Transformers Super Thread 5

Slightly OT,

I've been warming up to a series of TF clones called Roadbots by Happy Well Toys.

I decided to order from BBTS the 1:32 GT40

IPB Image

IPB Image

and the Pajero (same scale)

IPB Image

IPB Image

I'm wondering if you guys like them and/or if you own the other scaled bots like the 1:18 and 1:12 which are freaking huge (bigger than Masterpiece Convoy/Prime)!

I just got the 20th Ann. Prime and I have to say that I am quite impressed. There are a few things that I think could have been done differently and the light/sound gimmicks are just that, but it's a nice addition to my collection.

Hey Gerwalk, perhaps you should upload those pics onto your own picspace - not cool to directly like them off Joel's server :)

I just got the 20th Ann. Prime and I have to say that I am quite impressed. There are a few things that I think could have been done differently and the light/sound gimmicks are just that, but it's a nice addition to my collection.

Given the Matrix is supposed to light up whenever its seen, I'd say its almost an essential feature for a toy of this calibre. Edited by Fit For Natalie

Robot Kingdom states that they won't do any modifications.

However they also state that an item might be seized at customs...

http://www.robotkingdom.com/

I am curious to know what the orange plug might look like.

Any extra parts around the muzzle would sure look kinda silly.

Maybe we can obtain 3rd party die cast barrel parts like 20th prime's long smokestack?

I dont really think anybody is gonna be able to get one thru

without having the mod done to it. either way the biggest gripe

I have about this isnt that a mod has to be done its that somebody

has to mess with it before I do. I really prefer having MISB items.

A preview of what u guys aren't gonna get. :p

Megatron and movie prime at Tokyo Toy fest.

http://www.hlj.com/showreports/toyfes07/index2.html

Not really going for it. <_< just too much stuff everywhere. its too busy or something.

The truck mode looks good but the bot just doesnt do it for me.

Hugo Weaving is a interesting choice but ... its not the same. Then again what part of this movie is?

What movie comic? I'm just going on the leaked script from last year...

issue #2 of the prequel comic came out this week. Michael Bay also said a couple days ago that he had the only draft of the movie script for the last 2 months before shooting(seen on post from tfw2005) so he is also saying that the leaked scripts are all false.

I don't mind the movie toys, they seem cooler than their onscreen counterparts, and also the the movie leader optimus is one of the most detailed mainline Prime's ever. The fact that he looks like laser rod prime on steroids is a plus(laser rod prime was my favorite growing up).

No matter how the movie does I think the toys will be fun. Compare armada and energon prime to movie prime. To me movie prime looks a ton better.

All of the scenes I've seen them shooting, as well as what was seen in the trailer correspond, almost to a tee, to what's in the leaked script. I would say that the latter is 90% accurate, with a few tweaks here and there. The leaked script's ending is what I believe has actually been changed... Possibly because it just wasn't deemed cool to kill-off a major character.

The leaked script's ending is what I believe has actually been changed... Possibly because it just wasn't deemed cool to kill-off a major character.

Well, the LAST time a Transformers movie killed a major character, we got stuck with Rodimus Prime. At least they won't be repeating ONE screwup the franchise has made.

Well, the LAST time a Transformers movie killed a major character, we got stuck with Rodimus Prime. At least they won't be repeating ONE screwup the franchise has made.

Killing Prime was done to sell the new line of Transformers product.

I know WHY it was done.

It was still a monumentally stupid move.

killing prime was one of the most memorable moments in any kid's life. it was our version of jfk getting shot in the head. no matter how much hot rod and the other new tfs sucked, that moment made the movie matter

it took Bambi's mother to a WHOLE new level.