Latest 1/48

wasabi-elephant

In all the pictures of the 1/48 that members have posted, open canopy poses are pretty scarce which leads me to believe that not many people leave their canopies open either. I also have a clumsy cat who loves to rub his head against things. Last thing I need is him rubbing his head up against an open canopy and breaking it off. :ph34r:

I have a cat too and he likes to rub his head and shoulders around things in the house. Luckily he doesn't do his marking there ....wouldn't wanna fill up the valk cockpit :D

You know, i wouldn't mind if they made a 1/48 NON-TRANSFORMING VT-1 as long as they dropped the price to $40 or so.

Well, maybe a little bit of transformation... say... to the armless gerwalk mode. BUT NO FURTHER!

I don't need to see another bastardized battroid mode.

Maybe you should be writing to Hasegawa for a 1/48 Super Ostrich. What's the point of making a high quality, big scale Valkyrie toy that doesn't transform?

VT-1 Super Ostrich is supposed not able to transform into Battroid mode. Only Fighter and Gerwalk modes, as stated in the official Macross description on VT-1. (This desciption is also printed on the box of Hawasage VT-1....in Japanese.... :p )

This is why in PS2 Macross game, you can't transform VT-1 into Battroid.

I don't know why Yamato has made a Battroid-transformable VT-1.

However, page # 42 of the Macross Design Works book does have lineart for the battroid mode of the VT-1.

Graham

Beat me to the punch Graham! :p

Just wondering but do you have any news on any new Valkyries? Not that you have to tell us what yet, if you aren't allowed to. :ph34r:

But, just to keep us bouncing off the walls in anticipation (like telling kids "Yeah, I got you a present" but not giving any more info). :lol:

However, page # 42 of the Macross Design Works book does have lineart for the battroid mode of the VT-1.

Graham

Beat me to the punch Graham! :p

Just wondering but do you have any news on any new Valkyries? Not that you have to tell us what yet, if you aren't allowed to. :ph34r:

But, just to keep us bouncing off the walls in anticipation (like telling kids "Yeah, I got you a present" but not giving any more info). :lol:

My sources* have told me that the Stampede Valkyrie is next up on the list.

*(said sources being the voices in my head. They keep screaming something about a winged gundam. I think this is what they're talking about)

Well, I can't 100% confirm it until I actually have one in my hands. However, I am prepared to say I am 99.99% sure that the reissue VF-1S Focker and VF-1A Hikaru will have all the improvements.

And what makes you so sure we are at the end of the VF-1 line eh? B))

Graham

Thanks Graham , even if it´s not official I´m happy to know you´re almost sure that the re-issues will be improved. :)

In regards to my comment about the VF-1 line coming to an end , I think it´s fairly safe to say that there´re not enough variants left for the VF-1 line to continue for another 6 months if Yamato is confident enough to produce every single VF-1 in 1/48 ( whatever happened to ¨limited collectors item¨). B))

Well, I can't 100% confirm it until I actually have one in my hands. However, I am prepared to say I am 99.99% sure that the reissue VF-1S Focker and VF-1A Hikaru will have all the improvements.

And what makes you so sure we are at the end of the VF-1 line eh?   B))

Graham

Thanks Graham , even if it´s not official I´m happy to know you´re almost sure that the re-issues will be improved. :)

In regards to my comment about the VF-1 line coming to an end , I think it´s fairly safe to say that there´re not enough variants left for the VF-1 line to continue for another 6 months if Yamato is confident enough to produce every single VF-1 in 1/48 ( whatever happened to ¨limited collectors item¨). B))

VF-1A Kakizaki (DYRL)

VF-1J Max w/ FAST packs

VF-1J Miria w/ FAST packs

VF-1A Cannon Fodder

VF-1S Max (DYRL)

VF-1A Max (TV)

VF-1A Kakizaki (TV)

GBP armor

VT-1

VE-1

VF-1D

VF-1A/D Angel Birds

VF-1D Virgin Road

I don't know. If Yamato were to really milk the 1/48 line (and I mean really milk it), I'd hate to see them do it within six months. I'd have to take out a loan. :lol:

Edited by Draykov

And that's if they don't do more non-canonical LEs like the Low Vis.

VF-1A Kakizaki (DYRL)-very doubtful-

VF-1J Max w/ FAST packs

VF-1A Cannon Fodder-maybe-

VF-1S Max (DYRL)

VF-1A Max (TV)-face it guys , they hate us :lol:  :( -

VF-1A Kakizaki (TV) -yeah sure  :rolleyes: -

GBP armor -if no one buys the 1/60 I doubt they´ll invest on the 1/48-

VT-1

VE-1

VF-1D

VF-1A/D Angel Birds-unlikely-

VF-1D Virgin Road-very unlikely-

Maybe 6 months isn´t that accurate but I doubt we´ll have any further VF-1 releases for another year.

Edited by Aegis!

VF-1J Max w/ FAST packs

VF-1A Cannon Fodder

VF-1S Max (DYRL)

VT-1

VE-1

VF-1D

I never claimed they were all likely, I was merely trying to cover all the possible routes Yamato could take with the 1/48 VF-1 line if they wanted to. Honestly, I think the VF-1D might be pretty unlikely due to design constraints, but you never know. I also think that Yamato will be taking into account the fact that many customers may pass on the 1/60 GBP in the hopes of the eventual release of a 1/48 version. Many customers would want both, many will get the 1/60 because they want a GBP in any scale, many will probably wait (at least I feel this theory applies to customers outside of Japan/Hong Kong). If items like the VF-1S Hikaru (which, I imagine are largely profit) do well, that should compensate for the cost in making other things that require new molds. If they sold a 1/48 GBP as armor only, like the 1/48 FAST packs, I'd say they couldn't lose, regardless of how the 1/60 VF-1J GBP does...just my take on it.

Edited by Draykov

VF-1J Max w/ FAST packs

VF-1A Cannon Fodder

VF-1S Max (DYRL)

VT-1

VE-1

VF-1D

I never claimed they were all likely, I was merely trying to cover all the possible routes Yamato could take with the 1/48 VF-1 line if they wanted to. Honestly, I think the VF-1D might be pretty unlikely due to design constraints, but you never know. I also think that Yamato will be taking into account the fact that many customers may pass on the 1/60 GBP in the hopes of the eventual release of a 1/48 version. Many customers would want both, many will get the 1/60 because they want a GBP in any scale, many will probably wait (at least I feel this theory applies to customers outside of Japan/Hong Kong).

I know , I never said you were , I was just expressing my view on the feasibility of some of the toys posted.

I sincerely don´t care about the VF-1 anymore , in fact it´s been months since I last bought a Yamato toy (1/72 re-releases were pretty much the same old toys , 1/48 and 1/60 lines limited to VF-1 variants ) , and I feel that´s something possitive as I don´t feel the urge to go bankrupt solely for the sake of having multiple toys of the same design , if anything the only toy worth buying from the 1/48 line is the Low-vis for the sake of variety but anything beyond that is not of my interest. I hope Yamato cpontinues to supply customers with more VF-1s if they can but at this point I´m just waiting for new stuff.

I praise all of those who keep buying VF-1s , I wouldn´t be able to sustain that level of patience myself :)

I hope Yamato cpontinues to supply customers with more VF-1s if they can but at this point I´m just waiting for new stuff.

Based on what I've heard Graham say and what I've seen around the net, 1/60 Q-Rau and 1/60 Monster are the only things Yamato has "announced" so far for 2004 (I'm not sure what's going on with the YF-19 with FAST packs). Beyond that and more VF-1 action, I would bet on Macross Zero gettin' some love.

Edited by Draykov

Frankly, I love the VF-1 design. The thing is that I like buying alot of the cool ones I like. I plan on making some dioramas or build a Prometheous deck. I like to build a 1/48 SDF-1 for my 1/48s yammies but that will be a bitch to work on. And also, I suck at painting and scuplting. maybe I will just build the Armour series ships.

Frankly, I love the VF-1 design. The thing is that I like buying alot of the cool ones I like. I plan on making some dioramas or build a Prometheous deck. I like to build a 1/48 SDF-1 for my 1/48s yammies but that will be a bitch to work on. And also, I suck at painting and scuplting. maybe I will just build the Armour series ships.

While I don't think I'll be able to construct a 1/48 SDF-1 in my back yard, I am crazy for the VF-1. As a kid who grew up on Robotech I know the meaning of true deprivation. I come home after school one day to watch my precious "Harmonized" Macross and I'm watching hover tanks? ...the hell? The only toy of a VF-1 I can find is a non-transforming blob of Matchbox crap? I never had the means to buy (let alone, be aware of) the Bandai/Takatoku stuff. In hindsight, I should've at least picked up a Jetfire, but by the time I realized that, he was long gone.

Yamato can crank out as many VF-1s as they like and I'll more than likely be destitute because of it. I'm making up for what I couldn't have but longed for in my childhood.

Frankly, I love the VF-1 design.  The thing is that I like buying alot of the cool ones I like. I plan on making some dioramas or build a Prometheous deck.  I like to build a 1/48 SDF-1 for my 1/48s yammies but that will be a bitch to work on. And also, I suck at painting and scuplting.  maybe I will just build the Armour series ships.

Precisely ! the VF-1 is the icon of the Macross franchise and the most memorable valk in all the continuity without a doubt but reagardless of that I think one VF-1 toy is enough for me , in fact , one toy of each valk is enogh for me; I was also deprived (as many of us) of Macross toys as a child but I don´t feel the urge to buy every single VF-1 toy available in the market , If I´m gonna invest in a VF-1 toy I want the definitive VF-1 toy , I don´t see the point of having more than one. :)

I hope we recieve news of the new re-sculpted YF-19FP soon as well as the M0 line.

Edited by Aegis!

I was also deprived (as many of us) of Macross toys as a child but I don´t feel the urge to buy every single VF-1 toy available in the market , If I´m gonna invest in a VF-1 toy I want the definitive VF-1 toy , I don´t see the point of having more than one.

You sound like my wife. ;)

I hope we recieve news of the new re-sculpted YF-19FP soon as well as the M0 line.

Now that I've actually watched episodes 1 and 2, I'm jonesin' for a VF-0S toy. :)

Edited by Draykov

The VF-1 IS great. I would no doubt like alternatives, but they're not gonna be as successful as the VF-1 and variants.

VF-22S in 1/60 scale please (and do a 1/72 already! They already sculpted the parts!). Then VF-11C and VF-19A and S. Given how Yamato milks their sculpts (and I'm not saying this is a bad thing by any means), I wish we could see these (admittedly the 11C and 19S is gonna need some changes from the B and A, respectively but VF-19A is just a repaint of the YF-19 IIRC).

But otherwise, I'm not disapointed in having the large variety of VF-1 variations out there, even if I'm passing up the majority of them.

You know, i wouldn't mind if they made a 1/48 NON-TRANSFORMING VT-1 as long as they dropped the price to $40 or so. 

Well, maybe a little bit of transformation...  say... to the armless gerwalk mode.  BUT NO FURTHER!

Maybe you should be writing to Hasegawa for a 1/48 Super Ostrich. What's the point of making a high quality, big scale Valkyrie toy that doesn't transform?

Because #1, I can't build models to save my life, and #2, the Super-O should have never been transformed in the first place. Disgusting....

Well, maybe a little bit of transformation...   say... to the armless gerwalk mode.  BUT NO FURTHER!

Because #1, I can't build models to save my life, and #2, the Super-O should have never been transformed in the first place. Disgusting....

Well, like Graham pointed out, there was line-art for a VT-1 battroid. Just because he has a button head doesn't mean you have to kick him while he's down. ;)

Edited by Draykov

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking: the VF-1S Hikaru is here (yippee!), the VF-1S and 1A reissues have started popping up (hooray!), and the J is supposed to be out in a few weeks (whee!). What then? I wonder when/if Yamato will announce another 1/48 VF-1. I think the 1/60 Q-Rau and Monster (and possibly a YF-19 resculpt) are the big releases of 2004, but this will be the first time since the original 1/48 was announced that I haven't had some clue that another 1/48 was coming down the pipe. It's weird. What will I have to obsess about? :rolleyes:

Edited by Draykov

I was thinking: the VF-1S Hikaru is here (yippee!), the VF-1S and 1A reissues have started popping up (hooray!), and the J is supposed to be out in a few weeks (whee!). What then? I wonder when/if Yamato will announce another 1/48 VF-1. I think the 1/60 Q-Rau and Monster (and possibly a YF-19 resculpt) are the big releases of 2004, but this will be the first time since the original 1/48 was announced that I haven't had some clue that another 1/48 was coming down the pipe. It's weird. What will I have to obsess about? :rolleyes:

I'll obsess about hoping what they will release! ;)

Knudge-knudge wink-wink VF-4 knudge-knudge wink-wink :D Oh do I wish! :lol:

Maybe stuff from the Variable Fighter Experimental Program? SW-XA1? SW-XA2?

There's so many possibilities! :D

Till then, I'll be obsessively and maniacally waiting for the YF-19FP, and then I'll probably wait for the Q-Rau!

hi all

i finally decided to post

well i finally gave in and purchased the 1/48 VF-1S H w/ fastpack along with 10 of the macross mini figures

i know its nearly identical to the vf-1a except fot the head but i want a whole 1/48 squadron without duplicates so i'll probably get the vf-1j as well as other 1/48 releases damn the 1/48s are so addictive i've got all 4 previous releases and i can't seem to stop. luckily i haven't had any problems with them however i do plan to reinforce the breakable back pack hindge with some glue that dries transparently to strengthen it..... think thats a good idea???

coinsidently are the min fig close to 1/400 scale???

cause i plan to deck them out on my 1/400 aircraft carrier.

hi all

i finally decided to post

well i finally gave in and purchased the 1/48 VF-1S H w/ fastpack along with 10 of the macross mini figures

i know its nearly identical to the vf-1a except fot the head but i want a whole 1/48 squadron without duplicates so i'll probably get the vf-1j as well as other 1/48 releases damn the 1/48s are so addictive i've got all 4 previous releases and i can't seem to stop. luckily i haven't had any problems with them however i do plan to reinforce the breakable back pack hindge with some glue that dries transparently to strengthen it..... think thats a good idea???

coinsidently are the min fig close to 1/400 scale???

cause i plan to deck them out on my 1/400 aircraft carrier.

Welcome aboard, LurkerX. Yes the 1/48s are certainly addictive. As far as the glue thing...well...personally, I just plan on being super careful with the backpack when transforming rather than get glue all over or making any custom mods to reinforce it...but that's just me.

I'm not sure which mini-figures you're referring to.

By the way, might I suggest an avatar:

paint-4-big.jpg

I'm not sure which mini-figures you're referring to.

i was referring to the "macross super dimension minifigure series" i don'think they had scale in mind when they made this but i'm hoping its close to 1/400

that's a cool :) avatar however i've yet to figure out how to install it.

that's a cool  avatar however i've yet to figure out how to install it.

Just go to My Controls at the top of the page, go to Edit Avatar Settings, select Your Image Avatars and paste this link http://www.speedracer.com/media/paint-4-big.jpg (or any other picture you might want to use) in the text bar there.

Edited by Draykov

however i do plan to reinforce the breakable back pack hindge with some glue that dries transparently to strengthen it..... think thats a good idea???

Well, in a word: No. :)

I'm not sure how covering the joint with glue will actually help. The damage is done when the pin breaks the loops from within. So, well, putting something on the outside of the loops isn't going to help IMHO. . . unless it's super-hard, strong glue that dries incredibly solidly.

I think you'll just end up with a valk with a bunch of goop on its backpack.

Just be careful.

:)

H

Well, in a word: No.

"I'm not sure how covering the joint with glue will actually help. The damage is done when the pin breaks the loops from within. So, well, putting something on the outside of the loops isn't going to help IMHO. . . unless it's super-hard, strong glue that dries incredibly solidly.

I think you'll just end up with a valk with a bunch of goop on its backpack."

guess you're right i just though it may help if the point where the back pack joint actually attaches to the vf-1's body were strengthened somehow guess not :(

cause i can really see how much the heavy fast pack would stress that joint in battroid mode that's why i don't display any 1/48 in that mode w/ the fast pack for too long