Macross 25th Anniversary and upcoming new TV series thread

azrael

Got the December issue of New Type. Here's a larger and clearer scan of the grey VF-25. Note it is number '001'. :)

Markings on the wings and legs say 'SMS 001'. No UN Spacy emblem visible on this one or the Hikaru color version.

I'm really growing to like the design.

Graham

I like the battroid a lot, still warming up to the fighter. I don't like the fish flipper gun pod though, looks like you could turn it around and fish slap someone in the face with the stock.

Edited by emajnthis

Thank you Graham! :wub:

The VF-25 is even more distinct than first glance. These are some really interesting design elements being explored in this new mecha. The feet, head unit, shoulders and legs are all different than anything I've seen and the torso in Battroid mode really has me guessing. At first it appeared to be a straight SV-51 copy with a VF-5000 top. However, it's clear this is something altogether different. Is that the nose tip in the upper center torso pointing down? I'm really liking the detailing on the legs and the way the feet appear to extend from the lower leg/nacelle housing. I like the implementation of larger arms again. They are much more proportionally suitable to the rest of the mecha. This Valkyrie appears to be quite large. Just looking at both the fighter mode and battroid mode, I get the sense that this could be one of the biggest of the main line Valkyries.

Wow, I really like this design.

新型バルキリー VF25

統合軍の期主力可変戦闘機。VF-1の流れをくむ優秀な機体だ。

主力

MAIN, VF-25 is U.N. Main Valk in 2070.

I think it is NEW design for SK, it is not NEW for U.N.

I agree that it's a new design for SK.

Note the different kanji from the article:

統合軍の期主力可変戦闘機。VF-1の流れをくむ優秀な機体だ。

I think that it should be translated along the lines of "leading VF for the next term. An excellent airframe that continues the flow of the VF-1."

Got the December issue of New Type. Here's a larger and clearer scan of the grey VF-25. Note it is number '001'. :)

Markings on the wings and legs say 'SMS 001'. No UN Spacy emblem visible on this one or the Hikaru color version.

I'm really growing to like the design.

Graham

SMS001 and NO U.N. logo...

Student Valk?

HAHAHAHA

^^

Could we get scans of the article? Thanks Graham!!!!

Ditto

Graham San

THANKS~~~~~~~~~~

I've started a translation of the articles in the magazine. What I've completed so far, and anything else I can do before I'm overcome by sleep (02:25 as I type this) will be added to the first post in the thread. I've attempted to rescan the Hikaru coloured VF-25. Can't be bothered with colour corrections at this time. Article translation first, eh?

http://www.macrossroleplay.org/forums/inde...g17315#msg17315

Thank you Graham! :wub:

The VF-25 is even more distinct than first glance. These are some really interesting design elements being explored in this new mecha. The feet, head unit, shoulders and legs are all different than anything I've seen and the torso in Battroid mode really has me guessing. At first it appeared to be a straight SV-51 copy with a VF-5000 top. However, it's clear this is something altogether different. Is that the nose tip in the upper center torso pointing down? I'm really liking the detailing on the legs and the way the feet appear to extend from the lower leg/nacelle housing. I like the implementation of larger arms again. They are much more proportionally suitable to the rest of the mecha. This Valkyrie appears to be quite large. Just looking at both the fighter mode and battroid mode, I get the sense that this could be one of the biggest of the main line Valkyries.

Wow, I really like this design.

THANKS Graham!! As always you come through for us... :D

Definitely distinct and fresh.

The torso appears to be an amalgamation of the VF-19 and SV-51, where the cockpit sits horizontaly underneath the head with the nose folding down to make up the chest (unlike the SV-51 which lopped it off and tucked it between the legs)

The feet actually "dropping" out of the engine nacelles is another nice touch.

Though I am really wondering about that logo on the top side of the fuselage? It could be a new Skull logo or a derivative squadron or even possibly wing art similar to what we've seen on B5!

starfury5.jpg

p14_applewhite05.jpg

I agree that it's a new design for SK.

Note the different kanji from the article:

統合軍の次期主力可変戦闘機。VF-1の流れをくむ優秀な機体だ。

I think that it should be translated along the lines of "leading VF for the next term. An excellent airframe that continues the flow of the VF-1."

sketchley, Thanks~~

I look the Newtype, it is 次期!!!

When????2070???

I am confusion~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by kresphy

Definitely distinct and fresh.

The torso appears to be an amalgamation of the VF-19 and SV-51, where the cockpit sits horizontaly underneath the head with the nose folding down to make up the chest (unlike the SV-51 which lopped it off and tucked it between the legs)

The feet actually "dropping" out of the engine nacelles is another nice touch.

Though I am really wondering about that logo on the top side of the fuselage? It could be a new Skull logo or a derivative squadron or even possibly wing art similar to what we've seen on B5!

I'm not sure if I'm reading your post wrong, but just to note the YF-19 cockpit rests vertically in Battroid mode (glass side facing backward). However, I think I follow the rest. It does appear that perhaps the "L" fold occurs in the VF-25 nose during transformation just like it does in the YF-19 nose BUT the VF-25 nose doesn't stop at a 90 degree angle. Instead, perhaps the nose folds all the way over and rests parallel to a vertical sitting cockpit on the VF-25? A possibility.

The lower torso is still confusing me. I'm not sure I understand how it works. It looks SV-51-ish, but it can't be if that is indeed the forward nose in the upper torso. So what then is the bottom midsection?

What about those main wings? I said earlier that they appeared to be mounted perpendicular to the back in the first photo by kresphy and now with Graham's scans it's much clearer. That's REALLY different than any other Valkyrie and I really like that idea.

I'm not sure what the logo is either, but I think your guess that it's wing art is onto something. Perhaps a fleet symbol or flight school crest?

Oh, so many questions! :)

Edited by Mr March

sketchley, Thanks~~

I look the Newtype, it is 次期!!!

When????2070???

I am confusion~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And people wonder why I'm asking for a translation of the article and not the postings from 2ch boards.

I'm not sure if I'm reading your post wrong, but just to note the YF-19 cockpit rests vertically in Battroid mode (glass side facing backward). However, I think I follow the rest. It does appear that perhaps the "L" fold occurs in the VF-25 nose during transformation just like it does in the YF-19 nose BUT the VF-25 nose doesn't stop at a 90 degree angle. Instead, perhaps the nose folds all the way over and rests parallel to a vertical sitting cockpit on the VF-25? A possibility.

The lower torso is still confusing me. I'm not sure I understand how it works. It looks SV-51-ish, but it can't be if that is indeed the forward nose in the upper torso. So what then is the bottom midsection?

It definitely looks like the fuselage lifts forward ala the 19, just no uniboob. The nosecone almost looks like it might split in half to fit against the chest. The wings, and possibly the wing roots are perpendicular to the torso, perhaps in the armpits, perhaps behind the shoulders. I'd be willing to bet the lower torso is the bulk of the undercarriage, and the codpiece - like the 19 again - folds forward and is actually smooth on the underside. I've highlighted some analogous areas below:

post-2681-1194640562_thumb.jpg

They're using a New-Macross class fleet. Lovely. Nice to see the VF-17 back again.

BTW, the official site is being slashdotted. If you can't view it now, please check back later.

I thought that ship looked familiar. Interesting. Decent teaser trailer actually - deals out a handful of images and then says "here, make a picture out of these". The VF-25 is very nice, love the look of it in Gerwalk mode. Not sure as yet whether I will actually like the series - so far I'm about 50:50 on liking/disliking the various incarnations of Macross on a story level, but the design work looks very nice and if the CG maintains that level of quality then it will at the very least be a very attractive show. Actually, one of the scenes in the trailer that most caught my attention was the tram - purely for the very attractive colour palette it looks like they are using on the show. (Yes, that is probably an incredibly sad thing I have just said - but for some reason colour choices make a bit difference to me. I'm not sure why, they just do.)

Karl

Holy crap!! looks fantastic! love the megaroad scene!

nice catch on that AFOS looking thing, still not used to the CG... what the hell is that white thing on the beginning of the clip?

I noticed there seems to be a Macross City 7 style ship behind all those ships that look like pills!

woa! VF-17 seems to play a mayor role on the show!! love that bluesish scheme...and back to original DRYL style pilot suit; seems like the VF-17 will be the main fighter cannon fodder, Graham most be going crazy for this, Yamato will HAVE to make one! it appears like the VF-25 will be the hero valk

transformation looks neat! but still think the battroid looks anorexic... it appears that Macross F will tie up all the loose ends from Macross zero to 7... it wouldn't just show the Megaroad, macross 7 figthers and that AFOS looking thing just for the heck of it...

Damnit it won't load fast enough for me! :(:lol: I'm practically bouncing off the walls here at seeing just the colony fleet and hearing the music.

Thanks for posting those transformation pics charger69. :) That puts an end to my guessing the transformation for the VF-25.

Now the question is what company will be producing the toys, if any.

addition: HOLY CRAP! Awesome! That flying ghost-like white thing at the beginning kind of looked cheap, but the rest of it looked awesome!

I don't need to see the series to know I want a toy of the VF-17 in that aquamarine color (with orange-gold tinted canopy), and a VF-25 toy. :)

Edited by Sumdumgai

Damnit it won't load fast enough for me! :(:lol: I'm practically bouncing off the walls here at seeing just the colony fleet and hearing the music.

Thanks for posting those transformation pics charger69. :) That puts an end to my guessing the transformation for the VF-25.

Now the question is what company will be producing the toys, if any.

Lets not get ahead of our selfs sumdumgai, we havent even seen the series and all know they will release model kits first and plus

I havent completed my mac + model kits