The Gurren Lagann Thread.

Wow...the movie is a compilation of TV episodes?! Not a brand new feature?!!!

That paragraph did mention there is new footage added, about 1 episode's worth of new stuff. But still a bit disappointing, as I was expecting a brand new movie.

• 3 weeks later...

This may not be good news, now that I see others have the same problem as mine on AnimeOnDvd forum.

There IS skipping on my Vol.3 disc 2, at the 28 min~ mark of the disc, in Episode 25, part A. The skipping happens at the exact spot everytime, and last(skip) for close to a minute of content, then back to normal. However, when I play it with my PS3, the skip is gone. So I do think the disc is defective (even though I just exchanged my copy, thinking it was just my copy before I saw this thread). But with some DVD players, you won't see the skip.

Edited by mpchi

lol I know a little late here but just finished the show before the skool year started up again and OMFG it was as awesome as GGG but shorter and thus faster plot everyone said it was friggin amazing but no one told me just how outrageously awesome it was!!. I mean the power their robots by like badass power more or less jeez. Definitly will buy the box set when it comes out ^_^

It wouldn't be Bandai Ent if they didn't have a major defect batch of disc's at least twice a year. I mean, it would be crazy for them to use Bandai Visual's manufacturer now that they've been incorperated into the company...

I think I can describe this in one word: Boring... <_<

I don't know; the part where the time-lapse film of the clouds kept switching back and forth between forwards and backwards was...

Crap; who am I trying to fool. :huh:

This one was VERY Underwhelming. I can only hope that some profound artistic statement is being made; one that is only able to be understood by folks with a Master-level understanding of Japanese history and cultural references. Maybe it wasn't just a half-assed mish-mash of nature footage. Maybe it is full of meaning that just went over my head. :mellow:

I've been watching this on SciFi channel but I still don't know what to think about the show. I don't dislike it but I don't really like at the same time. I find it interesting but the character designs that you'd see in a comedy show tend to throw me off when there are serious moments.

I've been watching this on SciFi channel but I still don't know what to think about the show. I don't dislike it but I don't really like at the same time. I find it interesting but the character designs that you'd see in a comedy show tend to throw me off when there are serious moments.

Its meant to be a comedy afterall (though more than just comedy), even though it has serious moments. I quite like the character designs actually. Its a bit hard to see very unigue designs these days, after so many decades of anime. But they managed to come up with something different. Not something for everyone for sure, as the designs are very flamboyant and loud. But they sure leave an impression. A good one for most, but a bad one for others.

:huh: its meant to be a IN YO FACE high powered adrenaline rush about a bunch of crazy apefaces so nuts they are able to power robots with the power of awesomeness and badassness alone and take down anyone that stands in their way I mean holy crap the

MOON IS A GIANT ROBOT!!!

It truly brought back awesome memories of watching shows like this just not as over the top from when I was younger like original power rangers voltron thundercats and such where the ONLY reason they won was because they were awesome and the few times they would lose and it would only be for a single episode was because the bad guy was just more kick ass then they were and that bad guy would generally team up with them in the end anyways to make them even more badass. I showed it to my two buds and they both couldn't look away and my room mate who isn't into anime caught us watching the last couple eps and was amazed by how ridiculous the show was and admitted he had never seen anything so over the top in his life and that it was friggin awesome B))

:huh: its meant to be a IN YO FACE high powered adrenaline rush about a bunch of crazy apefaces so nuts they are able to power robots with the power of awesomeness and badassness alone and take down anyone that stands in their way I mean holy crap the

MOON IS A GIANT ROBOT!!!

It truly brought back awesome memories of watching shows like this just not as over the top from when I was younger like original power rangers voltron thundercats and such where the ONLY reason they won was because they were awesome and the few times they would lose and it would only be for a single episode was because the bad guy was just more kick ass then they were and that bad guy would generally team up with them in the end anyways to make them even more badass. I showed it to my two buds and they both couldn't look away and my room mate who isn't into anime caught us watching the last couple eps and was amazed by how ridiculous the show was and admitted he had never seen anything so over the top in his life and that it was friggin awesome B))

You like Super Sentai eh? I recommend Bamboo Blade which isn't about Super Sentai per se but one of the characters is a SS otaku. Pretty funny! ;)