azrael

Episode 14 Rating  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• Positive (VF-171 in action = BOMBA!)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Luca x Nanase = LOSE)

...Reaction Weaponry anyone?

Somehow the Reaction weaponry seemed so powerfull that I can't imagine the Vajra beeing a threat again

:huh:. Frontier blew up an entire battlegroup with a couple of reaction warheads ... So how did the Galxy fleet lose to the Vajra? Those techno geeks at galaxy must atleast have had a stash of overpowered warheads.

Edited by whispo

How does the Vajra control the ships? It'd be funny to see a red one manning controls and such.

Perhaps the ships themselves are other form of Vajra... This already was discussed in the Mecha thread... ^_^

Btw... I think that

Ranka somehow connected with the Queen. When Alto killed it Ranka seemed to tell him to stop... Her crying at the end was for the Vajra. Grace's plans were to have Frontier fight the Vajra all along... Now total-war has started...

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Somehow the Reaction weaponry seemed so powerfull that I can't imagine the Vajra beeing a threat again :huh:. Frontier blew up an entire battlegroup with a couple of reaction warheads ... So how did the Galxy fleet lose to the Vajra? Those techno geeks at galaxy must atleast have had a stash of overpowered warheads.

Internal sabotage I bet

So how did the Galxy fleet lose to the Vajra? Those techno geeks at galaxy must atleast have had a stash of overpowered warheads.

Maybe they didn't lose. Perhaps they want Frontier to make war with the Vajra and afterwards they will emerge from hiding to take whatever is left... <_<

Brera's reveal: I'm with the ones betting he's acting according to orders. It may or may not be true, but he certainly hasn't been acting in the Frontier's best interest up until now. Convenient that Galaxy has disappeared so nobody can answer any inconvenient queries...

He did act off orders. Grace told him Ranka was a "secondary target" and to ignore her. By going after her he disobeyed orders.

No doubt Galaxy is behind things, but how is the likely question.

Vajra fold travel time theory: Don't know if you can control speed in fold, but you can always de-fold, wait around in real space, and then re-fold. Might solve the communication issue, too, especially with a near-instantaneous drive.

Why defold at all? If SD space is anything like B5 Hyperspace, you just stay in SD space until you enter a de-fold portal.

I am not convinced the UN is behind the Vajra yet. I am toying with the notion that the Vajra were a remnant species of the PC (possibly defensive forces, post Galactic Republic fall) and the LAI found them and started experimenting on them. I tend to think the Ranka's dad was not a nice guy and maybe injected her with Vajra dna or spores...

Somehow the Reaction weaponry seemed so powerfull that I can't imagine the Vajra beeing a threat again :huh: . Frontier blew up an entire battlegroup with a couple of reaction warheads ... So how did the Galxy fleet lose to the Vajra? Those techno geeks at galaxy must atleast have had a stash of overpowered warheads.

Dude, spoiler restriction is still in place...

Just finished watching and Whoo! I loved this episode

Finally the VF-171 kicks some ass. I loved that PPB bunch, classic. I'm guessing NUNS hasn't been using their good pilots most of the time. In ep.9 two 171 fighters need help from Alto and Mikhail to deal with one lobster and here all the 171 has to do is transform, shoot to kill one and punches another yellow out. Either that specific pilot knew what he was doing or they just weren't sending out their best before.

I always say, nothing a nice nuking can't solve. They hadn't been shooting off nukes before because that is usually last resort emergency action. However when a huge Vajra fleet with it's hive folds in you are going to break out the nukes.

Speaking of that, this was the first time they went total emergency alert on the fleet and did Shell Down protocol from what I can tell. I always wondered if Island 1 did shell down what happens to the others, good to see they have their own shutters. You can see the civilians scrambling like crazy when the shell goes down, I guess considering how they don't seem to do it very often that when you are a person living there and you see the shell close you know something bad it happening. I also thought it was cool that the entire fleet has a shield of some type. They called it a repulsion field and it looked like a bunch of PPBs covering the place in a skin tight veil.

Considering that the Quarters Hyper Quantum Reaction Cannon doesn't look as powerful as the original SDF-1 Macross cannon it sure can pack a punch. Granted before it fired Alto threw everything he had on the Queen's chamber, but just one shot and the whole hive blows up.

Also Alto's VF-25 looked amazing in full armor. I noticed how it looks so different is because he has better contrast. Ozma has a gray hull and with the armor packs his VF looks very dark colored but Alto has a very vanilla colored valk so with the armor on you can tell where the armor meets the Valk.

R.I.P. Raramia.

So much still and still more to come because of subs. Can't wait! I will be rewatching this one a lot!

I'm still confused as to where the gunpod came from. I mean, the 171 has much thinner legs than the 17 (which is where the gunpod is stored on the 17) and used the same type of gunpod. When it transformed it was already in the battroid's hand as it did so, but you can't see where it came from because it was behind the wings.

I DEMAND TO KNOW :ph34r:

Alto had one of those Michael Jordon moments where everything in sight was terminated with precision and no one this episode was a better pilot.

I'm not sure, but he MUST be the better pilot to save ranka or Ozma kills him

Well, that certainly was exciting, interesting and heart wrenching all at the same time. A great episode.

The VF-171 finally got some love. I hope that makes a lot of fans happy. The punch looked like a pin-point barrier effect, very similar to the Macross Quarter in episode 7 and the Macross Frontier in this episode.

I'm very interested in a body count. Some of the "deaths" were so sudden and over so quickly, it's hard to say who died for sure, except Raramia in her Queadluun-Rea for certain. But is Mikhail and Luca also deceased?

I gotta hand it to Kawamori and Co, they had balls to up the stakes like that. Macross Frontier is definitely a lot more hard-nosed than it has been up to this point. I was also surprised with the breaching of Island 1. It very much echos the innocent casualties the SDF-1 Macross suffered in the original series as poor civilians were sucked out into space from the Vajra attack. I have to say the drama is soaring high because of the stakes at play here. This war is becoming a reality check for both the characters and the audience. My hats off to Kawamori and Kikuchi.

The Vajra are really playing up the angle I have on my mind so far and the writers are milking it for what it's worth. Ranka is obviously attached to the Vajra just as I thought and is the one beginning to see the Vajra in a sympathetic light, as per my theory. At the same time, the many deaths in this episode will drown out Ranka's pleas for peace should she make them. It's a perfect tragedy that Shakespeare himself would appreciate in prinicple if not execution :)

Bring on more. This series is proving beyond a doubt it's willing to throw every punch it can muster.

I'm still confused as to where the gunpod came from. I mean, the 171 has much thinner legs than the 17 (which is where the gunpod is stored on the 17) and used the same type of gunpod. When it transformed it was already in the battroid's hand as it did so, but you can't see where it came from because it was behind the wings.

I DEMAND TO KNOW :ph34r:

I just did a frame by frame check of the transformation, unfortunately the frames don't show the transformation (nor te weapon holder). One fram the 171 makes a backwardsloop the next frame a shade of the batroid version appears over it and the next frame shows it in full batroid mode. My best guess is that it's already attached to the arm of the 171. Sorry maybe next time we'll get a decent look at it

:)

Also pretty cool that frontier has it's own diamond squadron

:D, I wonder who the nameless leader is

Edited by whispo

I'm very interested in a body count. Some of the "deaths" were so sudden and over so quickly, it's hard to say who died for sure, except Raramia in her Queadluun-Rea for certain. But is Mikhail and Luca also deceased?

Mikhail: Heavy Injured, last seen taken away on a stretcher on the frontier, probably likely he'll survive.

Lucas: Took a hit to his Radome, Fighter salvageable, probably wasn't hurt.

Raramia: Queadluun-Rea blown to space dust. Seeing that she has not had any speaking parts at all during the show, she's probably dead.

Island 1: Numerous people sucked into space, hundreds probably dead.