Latest 1/48

wasabi-elephant

Are they going to keep releasing variants.  Sure they are.  Is Yamato in danger of going out of business?  No way.  Do I think they are almost finished with Macross...yep.  Maybe a few more years and they will move on.  Bt that is just my opinion.  Yamato doesn't have to rely on the small ilsand of Japan for there Macross Sales.

Sounds to me like Yamato is going to ride the Macross train to the end of the line. I don't see Macross being all that popular 2 years from now. It has seen a very nice resurgance, along with a number of other 80's properties, but I don't think that there is a strong enough core fan base to keep it going at this level forever. Many of the people who jumped on the Macross band wagon have gotten their fill and have moved on to other things.

I'm grateful for everything that Yamato has produced. They have given me a great Macross collection that I will be able to admire in the Macross-lean years to come.

I think Yamato will definitely stay with Macross for a at least another 2-3 more years. I mean it will take that long just to release all the upcoming Macross Zero toys and other SDF TV, DYRL & M+ goodies currently planned for production. And of course if Big West decides to release a new Macross TV series then the skies the limit and we could be looking at 5+ more years of toys :)

Graham

Are they going to keep releasing variants.  Sure they are.  Is Yamato in danger of going out of business?  No way.  Do I think they are almost finished with Macross...yep.  Maybe a few more years and they will move on.  Bt that is just my opinion.  Yamato doesn't have to rely on the small ilsand of Japan for there Macross Sales.

Sounds to me like Yamato is going to ride the Macross train to the end of the line. I don't see Macross being all that popular 2 years from now. It has seen a very nice resurgance, along with a number of other 80's properties, but I don't think that there is a strong enough core fan base to keep it going at this level forever. Many of the people who jumped on the Macross band wagon have gotten their fill and have moved on to other things.

I'm grateful for everything that Yamato has produced. They have given me a great Macross collection that I will be able to admire in the Macross-lean years to come.

I think Yamato will definitely stay with Macross for a at least another 2-3 more years. I mean it will take that long just to release all the upcoming Macross Zero toys and other SDF TV, DYRL & M+ goodies currently planned for production. And of course if Big West decides to release a new Macross TV series then the skies the limit and we could be looking at 5+ more years of toys :)

Graham

There are plans for a new macross TV series?!?!?!?!

And of course if Big West decides to release a new Macross TV series then the skies the limit and we could be looking at 5+ more years of toys :)

Graham

You didn't see the "IF" there, I take it?

I certainly hope Yamato can get to 1/60 Regult and Glaug. The destroids I can live without, though I woudln't be unhappy to see them, either. :)

And of course if Big West decides to release a new Macross TV series then the skies the limit and we could be looking at 5+ more years of toys :)

Graham

You didn't see the "IF" there, I take it?

I certainly hope Yamato can get to 1/60 Regult and Glaug. The destroids I can live without, though I woudln't be unhappy to see them, either. :)

I saw the IF Uxi, but still, I wasn't sure of Graham was implying that rumors for a new series were floating around.

Is Graham going to do a review on it? Cos this is one of hif favourite 1/48s.

Yep, I'll be doing a review when I get mine, hopefully later this week as soon as I get paid :(

Actually, it is my favorite VF-1, so I'll be buying 3.

Graham

Gosh Graham, you are buying 3 of the 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru? I really ency ya living in Hong Kong where toys prices are cheap and affordable. Im going to get two only, one for displaying and playing with and another MISB. Hope you get yours soon, cant wait to see your reviews.

Cheers

I don't think it actually qualifies as a rip-off if it costs the same as all the other valks in the 1/48 line... even if it is "just a head swap" since you are getting the rest of the valk as well.... of course if it was being sold at a premium, then I could see how one would call it a rip off.

As for me, I like it.. but I missed out on the languishing VF-1s roy version the first time around so I won't be getting hikaru's version for lack of money... but I'm not worrying because I'm sure it will languish around just like all the other 1/48s have.... yup. just like the sold out VF-1a, VF-1s and the low viz... yup, no worries.

Is Graham going to do a review on it? Cos this is one of hif favourite 1/48s.

Yep, I'll be doing a review when I get mine, hopefully later this week as soon as I get paid :(

Actually, it is my favorite VF-1, so I'll be buying 3.

Graham

Wow, then I must be a bigger fan than you Graham, cause I'm buying 6! :lol:;)

Someone payed 50 bucks for a head :blink:

Mad props on that sale.

As for me, I like it.. but I missed out on the languishing VF-1s roy version the first time around so I won't be getting hikaru's version for lack of money... but I'm not worrying because I'm sure it will languish around just like all the other 1/48s have.... yup. just like the sold out VF-1a, VF-1s and the low viz... yup, no worries.

According to multiple sources in Japan....that's precisely what is happening there. Valkyrie toys are a bust in the home islands.....

Funny, the Hikaru "A" and the Max "A" are *still* available. I thought they sold out.

Guess not. Just picked up a Max "A" for 100 bucks... Custom material.

While I respect Rob, I'm not sure him saying the same thing twice constitutes multiple sources. :)

The fact is, while certain retailers may still have some Hikaru 1As "languishing" (everyone's new favorite word) around, the retailers cannot purchase any more from Yamato because they are indeed sold out until the re-release. Dude, they wouldn't be re-releasing it if it hadn't sold well. Deal with it.

As for you picking up another Hikaru 1A after bitching and moaning about its quality problems. . . that is just priceless.

Especially after you complained so loudly (there, here, and elsewhere) that they were releasing an improved version and "sticking" you with the old one. You couldn't wait a few more weeks or a month or two to get a better nose cone, flaps, arm flexibility, and generally better QC overall?!? I assume the skulls won't matter if you're customizing.

But geez, all that whining. . . then you go buy another of the one you've been primarily complaining about all this time. . .

Not a whole lot of credibility there in my humble opinion. . .

Can't wait for you to start complaining that Yamato has now stuck you with two faulty VF-1As. . . and the tragedy/horror/unfairness of it all that there will be improved ones. . .

H

P.S. If you know of a place to get Hikarus for $100, you should really share that knowledge!

Edited by Hurin

Guess not. Just picked up a Max "A" for 100 bucks... Custom material.

Now THAT is what I'm talking about.

Where? And do they have anymore?? PM me, maybe. ;)

While I respect Rob, I'm not sure him saying the same thing twice constitutes multiple sources. :)

As for you picking up another Hikaru 1A after bitching and moaning about its quality problems. . . that is just priceless.

But geez, all that whining. . . then you go buy another of the one you've been primarily complaining about all this time. . .

Not a whole lot of credibility there in my humble opinion. . .

H, you really aren't showing much intellect here.... I have multiple independent sources in Japan (yes, I have friends there) who have confirmed what Rob said (or should I say, Rob confirmed what they said since I heard it from my friends first).

I am not buying another Hikaru. You are clearly unable to read. Try again before jumping on the aspersion bandwagon.

www.toy-wave.com

$89 plus shipping. For most folks it's $115 total. I am cheap so I don't mind waiting 30 days to get it in order to save a buck or two. I managed to talk the guy into $102 shipped! :) He's on the straight shooter list so let's hope.

My mistake. You did write Max. Apologies. Obviously, there is no hypocrisy in you buying a Max since they have the improvements.

Though, I am suprised that you'll buy from Yamato at all considering your very hostile feelings towards them.

I assumed you were trying to make the point that you can still buy a Hikaru 1A. . . since it followed so closely upon you asserting such.

Still. . . I stand by the fact that the Hikaru 1A is sold out. Can a supplier buy more of them from Yamato? No. Can anyone (especially in the US) find one easily at the normal outlets? No. The only person I've seen selling them reliably is tisinc.com. As for you "multiple independent sources in Japan (yes, I have friends there)", how can we know about them if this is the first time you've mentioned them? You referred to sources, not stating that they were your own. . . just an oblique and vague reference (which, of course, they still are). And, in case you hadn't noticed, my tongue was firmly in my cheek as I made the Rob comment. That's sorta what smiley faces mean.

Again, they are re-issuing it because it sold out. Again, deal with it.

As for my intellect. You're right, mis-reading something shows a total lack of intellect. Man, over-reaching a bit? For the record, pointing out flaws in someone's argument/logic and attacking their intellect are two very different things. One is a personal attack. One isn't. One actual requires forming a decent argument. The other doesn't. It's laughable that you seem to think playing "gotcha" with a human error on my part somehow vindicates you and shows a "lack of intellect" on my part. What's next? Are you going to start jumping all over typos!?!

Of course, I'm clearly unable to read. Your "aspersions bandwagon" comment wouldn't be so hollow if you weren't so prone to doing so yourself.

H

Edited by Hurin

I sense that someone is ANGRY!!!! :ph34r:

Seriously though, let's not breakdown into acting like kids and calling each other " 'tupid" cause we can't agree with each other! ;) Grow up.

I'm just waiting to here either the "yes" or "no" on 1/48 Macross Plus valks, regardless of whether I could use them as a skateboard or a truck. 1/55 is cool too. 1/60 ain't bad either, more economic and size handy. :lol:

Can't wait to see about that 1/72 YF-19FP while waiting though! :)

I'm sorry if this has already been adressed in the many, many "quotes within quotes" replies in this thread, but I just had to comment on something.

Did I actually see somebody bitching about Yamato not producing Max & Milia 1J's in 1/48? Dude (or Dudette) the Hikaru VF-1J hasn't even hit the shelves yet. Can they at least release that one before people whine about the lack of VF-1J repaints?

Now, I'll leave you all to your bickering.

M&M variants are far from "repaints." The 1/8 M&M will be molded in the base color (red or blue), no doubt, so that is hardly a repaint. Even so, it's better than a "renumber" (which is what the Hikaru "S" is, in essence).

Forgive my impatience. It only took me ten years to get a Max Bandai "J" and that almost didn't happen because Bandai shut the doors down on the production line. Forgive me if I wince thinking Yamato may do the same thing.

M&M variants are far from "repaints." The 1/8 M&M will be molded in the base color (red or blue), no doubt, so that is hardly a repaint.

Ok nitpicker, you've got me there. ;) I was just using the term "repaint" rather loosely to refer to a variant of a toy in different colors.

Forgive my impatience. 

Patience, young one. I feel that a M&M duo is in Yamato's future. It is....inevitable.

Besides, since people love to accuse Yamato (and, curiously, only Yamato) of reusing molds as much as possible to "wring every cent out of collectors" then why wouldn't they make an M&M combo? Given their business model, it would seem silly not to.

someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but wasn't the 1/48 line supposed to be a limited model/limited run sort of thing when it was first launched... so that there was only supposed to be the VF-1s and VF-1a hikaru and max type? and maybe maybe a VF-1j?

And now we got the low viz, the TV type fast pack armour and the VF-1j? I think maybe we should give yamato the benefit of the doubt here. They seem to be coming out with new variants and if you all wait a few more months there is the new YF-19 coming out and who knows what else... just chill people. If you don't like it, don't get it, wait for what you want and if it doesn't come out, try writing a nice letter and not calling these people idiots or morons or whatever else.

I for one am very happy with my Yamato toys... including those early Macross Plus toys.. so thanks Yamato.. without you guys I would be stuck with those ugly MPCs cuz there was noway I would spend a grand on a toy. On an ugly, anime inaccurate, twenty year old toy that had a habit of having nasty paint smears on the wings, having the little tabs holding the fast pack armour break, being pretty unposable, having no missiles, a gun you couldn't stow in fighter mode, no pilot what so ever and worst of all, people asking me, "hey, isn't that jetfire?"

Someone payed 50 bucks for a head :blink:

Mad props on that sale.

Keep in mind that the price for that head was only that high because Yamato doesn't sell them. That's not the same thing as saying that Yamato could make $50 per head. :)

H

This thread is a perfect example of why I don't like to discuss Macross  toys on MW anymore.....

Don't like it, don't buy it.

Can't wait for the Hikaru VF-1S

If Yamato were smart they'd sell extra VF-1S heads on ebay, like I did

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=3149233035

ditto. <_<

Holy S#IT!@#*!&

$52?!

*woops, late to the party :)

Edited by imode

Getting my 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru today, can't wait. I'm really excited about this toy. The DYRL VF-1S Hikaru has always been my all time favorite VF-1 varient.

Graham

Hey, Graham can you give us an update on whatever they change on this one, if any. I doubt there are any... maybe they used the rubbery material for the pilot instead of the plastic. Maybe even resculpted it(doubtful)... The newer pilots are awesome... Thanks...

OK, I just got my 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru. haven't transformed it yet, but I can confirm the following points: -

1) It comes with the improved 'Max' type nose cone and flaps.

2) It has the improved 'easy open' front landing gear doors, first seen on the Low Vis.

3) The pilot is made of the same rubber type material as the Low Vis Pilot.

4) Not sure if the pilot sculpt has been improved or not, as I don't have an older 1/48 with me at the moment to ccompare with. However, to my eyes it looks a bit better.

5) the seat head rest is the new curved design as seen in photos of the upcoming 1/48 VF-1J.

Graham

OK, I just got my 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru. haven't transformed it yet, but I can confirm the following points: -

2) It has the improved 'easy open' front landing gear doors, first seen on the Low Vis.

4) Not sure if the pilot sculpt has been improved or not, as I don't have an older 1/48 with me at the moment to ccompare with. However, to my eyes it looks a bit better.

5) the seat head rest is the new curved design as seen in photos of the upcoming 1/48 VF-1J.

Graham

graham......please share some pics...... :rolleyes:

Graham

Wow that was fast, now I'm really tempted to get it after my work today :lol: