The Gurren Lagann Thread.

8 rocks face.

Gives you a totally different perspective on Genome, though. I always thought he had fought and lost, but this shows him to be a traitor to spiral-kind and the cause of their destruction.

Edited by Duke Togo

he was shown the evils of the spiral race and tempted by the Anti-spirals, the one part that Simon passed where he failed. Poor guy has been through alot. It was kinda cute though seeing chibi Genome with all his animal friends on the spiral shaped playground. And his future throne on teppelin is the same shape too.

8 is definitely my favorite. Not only was it very well animated and filled with awesomeness. It also tells almost the whole back story of Lord Genome in a mere 3:40 minutes. I like it better than the others, because it actually has some canon story elements that adds to the series. Not just some fun experimental music clips of an alternate universe. Wish the other videos were done in similar fashion. Very good stuff!

I saw someone on youtube commenting that this animation was actually footage used for the GL movie, but was paired with different music. Is that true? If so, that would be great, and one more good reason to have the movie DVD in my collection in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Another anime I am slowly getting into. Three things caught my attention:

Revoltech Yoko

and...

I forgot the other two :)

Yoko is enough :)

Will happily plop down to watch this eventually when I get the chance.

Pete

English dubs come out tomorrow, gonna pick one up as soon as I can locate a copy. You guys think Best Buy will carry the dubs and subs at the same time?

--edit-- Oops, looks like its next week instead. And apparently Bestbuy.com only has the subs listed. FYE has the dubs listed for release on the 18th.

Edited by one_klump

Ahh, nice to see one of the parallel works in good quality. I was trying to watch them as they were released, but kept missing them. So I've only seen about half. So thanks for the link. (though is it trueHD being labeled as a mere DVD rip?)

I caught the last half of the finale on Sci-Fi. First time I'd seen the dub. It's alright, but the word-fit system once again mucks with classic moments. Still, it reminded me about the show. So my interest is finally back into it.

New Gurren Lagann manga in high-school parody scanlation is online on onemanga.

Its fun to see the gurren brigade in high school theme, especially when Nia literally landed on Simon face :lol:

English dubs come out tomorrow, gonna pick one up as soon as I can locate a copy. You guys think Best Buy will carry the dubs and subs at the same time?

--edit-- Oops, looks like its next week instead. And apparently Bestbuy.com only has the subs listed. FYE has the dubs listed for release on the 18th.

So.. all the series is dubbed or they slowly releasing it all in seasons (if there is that many)?

I really want to get into this anime, i'll hold out for the compete box set of dubbed and the option of Japanese original vocal with subs

... and a movie is planned? cool! Yes, i'll be joing the fray soon..

UNSPACY THAT IS THE BAD ASS! Is that the Revoltech fig? I'm waiting for a SPEC or SOC...

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

So.. all the series is dubbed or they slowly releasing it all in seasons (if there is that many)?

I really want to get into this anime, i'll hold out for the compete box set of dubbed and the option of Japanese original vocal with subs

... and a movie is planned? cool! Yes, i'll be joing the fray soon..

UNSPACY THAT IS THE BAD ASS! Is that the Revoltech fig? I'm waiting for a SPEC or SOC...

The box set is overated save your money. I picked up the mouth opening box set today that includes volumes 1&2 along with the light-up core drill. The box itself is ok with a magnet holding the thing closed. The core drill is utterly craptacular. Basically a tiny xmas light inside that doesn't light it evenly. It also sealed up so you can't even change the battery.

Why couldn't they have given this thing a decent LED and a slow strobe function. Damn you Bandai. :angry: JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE! :lol:

Picked up the English Dubs yesterday at FYE, and they are not bad at all. Just got the normal 2 disc set, episodes 1-9. Nothing special or extra, only $30.

Cheers for the review. How many volumes is there in total?

The box looks like it will hold 6 volumes total. As usual they give you a lot in the first 2 volumes, like 9 ep or something and then they will probably taper it back.

Personally, I think it should be 4 like the subtitled version and then that would leave two slots...one for Parallel works and one for the movie.

Anybody else think that Gurren Lagann would make a good tenchi style clone...you know a few versions from different universes.

I just read the gurren lagann High school manga and kinda like the idea of utilizing these characters in some other settings. Might be fun.

The box looks like it will hold 6 volumes total. As usual they give you a lot in the first 2 volumes, like 9 ep or something and then they will probably taper it back.

Personally, I think it should be 4 like the subtitled version and then that would leave two slots...one for Parallel works and one for the movie.

The sub only disc's were 6 disc's too, these will have the exact same episode count.

• 2 weeks later...