Yamato 1/60 YF-21 News & Pics

Graham

Are those push-on heatshields? Because if they're integrated, I'm very interested to know what gimmick they used to make it possible.

I think those heat shields are just molded in place. I don't think those Vf-22 battroids are transformable. If they are... that's an AMAZING job.

the two fighters are Hasegawa's VF-22 1/72 ... it was released as a Max version only, but it can be custom painted as a Milia or Gamlin since it brings the decals for it... except the yellow decals for the Gamlin version

the battroids are conversion kits from a WF exclusive (I think) very hard to find and expensive 250+ that needs some serious cutting and kitbashing from an original Hasegawa VF-22 fighter...

Yea I'm currently working on the kit and will make a jointed version. I tried looking for revoltech joints, but unfortunately they're unavailable for individual sale unless you buy a couple of the figures and pull the joints off those.

***EDIT***

It seems like I will be using the Kotobukiya joints instead.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

I bet you that the gunpods will attach by magnets.

They should be releasing it with gunpods since they have the know-how to be able to put the gunpods on the 21 in fighter, whether it be by magnets or some other method. So there's no excuse to releasing it like they did the 1/72, without gunpods.

I'm liking what I see from the cad in that pic of the sv-51. :)

As far as I can see from that pic, the back boosters are too low in battroid mode. Not just it would interfere with the knee articulation, but it's not anime accurate. I was hoping that Yamato would solve that issue in this release since the 1/72 version had the same problem. I still hope that CAD doesn't reflect the final version for that matter, it's a tricky thing but not an impossible thing to do.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Aren't the engines supposed to hang low. Yes, naturally everyone's first reaction will be "NOT THAT LOW!" But seriously, they don't look all that off to me. The three-dimensional thrust vanes are supposed to end just short of the rear knee joint.

yf-21-battroid-rear.gif

We really need a better shot of that CAD art to know for certain.

the line art has the vanes ending at knee level, while the CAD art *seems* to show the vanes starting at kneel level.

I don't think it's that big of a deal but it would be nice if yamato had some sort of gimmick in place that raised the the thrusters up higher on the back in battroid.

Well it does have to be taken into consideration that the Line art example that you guys are using shows an underside-ish angle as oppose a straight side angle.

The WF CAD shot shown here can't be used to clearly judge the vectoring panes.

You can't even see the YF-21's knees because the bay covers are blocking them.

post-4919-1186977889_thumb.jpg

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

Nope, I'm looking at a side shot of the yf-21 on page 90 of the Design Works book. The vanes pretty clearly end before knee joint. and you can make out where the knee joint *should* be based on the curve of the leg which is visible in the CAD. The yf-21 has pretty distinctive legs so it's not that hard to guesstimate.

The back area is super short from a side-ish view in the Design Works. Page 89 in the lower-left corner (and page 90 with FP). They end right around the top of the legs/hip, before the nose tip. It all depends on the persective of the pic. The other views of the 21 make the back look much bigger and longer.

I'll wait for more pics of the cad battroid before I even start getting critical. When we see a prototype is when I'll start getting really critical (if there's anything to be critical about).

nah, it doesn't have to do with the perspective, it's all about the mode. In gerwalk and battroid, the thrusters slide up along the back. If you look at the double diamonds on the back as a reference point, the thrusters sit well below that line in fighter and in gerwalk and battroid they move up so that the the thrusters are in line with the "diamonds" (what are those anyways?) The transformation sequence on the top right corner of page 90 of design works show the thrusters sliding up and the vanes opening up.

More than fowler flaps and detachable limbs, the moving thrusters is actually part of the transformation of the valk. And considering even the 1/72 had a mechanism to do this, I have little doubt the 1/60 would not have it. I just hope it locks in place properly this time... magnets?

Edited by eugimon

Those diamonds are the exit ports for the micro missiles.

That's a crap pic if you want to see what the YF-21 is all about.

I really hope that we get more.

Edited by kensei

ah, I figured it was those but didn't know for sure. Thanks ;)

Yeah.. i really wish yamato wasn't so darn secretive about their releases. Other companies like goodsmile seem to be much more open and fan friendly.

Then again, maybe goodsmile's fans are more friendly... haha.

You're right, I was looking at it funny eugimon. :p When I tried lining up the bottom of the thrusters with that line on the top of the leg, it lines up.

I never noticed that about the sliding thrusters though. :) All these years and I never noticed it! :lol: Man, now I have to go looking at all the transformations of the other valkyries and see if I missed anything.

Sumdumgai--you've never had a YF-21 toy or kit? They all move the engine nacelles--it's a required part of the transformation. If they didn't, the engine nozzles would be next to the feet in battroid mode---if not projecting beyond.

Anyways---better pic of battroid mode CAD here: http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=11...1433&size=o

People are welcome to try to and photoshop out the Sv-51 in front of it.

I'm surprised to see the battroid mode CAD, but is it just me or the head is not visible? I hope it's just me. :) From what I can judge from that picture, the wing hinges looks very smiliar as used on the SV-51 wing. It contains another joint segment inside the wing to have it fold over once more compared to the 1/72 with only one hinge. The only thing that worries me now is the side profile of the fighter mode. I highly hope the proportions are accurate as the anime from the side view and not a really huge gap on the side with the arms visible.

Bwah lol! The wing concept I had doesn't have to go on this, just an idea Eugimon so you don't have to take it too seriously. I honestly still think some extra features are nice to have with it though. Let's just play the waiting game then. So until then we can see how it turns out.

Edited by Hayabusa