Mostly the Mospeada

EXO

wha?? Your dissatisfied by REd Zeta Legioss/tread CM goodness?

Mainly because of the price really. :(

Why don't Toynami distribute the CMs Legioss And Tread and bring them over as mospeada toys? I'm sure people who bought the mospeada dvds would recognise this thing and want a proper toy of it. Their timing is off. By the time they get their own robotech beta fighter thing out, people will have forgotten what the mech was from. There could be new fans of the show they're missing out on, not just old fans from the 80s.

Anyway it would be cool if in robotech the dark legioss was like the vf-17 and due to RDF laws they were banned from use or something because people on the good side of the invid alien race felt threatened by them. Officially they were seen as being a threat to relations between invid (who are peaceful) and humans. (possessed by the need to expand and push their powers further out into invid controlled territories which the invid use to feed on the protoculture weeds which allow them to go on magic trips to other dimensions like DMT) But secretly the invid can evolve and magically shapeshift into human form to act as spies, so the humans feel the need to spy on the invid with this technology.

The thing is this: what I want the dark legioss to be is a black ops mecha that isn't used in plain sight for all to see. Only for special missions. That way they can bring back the colourful Legioss types for future shadow chronicles shows as grunts. (like the VF-11 in macross 7) The invid are obviously the good guys fighting the shadow people but the humans are like the guys caught in between, not knowing if they could properly fight against the bad guys themselves but not caring because they were raped by the invid from the third robotech war. :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Still can't say anything concrete but Wonderfest is coming very quickly and I've heard from a couple different sources now that there is no CMs Dark Tread and that the CMs Dark Legioss is just a pre-release. I believe they may also be pre-releasing the Blow Superior there as well as having a few exclusives.

Still waiting for the perfect legioss/tread toy... sold mine to Shawn... Hopefully our fearless site owner likes these CMs more than I do.

Can't wait for that CMs Blowsuperior though. Especially with the ugly heads! haha.

Still waiting for the perfect legioss/tread toy... sold mine to Shawn... Hopefully our fearless site owner likes these CMs more than I do.

Can't wait for that CMs Blowsuperior though. Especially with the ugly heads! haha.

How can you resist the blowsuperior??

You said it before, they're giving head with it!!!

:lol::lol:

probably already posted but:

http://www.collectiondx.com/node/2685#comment

yeah the toynami cyclone = scrapped. Fans of that one might be pissed.

You guys buying the US beagle ride armor/cyclone version with "exclusive head"? (shaddup).

What is wrong with the beagle's original head? I'm scared the US version head of the beagle ride armor will fall off or something now.. I just want a non-robotech ride armor under 'mospeada' title, not necessarily as a robotech toy.

Masterpiece Cyclone

Beagle version - Toynami version is scrapped

Expected price point $130- $140

Exclusive head for US market

Masterpiece packaging same size as Beta packaging

That price point is interesting.

Looks like at least Toynami give good head...

...sorry

That price point is interesting.

Looks like at least Toynami give good head...

...sorry

Well Toynami's release of the Beagle will be only $130-$140? Yet Beagle is still trying to release their version that they made for about $180-$200. :wacko: I'll definitely have to wait and see what price is going to be final. Cool toynami's comes with another head (beagle's looks nice already), but my problem being is the uncertainty of quality from beagle and toynami. Personally I'd just like it if toynami kept the original packaging of the beagle and just slap their sticker on it. Still its too early tell anything.

As for the betas at least from the video the toynami representative said the connection would be strong, but not strong enough to turn upside down and do barrow rolls with. If I heard right it cups into the alpha.....which sounds like CM's horrible linkup I think I might just stick with my CM's tread thank you very much.

Edited by SuperHobo

The extra head for the Beagle version has been shown already in the proto pics. So I'm pretty sure it's gonna be there. The Beagle comes with a lot of options including alternate hands, different heads, 3 different guns and the fuel cell watchamacallits. The Japanese version is scheduled late fall this year, that probably means Xmas, while the Toynami are scheduled Spring 2009. Even at a lower price point, it's gonna be hard to resist getting it for even if it costs a lot more for me... it looks so damn good!

The extra head for the Beagle version has been shown already in the proto pics. So I'm pretty sure it's gonna be there. The Beagle comes with a lot of options including alternate hands, different heads, 3 different guns and the fuel cell watchamacallits. The Japanese version is scheduled late fall this year, that probably means Xmas, while the Toynami are scheduled Spring 2009. Even at a lower price point, it's gonna be hard to resist getting it for even if it costs a lot more for me... it looks so damn good!

I do concur.....this is going to be top notch. If you want.....you can buy me one when it is first released. :D

:ph34r:

Don't forget the Toynami Beta preorder price fiasco. I do hope Toynami'll be able to offer the Beagle Ridearmor for less that the Japan SMRP, but is that even possible? I mean if the toy costs 200 in Japan, it should cost the same State side. Granted you save a lot of money in shipping and customs, but you still have to pay the 200 dollars, right?

"Exclusive head" means that the Toynami version will have an extra helmet-less swappable head that the japanese release will not have? I hope it's not a smiling one this time.

Im kinda excited from viewing that video, as much as I have felt burned by the alpha/legioss. Im hopeful that its great, as it looks nice in both modes IMO.

As for the exclusive head, it just looks like the toynami version has big anime eyes, just carefullly look in the helmet of original head, and you will see it looks more realistic. I prefer the realistic one!

Heres hoping that price is maintained, and QC iisn't an issue!

yeah the toynami cyclone = scrapped. Fans of that one might be pissed.

What about the Toynami Cyclone that is a re-stickered Megahouse Ride Armor?

The Toynami is on delayed pre-order forever while HLJ just got a restock of the Megahouse.

The Tread/Beta looks nice in the other colors but will celebrate when we have it.

Why must Mospeada fans suffer.

First the drought. Collecting old Gakkens on Ebay.

Then hope.

Super Posable Alphas were okay.

MPC Alpha not so good.

Super expensive EX Beta combo.

Weird all at one time Ride Armor toys.

::sigh::

I'm not suffering at all, i have mega(haha)cool MH ride armours, and my dream legioss and tread ONLY marred by a patheitc linkup.

And we got Blowssupierieir coming out, and soon enough Houquet.

AND we have the possibility of commander inbit mecha, which i regard as just as cool as the legioss/tread.

Oh baby... you weren't that good!

haha.

no no.....you must have me mistaken for another Ninja.....I "AM" that good.....and stealthy too. :o

what extra head? you mean they will only include the helmeted head and not helmetless head?

Here ya go mate...now don't forget me if you end up wanting to unload that Sketch....for free of course :D

LINKY

Ohhhhhhhhhhh i thought you guys were talking about the beagle one getting an exclusive head... sorry >_<

Here ya go mate...now don't forget me if you end up wanting to unload that Sketch....for free of course biggrin.gif

Only for...

DrEvil.jpg

"One HUNDRED B I L L I O N DOLLARS!"

:lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Ohhhhhhhhhhh i thought you guys were talking about the beagle one getting an exclusive head... sorry >_<

Only for...

"One HUNDRED B I L L I O N DOLLARS!"

:lol:

:lol::lol::lol: .....I just wet myself :blink: .....

lol... i'll be pissed if they don't include Houquet's swappable head (providing beagle makes her), if they go that way they can forget about my money.

I feel ya on that... <_<

Err.. guys go watch the collection dx youtube vid. The us version of the beagle gets a different head. Not sure if that means it's "extra", or just replaces the japanese original manga-esque face or not.

vid here:

summary of what's in vid:

http://www.collectiondx.com/node/2685

---snip----

Masterpiece Cyclone

* Beagle version - Toynami version is scrapped

* Expected price point $130- $140

* Exclusive head for US market

* Masterpiece packaging same size as Beta packaging

---snip---

Would love both of them though!

either way fans of either robotech or mospeada....you will....

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=kfwj2IVc4OI

....WIIIIIN!! :p

I love that song. :p Honest! nostalgia.....

see the replies people made. rofl!

I love the battle....but I wanted to shoot myself during the song. To make it even worse....I wanted to shoot myself in the belly....so it would be most painful. :mellow:

This goes against the grain of common sentiment in these parts, but I'll let 'er rip. I don't give a damn for the status quo. I think that what NamiToy is trying to do is quite admirable - acting as an importer/distributor for Japanese issue toys is a giant step in the right direction. At the same time, it looks like they are really trying to cater to what a lot of US collectors have wanted for the longest time - I mean, upgraded head sculpts and new paint versions of the venerable 1/55?! Bring it on, man (with the caveat that they do not f**ck with anything else)!! A stateside distribution of the Beagle Ride Armor? For ~ $130-150.00?! Sign me up! A full complement of Tread/Beta toys with at least a little nicer Legioss linkup (and a better Alpha/Legioss sculpt) than what CMs has offered? Sounds good, so long as you can get past the Tread's cockpit logistics.

I am very well aware that most are pretty gun-shy when it come to ToyNami, and can very well understand why based on previous issues, but honestly - they do appear to be at least trying to appease the collectors, and that is worth something. If they can execute without any hiccups, I'll be the first (even before Jenius :p, lol) to sing their praises.

I would be the first to slap my head and say "What?" in response to some of the stuff that George says in Josh's video, except that Duke Togo beat me to the punch :lol:. Just give the poor guys a chance before you condemn them. Out.

Edited by Hiriyu

Man, if I had no idea what he was talking about, I'd say that George is the best salesman ever based on that video.

"Look at these heads Tommy designed? Aren't they awesome? They're sculpted exclusively out of win! They're so perfect it hurts." :rolleyes:

Screw this "exclusive" head BS. I want something that looks like the cartoon I watched, not this "updated" Yune-ified garbage. Can't HG and all ancillary licencees learn to just leave well enough alone?

And somebody get Sohn a freaking dictionary, so he can learn the difference between "exoskeleton" and "endoskeleton." Or, just watch Terminator. It's on DVD, ya know?

Finally, I'm not sure what the point is of bringing in these re-re-reissued 1/55's? Sure they'll move a few units based on the improved design, but by this point I'd think that anybody who wants a vintage-styled Valk (sorry George, not gonna call 'em Very-teks) would have their fill of them.

Maybe there are casual macross fans who are actually vintage toy hunters. So they want the old school stuff? (like how people buy transformers 25th aniversary prime?)

OR..could just be that the fan is a dad and thier little kid likes macross and after watching it, the only child-safe valk is the chunky munky. :D

Seriosly though: bandai. It's time you upgrade the vf-1 already. Maybe you guys can make your own version of the 1/48 VF-1 and push the yamato 1/48 VF-1 toy out of the market?

-Make it have the twoseater cockpit.

-make it have tampo printing everywhere. -

-Give it really strong quality ratchet joints. -

-Improve the sculpt so the chest isn't so wide.

-Man Hands!

-cheaper price! FP included cheap.

-leaner GBP armor

-small boxes

-all missiles able to be kept on the valk in battroid mode while the wings are swept down all the way without being obstructed

-swappable heads for customs

-side parts

Then get toynami to release it. And by the time yamato makes V2 1/48, you will have the head start.

You got to be like bruce lee in fifibeat's avatar. :D Use your speed to your advantage!

Why must Mospeada fans suffer.

First the drought. Collecting old Gakkens on Ebay.

Then hope.

Super Posable Alphas were okay.

MPC Alpha not so good.

Super expensive EX Beta combo.

Weird all at one time Ride Armor toys.

::sigh::

Well summarized!!!

Ok, so on Toynami's part what we have so far is:

-MH Ridearmor Yellow ver. - December release.

-Beagle Ridearmor packed with exclusive Tommy Yune head in Toynami bookstyle packaging (and Endoskellingtonâ„¢) - "End of the year, possibly we'll have it for Christmas" release.

-1/55 Telescopic and resculpted head upgrade and previously unreleased versions - Pending on public's feedback.

-1/100 Regult - Pending on public's feedback.

-1/100 GBP - No release date.

-1/100 Series 4 and weapons set - No release date.

-Betas - No release date (The Betas aren't listed at Twinmoons anymore and no sign on them at RT.com either BTW)

I wonder where this guy makes the money from?

Did George said that the connecting piece slides back IN the Beta? There's a second connecting piece for Battroid mode, that couldn't possibly slide in, but the fighter connecting piece looks too long for that too. I also find curious that nobody asked him about the Beta release date.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy