1/60 YF-19 Fast Packs & Fold Booster

Mechamaniac

So what if the toy sits on the shelf for a year in some toystore and the batteries start to leak? Besides, batteries lose power even when they're not used, so you might end up paying for a couple of batteries that work for only two weeks.

Coin cell batteries (when in used & not used) don't leak and retain their power better than your usual dry cell batteries. That's why they are specially used for products like toys and watches. When the product is new, you will find an insulator tab separating the battery from the connectors so the battery stays fresh up to two years average.

The very pricey CM's Corp diecast Patlabors came with battery included. The contacts were insulated by a plastic strip which you removed to 'activate'. IIRC Bandai's SOC T28 and Black OX also came with batteries included for their light-up features. Takara's MP-01 Convoy definitely came with watch cells for its matrix. Even my crappy Zoids Bio-raptor included a watch cell for its lights and sounds.

However, my SPEC Layzner, SOC Base and self-transforming D-17 do not include the common AAAs they require to work.

I think the rule of thumb is: Nobody gripes much when a toy that uses 'cheap' AA or AAA batteries comes without them, but pricier collectibles that use 'special' cells should always have them included.

The very pricey CM's Corp diecast Patlabors came with battery included. The contacts were insulated by a plastic strip which you removed to 'activate'. IIRC Bandai's SOC T28 and Black OX also came with batteries included for their light-up features. Takara's MP-01 Convoy definitely came with watch cells for its matrix. Even my crappy Zoids Bio-raptor included a watch cell for its lights and sounds.

However, my SPEC Layzner, SOC Base and self-transforming D-17 do not include the common AAAs they require to work.

I think the rule of thumb is: Nobody gripes much when a toy that uses 'cheap' AA or AAA batteries comes without them, but pricier collectibles that use 'special' cells should always have them included.

meh, my very expensive PG kits don't come with the "special" cells. any drug store has them.

I agree with Scream Man besides, it's not like those batteries cost an arm and a leg.

I for one got my Fold booster and fast parts yesterday, and I'm really happy with them. The batteries not included don't bother me at all.

so, the one place where I thought yamato did miss the boat, was with the gun. If they made the the little port on the side of the gun a little bigger, and made it an actual slot (like with the gun pods for the VF-0 and VF-1) and made the the shield peg smaller to fit, we would be able to stow the gun in battroid.

That's a nice idea eugimon. I may just try that out. I think I'll end up shaving the rectangular peg down on the shield. Since I find the two arms are kind of hard to separate when transforming it from fighter to gerwalk mode.

***EDIT***

Okay... I measured the rectangular peg on the shield and its about seven (7) and 1 1/2 mm big. The shell port is about five (5) and just barely 1 1/2 mm big.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

Done... Credit goes to eugimon for the idea (in which I stole) :lol:

Mods will be posted in the respected thread: http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...0&start=120

***EDIT***

I apologize for all the excess stuff that ended up in the shots. My space is quite limited and my room is completely cluttered.

post-4919-1184693017_thumb.jpg

post-4919-1184693027_thumb.jpg

post-4919-1184693036_thumb.jpg

post-4919-1184693046_thumb.jpg

post-4919-1184693086_thumb.jpg

post-4919-1184693099_thumb.jpg

post-4919-1184693109_thumb.jpg

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

I just got my YF-19 with FB/FP and I immediately transformed it to check if anything is wrong with. Here's a list all the thing that I found wrong with it.

1. There's a little stressmark on one of the two parts where the screw goes through behind the cockpit.
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. uhmmm, that's it actually.
Oh yeah, it's absolutely beautiful.

Damn that mod looks hot!!! PsYcHoDyNaMiX you rock!!!!

That is the best original mod to I've seem in a while. . .

Think about it, it seems like it's really supposed to be that way, like it might have been part of the original design.

It just gives the 19 a whole other asthetic.

Outstanding!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Now I'm thinking about doing the same thing. . .

Edited by DARKWIND

Again sweet mod dude, but before I do this. . . .

One question, Does this mod affect the arms locking in fighter mode?

meh, my very expensive PG kits don't come with the "special" cells. any drug store has them.

Your very expensive PG kits don't come assembled, coated with primer, putty cured or painted out of the box either. And none of them come supplied with the crucial ingredients required to complete your model kit. Your example requires the collector's involvement - getting the batteries is one of them. Yamato's VFs are toys like any other toys out there are for lazy-assed collectors that want instant action out of the box - except for the AA or AAA dry cells that are sometimes not included, all electronic products that run on coin cells, come with them. You can of course, tell the difference between model kits and toys right?

Oh and, Scream man, it does matter that I post if something is blatantly wrong. It just doesn't matter to me that you care. :D

Your very expensive PG kits don't come assembled, coated with primer, putty cured or painted out of the box either. And none of them come supplied with the crucial ingredients required to complete your model kit. Your example requires the collector's involvement - getting the batteries is one of them. Yamato's VFs are toys like any other toys out there are for lazy-assed collectors that want instant action out of the box - except for the AA or AAA dry cells that are sometimes not included, all electronic products that run on coin cells, come with them. You can of course, tell the difference between model kits and toys right?

Maybe because it's a model kit?

:rolleyes:

Oh and, Scream man, it does matter that I post if something is blatantly wrong. It just doesn't matter to me that you care. :D

aw Bob, your little insulting rants are so cute! Let's here another one! It's so cute when the troll comes out from under his bridge.

here's 845 listings on HLJ.com that don't come with batteries: Batteries Not Included

And because you're so anal, here's two toys, priced similarly to the booser set, that require button batteries, which are not included:

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN922203

http://www.hlj.com/product/TAK08205

You'll notice one is BANDAI and one is TAKARA!!! OH NOES! And, these toys are completely worthless without batteries, because unlike the fold booster where the light up is a gimmick, these items require electricity for any functionality. DOUBLE OH NOES! Bandai, why have you forsaken us???

go write a letter.

Edited by eugimon

DARKWIND... If you mod it the way I have it in the picture it will not mess with the arm positioning in fighter mode, but if you decide to take the entire two (2) mm of material off then you may have to fidget with the arms a little when transforming it back into fighter mode.

If you've already taken off all of the two (2) mm of material (like what I originally did) and don't want to bother with the fidgeting; no worries just go get some epoxy... apply and reshape as neccessary.

***EDIT***

Thanks for the comments guys!

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

aw Bob, your little insulting rants are so cute! Let's here another one! It's so cute when the troll comes out from under his bridge.

here's 845 listings on HLJ.com that don't come with batteries: Batteries Not Included

And because you're so anal, here's two toys, priced similarly to the booser set, that require button batteries, which are not included:

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN922203

http://www.hlj.com/product/TAK08205

You'll notice one is BANDAI and one is TAKARA!!! OH NOES! And, these toys are completely worthless without batteries, because unlike the fold booster where the light up is a gimmick, these items require electricity for any functionality. DOUBLE OH NOES! Bandai, why have you forsaken us???

go write a letter.

What's cuter is when you actually spent time to list that just to prove me wrong. For being labeled a troll, you gave too much credit to my arguments. I do accept the fact that some electronic products do come without batteries included.

But I am a chogokin & transforming toys collector. If people like Bandai and Takara are supplying batteries for their transformable toys with electronic parts, it's only natural of me to expect (not hope) that Yamato does the same. By not doing it, they're just supplying me with another nail for their coffin; on top of their many trangressions.

Edited by Beware of Blast

just because you're argumentative, doesn't mean you have arguements.

since you won't bother to ever answer or respond to points that contradict your tantrums: both the ideon and layzner do not include batteries. both are Bandai, soul of chogokin line toys.

Edited by eugimon

What's cuter is when you actually spent time to list that just to prove me wrong. For being labeled a troll, you gave too much credit to my arguments. I do accept the fact that some electronic products do come without batteries included.

Better than making sweeping statements which are uninformed and not thought out. I can't believe you'd argue for 4 more bucks spent while at the supermarket. If it was $20 I would damn well agree, but for the price of a burger?

since you won't bother to ever answer or respond to points that contradict your tantrums: both the ideon and layzner do not include batteries. both are Bandai, soul of chogokin line toys.

Eugimon has a point. Also are you going to acknowledge that the YF-19 does not have a fault with the transformation mechanism of the neck and the tightness of the wings?

Edited by kensei

The Ideon does have cell batteries included. Go reread Drifand's post. If anything, he summed it up pretty nicely in one posts.

Better than making sweeping statements which are uninformed and not thought out. I can't believe you'd argue for 4 more bucks spent while at the supermarket. If it was $20 I would damn well agree, but for the price of a burger?

I've paid lesser for my SOC Ideon, Tetsujin 28 metal and normal as well as the Black OX, Takara MP 01 Convoy, they all come with cell batteries included.

I do agree that 4 bucks in very little. But in Yamato's current track record, I'd rather swallow a nicely made burger than seethe with the fact that I've to pay extra to do these LAZY fvckers' job.

You paid 4 bucks? I paid waay less than you and I STILL think Yamato should have supplied the batteries.

Eugimon has a point. Also are you going to acknowledge that the YF-19 does not have a fault with the transformation mechanism of the neck and the tightness of the wings?

The nose fuselage of the 1st version 1/60 YF-19 is tight as hell on first transformation, and 2nd version does not show signs that the same problem is fixed. The tightness of the wing roots for both version 1 & 2 will become loose with multiple play and transformation - This is a fact. Other non-MIB collectors, just need to take care when handling one.

The Ideon does have cell batteries included. Go reread Drifand's post. If anything, he summed it up pretty nicely in one posts.

it also requires three AAA batteries, which are not. Since not all the batteries required for operation are given, I believe I am justified as calling this: batteries required.

I've paid lesser for my SOC Ideon, Tetsujin 28 metal and normal as well as the Black OX, Takara MP 01 Convoy, they all come with cell batteries included.

I do agree that 4 bucks in very little. But in Yamato's current track record, I'd rather swallow a nicely made burger than seethe with the fact that I've to pay extra to do these LAZY fvckers' job.

You paid 4 bucks? I paid waay less than you and I STILL think Yamato should have supplied the batteries.

The nose fuselage of the 1st version 1/60 YF-19 is tight as hell on first transformation, and 2nd version does not show signs that the same problem is fixed. The tightness of the wing roots for both version 1 & 2 will become loose with multiple play and transformation - This is a fact. Other non-MIB collectors, just need to take care when handling one.

I'd rather have a Yamato than a burger, it doesn't clog up my arteries and there are better tasting things to eat than a burger. There is no regulation for including batteries with any toy, and last time I heard, there was no prerequisite for being a lazy collector to buy these toys. $4 AUD for 2 sets enough for two boosters.

The second YF-19 is fixed, and there is no epidemic with the 1st version having busted neck with everyone. Opening up all five of my 2nd edition and still keeping a couple of my firsts already, I can still transform them, one-handed. Non-MIB collectors, read the instructions and use common sense to work out where the joint will move. The tightness of the wing root does not become loose with multiple plays anytime soon if you transform it the way I pictured it (a fact that I will mention again :rolleyes:) and if it is it is entirely fixable, and need only done once in a blue moon. I have not done it once on mine yet.

Oh yeah, and I'm up to transformation #34 on my YF-19. STILL nothing broken. Geez, what if MINE were the QC error? :o

yes BoB, over time all joints become loose. so now you're counting entropy as one of Yamato's problems? Reaching, even for you.

If that's the grounds for a rant, in that case, I'm going to go and piss on about my MMM GQ Impulse and Strike figures in the Gundam figure thread, and also the Gundam modelling thread. Cause it's a PLA(=play)Model. :lol:

Edited by kensei

it also requires three AAA batteries, which are not. Since not all the batteries required for operation are given, I believe I am justified as calling this: batteries required.

I did address the issue of why coin cell are usually provided whereas normal AAA or AA batteries are not - because coin cells don't leak like the normal ones do. The Ideon utilizes no AAA batteries.

Again, Kensei, if what you said is true of your YF19s, great for you. No need to try so hard to convince me because I have them as well. It's a known fact that all Yamato VF toys transforms floppily and certain parts (like the YF19 wing roots) become loose. If you can contend with having to tighten them everytime, then don't let my rant (because I don't like to tighten my toys time and time again) spoil it for you.