Macross 25th Anniversary and upcoming new TV series thread

azrael

And people wonder why I'm asking for a translation of the article and not the postings from 2ch boards.

YES, 2ch have a mistake!!

it is 統合軍の次期主力可変戦闘機。

it is not 統合軍の時期主力可変戦闘機。

The emblem which appears on both the older pilot's helmet and on the dorsal surface of the grey VF-25 appears to be a horned skull with a dagger stuck in the top.

Graham

I look the logo on the Ozma Lee's helmet

Is it Alto's student clothing logo??

He is teacher?

How/where can I download the Divx trailer?

Got it.

http://stage6.divx.com/user/advent1/video/...cross-F-trailer

This is only early trailer on 25th Concert~~~

Macross Official is miser!!!!!!

NEED MORE~~~~

- -

Edited by kresphy

That's confirmation then that the sorta-VF-17 has a different canopy, more widely spaced head lasers, longer nose and different wings (probably other changes as well, but I need to study the pics more).

I'm stoked about the giant bugs. I love the concept of giant bugs as enemies. I'm a huge fan of Heinlein's Starship troopers novel and the Blue Gender TV series. I also thought the giant bugs shown in the Dreamcast Macross M3 opening movie should have been developed more.

Graham

Ditto and ditto. It just looked too much like a VF-17 to be a different craft. I think some of the changes are likely stylistic while some are necessitated by 3D model. I love the idea for the aliens so far. They look very creepy and quite nasty. Thank you for the pictures Luke!

Honestly, I'm getting an R-Type vibe from these enemies. Clearly Macross is making an homage to the shoot em ups it used to rub shoulders with in the SCRAMBLED VALKYRIE days. We sought a new machine for the fighting. The time has come to SCRAMBLE VALKYRIE again.

I look the logo on the Ozma Lee's helmet

Is it Alto's student clothing logo??

He is teacher?

Negative, the logo on Ozma's helmet and the top of the grey VF-25 No. 001 (horned skull with dagger) is very different form the school badge on Alto's shirt.

See the school badge scan below.

Graham

post-11-1194674847_thumb.jpg

So far we have three different color schemes of VF-25 shown:-

1. No. 001, Grey with yellow & black trim from New Type Magazine, December 2007 issue, page 61.
  2. No. 007, white with red and black trim (Hikaru colors) from New Type magazine, December 2007 issue, pages 126-127.
  3. White with purple trim from the preview movie. This is the only one that could possibly have a normal UN Spacy kite logo on the wing.
Graham

Mmm....i like what I see generally in the trailer.

Music: J-pop. Thank God its not rap like most ppl thought it might be? :lol:

Mecha: VF-25 now that I see its silhouette and in action, is really a SV-51 with traditional UN-Spacy backpack wings and different head. Its like the SV-51's blueprints were suddenly found under some piece of rubble and they decided to re-use it? Not entirely happy with this as Kawamori seemed to be too lazy to redo something with his lego. :(

VF-17: As happy as I am to see the VF-17 again, it looks like its going to be the new mainstay space superiority fighter? Sigh. And here I thought we get to see VF-19s as cannon fodder.

Main character: There were talks that the main character is a descendant of Maximilian Jenius. Not that i'm not surprised anyway since he has spawned alot of daughters to spread his seed all over the galaxy. :lol:

Bugs: Yay....bug aliens finally! Possibly the same we see in M3? Hopefully they are as uber as the ones we see in Gunbuster for some epic scale battles!

I'm still kinda sad that this takes place decades after Macross 7. :(

If it wasn't for that gender-bender of a main male lead, I'd be crapping my pants with joy. Sheesh, you'd think U.N. Spacy would've enforced military protocols during recruitment and have him CUT HIS hair short. Sure, Roy, Hikaru, and Max had some wild hair, but this one takes the fruit cake.

That new VF looks cool, but I'll wait for more footages till I decide to really crap my pants in excitement.

Ditto and ditto. It just looked too much like a VF-17 to be a different craft. I think some of the changes are likely stylistic while some are necessitated by 3D model. I love the idea for the aliens so far. They look very creepy and quite nasty. Thank you for the pictures Luke!

I'm gonna say it is a VF-17. A variant VF-17, but a VF-17 nonetheless. The cockpit layout, wing span, the tail fins, position of the legs/engines, and overall shape screams VF-17. It looks different because it is a CG render. But I'll bet it's a new variant; definitely not a M7-generation variant. The lasers around the cockpit are missing for starters.

VF-17: As happy as I am to see the VF-17 again, it looks like its going to be the new mainstay space superiority fighter? Sigh. And here I thought we get to see VF-19s as cannon fodder.

The VF-17 is primarily designed for space use.

Looks like the VF-25 is a combination of a VF-11 and an SV-51. The more complicated these transformations get the less I'm thrilled with it. It definitely promises that we'll get fragile toys and it just seems to make less sense than the VF-1. Oh well, guess it looks cool enough.

I'm sticking with my advanced-variant/changes-due-to-3D-model VF-17 theory. It simply looks too close to what a CG VF-17 would look like to be anything else :)

Dude if they do that, then we can have Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Toys !

I'd be so in for a little modification to the original as long as it makes it work.

Well, don't forget that Yamato may not have the license or be able to get the license. I wonder though, if that's part of the 98% of info that Graham could not tell us... Hmmmm... :) or :( Depending on what the MF toy situation is going to be like.

The forward facing lasers seem to still be there, but shortened from the M7 era VF-17.

I guess the VF-17 Nightmares just proved itself indispensable as an advanced special ops fighter.....probably more so than the VF-22 Strumvogel. Just like how the F-15s are still in service today after 20 or more years?

Or maybe this is Kawamori's way of saying "You want VF-17 toys....i'll give you VF-17 toys!" ^_^

Thanks Vic for the screenshots of the VF-25. Its clearer now that although the general transformation and silhoutte of the SV-51 is kept, the transformation is a little different in the torso area that the cockpit section now folds upwards, although the nose cone still folds into the landing gear cavity. And as for funky electric sparkles....you see it too during transformation of VF-19 kai in Macross 7 and various other Super robot shows during "Gattai" (combining). :lol:

I don't think that's a fold booster in the nose of the VF-25, those window things look more like the Ghost-X9's camera's. The VF-17's are definately awesome though, Kawamori clearly loves that design more than he let on, and it looks like that love will flourish more finally.

The character animation reminds me of Dynamite for some reason, not sure if it's just the designs, but I get a definate "Dynamite" vibe from seeing the characters move. Not sure how to explain it. Perhaps it's just the hair? The CG definately isn't as pretty as modern hand drawn would have come out, but it's nothing that will hinder my enjoyment. As for this taking place in the 2070's, I'm kinda sad it's taking place so far away from the 7 era too, but then Kawamori seems to like leaving hefty gaps between shows & leaving character stories open, so it's nothing unexpected. Though the new blonde idol does look a bit like Flower Girl :)

And sure there's fighting now, but don't think for a minute that there won't be singing later on.

Lastly, Yokko Kanno + Macross (well, anime in general) continues to equal awesome. I can't wait to hear more of the soundtrack. I sooo want to run over to rt.com & tell them to suck it right now.... Shadow Chronicles indeed!

Edited by Keith

See what happened was... when the UNS went for it's last Super Robot Wars outing back in Alpha 3, they decided to participate in a "bad guy" exchange program and brought Gunbuster's Uchuu Kaiju home with them... and the Uchuu Kaiju are now appearing in Macross F. Seriously though... I want supervision army, but the show looks cool none the less.

Edit: Keith, I want to see Fire bomber as the band that's come back together and is still strong, hot and sexy after over 20 years together. Fire Bomber is the new rolling stones... (except you know all the members are sexy). :lol:

post-772-1194686345_thumb.jpg

post-772-1194686365_thumb.jpg

Edited by lord_breetai

Unfortunately, Dynamite was pretty specific about the "Fire Bombers Final Concert" thing, so I doubt they'll pop up...well Maybe Basara, I don't see how Kawamori could resist at least a cameo there. And yes, I know a lot of you hate him, whatever, let it go.

As for the space monsters, it may very well be a gunbuster like "you've spread out too far, you're a disease, we're going to kill you" type deal. It could be the final evolution of the AFOS's defense program, or something completely unrelated. I'm leaning towards a PC relation though, as the SA shouldn't even remotely be a major player anymore, and Zero left far too much setup to just drop the subject entirely. Although enough time has passed in the universe for an unrelated to the Protocultur species to rise up. Perhaps they're not giant bugs at all (at least not autonomous ones), but an advanced Dunbine like technology with humanoid piloted bio-ships that look like bugs.

Unfortunately, Dynamite was pretty specific about the "Fire Bombers Final Concert" thing, so I doubt they'll pop up...well Maybe Basara, I don't see how Kawamori could resist at least a cameo there. And yes, I know a lot of you hate him, whatever, let it go.

You've never heard of bands getting back together? Besides there was no real reason for them to stay split that came up in Dynamite other then Basara wanted to follow some whales around.

Except that we're dealing with Shoji Kawamori here, if he's done with something, he's pretty much done with it. We're talking about a man who hired Arihiro Hase to come back as a rapist & laughing space monster, rather than having Hikaru re-appear!

True...

This is Shoji, "Hikaru, Misa, Minmay their story is done, nobody cares what happened to the Megaroad anyway"

MW, "we want megaroad, we want megaroad"

Shoji, "yep, nobody cares... not me, not the fans... nobody. Hell I wouldn't be making more macross if I didn't get blackmailed into it with Plus."

But... a Macross 7 fan can dream...

Wasn't able to post, but caught this last night while running a bit late for work. Since I was waiting on someone else, I was able to sit and watch it a few times through. It looks fantastic. The overall art style seems to still be very much in tune with Zero and 7, and I'm very happy about that. I'm pretty happy with the character designs, and I love the VF-25 design. Looks like a fantastic mesh of old and new, polished to a mirror shine.

I'm also glad that the CG in the video looks so much better than those grainy photos we saw so long ago.

Looking fantastic so far. Can't wait until it's finally here.

Perhaps they're not giant bugs at all (at least not autonomous ones), but an advanced Dunbine like technology with humanoid piloted bio-ships that look like bugs.

Kinda like Macross's version of RT's Invid or Bioroids?? I don't mind either, but the organic angle is a bit 'meh!' anymore.

I wonder what the capital ships are going to look like...

Vic Mancini

Thanks for the transformation pictures! It's as I thought, the cockpit is YF-19 style, vertical in Battroid mode with the canopy side facing the rear. The main difference in the VF-25 is the nose folds 180 degrees as I suspected, not just 90 degrees like the YF-19. I can also see what appears to be a small heat shield sliding forward from the traditional underside of the forward dorsal fuselage. It looks like it covers the exposed joint of the nose tip folding over. I've done a Kelsain-like picture to point to it:

shield.jpg

azrael

I think it's a safe bet it's a just differences due to a CG conversion of the VF-17. Plus some styling differences like the cockpit and those wings (the rear wing edge looks different). Also, there are nose guns on this VF-17, they are just pushed back further, behind either side of the canopy rather than right beside.

Negative, the logo on Ozma's helmet and the top of the grey VF-25 No. 001 (horned skull with dagger) is very different form the school badge on Alto's shirt.

See the school badge scan below.

Graham

Thanks Graham San

So far we have three different color schemes of VF-25 shown:-
  1. No. 001, Grey with yellow & black trim from New Type Magazine, December 2007 issue, page 61.
  2. No. 007, white with red and black trim (Hikaru colors) from New Type magazine, December 2007 issue, pages 126-127.
  3. White with purple trim from the preview movie. This is the only one that could possibly have a normal UN Spacy kite logo on the wing.
Graham

BUT, I have quesiton~~~

001 and 007 have not U.N. LOGO, so is it student Valk?????

Translation of the first article completed: http://www.macrossroleplay.org/forums/index.php?topic=1422

I agree that there are strong shades of the space aliens in Aim for the Top! in the preview trailer.

I'm strongly suggesting caution when referring to the aliens. The Japanese text does not use words like "alien" (宇宙人) or "monster"(怪物

), but instead say "life form"(生命体).

Thanks Graham San

BUT, I have quesiton~~~

001 and 007 have not U.N. LOGO, so is it student Valk?????

Given the documentation so far, it is most likely a student Valkyrie. Whether it is a training VF, testing VF, or something totally different, is yet to be clarified. As far as has been suggested, the VF-17 is the main fighter of the colony fleet...