Newbie Questions on Macross

You I've always been wondering about these conflicts where do they come from?

What is their source material?

What were they about?

July 26, 2035

* The Delta War.

# February 13

* Planet Avemaria Dispute.

# August 9

* Planet Hydra Civil War.

June 7, 2037

* UN Revolution War.

May 25, 2038

* Planet Salvation War.

You I've always been wondering about these conflicts where do they come from?

What is their source material?

What were they about?

July 26, 2035

* The Delta War.

# February 13

* Planet Avemaria Dispute.

# August 9

* Planet Hydra Civil War.

June 7, 2037

* UN Revolution War.

May 25, 2038

* Planet Salvation War.

It's all stuff that shows up on the computer screen when Guld was checking Isamu's history. So although there's no information about what any of them actually were, at least we know that Isamu was involved somehow.

It's all stuff that shows up on the computer screen when Guld was checking Isamu's history. So although there's no information about what any of them actually were, at least we know that Isamu was involved somehow.

Or he is the source of the conflict, Isamu the war maker :lol:

And I'm sure the brass COMPLETELY missed it..."Gosh, every place this guy goes ends up erupting into conflict! He's got a good nose for rooting out trouble...offer him a promotion!" :lol:

When you think about it wasn't one of the reasons why the AVF came to be is because of colony disputes?

Isamu wasn't even part of the Dancing Skulls or the VFX Ravens.

Come to think of it the Zentradi riot of 2030 at Macross City Isamu may have been in a school field trip then.

Oh he doesn't like promotion.

If you think making Isamu an admiral would stop any trouble he could cause, you're dead wrong. Now he would be an admiral that insists on flying, and have the rank to pull his ass out of the fire (and why not, if Captain Max Genius can take matters into his own hands?).

but think Admiral Isamu = Skydiving New Macross Carrier

:blink: I support this idea, Admiral Isamu bridge bunnies must be hawt :blink: Hell, I want him used the NMC gunship as a club and start beating the Protodeviln.

hi, just a little question:

I've read somewhere that Macross TV serie contains initially 27 episodes...after a big success, they made 9 more episodes.

This is my question:

i'm interested in cel, genga and others...and i've discovered that all material production seen in the 27th episode is written on them #ep.25...

So is it possible that originally there is only 25 episodes?? ( hope you'll understand what i mean...sorry for my poor english..)

Why on all material production (you can see Mokman gallery on rubberslug) refering to ep.27 it's written on genga ep.25??

( ie this link sdf pan genga #25)

Thanks.

I've read somewhere that Macross TV serie contains initially 27 episodes...after a big success, they made 9 more episodes.

This is my question:

i'm interested in cel, genga and others...and i've discovered that all material production seen in the 27th episode is written on them #ep.25...

So is it possible that originally there is only 25 episodes?? ( hope you'll understand what i mean...sorry for my poor english..)

Why on all material production (you can see Mokman gallery on rubberslug) refering to ep.27 it's written on genga ep.25??

The Animeigo liner notes should answer that for you. --> http://animeigo.com/Liner/MACROSS.t

This is my question:

( ie this link sdf pan genga #25)

Thanks.

I believe that may be right, since I think I remember reading (in the Animeigo liner notes...?) that Global Report and Phantasm were listed as episodes 13.5 and 16.5, respectively.

Can someone back me up on this...?

EDIT: Ninja'd by Azrael...who manages the neat trick of backing me up before I've even asked for back-up. Now THAT'S helpfulness! :lol:

Edited by Gubaba

HI all,

Stupid question beyond this point....

Other then the name of ASS1, is there any other definitions for "macross"?

No. Although I supposed it could be a descriptive acronym -> Macro Star Ship.

They wanted to call SDFM "Macbeth" at some point for some weird reason in planning of the series, I think, and Macross was a compromise.

Edited by hulagu

HI all,

Stupid question beyond this point....

Other then the name of ASS1, is there any other definitions for "macross"?

I take it you mean the original macross vessel since you mention ASS1. ASS1 actually only refers to it pre-restoration. Once rebuilt it's not called ASS1 anymore, but SDF-1 Macross. That's the only definition I know, (not counting "Ship of alus" from Macross II).

Ok, having seen the last ep of frontier... what was the reason for showing the Macross 11? I haven't seen (or care for) Macross 7, does it have to do with that? Fair enough showing the SDF-1 in that montage, but i don't get why the Macross 11 was so important - and also, why did it have crazy pipe/wing things either side of it?

Dunno why they showed the Macross 11 in particular, but each Macross fleet seems to be a bit different. Early New Macross Class city-sections didn't have the clamshell dome. Macross 7 had those attached sections like where Fire Bomber lived. I could only guess what those pipe/wing things were.

Ok, having seen the last ep of frontier... what was the reason for showing the Macross 11? I haven't seen (or care for) Macross 7, does it have to do with that? Fair enough showing the SDF-1 in that montage, but i don't get why the Macross 11 was so important - and also, why did it have crazy pipe/wing things either side of it?

Just to show the extent of the Vajra's reach. They could have used Macross 9, 12, 15, 17, 20, etc... Now, people who have knowledge of Fire Bomber American, know that Macross 11 is origin of this band and the current residence of Lynn Kaifun. But that's trivia. It's just a random example of where the Vajra can go.

Think it was mentioned somewhere, maybe the English Fire album even?

From Macross Compendium

January

* Fire Bomber American responds to an interview during an in-studio practice session.

February 21

"Macross English Anticipation Manga"

* Fire Bomber learns about the English Fire!! album release from the Fire Bomber American cover band.

Spring

* Fire Bomber American's English Fire!! album gains widespread popularity.

Macross Dynamite 7: Mylene Beat

* Mylene Jenius ponders independence by starting her own act and gig aboard the Macross 7.

Macross Generation

* Aboard the Macross 9 fleet, aspiring idol singer Passero encounters Wolf, an assassin on the run from the Mafia, and Rafale, a Cosmo Bike Racer.

Macross Dynamite 7

* Basara Nekki journeys across the galaxy alone.

* Basara Nekki embroils himself in a conflict between Galactic Whale poachers and the patrol force on planet Zola.

July 23

Macross Digital Mission VF-X

* 1920 Earth Standard Time: The idol singer group Milky Dolls are captured during a concert and taken to an abandoned colony planet.

We need to update the Compendium regarding the November Cosmo Nature article published by Mao, Ranshe and Frakking Grace on the V-Type infection.

Oh Fire Bomber American is a bunch of liars saying Fire Bomber ripped them off their songs.

Then again what can you expect if their manager is Lynn Kaifun.

He is such a dick even in his old age.

A question about VB-6.

Bombs & Missiles:

6 x missile launchers (mounted in arm sections facing rearward in Destroid mode, forward in GERWALK mode, stowed port/starboard of center dorsal section in Shuttle/Bomber mode); missiles capable of firing in Shuttle/Bomber mode by extending missile launcher units or extending two rear auxillary barrels.

My question: where's the auxillary barrels? I can't see any in the lineart.