25th Anniversary GI Joe

JELEINEN

Tip check target now for wave 2.

This is my hunt strategy. When people claim seeing them online I don't run out. If I have to be out and will drive by a toy store I'll check it. Once I get a tip online that a toy is in my area I then I will plan a hunt. I wait for my next day off. I avoid busy stores. I make a plan to hit four to six stores. In a circle pattern. Even so just in case I come empty I'll hold off buying other stuff until the hunt. For example the other day I had to visit the DMV and want to buy some winter gloves. If I found nothing at least I found some gloves. One time it was to get pie. Just so the trip is not a waste you have to have a back up plan. The hunt was good this time. If the hunt was complete failure it would be the last one till the next new batch of toys are released. It is a waste to do a hunt once a week till you find something.

Just out of curiosity, are people still making the effort to go out and hunt for figures or just checking when you happen to be near a TRU or Target?

I used to enjoy the hunt, but I've been over it with the whole wasting gas, getting up early and dealing with scalpers for a long long time now.

With ebay and online sellers it's just not worth it anymore IMO.

Might want to check out Entertainment Earth or Big Bad Toy Store, I think they have most of the waves in stock or on pre-order for when the get restocked.

I make the effort if I have the time but I don't dedicate myself to it even when I do have time. Same with Masterpiece Starscream, its a waste of time and gas trying to find it now when it hasn't even hit saturation in all states and just came out last week. I usually find what I am looking for when I don't look.

Word of advice, TRU from what I've seen only gets the 5 packs, rarely gets the singles. Target and walmart are your best bets. Walmart is starting to catch up with heavy shipments, while Target, initially had the most but sells quick. Walmart sells quickly too, days ago, I saw a good number of wave 2, today, Se, SS, and CC, the usual suspects.

In all honesty, I don't mind the hunt all that much.

Since I only collect a select handful of the figures and not an entire wave, it doesn't make sense for me to buy from EE or BBTS. I mean, why should I buy a whole wave when all I want is just one particular figure?

Besides, it's such a great feeling when you find your latest "Holy Grail" figure out in the wild.

I've found Saturday mornings, right when they open, to be the best time to find new stuff at my local TRU's. As for Target, they're a little more unpredictable with the specific day(s) they stock new stuff. But I've found most of my recent Target finds in the morning, usually before lunchtime.

In all honesty, I don't mind the hunt all that much.

Since I only collect a select handful of the figures and not an entire wave, it doesn't make sense for me to buy from EE or BBTS. I mean, why should I buy a whole wave when all I want is just one particular figure?

Besides, it's such a great feeling when you find your latest "Holy Grail" figure out in the wild.

I've found Saturday mornings, right when they open, to be the best time to find new stuff at my local TRU's. As for Target, they're a little more unpredictable with the specific day(s) they stock new stuff. But I've found most of my recent Target finds in the morning, usually before lunchtime.

TRU stocks friday night, in preparation for saturday morning. Target stocks either overnight or early morning, and has new stuff tuesdays and fridays.

I did a midnight run to Wal-Mart on the way to my night job and they had fresh cases stocking their shelves. There were literally about 18+ boxes stacked over 6 foot tall of transformers Deluxe figures, but only one box of 25th anniversary joe's. I popped open the Joe's box and picked out a fixed crotch beach head; wasn't interested in the rest. Also picked up another CC Bumble Bee if anyone wants it.

I've been hunting for these probably once a week, on and off, at the local Wal-Marts and Targets ... without much luck. Although I did find a set of wave 3 two weekends ago. These things are friggin tough a$$ to find ....

:mellow:

I don't even hunt anymore. Just about anything and everything will be at Frank & Sons for a not necessarily unreasonable markup. I got Snake Eyes v2 and Stormshadow v2 for $7.50 each what 2 months ago? Haven't been by for at least a month but will probably get Firefly and Zartan next. Maybe Stalker depending if I like the way he looks or not.

I don't even hunt anymore. Just about anything and everything will be at Frank & Sons for a not necessarily unreasonable markup. I got Snake Eyes v2 and Stormshadow v2 for $7.50 each what 2 months ago? Haven't been by for at least a month but will probably get Firefly and Zartan next. Maybe Stalker depending if I like the way he looks or not.

Firefly, Zartan, and Stalker are all awesome. Make sure the Firefly you pick up has the crotch fix, so he can sit. Look carefully at the paint apps on Stalker's eyes, maybe its just mine, but mine looks like he is surprised/pissed and looking down at something crawling on his shoe. The backpack on my Zartan is very hard to keep closed. Other than that, he is a very solid figure. Wave 3 has a better feel to it, more solid than previous figures.

Cobra legions are out at walmart. Anybody need them? I can get them but I am willing to trade. Target sells joes for $5.99 where Walmart sells them for $4.88. I go to both and they all get cleaned out. I have an extra 2pack Movie Bumble bee from target I want to trade for joes. I have some extras joes.

Oh yeah, my holy grail is Flint. I never find a flint.

I regret not purchasing Flint when i had the chance, he was all over the shelves for the longest time and i kept passing; i'm kicking myself for that now. Fortunately, I have my friend and TRU looking out for these, so they should be getting a shipment soon.

Rumored to be repainted as a Tiger Force Flint next year.

What?!?! tiger force already? Why are they gonna do that when they have sooo many other Joe's to cover? That's lame! :angry:<_<

What?!?! tiger force already? Why are they gonna do that when they have sooo many other Joe's to cover? That's lame! :angry:<_<

Its confusing, at joecon they said they wouldn't do Tiger Force yet, but Flint's UPC as Tiger Force Flint is in the walmart computers. Flint is in demand since he is one of the harder figures to find from wave 1. He *might* have the wrist/crotch/elbow fix(wrist swivel moved up to sleeve, upper bicep trimmed to enable full elbow movement, hip sockets trimmed to enable full hip mobility, as shown on Doc, and possibly the new Breaker figure in the wave 2 comic packs).

I agree, Tiger Force was lame, the battle corps stuff (minus the spring loaded crap) was way cooler. They should do some of the Corps GI Joe's, like Corps alley viper :p

I actually think the opposite, I liked Tiger Force(sadly never had any of them), but loathed most of Battle Corps. Battle Corps had some of the best vehicles, the Ghoststriker X-16 being one of the best joe jets ever, but overlooked because it was released towards the end of the line. Battle Corps started good until everyone got repainted with dayglo colors and came with an armory of weapons that everyone shared, plus missle launchers. It was overkill towards the end.

I do agree about the Alley Viper, I'm one of the fans very vocal about that one and the Night Viper for the anniversary line.

A tiger force Ghoststriker X-16 would be awesome, better yet a skystriker in that scheme with shark mouth. Hell yea.

Ah Sh*t!!!! Torpedo and Rock 'n Roll?! SWEET!!!! B))

Really wish they would pack the red-sigiled Cobra Trooper rather than the Red Ninja with this wave. I'm gonna need to start bolstering the Cobra side of my collection with some regular Troopers and Vipers (hopefully), if Hasbro keeps releasing my favorite old-school Joes.

What's next, they gonna release Airborne and Cobra Eel's in Wave 7?

Edited by Mog

Im finding it a hard decision whether to remove the figures from these awesomely cool carded artwork. I have only snake eyes and storm shadow unpacked, but the others are calling from their plastic prison ' let me out, we have so much cobra butt to kick' and the like.

had to laff though when i saw zartan for the first time. His face was completly green from being in a darkbox I assume!

loving these figs big time... Re reading the comics from the 80's, ahh.. good times...