Are you sick of the VF-1 Yet?

Roy Focker

I will be sick of it once, Bandai makes a perfect variable toy, just as or more durable than the chunky monkey, but more accurate and saturates it to hell, or if yamato makes a PV redone 1/60 VF-1 and saturates it to hell.

Until then, I keep hoping we see a revamped VF-1 in either 1/55 or 1/60.

Amen, brother. IMO, the perfect VF-1 toy still hasn't been made. Something that combines the durability of the 1/55 and the looks of the 1/48. Until then...

Absolutely sick of the VF-1!

How many times can people recycle that design?

Even Gundam isnt this bad because you only have one Gundam color and design per series (mostly) so you dont get 15 color and armor variations of the same damn thing. I'm sick to death of VF-1's

while it still holds a place in my heart, i've been over the VF-1 design for a while.

i haven't bought any new VF-1 toys since they released the 1/48 and i probably never will.

its cool but its just not cool enough that i want to own every scale/varient that exists.

I'm getting somewhat tired of them, but if Yamato started pumping out some awesome paint schemes, I'd be happy to buy more.

And I don't mean terrible schemes like the black and gold 25th anniversary version either. I mean stuff like the 'Dobber', Blue Roses, Enigma, Minmay Guard or countless other awesome custom paint schemes.

It would be great if they had a "vote for the next repaint" poll on their website.

I don't think I'll ever tire of the VF-1. The design is so simple and complex at the same time. I just can't get enough of it.

My only gripe is that there is still room to do more with the VF-1, primarily repaints. Not of customs, but of what remains to be done:

1. TV VF-1S Roy

2. TV VF-1A Max

3. TV VF-1A Kakizaki

4. TV VF-1A Alaska Base

5. TV VF-1? Dark Blue with Red Band on Wing

6. TV VF-1D Trainer

7. TV VF-1D Virgin Road

8. DYRL VF-1S Max

This list alone should be enough to keep Yamato busy for a while and keep us happy.

i love how people keep bringing up these really hard schemes for yamato to make. you realize what would happen if yamato actual did a minmay guard and f-ed up the tampo printing on them? imagine you paid $35 to have it shipped from HK only to find out the printing is all jacked, so now you gotta pay another $35 to ship it back and get it replaced with a good one.....thats if you get a good one the second time around. honestly, there'd be a straight riot up in this piece.

excuse the s*** out of me for wanting yamato to make a particular toy. im sure im not the only one.

btw..ive never and would never send a toy back overseas due to a printing error.

in no way was i demanding yamato make this toy, it was just a wish, like im sure you have done in the past.

excuse the s*** out of me for wanting yamato to make a particular toy. im sure im not the only one.

btw..ive never and would never send a toy back overseas due to a printing error.

in no way was i demanding yamato make this toy, it was just a wish, like im sure you have done in the past.

haha, calm down dude. you're not the only one who mentioned it(or any other difficult scheme) you just happen to be the last one that posted is all. besides, you haven't been here long enough that i would actually give you a hard time. my post was directed to the long standing members that feel a need to post their wishlist in every thread regardless of the topic title.

i.e. the title of this thread is, "are you sick of the VF-1 yet?" its not the "what would yamato have to make for you to not be sick of the VF-1 yet" thread.

anyway back to your regular scheduled programming. :)

also, there is harldy any tampo printing on the yamato 1/48's...i imaging it would be the same with a MG.

a different paint scheme and "apply your own" stickers.

theres a member here sells the minmay guard scheme, both as stickers and waterslide decals.

i'm not sure if hes still doing them but they definitely do exist.

sorry, didnt mean to fly off the handle.

i know the sticker sets and water slides for the MG scheme exist, but i was referring the the actual tampo printing. Straight out of the box, the yamato 1/48's hardly have any markings. Squadron number, UN Spacy kite, intake warnings and thats about it.

i know its probably a bigger job that what im taking about, but if Yamato were to take the 1/48 vf-1s, paint it gray and take the hasegawa MG waterslides and scale them into 1/48 stickers...there would be alot of happy fans.

I don't think I'll ever tire of the VF-1. The design is so simple and complex at the same time. I just can't get enough of it.

My only gripe is that there is still room to do more with the VF-1, primarily repaints. Not of customs, but of what remains to be done:

1. TV VF-1S Roy

2. TV VF-1A Max

3. TV VF-1A Kakizaki

4. TV VF-1A Alaska Base

5. TV VF-1? Dark Blue with Red Band on Wing

6. TV VF-1D Trainer

7. TV VF-1D Virgin Road

8. DYRL VF-1S Max

This list alone should be enough to keep Yamato busy for a while and keep us happy.

And to you....all of those paint schemes would be WONDERFUL!!!

add a vf-1s minmay guard to that list and i would be a happy man

Jeremy, You know that would be a great idea. And as for this thread and the other as well...you know I gots your back mate. :ph34r: I am a Ninja.

haha, calm down dude. you're not the only one who mentioned it(or any other difficult scheme) you just happen to be the last one that posted is all. besides, you haven't been here long enough that i would actually give you a hard time. my post was directed to the long standing members that feel a need to post their wishlist in every thread regardless of the topic title.

i.e. the title of this thread is, "are you sick of the VF-1 yet?" its not the "what would yamato have to make for you to not be sick of the VF-1 yet" thread.

anyway back to your regular scheduled programming. :)

and you've been around long enough to know that eventually every toy thread will eventually become derailed by rampant battying about something yamato did or didn't do, should or should not do.

:p

Edited by eugimon

a suggestion is not battying....nor is a wish for a certain toy.

it's loosely a "should" and it's not relevent to the topic, is it? Which was the point of my post, which was a joking response to someone not YOU, so no need to get upset about it.

Edited by eugimon

so, are you honestly telling me that your 4500+ posts have never been off topic and pertain 100% to the thread that they are posted in?

whatever...dont answer that.

im over it.

Again, it was a joke. And if you could read between the lines, it was a joke aimed not at you, but at DnD, to not get worked up about off topic posts. Seriously, are you having a bad day or something?

Edited by eugimon

Okay, I said it before, but I need to say it again. Some other company needs to make a line of transforming valks in a smaller scale, like 1/72 or even 1/100, and more toy-like and affordable than the Yamatos. I'd gladly pay $50 for valks the size and quality of Transformers Alternators. They should make all the valks, VF-1's, VF-4's, VF-11's, all the way up, and enemy mechs. They could sell repaints for years, it'd be like printing money.

In other words, I want more VF-1's.

Edited by danth

Okay, I said it before, but I need to say it again. Some other company needs to make a line of transforming valks in a smaller scale, like 1/72 or even 1/100, and more toy-like and affordable than the Yamatos. I'd gladly pay $50 for valks the size and quality of Transformers Alternators. They should make all the valks, VF-1's, VF-4's, VF-11's, all the way up, and enemy mechs. They could sell repaints for years, it'd be like printing money.

what, like the toynami's?

what, like the toynami's?

No, I want a line of all the valks and enemy mechs, not just the VF-1, but a nice VF-1 in a smaller scale is something I really want. I like the price and scale of the Toynami, but I'd pay more for a higher quality toy (better plastic, stiffer joints, integral hands & landing gear). Plus, the Toynami 1/100 suffers from huge shoulders and incorrectly shaped intakes. Also, I meant to specify a Japanese toy company like CM or Takara. I'm thinking a Japanese company could get closer to the line art (but then again, look at the CM's upcoming Legioss) and pull off something more sophisticated than the Toynami.

I know it's a pipe dream, but when I'm not fantasizing about women, I dream about valk toys.

Edited by danth

I'm also sick of all those X-Wing toys. They really need to make more Naboo starfighters.

(No, you can't have too many VF-1s.)

damn you. at first I was all, "yeah, bring on the naboo fighters! Long tails off of engines for no reason rules!" but then I realized you were just mocking us. :lol:

That would be great, as long as they don't leave out the VF-2s! Seriously, us Mac2 fans keep getting the short end of the stick.