passed on every 1/48 that is a remake of the same thing I have in 1/60 scale. So I picked up the low-viz and the Hikaru 1S and fastpacks. Now that yamato is going to release the Hikaru 1J next I will pass on that, and probably the 1/48 M&M if they ever come out. But if other variants do happen to come out that werent released in 1/60 scale I probably will consider picking them up. And even though I love the VF-1 series to death I also think its time to put out some new stuff, VF-4,VF-17 etc etc. Till then I guess I'll wait and see.