Bandai Reissues!

Guld

The reissue line-up looks just like the reissue of 2003 (or 2004?). Tomahawk, Phalanx, Glaug, etc. No Regults or other destroids... :(

Bummer! Hopefully more variety shall be released this time around! :)

Yup I'd like a 1/72 Glaug. Its the only scale I'm interested in.

Yup I'd like a 1/72 Glaug. Its the only scale I'm interested in.

Totally agree! Don't wanna have too many scales of kits and toys, just don't fit in.... If they re-issued the kits that they think can sell, what the hell are they thinking not to release Glaug, Regults and Destroids in 1/72?? :wacko:

Totally agree! Don't wanna have too many scales of kits and toys, just don't fit in.... If they re-issued the kits that they think can sell, what the hell are they thinking not to release Glaug, Regults and Destroids in 1/72?? :wacko:

They probably realise that I've got them horribly outgunned with my kits, so they just gave up & went for the safe stuff :lol:

Just kidding, that's the cold medecine kicking in.

Seriously, the Glaug, Rau and Ger are all projects I plan to tackle at some point, but they certainly won't be cheap, so I have to spread them out.

Three of several yet left. I would consider doing other earth-based support craft like choppers or recon aircraft if the demand is there.

I know it's not really related, and at risk of crossing into dreaded robotech territory, I'd love a hovertank from SC.

Everyone bashes Bandai kits, but I like the 1/72 variables, I thing gerwalk mode on them is excellent. It doesn't matter because any model is as good as the work you are willing to put into it.

i like them too, but their super frail chest-to-hip leg connectors, nose swapping, & its own version of the BP8 hinge kinda ruined it for me.

that being said, the 15-year-old sculpt & manufacturing are no match for anything being made right now.

pretty much like choosing between a 1970's 1/100 RX78 Gundam & a 2006 1/100 MG 'One Year War' RX78, no contest at all. <_<

the only things that stand a chance are the 1/55 toys. mostly because they're indestructible thanks to the same 'ancient' manufacturing technology.

bottom line: i want more reissue 1/55's :lol:

I know it's not really related, and at risk of crossing into dreaded robotech territory, I'd love a hovertank from SC.

Your lucky it's the holidays. I have a can of napalm here that twitches whenever the "R" word is mentioned... :lol:

But I have to ask why? the hover tanks were pretty lame IMO. Probably my least liked design.

They probably realise that I've got them horribly outgunned with my kits, so they just gave up & went for the safe stuff :lol:

Just kidding, that's the cold medecine kicking in.

Seriously, the Glaug, Rau and Ger are all projects I plan to tackle at some point, but they certainly won't be cheap, so I have to spread them out.

I'm not so bothered about them if you are going to get round to em one day.

Your lucky it's the holidays. I have a can of napalm here that twitches whenever the "R" word is mentioned... :lol:

Stand in front of the mirror and say Robotech three times. :p

Edited by big F

Three of several yet left. I would consider doing other earth-based support craft like choppers or recon aircraft if the demand is there.

I think the demand is there. I'd like to see your take on the Cat's Eye and some other kits. They've been done but they're nowhere near 'Moscato Perfect'.

Stand in front of the mirror and say Robotech three times. :p

Noooooooo! that's more horrible than saying "Candy Man" or "Biggie Smalls" in front of the mirror. :lol

Edited by Busted VF1A

Well this is great new's from Bandai, no more having to look at people trying to sell a VF-2SS for over $60.00 and VF's for $45.00 plus, this is great. As for collectores that get mad about re-issues they should be smarter as Bandai re-issues everything they can I if I had a company like Bandai I'd do the same. The Bandai models may not be state of the art but they are classics. I wonder how many collectors got their nose out of joint at Hasegawa for re-issueing the SV-51 with twin boosters and the VF-0A/S with Ghost and they are marked as limited editions.

I'm just glad that all those people who ask stupid inflated prices for these kit's (Ebay sellers mainly) will end up stuck with models that they more than likely paid twice the price for.

I'm just glad that all those people who ask stupid inflated prices for these kit's (Ebay sellers mainly) will end up stuck with models that they more than likely paid twice the price for.

Couldn't have said it better myself :D now where the hell are those 1/72 Glaugs, some Ebay robbers/ thieves are trying to rob $200 for one!!

I think the demand is there. I'd like to see your take on the Cat's Eye and some other kits. They've been done but they're nowhere near 'Moscato Perfect'.

Mmmm "Moscato Perfect" That should be a grading factor for kits a bit like Mint in box or still on card. "this kit is Moscato Perfect"

You get the idea.

I'm hoping they feel some SDF love and bring out a reissue don't bother with the small stuff though Bandai.

Other than a variety of 1/100 macross stuff, they dont seem to reissue the 1/72 stuff other than valks....

Yep, *sigh* and the ebay sellers breathe a little easier and relist their jacked up prices... :(

edit: I shouldn't whine, it's not jacked up prices, it's just economics

Edited by cowie165

Yep, *sigh* and the ebay sellers breathe a little easier and relist their jacked up prices... :(

edit: I shouldn't whine, it's not jacked up prices, it's just economics

Maybe Bandai just want to see how the range will go so they picked what was really popular and if they sell well then they will re-release the other kit's, makes sence from a marketing standpoint. I'm just glad the VF-2SS is there as I refused to pay US$60.00 plus for a little model kit, I've even seen them go for more, crazy.

Maybe Bandai just want to see how the range will go so they picked what was really popular and if they sell well then they will re-release the other kit's, makes sence from a marketing standpoint. I'm just glad the VF-2SS is there as I refused to pay US$60.00 plus for a little model kit, I've even seen them go for more, crazy.

I understand where you're coming from but the line-up is just the same as 2004 when I bought my 1/100 Glaug, 1/100 and 1/72 variables. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it goes well and more lines are reissued B))

Hey it could be a good time to stock up on all the destroids and become an ebay gouger too! :) VTIC

• 3 weeks later...

Please forgive my seemingly newbie questions - but as I've never built a model - not even a snap-fit MG kit - I need to ask:

1) How many pieces do these generally have?

2) How tall are they?

3) What's the poseability like?

And finally... if anyone has pictures of the Spartan, Tomahawk, Regult, Glugaloogualogoo (could never remember), and the Quid-Rau - I'd appreciate seeing :)

VFTF1

Please forgive my seemingly newbie questions - but as I've never built a model - not even a snap-fit MG kit - I need to ask:

1) How many pieces do these generally have?

2) How tall are they?

3) What's the poseability like?

And finally... if anyone has pictures of the Spartan, Tomahawk, Regult, Glugaloogualogoo (could never remember), and the Quid-Rau - I'd appreciate seeing :)

VFTF1

There is a model kit database with pictures of the sprue or instructions on the main site. just follow the link.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models...els_plastic.htm

Its just sad. Nobody looks at the main page anymore ^_^

I surf the main page all the time. Love looking at the old school goodness. I just dont like the build quality of the old kits is all. But all my favorite subjects have been remade in plastic or resin within the past 6 years so im all good.

As for Bandai reissuing the same (Ex IMAI)kits over and over again, I am pretty sure that they don´t even have the molds for the 1/72 destroids, 1/200 Monster, 1/5000 Macross Fortress etc. . On some japanese collectors site I have read that those molds are considered "lost" whatever that means.

I wonder where the Arii molds have gone, none of those except the variable 1/100 Valks have ever found their way to Bandai and Arii themselves have only reissued the small stuff (10 years ago) - where are the 1/5000 Storm Attacker, 1/72 Glaug + Tomahawk and the retooled 1/100 Regults? "Lost" as well? Just curious...

The biggest loss -at least to me- is the IMAI 1/72 VF-1 D Gerwalk - not the transformable one! This one was based on the "raven-nosed" Gerwalk and Super-Fighter kits but they added a completely reshaped nose that looks fantastic. The only old 1/72 Gerwalk kit that looks good out of the box (except the Hands) IMO. I have only ever seen it once on E-Bay but got outbidden.

The sad part about the "lost" molds are that they are of the coolest kits! I'd love a 1/5000 SDF - again. I lost the bridge and a couple of other parts in a move on mine. The VF-2SS coming back is cool. Even though it's not canon, I still like it! - MT

As for Bandai reissuing the same (Ex IMAI)kits over and over again, I am pretty sure that they don´t even have the molds for the 1/72 destroids, 1/200 Monster, 1/5000 Macross Fortress etc. . On some japanese collectors site I have read that those molds are considered "lost" whatever that means.

I wonder where the Arii molds have gone, none of those except the variable 1/100 Valks have ever found their way to Bandai and Arii themselves have only reissued the small stuff (10 years ago) - where are the 1/5000 Storm Attacker, 1/72 Glaug + Tomahawk and the retooled 1/100 Regults? "Lost" as well? Just curious...

The biggest loss -at least to me- is the IMAI 1/72 VF-1 D Gerwalk - not the transformable one! This one was based on the "raven-nosed" Gerwalk and Super-Fighter kits but they added a completely reshaped nose that looks fantastic. The only old 1/72 Gerwalk kit that looks good out of the box (except the Hands) IMO. I have only ever seen it once on E-Bay but got outbidden.

OMG, I never ever noticed that-after all this time. Wow! They did make a big imporovement. :)

Guys, sorry if this has been brought up/explained already, but is the re-issue of the 1/144 Q-Rau actually poseable?

And does it come with canopy closed feature? I pre-ordered! :) I'm really wanting a good half poseable Q-Rau for my awesome 1/144 Valks. :p I have got the 3rd mission Q-Rau and Glaug from - http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN922039.

Love the Glaug to bits. What scale are these again?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Guys, sorry if this has been brought up/explained already, but is the re-issue of the 1/144 Q-Rau actually poseable?

And does it come with canopy closed feature? I pre-ordered! :) I'm really wanting a good half poseable Q-Rau for my awesome 1/144 Valks. :p I have got the 3rd mission Q-Rau and Glaug from - http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN922039.

Love the Glaug to bits. What scale are these again?

Yes, the 1/144 Queadluun Rau is poseable. As a matter of fact, right now I am staring at it's 15th anniversary re-issue (from 10 years ago, still unassembled...)

Since this re-issue is essentially the same kit from 25 years ago (originally by Imai), it doesn't employ poly caps at the joints. So if you play with it too much, the styrene-on-styrene joints will become loose.

The canopy is movable, so you can open and close it as much as you want. Inside is half of a pilot figure with arms bent(no room for the legs.) But if you prefer, you can build the pilot standing upright with arms straight.

You can select the missile hatches on the back-pack to be opened or closed. But the legs missile hatches can only stay closed as there is no part for open hatches.

By the way, it comes with a water decal sheet, too.

LeDudeModele