VF-11(x) Thunderbolt Thread

kensei

No doubt we'll be seeing this. Now that the YF-21 is announced, I'm itching for a 1/60 scale Perfect Transformation Thunderbolt. But all the accessories make me drool too.

With thanks for the reference to M3 (go March!) Here is what will be offered and potentially offered by Yamato depending on certain conditions (i.e. licensing):

VF-11B Thunderbolt M+ Style

VF-11B with Atmospheric Boosters

VF-11C Thunderbolt M7 Scheme (if Yamato picks up the licence, which is held by nobody right now)

Also VF-11C Raven's Scheme (I wish I had a better pic):

post-466-1186066285_thumb.jpg

VF-11C Protect Armour (M7 and VF-X2)

VF-11 FAST Packs for space combat

post-466-1186065118_thumb.jpgpost-466-1186065171_thumb.jpg

VF-11 FAST Packs for atmosphere combat

post-466-1186065062_thumb.jpgpost-466-1186065133_thumb.jpg

VF-11B Gunpod

post-466-1186065015_thumb.jpg

VF-11C Gunpod

post-466-1186065184_thumb.jpg

And what the hell, give em a set of adapters so we can put this on too:

post-466-1186065870_thumb.jpg

And a Reconnaissance FAST Pack:

post-466-1186065838_thumb.jpg

And the infamous :p:

VF-11D Custom Thunderbolt (M7) :lol:

VF-11 MAXL :lol:

Just check out the schemes that you can have (3), and the accessories (5), Gunpods (2, one with bayonet! :D) 2 oddballs, but I doubt that they'll make them. :p

Edited by kensei

The VF-11B is on top of my want list. I'd get three for each mode, one for the armor and one more for the atmospheric boosters. I wouldn't buy all of them at first release though. I'd get one at first release, and if it were free of QC issues, I'd get some more.

Damn you Kensei, for making me realize that I'll need to sell some organs to continue this addiction. :p

To make the YF-19s Special Arm Mounted Canon, they could include it with the VF-11. Afterall, a VF-X-11 was the first fighter to use this and killed the test pilot.

Dammit, they can also make a VF-11 Drone. There goes your left testicle Dante. :p:lol: As a special set, they can release it with the X-9 Ghost!

Edited by kensei

well, if what graham says is true, and yamato doesn't have the m25 license yet. I think we'll be seeing yamato move on to the vf-x license proper once they're done with the m0 and m+ toys. Makes the most sense, Vf-22 is an easy enough model change and they should already have the VF-11 done for the M+ line.

This would make me most happy, since I may finally get a chance to get my hands on the VF-5000.

Oh baby. :)

VF-11 love! List of color schemes possible for the single-pilot 11:

M+ color scheme and fast packs

M+ drone (I think the canopy is slightly different, besides the color scheme)

M7 Canon Fodder and fast packs (they're different from the 11B fast packs)

M7 Pink Pecker Squad (I refuse to by a Pink VF-11)

MVFX2 VFX Ravens scheme

M M3 Max

M M3 Miria

M M3 Moaramia Jifon (does she pilot a VF-11? I haven't played M3)

Non-cannon Low Visibility

Non-cannon Stealth (must have a red eye piece)

I doubt Yamato would do a two-seater since they haven't done one with the VF-1 line since the 1/60 scale. Plus, the heatshield on the 11D involves lots of anime magic considering how bulkier it is than the normal 11 heatshield.

Hopefully they'll be able to do a good heatshield method for the new one when they do it. Also, hopefully they'll avoid having the shoulder bars from the 1/72.

Even if Yamato is limited to M+ and VFX2, that gives us 3 cannon schemes + any non-cannon ones, the fastpacks, and the protect armor with bfgp.

BRING ON THE VF-11 YAMATO! :D

I'd buy two of the Mac + scheme and two of the Mac 7 scheme. . .

Two sets of the full armor sets, and about 1 of each fast pack set.

LOL, Yamato can release the M+ version. Then Kawamori can go "DOH! That wasn't the cannon color in the anime, actually it's supposed to be all white, redo it." And Yamato releases a "cannon" M+ VF-11B in VF-11C colors. :p I'm not serious on that though.

Does anyone remember if the VF-11B in VFX2 had the gunpod w/bayonet or if it had the VF-11C gunpod? Also anyone remember what type of fast packs the Ravens 11 had (M+ or M7)?

...Love the VF-11.

It's somehow so elegant and utilitarian at the same time.

Too bad it's probably well over a year away since Omega One is first quarter 2008 and the VF-0D, or maybe 0S reactive armor, is probably next up after that.

Click on the link in the first post.

LOL, Yamato can release the M+ version. Then Kawamori can go "DOH! That wasn't the cannon color in the anime, actually it's supposed to be all white, redo it." And Yamato releases a "cannon" M+ VF-11B in VF-11C colors. :p I'm not serious on that though.

Does anyone remember if the VF-11B in VFX2 had the gunpod w/bayonet or if it had the VF-11C gunpod? Also anyone remember what type of fast packs the Ravens 11 had (M+ or M7)?

:lol: I'm envisioning yamato releasing the official isamu type VF-11 that wasn't shown due to an animation error. :lol:

You changed your post. I realised that now.

You were looking for the Fully Armoured VF-11 before.

The only change I made to my post was a correction of a typo, (I originally wrote VF-O, as in L,M,N,O,P, instead of VF-0) and the edit occurred 5 hours before you replied to me.

I didn't say anything about VF-11 armor, but thanks for the tip anyway.

I made this for the Photoshop/MS Paint your dream Macross items thread. I thought I might as well post it in this one too. I'm hoping that I'll be holding a box simular to this one in my hands somewhere around late 2008 or early 2009. Damn, that sounds like a long way off.

boxartff1.jpg

EDIT* I know it's got the wrong paintscheme. <_< I just couldn't find a good pic of Mac+ model anywhere.

Edited by Dante74

Wrong paint scheme or not, it still makes me drool. :D

Right when I looked at it, I freaked out because that damned space whale started screeching to Angel Voice (was listening to the Macross Dynamite 7 episode 4).

I made this for the Photoshop/MS Paint your dream Macross items thread. I thought I might as well post it in this one too. I'm hoping that I'll be holding a box simular to this one in my hands somewhere around late 2008 or early 2009. Damn, that sounds like a long way off.

boxartff1.jpg

EDIT* I know it's got the wrong paintscheme. <_< I just couldn't find a good pic of Mac+ model anywhere.

MAN!!!! THAT is such a tease!!! I long for the day when we actually see this!! I'm glad Yamato is doing the YF-21, but I really.....REALLY wanted a VF-11. VF-11 and SV-51 are my favs.

Chris

Edit: The Club-M kit is soo beautiful. I still need to find one or some "version" of it ;)

Edited by Dobber