Newbie Questions on Macross

I haven't bought any non-DVD/CD Macross Merchandise in ... a very long time. Probably not since the late 80's early 90's. I'm a newbie collector, but I'm a Macross Frontier fan, as well as a big fan of the original SDF-Macross. Are there any relatively new "Must have" items I should be aware of?

This is VF-5000 right?

Correct. The main fighter of "Macross 3D VFX" was supposed to be the VF-5000. When production of the show went belly up, they reused some of the animation they had created in the intro of VF-X2.

I got a question... any idea on how exactly the Vajra evolve...there's something I don't understand

Ai kun was first the cute little worm, then he turned into a flying stinray and then to the Michael murderer huge ass form and perhaps will later turn to the red lobster

but errr...on episode 13, when Alto and Ranka are on the forest and get scared by the mini vajra, it looks a lot like big Ai Kun... so, is this a different breed or what, they do have a few slight differences

post-4448-1220994421_thumb.jpg

post-4448-1220994427_thumb.jpg

I got a question... any idea on how exactly the Vajra evolve...there's something I don't understand

Ai kun was first the cute little worm, then he turned into a flying stinray and then to the Michael murderer huge ass form and perhaps will later turn to the red lobster

but errr...on episode 13, when Alto and Ranka are on the forest and get scared by the mini vajra, it looks a lot like big Ai Kun... so, is this a different breed or what, they do have a few slight differences

WAFO. Series is still ongoing.

Perhaps Ai-Kun changed to mini Vajra too before turning into sting ray... but this is just a theory though... :mellow:

Btw...

I didn't know where to post this question, so here it goes...

What happened to Nene Rora? Haven't seen her since Episode 14 of Macross Frontier. :blink:

(And no, the dead S.M.S. lady from episode 20 wasn't Nene...)

<_<

post-7862-1221025922_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

haha...good question, there is no love for her...

guess Ai Kun is 'special' hahaha, will wait for the end of the serious and then ask a sh!tload of unanswered question...

mmm...I got a non-Frontier related question

I never played any of the macross dreamcast and PS games, I think I read here that Max and Millia get to pilot some VF-4's, did their valks had the usual blue for max and red for millia scheme?? if so, anyone got any image of it...

I never played any of the macross dreamcast and PS games, I think I read here that Max and Millia get to pilot some VF-4's, did their valks had the usual blue for max and red for millia scheme?? if so, anyone got any image of it...

Macross M3. There's more to this place than just a forum.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/games/...t_homevideo.htm.

oh, hahaha, thanks...didn't knew we had a game section on the main page, usually check the model/toys and magazines, hehehe

YUCK!!!!! those VF-4 schemes are disgustingly uninspired, guess I'll come up with my own...

thanks Azrael

I happen to own an import Dreamcast version of Macross M3... Is this worth anything? I don't play it and I would sell it if it was worth something. I guess it is good to have for reference...

I played it a few times but without a translation of what was going on I had a hard time appreciating it. It looked good and played better than that crappy Robotech Battlecry game.

And my girlfriend would not help me translate it :(

I paid $75 for it new back in the day...

Best,

RF-26

Edited by RF-26AAC

Ooooh, VF-9 looks nice...

*digs up some pictures*

As long as you don't see a GERWALK... and ignore the pope hat.

Moaramia too. Hopes Klan grows up like her.

I've been looking the Compedium list of Anti-UN ships.

What the heck is an Atlantic Class? A sea ship or space ship?

just read the wikipedia entry on Shin Kudo, and whoever wrote it said:

"In Macross Frontier, a movie is shot, based on the auto-biography of Shin, suggesting that he returned to earth."

Did MacF ep 10 actually say that it was an "auto-biography"? what i remember is that it was based on the events in the life of shin kudo, but never mentioned who the source of the information is.

just read the wikipedia entry on Shin Kudo, and whoever wrote it said:

"In Macross Frontier, a movie is shot, based on the auto-biography of Shin, suggesting that he returned to earth."

Did MacF ep 10 actually say that it was an "auto-biography"? what i remember is that it was based on the events in the life of shin kudo, but never mentioned who the source of the information is.

No, actually more like the story was declassified by the UNG and likely Mao told or wrote about it before the 117th fleet was lost.

Just like the Minmay TV Movie in Macross 7, meant for propaganda and recruitment purposes.

It's like saying "Roy Focker,Hikaru Ichijyo and Shin Kudo what do they have in common? They are heroes and they are Valkyrie pilots. Want to be like them? Join the military today!".

No, actually more like the story was declassified by the UNG and likely Mao told or wrote about it before the 117th fleet was lost.

Just like the Minmay TV Movie in Macross 7, meant for propaganda and recruitment purposes.

It's like saying "Roy Focker,Hikaru Ichijyo and Shin Kudo what do they have in common? They are heroes and they are Valkyrie pilots. Want to be like them? Join the military today!".

Don't really think the "Bird human" movie was primarily conceived as a militairy propaganda and recruitment stunt.

watching Mac7 Dynamite... cos it downloaded first... and I like the animation quality...

...and I kinda like Basara (as a character, not as in the 'i think he's hawt' sense)

Is that normal?

Perfectly fine. Most of the people who have a problem with him here do so because of the TV-series. And then there's people who don't have a problem with him at all. He's quite a lot calmer in dynamite, doubt there's going to be anything that'll make you really dislike him within the four episodes.

Did the VF-0B appear on Macross Zero or did it just only appear on Macross Design Works?

M0, in the background in episode 1. It wasn't officially giving a designation until the Hasagawa kit was released.

I didn't even realize it was in Macross Design Works! I just thought it was something Hasegawa cooked up as a model...

Either way, the answer is no. It wasn't in Zero.

s-vf-0b.jpg

I just wish this has a higher resolution.

Guess that makes the VF-0A, VF-0D, VF-0S and the Orguss Valkyrie for a stunt team I'm thinking for my fic.

I second Gubaba.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that it's not in Kawamori Shouji Design works (VF-0A and VF-0S). In addition, the scan RedWolf posted is from the liner notes of MO eps. 01 and is of the VF-0A.

The VF-0B is a two-seater (based off of the art on pg 14 in "Tenjin Hidetaka Art Works of Macross" (box art for the 1/72 kit).

Very newbie question, have been watching frontier but still don't know. What is the symbol that replaced the old red/white symbol?? The yellow hexagonal symbol is from the private company right???

The old UN Spacy kite has been replaced by new NUNS symbol (probably to avoid dispute with HG stuff). The hexagonal symbol is the SMS symbol.

Very newbie question, have been watching frontier but still don't know. What is the symbol that replaced the old red/white symbol?? The yellow hexagonal symbol is from the private company right???

Well it seems NUNS flags today is the flag of their respective fleets.

Notice the VF-27 has a different symbol.

This is not unpresidented. UN Spacy Galaxy Patrol of Zola have their own flag on their Valkyrie.

Yes that is the SMS symbol.

Well it seems NUNS flags today is the flag of their respective fleets.

Notice the VF-27 has a different symbol.

This is not unpresidented. UN Spacy Galaxy Patrol of Zola have their own flag on their Valkyrie.

Yes that is the SMS symbol.

Ok, thank you!

The old UN Spacy kite has been replaced by new NUNS symbol (probably to avoid dispute with HG stuff). The hexagonal symbol is the SMS symbol.

As Frontier has gone on, I've really begun to doubt that it was changed to avoid any disputes with HG, mostly since the kite has shown up, to say nothing of the VF-1A on top of the school and the WTF-1...