Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

Strictly speaking, only the CM's gauntlets have to be removed for TF. The hip armor is attached via ball-joints. If you're patient, it's possible to TF the armor w/o removing them, but for convenience it's just simpler to pop them off and on again.

CMs%20Stick%20Armor%201.jpg

You can see them in that pic there. The gauntlets and hip pieces are removed and reattached.

To paraphrase the Simpsons

"The stick up that Stick's ass must have a stick up it's ass"

Just noticed this: The MH's forearms can't rotate due to the 'simplified' elbow joint? i.e. the gauntlets always face back unless you rotate the biceps. No biggie, I guess, but still... Hmm.

Sidetracking: I wonder how much cooler the CM's could appear if I added panel lines, painted over the screws and added a matte overcoat?

Edited by drifand

Had some time free this aternoon, after a meeting finished earlier that expected, so I headed of to the toy shops of Mong Kok district to try and track down the Mega House offerings.

Now, I only wanted to buy one, probably the Stick, but every single damn shop was only seeing both together as a set and for about HK$850 (US$109) a set. This was a bit more than I was willing to pay, so in the end I went home empty handed. :(

Graham

Strictly speaking, only the CM's gauntlets have to be removed for TF. The hip armor is attached via ball-joints. If you're patient, it's possible to TF the armor w/o removing them, but for convenience it's just simpler to pop them off and on again.

Word. I even use the gauntlets to store the extra parts (fists and stuff).

I can't help but think about some transformers with backpacks that have heels that expand backwards and wonder if that would have solved the balance issue in the MH.

Fantastic pics Roboto. Let's see some more dynamic poses without the stand. :D

Domo Arigato... Mr. Roboto!

Oh man.. I can't believe no one jumped on that... haha... specially you rino!

You know....for some reason....I just don't feel that witty today <_< maybe tomorrow my good ol a$$ kickin, joke tellin, ninja self will be back in action. :D

:ph34r:

Just got my CM. I only paid 4000 yen. Bargain. Magahouse has the looks and the detail but CM definitely has the playability and engineering. I'm actually surprised by how much I like it since I was expecting it to be inferior to the Megahouse.

Have to say that although it clearly states on the box that the CM contain either Stick OR Rey, it does look like you are getting both at first glance.

And sorry to hear about the "bundles of no joy" Graham. There's a shop near me that has all the Takatoku Orguss guys for a set for I think 200,000yen. It's been there for three years now. Those would sell in an instant if they were just sold separately.

Edited by Alex

New news from LAF Toys if no one has already posted it.

The MH Stick is now "sold out" and Rey is still available for pre-order.

This is at the bottom of both of the figures pages...

This product will be in stock on Saturday 15 March, 2008.

Can we say "HELL YEAH!!!" WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO......GO LOS!!!

hmmm according to this, he says the figure cannot be seated on the bike if we add the container boxes.

some more pics here and here

THANKS for the pics!!! I CANNOT WAIT!!! WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!

I have no problem getting my Megahouse Ray to sit on the bike with the containers attached.

I also just realised that the armour plates on the CM actually plug into the knees. I didn't notice that before. I think I'm loving the CM more than the Megahouse.

hmmm according to this, he says the figure cannot be seated on the bike if we add the container boxes.

some more pics here and here

WHAT?! That's idiotic. I hope there's a way around it.

Anyway, if the CMs' Mospeadas looked anything like this form the factory, I would have my set already:

Edit: BTW, I find odd that we haven't heard about CMs' Blow Superior and Bartley by now. I hope it's not a dead line. I'm not collecting the CMs' but I want to see the rest of the characters and if the design improves on future releases.

post-1636-1204694277_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Any comments on the quality etc? So do all the 1s runs have the stickers?

I bought mine on the day they were released in the only shop in Akiba to actually have them (as far as I know) and I still didn't get the stickers.

Edited by Alex

Edit: BTW, I find odd that we haven't heard about CMs' Blow Superior and Bartley by now. I hope it's not a dead line. I'm not collecting the CMs' but I want to see the rest of the characters and if the design improves on future releases.

Yellow's ride armor was at WF so there has been word. Nothing on Houquet yet but you have to figure it will come eventually.

WHAT?! That's idiotic. I hope there's a way around it.

Anyway, if the CMs' Mospeadas looked anything like this form the factory, I would have my set already:

Yeah, that's kinda what I'm planning for my CM's... maybe not quite so banged-up, though. And I'd definitely paint over the screws. Hope to take some pix this weekend.

Visor lift up ability sure is great! Thanks for the pics guys. Hmm, can't fit the rider whilst with the cargo boxes??

Perhaps we can, just looks off and awkward.

It really doesn't look awkward, at least to me.

Btw, painting the black elbows on the MH makes a world of difference to the look of the figure.

oh, and by God is the windshield on the CM delicate. I broke mine too. The only other piece that CAN break are the tiny locks at the base of the diecast struts for the wheels. However, the nice folks at CM have included replacements in the box (packed with the display stand) so if it does break (because you haven't slid it across while lifting it up onto the back-pack) you can easily swap it out for the new one.

Edited by Alex

Just ordered a Rey MH from HOHOTOYS on eBay. They have 1 more of him left and I don't know how many Sticks figs they have left. It was under their NY addy and not the other so I should be able to get it like SOON!!! WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!