Watch Aliens much Shoji?

ComicKaze

Wow, this last episode just brings back more homages or perhaps sheer lift offs from Aliens like the infested guantanamo crusier. Everything from the government experienmenting on aliens for research to the egg layer, the holes melted into the ground...

Somehow I wanted something a little more elegant for the Vajra than for them to look like another Aliens cloned storyline.

Ozma: "All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the SMS! A day in the SMS is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I LOVE the SMS!"

Klan Klan: "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

Maybe that should be Grace´s line not Klan´s.

And Luca listing the stuff LAI make:¨Check it out! Dimensional/Fold bomb. Vwap! Fry half a planet with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...¨

If one is going to steal, steal from the best. IMO, Macross Frontier episode 13 is the only production I've seen that actually does the Alien/Aliens concept justice. Everything else from the 1986 sequel onwards has sucked soiled ass :)

Cathy: (when she dies in Leon's hands) "You always were an as$hole Leon" (sorrry my dear mods, but it is a movie quote)

Sheryl: "This is the express elevator to stage baby, going up!" (not voice wise, but it seems to fit :))

Cathy: "You're going there to destroy them, right? Not to study, not to bring back" (right before the quater goes in to the Vajra hyve)

Ranka: "Vjara mostly come out at night .... mostly"

Leon: "I like your hair" (his voice fits Bishop's)

Ozma: "All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the SMS! A day in the SMS is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I LOVE the SMS!"

Klan Klan: "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

Hey, maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked, pal!

This thread has possibilities. :lol:

Brera upon encountering the Vajra Queen onboard WTF-1

Brera: Get away from her you Bitch! :lol:

Canaria on the deck of the Dulfim & preparing to fire at the Vajra

Canaria: LET'S ROCK!!! :ph34r:

Crew being brief about SMS being pressed into military service in times of emergency or war

Wilder: Any Questions? What is it Mikhail?

Alto: Alto, sir. He's Mikhail.

Wilder: What is it Private?

Alto: How do I get out of this chicken-sh*t outfit.

Ozma: You secure that sh*t, Alto!

VF-25 Crashes due to D-Pulse Jamming

Alto: That`s it man! Game over man, game over! What the f*ck are we gonna do now! What are we gonna do?! Ranka: Why don`t we build a fire, sing a couple of songs! Why don`t we try that?

Briefing Room of Macross Quarter Enroute to Rescue Operation of Dulfim & Kaitos

Alto: Is this going to be a standup fight, sir, or another bughunt?

Ozma: All we know that is there still is no contact with the colony, and that the Vajra may be involved.

Luca: Excuse me sir, a what?

Ozma: The Vajra.

Mikhail: It's a bughunt.

Cathy speaking to Leon about the loss of life at Gallia-4

Cathy: These people are dead, Leon! Do you have any idea what you've done here? Well I'm gonna make sure they nail you right to the wall for this--you're not gonna sleaze your way out of this one. Right to the wall!

Edited by grss1982

government experienmenting on aliens for research to the egg layer,

Except that the only Alien film this actually happened in was Alien Resurrection, and I refuse to believe that anybody in their right mind* would want to emulate that movie.

*Yoshinol-deranged or otherwise

Next you're gonna tell me a lot of anime has borrowed from Blade Runner.

And the funny thing is Ridley and Co. are probably only vaguely aware of the astounding influence Blade Runner has had on anime, if at all. I'm not sure any of the special features I watched on the 5-disc set mentioned anime, though it may have been in passing.

Considering how many anime titles have had obvious references or inspiration from ALIENS...

Next you're gonna tell me a lot of anime has borrowed from Blade Runner.

No no no, anime is completely original and free from all foreign influences, it's pure and sacred! SACRED!!!! :p

And the funny thing is Ridley and Co. are probably only vaguely aware of the astounding influence Blade Runner has had on anime, if at all. I'm not sure any of the special features I watched on the 5-disc set mentioned anime, though it may have been in passing.

That's actually a good point... I don't remember anything about it being mentioned in the extras that I watched. And yet, nearly every 80's science fiction anime had some aspects influenced by it.

Er...while I'll grant there's some broad similarities, I think it's a bit much to say it's a rehash of Aliens, especially with so much yet to be revealed. So far though, I can't recall multiple government/corporate entities in Alien, one of whom was trying to ensure war between the humans and aliens.

To be honest, I came away from episode 13 with a distinct Ender's Game vibe, regarding the Vajra. Things are getting interesting.

So Ranka is preggers with a vajra queen belly burster? :p She's part human, part zentraedi, part fast pack, and part vajra, and a partial clone of the original Ranka. The vajra queen we saw was taken out of a previous clone that was a failure.

So Ranka is preggers with a vajra queen belly burster? :p She's part human, part zentraedi, part fast pack, and part vajra, and a partial clone of the original Ranka. The vajra queen we saw was taken out of a previous clone that was a failure.

Ranka is truly a super dimensional cinderella, with many species/machine dimensionally packed into her. ^_^ What will happen to her when the clock hit midnight? Will Alto hime be there to save her?

Wash off the water proof soap, and splash Alto after midnight. He becomes a she.

Heh, when watching episode 13, when Brera came in guns blazing to protect Ranka I immediately said "get away from her, you B**CH!", and half expected the Vajra Queen to hiss at him.

Ranka is truly a super dimensional cinderella, with many species/machine dimensionally packed into her. ^_^ What will happen to her when the clock hit midnight? Will Alto hime be there to save her?

She's also a toaster, but nobody will discover this hidden power until just before the final episode, when Alto has some English muffins...but nowhere to cook them!

She's also a toaster, but nobody will discover this hidden power until just before the final episode, when Alto has some English muffins...but nowhere to cook them!

Or when she dies prematurely and resurect onboard the resurection ship (the megaroad 01)

Oh Ranka will have something baking in her oven care of Alto, but it won't be english muffins!

Wash off the water proof soap, and splash Alto after midnight. He becomes a she.

I LOLed! :lol:

Or when she dies prematurely and resurect onboard the resurection ship (the megaroad 01)

Wait, I thought Grace was the final cylon.

alien homage?

are you telling me somewhere in this series, 50 years after SW1, there's the one true perfect clone of Minmei hiding somwhere? and that the vajra queen has taken some of minmei's DNA as well, and she will give birth to the vajra-minmei hybrid??!

waitaminute.. the queen already did!! and her name is Ranka!

VFTF1, add that to your family tree. :D