Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone

UN Spacy

I just viewed the newtype scan image of the EVA00 at its original size and realised the shield is called ESV, Enchanted Shield of Virtue? WTF? :lol:

So much for the bottom of a space shuttle. :p

I just viewed the newtype scan image of the EVA00 at its original size and realised the shield is called ESV, Enchanted Shield of Virtue? WTF? :lol:

So much for the bottom of a space shuttle. :p

I was trying to thnk of a snappy comeback for that ESV, but it's just sounds so silly, no smart alleck comment comes to mind. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

There are some cool toys coming out for this remake and the HCM Pro looks like it'll have the best ones.

http://www.toyskingdom.com.hk/forum/viewth...;extra=page%3D1

I am almost ecstatic that Eva 01 is coming with a full blown Tokyo 3 weapons tower, not to mention AT fields.

So it looks like the finale of rebuild 1 will be the sniper shoot-out, I'm actually looking forward to seeing that re-animated.

• 2 weeks later...

yikes, that's pretty nasty.

The colors are terrible, and the other changes, while subtle, are poor as well.

Eva was all about direction and characters for me though, so even uglified evas won't make or break this new thing. I will be stearing clear of any merchandise however.

I so want to be onboard for this. I loved the tv series, however....

I THINK the idea for the Rebuild part was stated as trying to streamline and uncomplicate the murkiness of the latter portion of the series.

...is exactly what I'm worried about. The movies were bad enough at dumbing Eva down for an audience that wanted a slam-bang action extravaganza rather than a complex character deconstruction. (And no, I don't buy in to the whole "Well, the tv series was in Shinji's head, and the movie ending was what really happened". What happened was the audience was expecting X-Men and got The Watchmen, so for the movie they wrote out Ozymandias and wrote in Magneto, took all the subtlety, the thought provoking and even uplifting bits out of the end, and cashed in on the action sequence showdown with all of the style but none of the substance.)

On the other hand, if this does turn out to be good, I was never a fan of the actual Eva designs, so the changes in that department don't really bother me.

I'll give it a shot. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be as promethuem5 suggests.

i'm in the undecided camp

i'm hoping this is good but still dont really see it needs to be re-done.

the story went as far as it could go so why change it.

Yeah i dont need dumbed down either. the Nerve logo has issues and the new

Eva designs are Ok for now. Just gonna sit back and see where this goes

That would be my wish too, but please keep some continuity of the original sound track/music, like DYRL.

Let's just hope it re-shapes how we think of EVA just like how DYRL? and Aquarion: Traitor's Wings did.

Well, one can argue weather or not the DYRL? movie produced in Macross 7 is one and the same as the movie produced in 1984.

Then again, having never seen Mac7, I shouldn't be one to talk :D

I see it as a re-take of the same events with subtle differences. There will be a 4th angel attack against Tokyo-3, countered by a sniper-and-shield tactic, just as there will eventually be Asuka, Kaworu, and the other 'major' events in Evangelion (at least until things started getting psychedelic).

But barring these, there are other details that could be different. What if Shinji starts a relationship with Asuka? With Rei? What if Gendo opens up to his son and behaves differently? What if Eva04 doesn't disappear and SEELE's enemies are a little more successful?

Changes lead to more changes and even more changes. All we know that's similar between Eva and Rebuild is that there are Evangelions, Shinji and Rei are there, and so are some of the supporting cast. I think Asuka is waaay to popular to leave out of the rebuild, but other than these things there's still a great latitude for things to act differently. All we need to start at is the attack on the 4th angel, and already the Evas are different.

Asuka will come in later as a transfer student so she might be in the 2nd movie onwards.

Seems to me like the sniper battle will be the climax of the 1s movie.

Just how long is one movie anyway? An hour?