I am Legend

Ladic

Yeah, Charlton Heston was in some pretty good movies, but he wasn't the reason they were good. In fact, his "One Trick Pony" acting method usually brought a bit of campiness to serious roles.

I never said Chuck Heston = good actor, I said Chuck Heston > Will Smith, who is also a one trick pony, and his trick is way more shrill.

"Awwww hell nah!" <punches someone>

I never said Chuck Heston = good actor, I said Chuck Heston > Will Smith, who is also a one trick pony, and his trick is way more shrill.

"Awwww hell nah!" <punches someone>

Obviosly you've never seen Six Degrees Of Seperation, The Legend Of Bagger Vance, or The Pursuit Of Happiness.

I would say that the Omega Man is loosely based on I Am Legend (novel). They made a lot of changes to it.

But Ginrai is completely right that the novel influenced a lot of movies, either as adaptations or otherwise. You chould check out how many of Richard Matheson's works have been adapted, many times with himself as a screenwriter.

I read "I am Legend" about four years back in England, halfway through university. It has stuck with me to this day; no other book inspires quite as much hopelessness and despair as this one.

I have a feeling that the movie will be "Hollywooded" somewhat, however, and we will have happy bits on screen; particularly since Will Smith is such a positive sort of actor. Nonetheless, I'll be catching it. There is nothing quite as gratifying as vicariously satisfying an insatiable fear.

Edited by shiyao

Thanks for the Omega Man trailer. I can't watch it at work (stupid content filter) but I am excited to check it out from home. Saw that movie at a 24 hr Sci-Fi marathon a couple years ago and LOVED it. Great stuff.

Saw "I am Legend" (VP Version) on AMC about 6 months ago. Good stuff there too.

I'm thinking this could be pretty good.

I read a psychological paper recently that said that chaotic creatures like zombies and whatnot are always popular during chaotic times in society. Between this movie, Invasion, and a few others, it seems that this is holding true.

Thanks for the Omega Man trailer. I can't watch it at work (stupid content filter) but I am excited to check it out from home. Saw that movie at a 24 hr Sci-Fi marathon a couple years ago and LOVED it. Great stuff.

Saw "I am Legend" (VP Version) on AMC about 6 months ago. Good stuff there too.

I'm thinking this could be pretty good.

I read a psychological paper recently that said that chaotic creatures like zombies and whatnot are always popular during chaotic times in society. Between this movie, Invasion, and a few others, it seems that this is holding true.

No problem. You can practically watch the entire Omega Man on YouTube. ;)

I'm interested to see this... I'm also glad in finally learning I wasn't crazy thinking there were multiple other related versions of the story... I always here names like Omega Man and Last Man on Earth thrown about without actually knowing that much about them...

Never thought I would see a movie where Will Smith would be hitting golf balls off of the back end of a CIA A-12 Oxcart/Blackbird! :p (The one that's in the Intrepid's collection)

Does anyone remember his rap/hip-hop days anymore? ;) I wonder what DJ Jazzy Jeff is up to?

http://www.djjazzyjeff.com/

Never thought I would see a movie where Will Smith would be hitting golf balls off of the back end of a CIA A-12 Oxcart/Blackbird! :p (The one that's in the Intrepid's collection)

Does anyone remember his rap/hip-hop days anymore? ;) I wonder what DJ Jazzy Jeff is up to?

http://www.djjazzyjeff.com/

I know this is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off topic but I gots mad love for DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince: "Girls of the World R but Nothin' Trouble", "A Taste of Jazz", "Parents Just Don't Understand", "Summertime", & my favorite "Charlie Mac is the first out da limo"(a rap about their bodyguard). I know Jeff is still a mainstay in Hip-Hop and his "Taste of Jazz Productions"has produced for acts like Jill Scott & Floetry. Jeff never left Philly for the bright lights of Hollywood. I remember in the mid to late 80's Jeff competed & beat all the best DJs in New York City at a big DJ competition.

Edited by terry the lone wolf

Nice, thanks for the link! This is def. on the watch list. I saw the trailer in theaters the other day and i'm eagerly awaiting this. Heh, never thought i'd be as exicited about a Will Smith movie as i am about this one. Actually other than MIB2... and Wild West he's been in some pretty decent movies.

After reading through these posts i think i'm going to have to pick up the book to keep me busy until this is released... and i hate books!

Edited by Veritas

The trailer looks good and intriguing. But once I found out that 'zombies' are going to be the catch of the movie (Omega Man trailer), I was less excited about the idea. But given the credit of the novel, which actually inspired the many 'zombie' movies that we saw, I might still go watch this one.