1/60 YF-19 Fast Packs & Fold Booster

Mechamaniac

1) Landing gears that should be deploying properly fixed yet?

2) Non-locking Battroid mode's chestplate fixed yet?

3)The tend to get loose thigh pivots for wings on the Battroid mode fixed yet?

Can't just fix some and leave some ya know?

Edited by Beware of Blast

1) Landing gears that should be deploying properly fixed yet?

2) Non-locking Battroid mode's chestplate fixed yet?

3)The tend to get loose thigh pivots for wings on the Battroid mode fixed yet?

Can't just fix some and leave some ya know?

Some is better than none.

Thanks for the update Graham.

great news Graham, I only ordered the fold booster, but I'll wait to see and read the improvements are faults the new 19 bundle will have, if it's good, I'll get one and do a little custom painting to my old one, hehe

Edited by Valkyrie addict

Clarify here:

You should try the 2nd edition 1/72 YF19. Except for lineart accuracy and size, Yamato overlooked nothing.

OK, that's your fine detailed analysis, but then you back track.

The only thing better the 1/60 YF19 has over the 1/72 version is close-to-anime / lineart accuracy. Everything else about the current '19 is a big embarassment.

OK, so it is better than the 1/72 YF-19???

Then,

Neither did I farted the comparison in your general direction. It's been known that the 1/72 '19 is weak in the gerwalk dept. All I care about is the battriod mode. Look here:- 1/72 YF19 unmodded. Drifand may take good photos, but that's a stock '19.

The 1/60's '19 improvements over the 1/72 is nothing to shout about, if anything, Yamato should be ashamed that their 1/60's '19 is being compared to its LESSER incarnation, instead of other better toys. It can't even hold its own.

So, you really aren't so sure about liking the 1/72. As for comparing the two, people compare them because they are the same toy. Why do people compare the 1/60 yamato VF-1s to the 1/48s? Because again, it's the same damn toy, just different scale. Then, if you compare different toys, from different manufacturers, you get a small sample that actually compares. In that case, maybe you can compare Bandai, Toynami, and Yamato.

I personally think that Yamato's toys are about as high up their as other manufacturers. For the detail, actual product, and raw materials, it's a good product. Bandai has solid toys, but look at the detail... not even close. For product stability, compare to Toynami, better QC than Toynami. Overall, I'm not saying you should not complain. You have every right to whine and cry all you want. Just noting where your words seem to be backtracking, so if you are trying to make a point, make it a little more factual, not based all on your emotions.

As a side note, I've never had a single problem with any Yamato toy I've ever owned, except paint chiping on a few diecast parts. It's to be expected though.

Also good news on the fixes. I'll be getting this a little later, as I'll be tying the knot soon. But Looks like my YF-19 will have a slightly different brother.

Edited by Jasonc

When the YF-19 with Fold booster set is released I've just been told it will have the following improvements.

1. Gunpod now straight (parallel to the arms) in fighter mode.
  2. Nose locking mechanism has been redesigned to to make it easier to transform.
  3. Retractable shoulder flaps now more secure, so shouldn't fall off so easily.
  4. Some other improvement to the shoulder, which I'm not clear about. Hopefully the gap in fighter mode has been reduced, but don't quote me on that.
Graham

thankyou Graham! :D Atleast i know when i want a 2nd 19' i won't be dissapointed, but for now the

FP & Fold will do. ^_^ btw guys BoB is right even tho his tounge is sharp. The other fixes should've been addressed.

Landing gear mostly, but other than that the other two are not so bad.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Damn, Now I gotta ge the 1/60 FP combo. I'm still getting the Booster only set.

You can use the extra Fold as a sparey if the other one breaks down,

AND best of all you can mock up a Fold for another 1/60 VF. ;););)

I for one think it will be cool as to see a Fold on.. lets say a 1/60 VF-1.

I will try to mod my Fold onto my VT-1 for sure! Bloody huge lol.

Also the VF-0's will kick ass with the Fold.

IF only Yamato thought to include special adapters for the VF-0's... :p

Maybe after the YF-21's Fold they might include extra connection parts.

I don't care if it's not canon! There would have to be some VF-0 stored away

and some crazy dude wants to fold it away... uhh somewhere. :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Clarify here:

OK, that's your fine detailed analysis, but then you back track.

OK, so it is better than the 1/72 YF-19???

Then,

So, you really aren't so sure about liking the 1/72. As for comparing the two, people compare them because they are the same toy. Why do people compare the 1/60 yamato VF-1s to the 1/48s? Because again, it's the same damn toy, just different scale. Then, if you compare different toys, from different manufacturers, you get a small sample that actually compares. In that case, maybe you can compare Bandai, Toynami, and Yamato.

I personally think that Yamato's toys are about as high up their as other manufacturers. For the detail, actual product, and raw materials, it's a good product. Bandai has solid toys, but look at the detail... not even close. For product stability, compare to Toynami, better QC than Toynami. Overall, I'm not saying you should not complain. You have every right to whine and cry all you want. Just noting where your words seem to be backtracking, so if you are trying to make a point, make it a little more factual, not based all on your emotions.

As a side note, I've never had a single problem with any Yamato toy I've ever owned, except paint chiping on a few diecast parts. It's to be expected though.

Also good news on the fixes. I'll be getting this a little later, as I'll be tying the knot soon. But Looks like my YF-19 will have a slightly different brother.

Late to the game man, but I'll humor you still.

The comparison between the 1/60 YF19 (and practically everything Yamato has made for the Macross franchise) to ANYTHING else is but simple, dumbed down, point of views for simpletons like you in this prattle about QUALITY. Simpleton, because all you see is me backtracking. Simpleton, because it's not the detail, the beauty, the sculpts or whatever bells & whistles but the BUILD QUALITY and the hope that Yamato products ACTUALLY do what is PROMISED, for your monies - that you got pittance for. And yet STILL happily choosing to buy something that is half-fixed and wholely broken for a new 2nd version.

And BoB...people are getting annoyed by your uninformative comments :)

I thank you for your insightful reply then. People getting annoyed or not is, of no significant issue to me - this is not a popularity contest. Besides, I never look good in a sheep's clothing anyway. The more important and disturbing issue is that despite the fact that knowing you will be getting another broken 2nd version, you're still all over it like white on a rice.

I do realise it's my tone and manner but get over it. If AgentOne is still around you'll be the knob of his jokes. If that be the case, you'd probably drop to your knees and suck a manutard's cock at Yamato, if asked nicely.

Can we really just put whatever beefs members have with others behind us? I keep anticipating that whatever news on this topic is exactly that: news. If you have a gripe with someone, please create a new topic so those who are looking for news on this topic no longer have to read 6 pages of smack talk just to get one post of new info (I know, I exaggerated).

Thank you for understanding.

Edited by AlphaOne

I love BoB like I loved AgentOne. I always appreciate other members who will stir up the ire of others more than myself. I think both of them have (had) a lot of good to say and very valid points... it's just a shame neither seem to know when enough has been said. It's like me when it comes to how craptacular the 1/60 Yamato VF-1 is...

In his defense, BoB is attacking Yamato and only (it seems to me) lashing out defensively against members who then defend Yamato and complain about his complaints. I know I've slammed him before for his repetitious gratuitous attacks and I'm sure he spat back but this isn't anything that seems personal or should be abolished. The man (presumably) has a right to batty as vehemently and frequently as he likes and you have every right to put him on the ignore list. Personally, I kind of like it. We get Graham giving us the great scoops and all the good news about Yamato followed by BoB telling us why Yamato is the devil and is actually the true entity behind WWII and the likely assassinators of JFK. It all serves to keep me informed without being over-excited into making irrational preorders.

Hell, the complaints are not so bad so long as we know they are getting somewhere and reaching yamato who will try to get as much right in first release as possible. In the end, the feedback is only going to result in the improvements in the long run. (I never bought any of the 1/60 vf-1 thankfully) "The squeaky wheel gets the oil".

But given their past releases, it should go without saying that if you buy an early release beware of any problems beforehand.

When you buy pc games or console games for example, sometimes they are improved or fixed with patch fixes only AFTER they've been released due to the feedback that can be received when thousands of people have had a chance to playtest the thing over time. It's not like the company intentionally wants to rip people off and make their customer angry, so much as "we were not aware at the time of release of the problem. Had we known at the time we would have already made plans to do something".

Now whining and complaining about it won't have changed the past, because its past. The company is going to do something about it once you've complained about it once and they've let us know that they are aware that it IS a problem and are doing something about it.

But whining again and again out of emotion won't add extra speed is all I'm saying. Its more the repetition that some people don't want to see. If it adds noise it will only make it harder for any reps to sift through the customer complaints if it is not straight to the point in easy format. (ie you have one post, detailing everything wrong with yours, and pics to show which pieces are at fault etc)

Logic vs emotion.

1st: We need to calm down first. Be angry, but let them know why in details.

2nd: state the prob while being polite

3rd: show what the problem is, what you want to be done

Then..

wait.

But just ranting and complaining and bashing yamato (whilst still buying their flawed things) isn't by itself helping as it will just create noise. If I believed it leads to faster response I wouldn't have a problem, but if you must complain try to do it in a way where it can be seen and heard and leads to something being done.

You want only the most relevent information to be presented and not the bashing rant to be seen. Otherwise it will come off as just a random insult from someone who doesn't necesarily want to see something done. ie Actually leading to an action which will benefit all the future customers who may also suffer too if the flaw and complaint is not addressed.

Fine line between being insulting, and helping them to find the problem.

I still use many flawed products but put up with it. Doesn't mean I am an ass kisser who doesn't want to see the fixes applied like the next pissed off guy. Just means it is within tolerance level where I can say "meh, I won't lose too much sleep over it if the problem isn't fixed instantly". This is what some mean by black and white: You are either a yamato fanboy or a troll.

Lots of people just fit somewhere in between the two extremes, not at opposite ends of the extreme. We middle people just don't appreciate being painted as an extremist, (fanboy or troll) but people who can see both sides of the argument and want a solution that makes both happy. On one hand: yamato making a better product. And the other hand: a customer who doesn't have to put up with these flaws like shoulder breakages, that only puts them off buying anymore in future. Instead of one side being angry and the other side being happy and igrnorant. Both sides should be happy. But lets do stuff that actually works to get a solution for both, not just create more noise that only angers one side. Logical method vs emotional method.

Sometimes a flaw is discovered after it is released, and only becomes known after we complain. But there has to be some time between the early flawed ones, and the fixed ones, before we can get that perfect product. Instead of being angry and bitter, which doesn't actually do anything, how about we wait first, see what they do, then make a decision once it is known and can be confirmed to be fixed. The shoulder of the garland is one good example. Many people who want it, still want to buy it but only after yamato does something to address it. Doesn't mean they are asskisser for having taking the chance to buy the garland. They might love the garland mecha, and see only yamato as the alternative so they take the risk.

Things are not as black and white; "us vs them", in the real world. Some just love the macross toys themselves not fanboys of the company that make them. If say the only company that make a vf-17 toy is bandai and the fighter looks chunky and barely has any posability, you might still buy the thing and tolerate those flaws, only because its the only alternative out there. Would you appreciate some guy labelling you as a bandai fanboy who is weak for caving in and buying a toy with 80s style poseability and bending over to be assraped by them for it? Of course not. You would try to explain that although it is not perfect, you can live with it for now (and state the positives and negatives and weigh them against each other) so it is wrong to assume people are belonging in one of two big groups (us vs them) when there shouldn't be "groups", but individuals with different priorities. So sure, maybe the build quality of the bandai vf-17 might be at levels near indestructible but the priority of the complainer might be for looks and beauty and accuracy of sculpt. Where are all these guys attacking bandai for making an overpriced toy that needs updating to the level of the gundam toys?

So instead of being bitter why not turn it into something that gets done? Lets complain about bandai for not doing any good macross 7 toys so we can have some competition between them and yamato. Problem is, yamato is the only one doing anything so we don't have much choice, meaning many just tolerate and buy the flawed stuff. BoB makes some good points, but like what happened with the 1/72 line, I see them only acknowledging these problems later on, once they've released the thing first, the same way a game developer will allow a piece of software with a few bugs to slip by on release: unknowing about the problem despite going through whatever bugtests they usually do, with still a chance of something slipping through the cracks. (and then having a updated release with fixes to these problems detailed in a document for you to see the fixes being applied and explanations on what it fixed)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

For me it's the non-locking chest. heh. I know I won't ever put it upside down in bot mode but it seems so important to have a robot whose parts lock.

Agreed. I'll only buy a Supernova version (with fold booster and FP i presume) if they fix the chest lock above all else.

Now, there's no 100% flawless toy in this world; at least not from toynazi. I appreciate what Yamato had given us. Just remember how much a YF-19 costed us in the pre-Yamato years (or maybe in the early years of Yamato). And on top of that, they are making improvements here and there for us. Me, I wont complain that much as I havent bought a YF-19 yet. I may want to hear more improvements news.

You may voice your thoughts here but it will be unheard of if you dont relay them to Yamato. So, why the fiery comments...they serve no purpose other than stirring up the discussion. Has anyone made any attempts to voice our thoughts and submit a list of neverending improvements to Yamato before? And for Yamato, they may want to make a survey before making the improvements as it will be much more worthwhile if they can eliminate 80% of the problems that are caused by 20% of the factors.

And BoB, people are getting annoyed by your fiery comments. :p

You may voice your thoughts here but it will be unheard of if you dont relay them to Yamato. So, why the fiery comments...they serve no purpose other than stirring up the discussion.

The key is to state reasons for why you are not buying something vs just making a generic bash against them.

If they really take the complaint seriously when seeing the evidence, they are more likely to want to change something, and make effort.

Because I think what has happened is they've taken a laid back attitude and assumed there wasn't a problem to begin with, and because they claim no one in japan has made any complaints, "why fix what ain't broke?"

It might just be that nobody that bought it, bothered to complain or do anything and the problem went unresolved because the customers just assumed nothing could be done.

It would be analogous to fixes for a bug in a piece of software only coming after you send error info to the developers for analysis to find out its cause. The person who doesn't care for the software to be improved will just not use the software at all, and complain about bugs and continue to buy more programs, but the person who is concerned about having it there will get off their butt to let them know so it is noted down and fixed so other people don't have to put up with it. One approach doesn't help as much as the other approach.

This is why I never preorder macross stuff for fear there is little support if something goes wrong in early release. It's happening with microsoft and thier early xbox360s and the whole "red ring of light" problems that the early adoptors have had to put up with. So it's not like yamato is the only company that may rush things. If you are the first buyer, an early adopter; often you are the guy taking a risk that later buyers won't be taking since all the problems have been ironed out by then. You just got to be patient.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

i just hate being called stupid for bying soemthing. I bought a 19 knowing it had a wonky gunpod, and didnt care. Apprently that makes me dumb. And now because im going to get another, Im even dumber because it hasnt heen fixed.

Except the only ptoblem with my first one si the gunpod. which HAS been fixed. So why am I still a moron?

i just hate being called stupid for bying soemthing. I bought a 19 knowing it had a wonky gunpod, and didnt care. Apprently that makes me dumb. And now because im going to get another, Im even dumber because it hasnt heen fixed.

Except the only ptoblem with my first one si the gunpod. which HAS been fixed. So why am I still a moron?

because your values aren't 100% in line with BoB's.

It's okay, I figure BoB speaks in 100% hyperbole in order to get his point across and try not to take it personally.

Except the only problem with my first one si the gunpod. which HAS been fixed. So why am I still a moron?

Not just because your values are different, but primarily because I feel as stupid as you. But you will be dumber for buying the 2nd version because the problems are not fixed completely.

Here is something for you to understand:-

1st edition 1/60 YF19; you get 6 or more problem areas = you pay $200

2nd edition 1/60 YF19; you get 3 or more problem areas = you pay roughly $200 after you minus the foldildo price from the bundle.

My point is since the 1/60 YF19 isn't completely fixed, can Yamato charge you a 10% discount for every problem they didn't fix? I don't think so.

Think the fact that for EVERYTIME you're paying in full retail for these items, you send the message that you're all dumb people with alot of money. In the end, when you get sub-par items in return you have no one else to blame for your pain because it is YOU (the end collectors) that perversed the privilege to own these things.

You may voice your thoughts here but it will be unheard of if you dont relay them to Yamato. So, why the fiery comments...they serve no purpose other than stirring up the discussion. Has anyone made any attempts to voice our thoughts and submit a list of neverending improvements to Yamato before?

Macross collectors with a budget in general aren't stupid. There is only a handful of you that buy multiples of the same design. So 3 out of 6 necessary fixes isn't gonna cut it. All I need to do is fan it here.

The only people who should readily know the product inside out (aside from the collectors) are the makers themselves. If we still need to send the morons info that they should already know by now, then pray hard because your 2nd edition 1/60 YF19 is as good as fvcked.

Edited by Beware of Blast

In the end, when you get sub-par items in return you have no one else to blame for your pain because it is YOU (the end collectors) that perversed the privilege to own these things.

Except it's not a sub-par item. Even with mistakes, it's extraordinary. Nobody else has ever made a YF-19 even close to this good. That's why it's well worth the money to so many macross collectors. There are a lot of people on this forum trying to explain that to you and you just don't get it.

Some people have different priorities and expectations for things. Some people value things more than others. Just because you feel stupid for owning flawed Yamato products does not mean everyone feels the same, and it does not make everyone stupid.

Except it's not a sub-par item. Even with mistakes, it's extraordinary. Nobody else has ever made a YF-19 even close to this good. That's why it's well worth the money to so many macross collectors. There are a lot of people on this forum trying to explain that to you and you just don't get it.

Some people have different priorities and expectations for things. Some people value things more than others. Just because you feel stupid for owning flawed Yamato products does not mean everyone feels the same, and it does not make everyone stupid.

Wow! Here's to another decade of extraordinary sub-par VFs with mistakes and to your handholding Yamato thru every step of the way. And here's to anticipating something so sacred to you everytime but haphazardly made by manutards each time. Cheers, because you will eventually get it!

What are the '6 necessary fixes' u speak about? Im assuming u mean the wing root getting loose and the wheels being 2 of those not fixed, but whats the third?

Also u have said again i get 6 or more problem areas....my plane had a wonky gunpod, and one loose wing nub. the wingnub doesnt affect me at all, and I fixed the gunpod, but lets assume that those 2 count as problem areas; what are the other 4? The nose on mine is fine, no stress marks. the chest clip isnt a problem, its a design choice u disagree with. i dont even know what the other 2 could be.

My point is that u are saying im a fool for buying a second inferior product...but i am very happy with my 19, as are many others. Am I a fool for being happy wioth what I have?

What are the '6 necessary fixes' u speak about? Im assuming u mean the wing root getting loose and the wheels being 2 of those not fixed, but whats the third?

Also u have said again i get 6 or more problem areas....my plane had a wonky gunpod, and one loose wing nub. the wingnub doesnt affect me at all, and I fixed the gunpod, but lets assume that those 2 count as problem areas; what are the other 4? The nose on mine is fine, no stress marks. the chest clip isnt a problem, its a design choice u disagree with. i dont even know what the other 2 could be.

My point is that u are saying im a fool for buying a second inferior product...but i am very happy with my 19, as are many others. Am I a fool for being happy wioth what I have?

Don't press, it will only fuel his fire.

I do feel the same way you do, but the flames must be extinguished. . . B))

Dude, just reread yours posts... I've never seen so much soul searching, rationalization on why your purchases are worth it despite the problems presented. 2nd version fixes doesn't even reflect Yamato's enthusiasm one bit - infact, I find it an insult that Graham even took the trouble to update us. None of the fixes presented isn't something collectors don't already know how to fix themselves.

Btw, calling you a fool doesn't mean I respect you less. :p

Im not fueling anyhting. Im just curious what the fixes are. I cant think of 5, its the 6th I dont remember.

gunpod

landing gear

tight nose

loose wing

thats 4. asusming u mean the chest section not locking thats 5. whats the 6th?

And i only have to rationalise because u keep syaing we're stupid for buying these again. If u hadnt mentioned it i wouldnt have had to rationalise at all, id just have bought it. Im STILL just going to buy it!

really, im not being a smart ass, i just am curious to see where your POV comes form....

6th would be the shoulders.

As for your rationalizing, I'm just mentioning the obvious - that's my POV. Broken first releases. Zero enthusiasm for the 2nd version. No salt & peppa.

Being the only one's making macross VFs in the market, doesn't give Yamato the right to screw up so callously. 7th year now. 7 years of farce.

Did the monster have issues?

ah, the shoulders. I never liked the flaps so I dont pull em out, but yeah i can see that as a fault for those that do.

And my 1/48s have all been fine. Well, no i had rubber leakage in the hips on one, but thats it. and i have 8 of em. all are fine.

I guess all Im saying is as far as i can see Yamato had 2 major flubs; the Garlands shoulders and the VF-0 shoulders. both should have been way more thoroughly tested before release. They're both fixed now, and thats great, but it could have been fixed earlier. As could the 19s faults, I dont deny that.

In reality it all comes down to personal satisfacction. Do u like what u bought? If yes, sweet, buy more. If no, then dont get anymore. If that has been your point all along, then im sorry it took me so long to understand. I just feel like you talk down on those who are satiusfied, and i dont understand why?

Edited by Scream Man