CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

My problem is that I am a stickler for accuracy, keeping a toy as close to the original creator's vision as possible. My "issue" with a red Tread is that if the original creators never gave us the color specs for a red Tread, how do we know what we are seeing is "correct"? It's like saying Han Solo had a blue Xwing... you never actually saw it and you don't have any original Lucas approved color sheets of what one looks like so if a toy company makes a blue Han Solo Xwing how do you know it's "right"?

Then again this toy is so "wrong" to begin with it's pretty much a moot point. The only thing I was pointing out is that we never see a red Tread. We can assume they exist in some shape or form but what that actual shape or form is is anyone's guess as the creators of Mospeada never really told us what one would actually look like.

That's true. I think it's safe to assume that every legioss was meant to have a corresponding Tread to mate to (we do see three of the four in the series) but it's also true that the red Legioss has it's own paint variation so its Tread may also appear unique. Without an actual illustration though it can't be definitively labeled as incorrect. It'd be cool if Toynami still makes their Beta and chooses to go with a variant paint scheme that better matches the Alpha's. Then again, it'd still be made by Toynami.

Does it really matter anyway since none of you guys are even going to buy one of these things?

Oh I'm gettin' one... just haven't decided which one yet. The blue one would be my normal choice but making the others LEs is a bit appealing. OOOOh, you think we'll see a super LE Dark Legioss version?? Does CMs ever do super LE stuff?

My problem is that I am a stickler for accuracy, keeping a toy as close to the original creator's vision as possible. My "issue" with a red Tread is that if the original creators never gave us the color specs for a red Tread, how do we know what we are seeing is "correct"? It's like saying Han Solo had a blue Xwing... you never actually saw it and you don't have any original Lucas approved color sheets of what one looks like so if a toy company makes a blue Han Solo Xwing how do you know it's "right"?

Then again this toy is so "wrong" to begin with it's pretty much a moot point. The only thing I was pointing out is that we never see a red Tread. We can assume they exist in some shape or form but what that actual shape or form is is anyone's guess as the creators of Mospeada never really told us what one would actually look like.

Wow. Sometimes I lay awake nights wondering if we're headed into another recession, and I think I'm weird.

Totoro242 > thanks for the pics!

may i know which book is that? i'm really interested in any Mospeada books esp those with background info, tech specs and line-art but i don't know of any.

so the zetas are from Jupiter Juno base, but there's no moon base? :p

------------------------

BTW iirc, in the anime where they found the tread, Jim and Yellow BOTH said they found a legioss AND tread - that's a total of 2 more of each, and Jim even verbally confirmed it.

but i wonder why they didn't bring along the other tread?

Wow. Sometimes I lay awake nights wondering if we're headed into another recession, and I think I'm weird.

We're all on a cartoon message board posting about a $300 toy, I would just hope that $300 toy would at least be accurate.

Oh and wait until you own your own business. I have to occupy my thoughts with mundane stuff like this or I'll go mad worrying about deadlines, contracts, clients and other matters.

Well, let me set your mind at ease. You see, I was munching spicy noodles in a small shop in Tokyo in early 1983 (you'll have to forgive my faulty memory, I can't recall the exact date) when suddenly nature called with an urgency that was not to be denied. In my desperate flight to the restroom, I happened to bump into none other than Shinji Aramaki! After relieving myself in the stall, I found a hasty sketch on a wadded piece of toilet paper on the floor. The subject of the bathroom doodle was the controversial red TREAD, and I can confidently assure you that it looked PRECISELY the same as the red TREAD that our good friends at CM's are producing for such an exorbitant price. Unfortunately, I can offer no proof of this, as the stall was otherwise devoid of ass-wiping material and I was forced to use the TREAD sketch to cleanse my nether regions. :unsure:

Edited by Shaggydog

Believe me, you are NOT alone. I sometimes worry about this issue too, then feel guilty about still buying toys, er, collectibles.

:huh:

whew, I see im not the only one feeling the pinch. One the bright side, if you do have expendable money these should go on sale status real quick and you can pick some up at a bargain.

Well, let me set your mind at ease. You see, I was munching spicy noodles in a small shop in Tokyo in early 1983 (you'll have to forgive my faulty memory, I can't call to mind the exact date) when suddenly nature called with an urgency that was not to be denied. In my desperate flight to the restroom, I happened to bump into none other than Shinji Aramaki! After relieving myself in the stall, I found a hasty sketch on a wadded piece of toilet paper on the floor. The subject of the bathroom doodle was the controversial red TREAD, and I can confidently assure you that it looked PRECISELY the same as the red TREAD that our good friends at CM's are producing for such an exorbitant price. Unfortunately, I can offer no proof of this, as the stall was otherwise devoid of ass-wiping material and I was forced to use the TREAD sketch to cleanse my nether regions. :unsure:

You sure it wasn't red because of the wipe? :lol:

I Keed I Keed

Edited by chowyunskinny

I think part of the big deal some people might have with the non existent red tread, (though for a lot of us its moot point because we're not going to buy the set considering how ugly it turned out) is that your pretty much being forced to buy a non-cannon toy, to get a cannon one. If these were all being sold separately then you could happily ignore the red tread.

Edited by GobotFool

If I was buying these I would really only want the "freedom fighters" lineup, which was a blue Eta, a green Iota, a red Zeta and a blue Tread and perhaps the Ride Armors that accompanied them. Those were the "hero" units of the show. Sure you saw a green Tread or two in the background on one episode and you saw a few Dark Legiosses, a single Dark Tread and a tiny fleeting glimpse of a Dark Legioss drone or two but those don't warrant a purchase in my mind. I'm that "kid" who just wants his Luke, Han and Chewie... and maybe the Princess... I could care less about the Death Star Droid and the Rebel Soldier.

If CM's wanted my business they'd pack a blue Eta, a green Iota, a red Zeta and a blue Tread in one box, call it the "Mospeada show special edition" and THEN I'd pay $300 for it as it would be a "complete" set in my mind.

To be fair, GERWALK combined fighter (I think) was never seen in the show either, it's just really cool line art at this point. For my part, I seriously doubt the CMs can pull this off. We can all see the Legioss sits WAY too low when linked with its feet way splayed apart (because it is sitting so low the feet run smack dab into the Tread's hips). If you have a flexi-display stand I bet anything is possible but it's probably going to take some tweaking and be a "display case only" type of pose.

Ha that picture actually makes the legioss/tread look like a duck (well in my minds eye anyways). Im sorry, simple things amuse me :lol: .

No, I see it. Totally looks like a duck (or goose) coming in for a landing. Now someone just needs to photoshop in an inbit in a hunters cap with a shotgun waiting in the reeds. :lol:

well back to the topic on transforming to gerwalk mode with legioss and tread comibine, i think it will depend on the transformation of the tread, but then again.. mayb we can study the robot and bomber mode carefully to see it its possible =)

:lol:

but i think maybe there is 50% probability that it can be done during combined mode.

Let's study and speculate abit and really put it to the test after we have gotten the legioss and tread in our hands :lol:

Edited by eyesonme78

New info and pics on the green legioss

http://www.cmscorp.jp/news/08wonfes_win.html

WonderFest Event price: 28,000yen (inclusive tax) but limited sets (Feb 24)

Or we can order from the CMS website @ 29,400 yen (tax incl) in Early March.

l01.jpg

l02.jpg

l03.jpg

hmmm that tailfin's sticking out...

still undecided if i want to get the green and red ones.

are there other companies (besides toynami) coming out with the Legioss + Tread?

Why is the Tread landing gear hanging down in the third picture?

For $300, you're telling me that they can't get the 'sensor head' (my word, don't know the official definition) to lay flat on the intake in Battroid mode? Seriously?

The tailfins sticking out of the arms look just plain goofy.

The linkup does look better in this pic, but as Kyp said, the legs sticking out of the sides just looks plain goofy.

It's sad that nobody else is planning on making one of these. I will not buy a Toynami and I just don't think I can convince myself to spend THAT much money on something with so many flaws...I think if it were $150 maybe...but not double that...

Its almost like two different teams were given the task of designing the legioss and the tread, and halfway through they realized they were supposed to link together. How else can you explain the stupidity that is how the arm fins stick out?

Although the tips of the tailfins do stick out, I notice in these picks that they are at least folded in all the way. Most earlier pics had them sticking out at an angle.

Maybe you guys can just trim down the tailfins and repaint them? ;)

I hope the missile bay doors on the legs aren't as fragile as Toynami's, simply because of the size. I still think this scale is way too small to be cramming that many little details into.

Edited by eriku