Bandai Reissues!

Guld

I dunno, I kinda built most of those 25'year old models like 15 years ago.

I don't get Bandai. They don't make new valks because macross doesn't sell well, then they point to their poor Macross models sales..models that are like as old the show itself..

I don't get Bandai. They don't make new valks because macross doesn't sell well, then they point to their poor Macross models sales..models that are like as old the show itself..

Plus your looking at 15 year old plus molding techniques.

Lucky for you. I didn't have any money at that time... So I'm quite keen to get a couple of these kits now. I would look forwards to going to town and doing up a couple of these... the Glaug in particular.

:blink: How do you know that? Are they getting them through a time machine :unsure:

Yeah M J Fox is on the Board of Directors, and you know what car he drives. :p

I'm going to wait until one of you guys gets one and tells us all about how good/crap it is :)

Edited by big F

Go back and check HLJ again. Yesterday they were all listed as "order stop" but today they are available to pre-order again. Hurry while the're still available. (no early bird tho)

Between 200 and 500 yen more for new box art?

At least improve the VF-2SS so it can be made without armor.

Not for box art. For inflation. It cost less to produce them when these were orginally released. Plus they are probably doing a smaller run of the re-releases (which costs more per unit) and if we're lucky they might have thrown in some improvements (not likely) and used more modern formulations for the plastic making them less brittle (more likely). Add to that general greed and you end up with a higher price tag.

Well, BanDai translated into bad English means reissue/no limited edition, so be prepared for more reissues, not only models!

Knowing how they reissued other toys and models in the past, I doubt they will change anything, especially minor re-tooling, where substatial amount of money is involved with little profit value.

Reissuing stuff is not a bad thing as it will allow people to buy the items they could not get hold of the fist time round or relive chilhood memories. But BanDai has also angered many collectors in the past as with most of their reissues are exactly the same as the original issue, down right to the box art details. Collectors have lost a lot of money because of this. BanDai could have been at least a little creative and repackage the items, give them a fresh look and new lease of life!

Everyone bashes Bandai kits, but I like the 1/72 variables, I thing gerwalk mode on them is excellent. It doesn't matter because any model is as good as the work you are willing to put into it.

i was implying that maybe bandai will continue to reissue more stuff after that and do the toy reissues again.

I'm 99.9% certain Bandai's going to stick with the Macross models. Considering their last batch of 1/55 reissues was canned halfway through due to lackluster sales, I doubt they're going to try again anytime this decade.