1/48 VF-1S Roy or Hikaru?

Lonewolf

I'm planning on buying Yamato's 1/48 VF-1S, but I'm wondering which version between Roy's or Hikaru's has less flaws?

The color variations are not a bother to me. I just wish to know if Hikaru's version is better than Roy's or vice versa?

I'm planning on buying Yamato's 1/48 VF-1S, but I'm wondering which version between Roy's or Hikaru's has less flaws?

The color variations are not a bother to me. I just wish to know if Hikaru's version is better than Roy's or vice versa?

In general, if you buy a VF-1S Roy Reissue (3rd Editition or greater) or any VF1S Hikaru, I think you'll find the same QC standards.

Kevin

a 1/48 is a 1/48 is a 1/48, they're all pretty much the same.

as far as flaws, everything on this planet is flawed but whatever flaws you find on the 1/48 is something you'll learn to live.

i'd go for the 1S roy BTW, since its both in the TV and the movie. :)

So both of them may have the "loose nosecone" problem or "floppy" backpack?

loose cone is a old problem with the first 2 1/48's. by the time they released the 3rd varient, that problem was resolved and the 2 previous valks were reissued with the fixes.

theres no such thing as a floppy backpack on the 1/48. its just retards that don't know how to transform the toy properly, refuse to look at the instructions because they feel its beneath them, then come here to b1tchin and moan because they lack the brain capacity to figure it out for themselves. :rolleyes:

side note:

you gotta stop taking all the complaints that people voice too seriously. some people think yamato is burger king and they can have it their way and expect perfection when there is NO SUCH THING AS PERFECTION. sorry i sound pissed off because i am pissed off! all the crying and whining, all the b1tching and moaning from so-called ADULT members is pathetic. you're acting like little KIDS because the TOY you bought isn't perfect....WAAAAH, go cry to your mommas and take off your diaper already. :rolleyes:

but if I take my diaper off I'll have to leave my office to go to the bathroom...

So basically, check if it's a first edition Roy. If it is, then you should probably avoid it for the nose cone issues.

Edited by jenius

...snip...

sorry i sound pissed off because i am pissed off! all the crying and whining, all the b1tching and moaning from so-called ADULT members is pathetic. you're acting like little KIDS because the TOY you bought isn't perfect....WAAAAH, go cry to your mommas and take off your diaper already. :rolleyes:

No problem, afterall, they are just toys. Very great toys, but toys nonetheless.

...snip...

So basically, check if it's a first edition Roy. If it is, then you should probably avoid it for the nose cone issues.

Thanks for the tip.

Edited by Lonewolf

Is 99.99 USD a good deal for one or the other ?

Buy Hikaru's if you want the very well-done DYRL style pilot.

For some ungodly reason, Yamato uses it's craptastic blob DYRL pilots even in reissues instead of switching over to the HIkaru VF-1s Mold :(

but if you don't care about that, buy a Roy because most new Roy's floating around now (3rd and 4th reissues) have all the same improvements as the Hikaru VF-1s.

BTW 99.99 looks too good ot be true. Check the shipping costs

Edited by Duymon

i would buy both of them cuz theyre just so cool.

this thread has such a negative title. "Which valk is less crappy" isnt the vivbe u want going into buying one of these.

That was not the intended sentiment. Just that I heard that those first 1/48 valks had many problems, and wished to know if Hikaru's version was better since I like both color schemes.

Did you read my post here? It states the differences between 1st and 2nd editions and I think it tells you when the change happened. After that they're all the same.

I'll certainly do that right now.

Avoid first issue Roy. Second Issue roy you are guaranteed a straight skull on the tailfin. After that, you may or may not get one with a straight skull. All my 3rd and 4th Roy issue have crooked skulls. Roy have the plastic pilot and Hikaru have the rubber pilot. First Issue Hikaru will have the straight skull on the tail fin, however, the airbreaks can be loose depending on your luck. Second Issue Hikaru similar to after second issue roy where you may or may not get a crooked skull on the tailfin. Both my second issue have the crooked skull. In addition, some batches of the second issue hikaru is missing the little tab to hold the backpack more in place. Both mine were missing. So you will need to use the extra white piece supplied with the FPs to put on the FPs. Without it the backpack will definitely not hold the FPS up.

How can you tell which release it is before buying? I'd like to get either a Roy or Hikaru 1S as well. Any suggestions for as good store that would sell them at a good price?

Chris

Just bought a reissue 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru on ebay for 139.98 USD shipped from Toysavior. He still has a couple left for the same price, if someone's interested.

Thanks for all the answers.