1/60 YF-19 Fast Packs & Fold Booster

Mechamaniac

at least they listen to us and seem to try and do something about it...thanks Graham for all the input you give them

Yeah thanks for your continuous efforts to make us heard by Yamato. Cheers man.

Any word on whether the upcoming YF19 will include fixes? That is where the REAL meat is. The fold booster is only table scrap. It's disappointing to find so many discerning Macross fans going ga-ga simply over something plastic with flashing lights.

Cavemen with a torch could make a meal. What does the foldildo make you?

Unga Bunga BUNGA! :lol:

Well i for one know where you can stick it. haha Display purposes mahn! Whats the problem?

It's canon, it was an integral part of the movie, and it will make my display kick ass at night.

:mellow:

And yeah, extra arms included would be a deserved blessing.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

The fold booster is great how it gradually fades in and out with energy, and then cycles through the colors (just like these christmas tree lights I have :D) and then as power builds up and it actually begins to fold the plane, the pulses of glowing speed up. It's just what I had imagined. At first I was worried it would just be a static light that turns on like a green lightbulb. But It looks like they went to the trouble to recreate the psychedelic color effect from the cg animation in macross plus.

And people are still calling it a dildo. I thought we were all tired of that joke the first 50 million times people used it? Besides it doesn't vibrate so if you planned on buying it for your GF as a gift to justify spending the money, she'd be pretty disappointed at its lack of features for the price. Maybe yamato are going to make a limited edition vibrating version to shut everyone up :p

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Unga Bunga BUNGA! :lol:

Well i for one know where you can stick it. haha Display purposes mahn! Whats the problem?

It's canon, it was an integral part of the movie, and it will make my display kick ass at night.

:mellow:

And yeah, extra arms included would be a deserved blessing.

Ya know, I like a good display as much as the next Macross fan, but I'm trying to stay focused here - The '19 is still not fixed, and everyone is celebrating that just because the foldildo does seem as though it's gonna be damn nice, all is good with Yamato.

If display is the only thing you're after, good for you. If they don't fix the '19, bad for me.

And the foldildo is still table scrap next to the '19 - not worthy of all your song and praises as of now.

Edited by Beware of Blast

it's hard to be angry all the time.

No it isn't. Churning out hate is as easy as Yamato fvcking up and it don't cost as much.

It's hard to continuously look upon the term "foldildo" as funny as well.

It's being called for what it is. I wasn't even trying to be funny.

[attachmentid=42515]

post-176-1178687033_thumb.jpg

Yeah. Right.

According to the compendium, it's called the Fold Booster. That's what it is.

Anyway, some useful info, I was fooling around with the YF-19 last night, I've found a way to transform the neck smoothly. The previous way was just too risky for breakage. I'll host a few pics soon. The concept for transformation is much like the way i push in the backplate for the 1/48 VF-1, I figured out a way to reduce the wear as well.

Edited by kensei

it's hard to be angry all the time.

I honestly find it very hard to maintain any sense of anger... but I also don't think "foldildo" is offensive in anyway. Sure, the joke may be old but it doesn't make it less relevant. The thing looks like a light up dildo. I say, let the "foldildo" continue and with any luck will get a packaging misprint like Gakken's old "Blowsuperior" ride armor. Oh good times.

Yeah. Right.

According to the compendium, it's called the Fold Booster. That's what it is.

Anyway, some useful info, I was fooling around with the YF-19 last night, I've found a way to transform the neck smoothly. The previous way was just too risky for breakage. I'll host a few pics soon. The concept for transformation is much like the way i push in the backplate for the 1/48 VF-1, I figured out a way to reduce the wear as well.

At 1:1 scale, the way Kawamori and the anime intended it to be, and what's listed in the compendium, THAT'S the Fold Booster.

At 1:60 scale by yamato, it's a dildo that THINKS it's a fold booster. Like it or not, intended for comedy or not, the name will stick.

Btw, regarding the neck transformation, it's the FIRST TIME dislodging/separating the neck from the torso is what makes it such a b!tch to transform the '19. After that it's not so bad provided your '19 survived without stressed broken hinge and a stressmark on the tan plastic. Some have even used a hair dryer to soften that part before transforming.

But do show your technique, If your method can prevent the first time transformation woe, there MIGHT still be hope for mine. TIA!

At 1:1 scale, the way Kawamori and the anime intended it to be, and what's listed in the compendium, THAT'S the Fold Booster.

At 1:60 scale by yamato, it's a dildo that THINKS it's a fold booster. Like it or not, intended for comedy or not, the name will stick.

Btw, regarding the neck transformation, it's the FIRST TIME dislodging/separating the neck from the torso is what makes it such a b!tch to transform the '19. After that it's not so bad provided your '19 survived without stressed broken hinge and a stressmark on the tan plastic. Some have even used a hair dryer to soften that part before transforming.

But do show your technique, If your method can prevent the first time transformation woe, there MIGHT still be hope for mine. TIA!

Suit yourself if you think it's a dildo. The justification for call it that was pretty lame though.

Actually, you like to make a lot of assumptions. Trying that on my second YF-19, its not hard at all. Technique, if I can call it, it what matters, and how you hold the YF-19. Its about unlocking the part and moving it in the direction that it was intended, rather than where you want it to go.

Suit yourself if you think it's a dildo. The justification for call it that was pretty lame though.

Suit yourself.

What's lame is the fact that the damn things are not made and bundled together in the first place. If Bandai gives us a SOC Gunbuster alone then sells it's other accessories, stand and gantry towers months later for the price of a bomb, they'll get hell. But sh!t like this works for Yamato and they HAVEN'T even corrected their feature presentation yet - because collectors like you are TOO FORGIVING.

Actually, you like to make a lot of assumptions. Trying that on my second YF-19, its not hard at all. Technique, if I can call it, it what matters, and how you hold the YF-19. Its about unlocking the part and moving it in the direction that it was intended, rather than where you want it to go.

The '19's manual and the transformation required by that part was straightforward. It's THE FITTING, THE LOUSY MATERIAL that hold the parts together don't allow it to move in the direction that it was intended.

I didn't assume the damages on the plastic hinges and stressmarks on the nose, last time I checked, you weren't asleep in the forums either - when transformation for the other members' 1/60 yf19 went to hell. Or were you?

OK , so i'm way to lazy to go and sift thru all the negative banter ,

can anybody tell me how the Booster turns on and off and

since at some point the battery will need replacing - how one goes

about replacing it?

about replacing it?

Yes!!! Graham or some brave members - please buy one and tell him!!! :lol:

Suit yourself.

What's lame is the fact that the damn things are not made and bundled together in the first place. If Bandai gives us a SOC Gunbuster alone then sells it's other accessories, stand and gantry towers months later for the price of a bomb, they'll get hell. But sh!t like this works for Yamato and they HAVEN'T even corrected their feature presentation yet - because collectors like you are TOO FORGIVING.

The '19's manual and the transformation required by that part was straightforward. It's THE FITTING, THE LOUSY MATERIAL that hold the parts together don't allow it to move in the direction that it was intended.

I didn't assume the damages on the plastic hinges and stressmarks on the nose, last time I checked, you weren't asleep in the forums either - when transformation for the other members' 1/60 yf19 went to hell. Or were you?

Actually I was pissed when my VF-0A arm. But I fixed it and got over it. After 1 day. What am I going to do, hold a grudge against some company over a toy? I've already told them what I thought with my wallet thankyou, and that's by cutting back on purchases.

True that I'm a collector that is too forgiving, but I also just don't sweat the small stuff. I've never gotten a perfect product before, Yamato, Bandai or otherwise. If I never forgave a company for making a minor flaw, I wouldn't collect anything in my lifetime.

EDIT: And yes, my YF-19s and VF-1s are mass market models and not direct from Yamato like Grahams. ;)

Little I could do when I don't have a camera. While the others were having broken YF-19s, I didn't do much as I didn't have the time to touch mine. I transformed it before then numerous times....and it's still sitting pretty. :) And rather than focusing my energy on crying over how the manual doesn't seem to get me the results I want, I used logic to figured it out for myself.

They YF-19 is good plastic. Like the 1/48 VF-1. Never had anything broken yet. The only time I've done that is when I've stepped on it. Unfortunately, I am not that privileged.

Edited by kensei

Well, i never sang any praise for Yamato itself, my so called 'praise' was for

me getting the Fold to light up my display. I know your pissed. Who isn't.

I want the fixes too. It's a b^tch when companys don't give a sh^t. :unsure:

Yamato need to know that the 1st run YF-19 buyers need a fix for the 1st run Gunpod.

Not just a fix in 2nd runs. We need parts. New arms whatever.

How does a company sleep at night knowing they f'd up such a long

awaited and hopefully thought out production, being the 1/60 YF-19.

Pretty cold!

But enough of the hating, i want to know about switches and batteries.

The people that have experience with the dildo business might know?

Actually I was pissed when my VF-0A arm. But I fixed it and got over it. After 1 day. What am I going to do, hold a grudge against some company over a toy? I've already told them what I thought with my wallet thankyou, and that's by cutting back on purchases.

True that I'm a collector that is too forgiving, but I also just don't sweat the small stuff. I've never gotten a perfect product before, Yamato, Bandai or otherwise. If I never forgave a company for making a minor flaw, I wouldn't collect anything in my lifetime.

EDIT: And yes, my YF-19s and VF-1s are mass market models and not direct from Yamato like Grahams. ;)

Little I could do when I don't have a camera. While the others were having broken YF-19s, I didn't do much as I didn't have the time to touch mine. I transformed it before then numerous times....and it's still sitting pretty. :) And rather than focusing my energy on crying over how the manual doesn't seem to get me the results I want, I used logic to figured it out for myself.

They YF-19 is good plastic. Like the 1/48 VF-1. Never had anything broken yet. The only time I've done that is when I've stepped on it. Unfortunately, I am not that privileged.

Cutting back on purchases with one individual or community to motivate improvement, isn't enough anymore. Neither is a CONSTANT negative/ B1TCHING reminders. I've run out of ideas.

Look at it this way... If it takes so little screw-ups for collectors like me to cry foul, your tolerance for crap must be high. And there are waaaaay more collectors like you than there are like me.

And... Yamato is operating without checks and balances. That's where collectors like me come in.

But enough of the hating, i want to know about switches and batteries.

The people that have experience with the dildo business might know?

Actually, dildo's don't recuire batteries as they don't do anything (except the obvious...). The batteries go in vibrators. :p

Not that I have ANY experience with either of them, just logic I guess. :rolleyes:

about replacing it?

Future QC problem.....battery for the fold booster explodes with 5-10 minutes use. (Refer to Sony Battery callback case some months ago)

:lol:

Actually, dildo's don't recuire batteries as they don't do anything (except the obvious...). The batteries go in vibrators. :p

Not that I have ANY experience with either of them, just logic I guess. :rolleyes:

haha :lol: i ... understand. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I imagine they obviously run on a smaller source than +++'s?

Flat circular batteries? And the switch... the switch... that better be concealed!

haha :lol: i ... understand. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I imagine they obviously run on a smaller source than +++'s?

Flat circular batteries? And the switch... the switch... that better be concealed!

I hope there is no switch and that you just have to twist the back end of the booster. (Just like with a vibrator :lol::lol: )

In regards to finding a fix for broken or crooked gunpods and other parts, has anyone tried to contact the company directly and pleaded their case (obviously knowing the Japanese language would be helpful). It's like when my original PSone's disk spinner broke; after I called them and told them the problem, Sony sent me a new slim one (along with a letter of apology).

Also forgot another time when one of my kinnikuman figure's hip part broke and I contacted Romando directly. They sent me a brand new figure w/letter of apology.

Just my two cents :)

Edited by AlphaOne

In regards to finding a fix for broken or crooked gunpods and other parts, has anyone tried to contact the company directly and pleaded their case (obviously knowing the Japanese language would be helpful). It's like when my original PSone's disk spinner broke; after I called them and told them the problem, Sony sent me a new slim one (along with a letter of apology).

Also forgot another time when one of my kinnikuman figure's hip part broke and I contacted Romando directly. They sent me a brand new figure w/letter of apology.

Just my two cents :)

That would be a good idea if I wasn't so lazy. ^_^

I'd like to see a fix for the 19 myself, but I'm not gonna turn this into a battyfest over a couple QC problems from a toy. You'd think some were reliving a childhood trauma by the way they hold on to such trivial things in life.

As for the Fold Booster, the fast packs and the second seat attachment make it a very nice addition, and I'm definitely glad to at leat see those.

And what's with the fetish with "foldildos"??? Is that what some are hoping for? Don't get it. :blink:

Suit yourself.

What's lame is the fact that the damn things are not made and bundled together in the first place. If Bandai gives us a SOC Gunbuster alone then sells it's other accessories, stand and gantry towers months later for the price of a bomb, they'll get hell.

So then stick to Bandai and SOC Gunbuster products.

The thing is, you obviously collect a lot of stuff, so it's different for you. A lot of us, (myself included), only care about Macross products, and so far no other company has made anything that compares to the 1/60 YF-19. So what's the alternative? Should everyone not buy it as a form of protest and just not have a YF-19?

I wish the QC was better too, but it's better than nothing. Far better.

It sounds like most people who needed to have that YF-19 are pleased with their purchase.

Until another company comes along and starts designing better Valks it's Yamato or nothing. That's just the way it is.

So then stick to Bandai and SOC Gunbuster products.

The thing is, you obviously collect a lot of stuff, so it's different for you. A lot of us, (myself included), only care about Macross products, and so far no other company has made anything that compares to the 1/60 YF-19. So what's the alternative? Should everyone not buy it as a form of protest and just not have a YF-19?

I wish the QC was better too, but it's better than nothing. Far better.

It sounds like most people who needed to have that YF-19 are pleased with their purchase.

Until another company comes along and starts designing better Valks it's Yamato or nothing. That's just the way it is.

Since the release of 1/60 YF19 last year, quite a number of us have complained about it to hell. And you know what, next thing I've noticed is that Yamato is giving "better" hinges and connectors for their upcoming 1/60 SV-51 this year. Whether they are metal or not, sturdy or not, I will see.

I'm not saying that the customer complaints in MW has anything to do with it, nor do I even expect fans like Graham to have clout over the potato heads that run Yamato, I'm just betting the amount of returns on the '19s and the Garlands to Yamato in Japan alone compelled the idiots into action.

In the end, there are many ways to get to these people. Writing letters, not buying in the future, returning crap - are some of them. To me, b1tching in a place where most Macross fans congregate, where good or bad news spread faster is the far better solution - at least I'm doing something.

We're both obviously bent over for Yamato in the QC department... yada ...yada. The only difference is, you probably like to take it quietly and not hear it from others as well.

"Don't buy"

"Get something else"

"They're apples and oranges"

"So then stick to Bandai and SOC Gunbuster products"

I get people like you telling me off that way all the time. Can't you do better, or have buying subpar Yamato products slowed your minds?

i have no issue with the complaints u make, its that u bring them up in every thread and ALL THE TIME. No matter whats being discussed, even if it was a thread about how much u liked Yamato, u would spin it into how crap they are and anyone who continues to buy from em must be stupid or slow. i think the point is; if u hate em enough to do nothing EXCEPT complain, then just stop buying and let those of us who are still enjoying the toys enjoy em!

I've never had a YF-19 toy before, and I'm damn proud of this one. Biggest, fully articulated one to date. Yamato overlooked only two issues to me. Name me another product that is as good.

Edited by kensei

I dunno, I guess everyone is entitled to complain here, even if its in every other yamato thread. But BoB still has been buying latest yamato stuff despite his constant complaining :lol: