Transformers Super Thread 5

I'd just like to point out that country/western wear is INCREDIBLY popular among owner-operator truck drivers. It's darn near an unofficial uniform at times. Why do you think horses and bulls show up so often on custom-painted semis? Sure, it could be Cullen--but it's just as likely not to be. If you want to "blend in" and you're a robot semi, then having your holo-driver dressed like that is a sure-fire way to NOT attract attention.

Western wear and semi-trucks, are like black leather and Harley-Davidsons.

(of course, outfitting the truck itself like a rice-boy's Honda sure counters the whole "in disguise" thing)

Pics of Voyager-class Movie Prime figure.

The little driver figure appears to be Peter Cullen, voice actor of Prime, who usually appears at conventions dressed as a kind of cowboy.

Now THAT movie Prime toy I like. I want to like the bigger one, but it almost looks too 'busy' to me, and the lack of knees is a big turn-off. This one looks great it both modes, seems to be well articulated and has a little trucker dude. Sold.

Sorry, I'm a bit clueless about this but does "detented" mean that it is a ratcheting joint or a friction joint

Thanks

Hey, no problem. I used to call those 'clickety-click joints' 'ratchet joints' too. But strictly speaking, ratchets only go ONE WAY, that is, you twist it in one direction, and the ratchet prevents the joint from falling back, ever. The right term, I learned later, is 'detented joints'. Each 'click' or stop is a single 'detent'. Cheers!

I'd just like to point out that country/western wear is INCREDIBLY popular among owner-operator truck drivers. It's darn near an unofficial uniform at times. Why do you think horses and bulls show up so often on custom-painted semis? Sure, it could be Cullen--but it's just as likely not to be. If you want to "blend in" and you're a robot semi, then having your holo-driver dressed like that is a sure-fire way to NOT attract attention.

Western wear and semi-trucks, are like black leather and Harley-Davidsons.

(of course, outfitting the truck itself like a rice-boy's Honda sure counters the whole "in disguise" thing)

I was told that Hasbro did base the driver figure (its part of the seat and folds away) on Cullen, so its a happy coincidence.

Now THAT movie Prime toy I like. I want to like the bigger one, but it almost looks too 'busy' to me, and the lack of knees is a big turn-off. This one looks great it both modes, seems to be well articulated and has a little trucker dude. Sold.

Eh? The Leader class Prime does have knees - that's why the wheel assemblies on his thighs have a hinge joint through the middle of them. Edited by Fit For Natalie

Eh? The Leader class Prime does have knees - that's why the wheel assemblies on his thighs have a hinge joint through the middle of them.

I was just assuming there was no knees. All the pictures I've seen it's looked like the knees were solid and immobile. Glad to hear they move! (I still like the looks of the Voyager size one better though...)

every clip i see of the tf movie makes it look more and more like a generic monster movie.

I dunno...i think it would work. I mean...i just throw out the cartoons and watch it subjectively and i think it should be alright. At least right now they are using the "Robots In Disguise" theme seriously.

You can download both trailers here

The voice over at the end of 'Hidden' is Victor Caroli, the narrator of the G1 cartoons and original movie.

I reckon the bit where Ironhide shoot-dodges in the street and Starscream mid-air swing and transformation somersault are awesome.

He IS a movie trailer guy. Listen to some samples of his work at www.victorcaroli.com

Yeah, I did, and it doesn't sound like him. I just see people at the TF boards getting in a big fanwank thinking its him. It sounds like one of the younger guys.

Anyway, turns out the rest of the seekers, including Thundercracker, are Botcon exclusives. SCREW YOU HASBRO! I couldn't have one damn set of the original 3 seekers? farting hell I'm pissed. The seekers were the only Classics that I bothered keeping.

Edited by meh_cd

Son of a...

Way to screw over all the G1 fans, Hasbro. Making common, normal, much-beloved and desired Classics figures as EXCLUSIVES. I am NOT a completist/collector in any way. Know how many TF's I've bought in the past 12 months? 3. And Classics Thundercracker was going to be the fourth. Thundercracker is the 2nd original G1 I ever bought off Ebay, and the only one I considered importing from Japan to get "original missiles" for the G1 re-release. I am just a huge TC fan. I don't want TC to "complete" my seeker collection or anything (I don't even have Starscream), I simply want my all-time fave character.

Son of a...

Way to screw over all the G1 fans, Hasbro. Making common, normal, much-beloved and desired Classics figures as EXCLUSIVES. I am NOT a completist/collector in any way. Know how many TF's I've bought in the past 12 months? 3. And Classics Thundercracker was going to be the fourth. Thundercracker is the 2nd original G1 I ever bought off Ebay, and the only one I considered importing from Japan to get "original missiles" for the G1 re-release. I am just a huge TC fan. I don't want TC to "complete" my seeker collection or anything (I don't even have Starscream), I simply want my all-time fave character.

My feelings exactly. TC was my favorite when I was a kid.

I can't believe there are people defending this crap. *sigh* What a downer. I was looking forward to having the original trio for cheap.

Allright for those who were worried that they couldn't get a Mint In Sealed Box, unmodified Masterpiece Megatron in the U.S.

there ARE places where you can ;) I just picked him up a couple of hours ago

[attachmentid=41591][attachmentid=41592][attachmentid=41593][attachmentid=41594]

Hey Chindenathus,

You were saying <_<

[attachmentid=41595]

post-515-1175390746_thumb.jpg

post-515-1175390760_thumb.jpg

post-515-1175390813_thumb.jpg

post-515-1175390829_thumb.jpg

post-515-1175390845_thumb.jpg

Edited by chowyunskinny

Yeah, I did, and it doesn't sound like him. I just see people at the TF boards getting in a big fanwank thinking its him. It sounds like one of the younger guys.

Anyway, turns out the rest of the seekers, including Thundercracker, are Botcon exclusives. SCREW YOU HASBRO! I couldn't have one damn set of the original 3 seekers? farting hell I'm pissed. The seekers were the only Classics that I bothered keeping.

@!#?@!

Freakin' exclusives!

I'm not even a huge fan of the mold, but I wanted another jet or 2.

Guess I should be glad I got Skywarp. He's one of my favorite paintjobs.

But I wanted Thrust. No, I don't have a good reason.

EXCLUSIVES!?

Sh*t! Man that pisses me off. Had an ominous feeling this was going to happen. They just had to go reserve the rest of the seekers for botcon exclusives. 90% of the ppl. who picked up Starscream, Ramjet and Skywarp are going to have no chance of obtaining these guys. ($279, whoops that's the members price) $329 for 5 toys (even better), come on now. Sad thing is that's the bare minimum package too! Not to mention it's the same damn price even if you don't attend... noice. None of the previous botcon exclusives have impressed me that's why i was hoping for more of the same this year, perhaps some more cybertron remolds, but anything but this.

Edited by Veritas

Meh.......I'm thinkin either I'll buy 4 MP Starscreams in time, get a cartoon accurate Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp and Sunstorm.......or I'll get a few Classic versions and redeco those myself.....but my collection really feels complete now with jetfire.

I think he meant "it just sounds like one of many trailer guys, not specifically THE trailer guy who also did TF narration". If it is him, he's sure not doing it the way he did in the first TF movie.

As a vioce actor he can raise and lower his pitch, you know. Obviously he isn't hamming it up dramatically like he did for the movie or the series.

Son of a...

Hasbro presumebly had no interest in doing the remaining seekers in the near future, given Classics is over and all, and the Heroes line will immediately replace the movie line after the latter is done.

G1 fans hardly matter at the end of the day. This is a mass-market line, not a collector line. They need to flog toys to kids, as well as keep retailers happy. That's why they didn't shove 6 variations of the same plane on pegs and why Skywarp was packed with Ultra Magnus as a store exclusive. They're all almost the same toy.

If Classics were an on-going line, maybe you would have seen the remaining three planes gradually released over several waves (so they don't all end up on pegs at the same time). Maybe some other time if Classics did as well as Hasbro would like.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

Allright for those who were worried that they couldn't get a Mint In Sealed Box, unmodified Masterpiece Megatron in the U.S.

there ARE places where you can ;) I just picked him up a couple of hours ago

[attachmentid=41591][attachmentid=41592][attachmentid=41593][attachmentid=41594]

Hey Chindenathus,

You were saying <_<

[attachmentid=41595]

Sweet, that really great that you got em like that

I hope mine come the same way.