Macross Frontier Episode 4 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 4 Rating  

202 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think about episode 4?

• Positive (Go Ranka! Go Alto!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion (explain)
    • Negative (Girl can't sing and the boy can't fly straight)

I think you're right, I seem to remember the gun kind of floating loose in the wreckage when he grabbed it. Since valks are designed to be roughly the size of a zentran, it would make sense that a zentradi infantry rifle would be useable for a valk.

You should learn to use the "spoiler" function in the "Insert Special Item" drop down, Az might take exception if you ignore his spoiler rule before the 24 hrs is up.

Anyway, first of all it didn't look like a Zent rifle, secondly it did look like the shoulder cannon on the Q-Rau,which are relatively new.

So it is doubtful it is any sort of Zentreadi infantry weapon.

Anyway, first of all it didn't look like a Zent rifle, secondly it did look like the shoulder cannon on the Q-Rau,which are relatively new.

But I'm pretty positive Klan said that it was.

I'll watch it again tonight, and make sure, though.

Maybe Leon knows that Lanka's singing attracts the Vajra... can you imagine what would happen if Lanka becomes Miss M?... she'd be singing every hour... by the end of the week every Vajra and their uncle would be on top of Macross:Frontier if that happened. Leon is clearly the smartest man in the shed... LOL

Exactly what I was thinking.

You should learn to use the "spoiler" function in the "Insert Special Item" drop down, Az might take exception if you ignore his spoiler rule before the 24 hrs is up.

Sorry bout that, forgot that wasn't common knowledge yet. Fixed now.

omgggg klan klein is gaaaaaay. what is this, sailor moon? did we really need a character like that in this show?

besides that the epsiode was awesome.

No, Klan's not gay...BOBBY is gay!

And yes, yes this IS Sailor Moon.

according to michel she's "genetically challenged!!!" lol

Ok, I'm officially in love with

Klan Klan for being so sexy in Zentraedi form and so adorably cute in micron form.

:D:wub:

But I can't help but love every single female in this series!!! I don't hate any of them and it seems at this point we have a few possible relationships:

- Mikhail (Michel) and KK

- Alto and Sheryl or Ranka

- Ozma and possibly Catherine seeing as how she gave Leon that awful look during the contest (YAY!)

- Luca and Ranka maybe? It seemed like he was teased or something at some point about Ranka? I dunno, just a guess

Just my thoughts, I'M LOVING THIS!!!!!! :D

Watching it again, I realize I almost totally screwed up my attempt to translate the Luca and Mikhail scene. Luca says, "

I wanted to see it...Ranka's figure

." to which Mikhail says, "

You have a different target

." But I'm not sure if he's referring to

Alto and Ranka's obivous attraction

or to

the upcoming training with Klan.

according to michel she's "genetically challenged!!!" lol

Is THAT her problem? Hmmm...

What is it with this show and funky Zentradi genetic traits that we've never heard of or seen before...? (Although this one bugs me less than Ranka's prehensile hair.)

Here's a shot of it:

Looks like a

:ph34r:

A little bit different design from the

B))

Definitely not a

gu-11 gunpod

. :lol:

treatment is right it is the same type of gun that the Q-Rau has mounted as its cannon as can be seen in the first two pics provided by treatment (which is the same cannon mounted on the Male power Armor, it appears the SMS added the Male armor cannon along with either two tanks for the cannon or balancers to the Q-Rau) if you look at time index 13:14 in episdoe 4 youll see the male armor cannon is detached and has a handle to it, which is the gun Alto used. I wish to put forth that the male power armor in the past (ie Macross and macross DYRL, had an advantage over the female armor in that the hand weapons the male armor carried could be used by downed pilots since there was no internal storage for a gun in the cockpit area. It would make perfect sense that the shoulder cannon could do the same thing and be detached and have a pull out handle for hand use, if this theory is correct it would explain the use of the gun in frontier and could be included in the macross world with out rectaconing as it was simply a feature that we never got a chance to see used before and why Alto knew that he could use the detached cannon. It would also explain why it was added to the SMS Q-Raus to give them and extra medium to long range heavy weapon other than missiles and their close in chest and arm guns as well as provide the downed pilot should they live a weapon to use just like valkyrie pilots and male Zentraedi have had.

Okay...Klan says,

"Zentradi weapons are excellent. Even after thousands of years, they still work." There's more, but I can't pick it out yet. But she DEFINITELY says that.

And the gun is shown next to the Zentradi skeleton when Skull Squadron first gets close.

So no, it doesn't look like any Zentradi infantry weapon we've ever seen, but that's what it's presented as.

And again, is it really so far out of the realm of possibilty that the Zentradi had weapons 7000 years ago that they didn't have later? Or maybe they did, but we just didn't see them in SDF or DYRL...?

I knew Kuran-Kuran's voiced sounded familiar......

that's Revy from Black Lagoon

!

Is it one voice actress doing both macro AND micro Klan...?

I would like to know as well as Revy from balck lagoon was one of my favorite anime characters and

KK

is too

I found a new rule in Macross Universe:

- Corpses can rot and decayed into skeleton, even in vacuum condition of deep space

:lol:

he may not have died in vacuum, there was a ship in the debris as well, he could have drifted out over time and as other object would undoubtably smash into him and the ship over time in an asteroid cluster. But like others have said it probably a reference to Maxs famous DYRL kill, he could have shared a similar fate and a laser burned the flesh away.

Edited by Sorata

Um, I'd question that.

I've seen raws in 1920x1080 which IS the HDTV resolution. If anything the resolution is down converted to 1280x720 which is standard digital resolution.

If you up convert, you will get minor pixelation and dithering, which the higher resolutions didn't have and it would be 1080I, not 1080p which is noticable, particlularly on PC monitors.

If it is indeed not broadcast in 1080p, then it is certainly broadcast in digital resolution which is higher than analog's 720x480.

Sorry that I couldn't stop myself from correcting things regarding HD...

HDTV is resolutions 720p, 1080i/p. And there's no such thing as Standard Digital Resolution though there's a Standard Defination resolution which is PAL or NTSC which is 576i/p or 480i/p respectively.

The convertion of the Resolution is call up/down-scaling, and there're softwares/devices/machines to do the Scalings at minimal loss of details that u won't even get to spot it on a 50" 1080p HDTV.

I'm not good on computer hardware so I have no idea on the part interlace or progressive scan will make any different on PC monitors but I do know the diff(in graphic) between 1080 interlace or progressive could only be spotted on any HDTV(that support 1080i/p) that's 42" or bigger.

Sorry for the above Off-topic. :ph34r:

BTW

Can someone please please make the gif of the scene Mikhail used his finger to block Klan's "rapid attack" in Nyan Nyan?

The action was good in this ep, I liked the way Alto killed the Vajra, and the Queadluun chase. I noticed that they're not called Q-Raus, but Qeadluun-Rea or Queadluun-Lea or something like that, implying a new designation. Also the victory stance was funny.

Other than that, I dunno. Somebody mentioned Sailor Moon, well, not exactly but I totally got the same vibe. Someone else mentioned how all the women in this show are so lovely or whatever; I'm afraid I think they're absolutely awful. This Klan person is a total eyesore when she is in giant mode and when sho is micloned I felt I was watching some whole other show. It's like someone changed the channel I was watching, I almost shouted, "Change it back! Change it BACK!! No Moe sheet!"

Ugh, ugliest episode so far. Yes, still better than anything else on TV in the last few years, but remember I said that about Aquarion.

(I get it's all the more annoying because I KNOW they can do better. Still, they're right on par in the action department.)

To paraphrase Notorious BIG, "Mo Moe, Mo Problems".

Part of me wonders if the genetic glitch is more than just size with KK.. maybe the change actually gives her an entirely teenaged biostructure.. it obviously doesn't change her memories, but could it alter her in such a way that shrinking has the effect of putting her body through puberty backwards? A screwed up hormone system could definitely explain a few things about her.

We haven't really seen enough of her in macro form to tell if her personality is different, but she seemed much more laid back in the hangar to me.

DSC04025.jpg

I needed that :lol:

Somehow it always seem that voice actors portary the same role no mater the charcter (kinda like movie actors get type casted) as Revy and KK have a lot in common in the attitude and skill area but KK has a softer more commical side than the one revy eventually and slowly shows throughout the two seasons of Lagoon toward Rock.

Edited by Sorata

Just running through bits of the episode again, trying to pick out who won the contest.. assuming it's that girl in the red dress they show (I can't tell what they're announcing at that point, I'm guessing it's the winner), it sounds like her name is Miata Marin... Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the actress favored to win the original Miss Macross named Janice Marin?

I have to say too, the more I hear of the end theme, the more I think of Cowboy Bebop.. the intro to the song is more strings, but the second half picks up that same kind of swing/jazz-ish groove that the Bebop ending (Real Folk Blues) has, only even better. I love when Kanno does jazzy. ^_^

Edited by Chronocidal

Sorry that I couldn't stop myself from correcting things regarding HD...

HDTV is resolutions 720p, 1080i/p. And there's no such thing as Standard Digital Resolution though there's a Standard Defination resolution which is PAL or NTSC which is 576i/p or 480i/p respectively.

The convertion of the Resolution is call up/down-scaling, and there're softwares/devices/machines to do the Scalings at minimal loss of details that u won't even get to spot it on a 50" 1080p HDTV.

I'm not good on computer hardware so I have no idea on the part interlace or progressive scan will make any different on PC monitors but I do know the diff(in graphic) between 1080 interlace or progressive could only be spotted on any HDTV(that support 1080i/p) that's 42" or bigger.

Sorry for the above Off-topic. :ph34r:

BTW

Can someone please please make the gif of the scene Mikhail used his finger to block Klan's "rapid attack" in Nyan Nyan?

I read on a thread by AiA that there's no real HD RAW and that all of the ones being posted have been upconverted, so I compared all of the ones I've downloaded to the SD versions out there and they do in fact look blown up, so far, to my eyes, the Q-R raws have the best PQ, so I will use those to make the first 4 episode DVD of MacF with Gattai *.ass files. On the other hand, I have yet to come across a 1980 raw, so I wouldn't know how those look.

I noticed that they're not called Q-Raus, but Qeadluun-Rea or Queadluun-Lea or something like that, implying a new designation.

From the March 08 Hobby Japan magazine article (see attcahed), I seem to recall they were called Q-Rau Lamda, or something like that. Perhaps somebody can translate again.

Graham

post-11-1209119298_thumb.jpg

You know after watching this episode for the billionth time I came to an epiphany

Unlike Alto-hime I couldnt fight a Q-Rau, call me shallow if you want, but I couldnt do it I mean look at the three pilots of these Q-Rau, and then their was Miillia and Chlore before that etc. etc. I would have only two options to me.

A. run at the sight of a Q-Rau and find another opponet that way no one can call me a coward as I would still be fighting (and hoping my allies are blind or

B. grab the Q-rau from behind and hold it till they run out of ammo or become to exhausted to fight or surrender when they realize the battle is over already and they are surrounded

granted B is not a wise option for cannon fodder pilots (then again any Q-rau isnt an option for cannon fodder guys)

Yep call me "Shallow the Macross Word Forum Guy Formally Known As Sorata" but can you blame me I mean come on can you blame me after this... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/Stu...MBSx2641280.jpg

or can you blame this face

Edited by Sorata

Ugh, ugliest episode so far. Yes, still better than anything else on TV in the last few years, but remember I said that about Aquarion.

If u hated the moe that much, then u r going to kill yourself after the next one, heh... (that is, if the story develops just like that of the manga, hehehe).

Btw, after watching this episode I just came to this conclusion:

Ranka is ANIMA SPIRITIA. The Vajra are a biomechanical lifeform created by the Supervision Army Protoculture to hunt down & kill ANIMA SPIRITIA. That's why they're after Ranka.

Whaddya think?

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

If u hated the moe that much, then u r going to kill yourself after the next one, heh... (that is, if the story develops just like that of the manga, hehehe).

Btw, after watching this episode I just came to this conclusion:

Ranka is ANIMA SPIRITIA. The Vajra are a biomechanical lifeform created by the Supervision Army Protoculture to hunt down & kill ANIMA SPIRITIA. That's why they're after Ranka.

Whaddya think?

If that were true, sometime in the future we'll be seeing Ozma or Alto saying:

Listen to my song! Fire! Bomber!

Personally, I hope not.