SV-51 CF!!!

Priss!

Ghostkiller, that's what I thought so I painted my hasegawa that way. This is the one (Dobber) that everyone is refering to if you didn't know. :) I also have been thinking about painting my Yamoto like my Hasegawa but I only have 1 and really can't afford another one yet either. I really hope Yamato comes through and makes my SV-51 so I can just buy one instead of risking screwing up a very expensive toy!! :lol:

Chris

Hi Dobber

your sheme looks really nice and requires a lot of masking ^_^

this bird needs to be fully painted as it can transform and I am not really use to custom yamatos honestly ^_^

I usually use tamiya AS Airspray for my birds

Would it be good on this SV-51 ???

the work on the Sv-51 would be hard but maybe worth it :lol:

still thinking maybe thinking too much :unsure:

if they released just one version, then yes.

repaints is whats killing this hobby for me. repaints of a timeless valk like the VF-1 is cool but these others(mac+/0 valks)don't deserve a repaint IMO.

Yes the repaints of the "crap" toys is definetly not working for me. I would REALLY like to see a VF-0S CF though (a darker shade than this CF of course) THAT WOULD BE THE BOMB ...maily because every CF but the SV-51 looks good.

so the dobber is confirmed right? i dont want to waste any money on that cf version..

As far as I know....no, it hasn't been confirmed. I asked Graham if he could find out when he had his meeting with Yamato but as we know he can't divulge any info. Here's to hoping though.

Chris

Don't worry Dobber, I'm just getting the Ivanov (when they reissue it) and your scheme. No Nora and no CF. I think most people here feels about the same, so Yamato will have to rush the Dobber up or revise the CF before releasing it.

I know I do. I was going to pass on the nora and pick up the CF and dobber... but that shade of brown is so hideously wrong that I'm passing on it as well. So Dobber, here's hoping you get you scheme made and I do hope that they put your name down on the sticker sheet at the very least.

Looks great IMO. I"m buying 2.

Large pics going up on main site soon.

Dobber scheme is still a possibility for later. Yamato have to release the OVA versions first.

Graham

[sarcasm]

Oh, when are we going to get to see the "OVA versions?"

[/sarcasm]

Seeing that paint scheme...man..that bird looks beautiful. Yamato needs to do this at least as an exclusive.

Ghostkiller, that's what I thought so I painted my hasegawa that way. This is the one (Dobber) that everyone is refering to if you didn't know. :) I also have been thinking about painting my Yamoto like my Hasegawa but I only have 1 and really can't afford another one yet either. I really hope Yamato comes through and makes my SV-51 so I can just buy one instead of risking screwing up a very expensive toy!! :lol:

Chris

I like the ones posted by Mr March and mustang1 better than this CF color and I like the Dobber even better. If any of those were made I would buy them (I have pre ordered Nora - very excited about Nora).

However I have to say, before I read any of the posts on this thread I first looked at the Yamato site photos and was very excited to see this. My first reaction was, "Wow, a new SV-51 scheme! Beautiful! Not anywhere close to the OVA but nice." I did think that it looked like a naked chicken and so when I read the full thread I laughed when I read those comments. I also agree that it looks like baby poop. My 2 and a half year old made a poop EXACTLY that color yesterday. Really, honestly true. If Yamato really thinks that this is the CF color from the OVA then I do not want some of what they are smoking. Have the confirmed with Kawamori san?

Bottom line for me, I actually like this one but I would probably like any color they made of it because it is a beautifully designed mecha, one of Kawamori's best.

Am I going to buy it? Probably not. I will wait for the Dobber or a Mr March CF or a pink and orange camo version with hellow kitty tampo prints :lol:

EDIT:

BTW, >EXO<, PM me when the group buy comes up! Thanks.

Edited by miriya

just looking at this again, I have to say that this scheme looks as though it would lend itself well to customizing. A little paint here, some freaky decals there, some panel lining, and some weathering and I am sure that it would look fantastic. But that said, it is a lot of work.

just looking at this again, I have to say that this scheme looks as though it would lend itself well to customizing. A little paint here, some freaky decals there, some panel lining, and some weathering and I am sure that it would look fantastic. But that said, it is a lot of work.

meh, for 200 bucks, I'm expecting a finished project. It should look fantastic out of the box. As it is, yamato products often need a surgeon to fix their materials/engineering mistakes, now they need a makeup artist? no thanks.

it does look better than the Nora though.

the nora looks like it belongs at a carnival.

LOL, that is true that it looks like it belongs at a carnival but it is still my favorite SV-51 scheme. It was the first Sv-51 I ever saw and so it won my heart just like the VF-1D. Seeing those things transform for the first time really gets my panties wet. (moderators, is that OK to say? I do not want to get kicked off the forums after the Takeshi Murakami incident).

Big SV-51 CF Pictures

001b.jpg

001b.jpg

001b.jpg

001b.jpg

001b.jpg

001b.jpg

001b.jpg

This beast has the same color scheme as M1A1 :)

Now, add some brown clouds, and that's it your perfect SV-51 CF (Hey Dobber, can you hear me?) :D

soviettopdno5.png

Note that the last illustration is not my work. Thanks to a mw member that I can't remember his nickname.

Edited by charger69