Batman: Gotham Knight

wolfx

One word: Sweet

The Batman cartoons have traditionally been deemed in a very favorable light. With Japanese studios doing the animation? Should be interesting.

Right now, the Batman franchise is back on track after the disastrous derailing of the late 90s. This is another great indicator of its successful return. All thanks to Batman Begins ^_^

One word: Sweet

The Batman cartoons have traditionally been deemed in a very favorable light. With Japanese studios doing the animation? Should be interesting.

Right now, the Batman franchise is back on track after the disastrous derailing of the late 90s. This is another great indicator of its successful return. All thanks to Batman Begins ^_^

the 90's? You mean Bat Nipples right? :p "i think this batsuit needs nipples" NEVER AGAIN!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Great idea, seems like a spin on the Batman: Black & White trade paperbacks. I wonder how different the various art styles will look if it'll be a varied as the Batman episode that had the modern, Dick Sprang, and Frank Miller DKR looks.

BTW, just saw the new Justice League: The New Frontier DVD movie and it is really good. Way better than the recent Superman: Doomsday, Brainac Attacks, and even some of the recent Batman direct to DVD movies. Captures the spirit of the comic pretty closely with just minor plot points taken out to fit the time restrictions. Looks like DC Comics is moving ahead with more mature themes and even violence which ramps up the blood count from the Superman: Doomsday video to a bit more extreme deaths in New Frontier.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Thanks for the article. Heard about this a while back but I was wondering if Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman are on board for the voice talent.

Really looking forward to this and hopefully some figures from maybe Kaiyodo or Kotobukiya to go along with it.

Don't know about the others, but I do know that Kevin Conroy will be voicing Bats. "Who is he?", you ask? The voice actor for Batman: The Animated Series, and in the Justice League cartoons

Basically the longest running player of Batman in the franchise's history.

SWEET! Can't wait for this - Production I.G can do no wrong!

Otougi Zoushi - the whole second half

Blood+ - not very well-written to say the least

Le Chevalier d'Eon - the whole Russia arc

Reideen - not very well liked

For every GITS:SAC and Seirei no Moribito, there's something gone horribly wrong.

Don't know about the others, but I do know that Kevin Conroy will be voicing Bats. "Who is he?", you ask? The voice actor for Batman: The Animated Series, and in the Justice League cartoons

Basically the longest running player of Batman in the franchise's history.

Kevin Conroy's doing the voice? Now I'm completely sold. I often find manga/anime-style Batman representations a little off-putting... maybe I'm just a little biased to seeing an American style for so long... so I was a little on the fence. But I love Conroy's portrayal. It's pretty much iconic for the character, in my opinion.